Amazon.com
2,806 reviews

Amazon.com Employer Reviews

Productive and fun for the most part
Seasonal Gift Wrap PA ,Pick Ambassador, (Current Employee), Middletown, DEJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: prizes and give aways for good performance
Cons: hr is horrible at really resolving your issues, unless you speak to someone abouve them.
A typical day at Amazon requires one to be on their feet all day. I learned a lot from working here and also through the people I've met. There are many types of people here, you may meet your best friend here, or a significant other. The hardest part of the job is the physical demands. If you can get past that aspect of doing manual labor for 10 hours a day, then you will fit in fine.
productive and fast-pace work environment
courtesy associate (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: weekly pay.
Cons: short breaks, alot of walking.
-I walk within 4 to 5 miles each shift.
-workplace safety
-not much interaction with co-workers outside of breaks
-physical strain
-not a hard job shift is easy to get through. Weekly pay.
Productive work enviroment with good benefits
Picker/Packer/Shipper forklift operator (Former Employee), Whitestown, INJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: benefits, advancements, good pay
Cons: not secure, didnt obtain many skills
This was a very busy job. Even though the work was pretty intense, this company still offered a reasonable point system, good benefits, and room for advancement. I picked when I work here and olso operated the forklift. the compensation was good and the managent there was also excellent.
Trying to make it fun
Stow process guide (Current Employee), Shepherdsville, KYJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: discount every month
Cons: short breaks, and the insurance could be little better but it works
Amazon could be a little funnier to work there but its what you make it.
Fast Paced And Fun
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Chester, VAJanuary 23, 2015
Every day is a new experience. It is fun working with so many different people. I love the interaction with all of my co-workers and managers.
Fun place to work.
Warehouse Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Chester, VAJanuary 23, 2015
At Amazon I learned many new skills and had fun doing my job. There were motives to get your rate up, such as power hours, where if you were in the top few you would receive a prize. I enjoyed working for the company. I plan to do peak next year.
Very good benefits
Dock Clerk (Former Employee), Hebron, KYJanuary 23, 2015
A typical day
Repetitive work
Not very good communitation
co- workers friendly
Coming into work
Was great working with the customers
VCC Representative (Former Employee), Olympia, WaJanuary 23, 2015
This was a great place to work. Even though I worked from home I had all the support I needed. The training was a lot of fun and getting to know everyone was a blast.
Its a good work place
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee), Stoughton, MAJanuary 23, 2015
Its a good and steady job, short hours some shifts but theres always work to be done.
Warehouse work
Stower (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: inside work
Cons: zero job stability
Seasonal employment, hard work and fast pace environment.
Communication was fragmented and inconsistent coming through the staffing agency, regarding Amazon expectations.
was seasonal work
Supervisor Sara (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAJanuary 22, 2015
was seasonal work
pleasant environment
hardest part of the job was loading trucks
the coworkers were nice
runs fast but smooth, fun for people that likes to move, nice lunch area, tv, video games
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), Tolleson, AZJanuary 22, 2015
I would pack all day or pick on foot or with order picker.
I learned the shipping proses, how to lift properly.
Management was cool, they do a good job.
Most of the people are cool, lots of different people.
The pace was the hardest part.
lots of people to talk to.
Hostile working environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Robbinsville, NJJanuary 22, 2015
Work shift started at 7 in the morning till 5:30 in the evening. My co-workers were great always kept the environment upbeat but the managers were rude and didn't really know how to treat people it was as if just because they were higher up nobody else mattered and if they didn't like you, you knew the most enjoyable part of this job was the paychecks.
Seasonal Employee- Never Good Enough!!!
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee), Shertz, TexasJanuary 22, 2015
My expectations for this company and reality were not even close. During orientation they made it sound so much better than what it was. I was put on the single pack line, which I actually enjoyed. It was fast paced for the most part which made the day go by quickly. However, something was always going wrong with the conveyor and the whole system would shut down until they were able to get it up and running. I understand this was often times due to someone accidentally pulling on the emergency wire running the conveyor, or someone not putting a label on correctly, but it ultimately cost us our rate in the end.
This rating system is what made me want to write this review. We were expected to package a certain amount of product an hour. I am no slacker by any means and take any work I perform seriously. I could not, no matter how fast I worked or what shortcuts I tried to take without messing up the quality of the packing, ever meet that goal. The first time I ever met my manager was when they came to tell me I wasn't meeting my rate. Needless to say I wasn't very happy to meet them on those terms and found it a bit rude. I tried to kick it into higher gear and package up more product.
A week later, my manager came to me again stating my rates are still too low. At this point, I was getting really upset. I know I am a good worker, busting my butt and doing the best I can. I asked if they take into account the times we weren't getting totes and were just standing around. If the totes were coming down sporadically, then those workers at the beginning of the conveyor would grab the – more... totes and those at the end didn't have anything to do. My manager stated that I needed to be greedy. I was greedy and grabbed whatever tote came to me, but if nothing was coming my way then there was nothing I could do. They claimed they took everything into account when it came to our rates. Not sure about that, but OK. Once again, I tried to move faster and was even more upset about the whole situation. I didn't know what more I could do to get my rates up. After talking to fellow employees, it wasn't just me who felt this way. They would put a post up with everyone's names that weren't making their rate. Let's just say, that post was quite long. I was exhausted and sore after every shift. We were working 6, 11 hour days in a row at this time.
The final straw came when a week later my manager came to me once again about my rate. I was told it was my final verbal warning. Seriously?? Never in my life was I ever spoken to or disciplined about my work production. I was highly insulted and told my manager their expectations were ridiculous. I knew I was performing the best I could, but it was never enough. I was planning on finishing out the week, but once my shift was over I said screw it. I was was done with Amazon. I have never worked so hard and felt so under appreciated.
They obviously don't care about their employees. They push and push and make one feel totally inadequate and not good enough. All they care about are the rates and how much product can get moved out. They walk around with their laptops like it's an attachment to their body and are constantly analyzing everything you do. Ridiculous! Maybe it isn't this way during the off peak times, but I still would never recommend working for this company- EVER!! – less
Productive and fun work place always making new records
Out Bound/ TDR (Former Employee), Hazleton, PAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free give aways
Cons: could get over crowded
A Typical Work day involved Sorting to make rate for 5 hours
and pulling product for another 5 hours.
on other days I'm In TDR for 10 hours or 5s
I've learned Sortation, Safety, Water Spider, TDR, and 5S at Amazon. Management was great, always worked together with
all co-workers. On that note Co-workers had great team work ethics.
The hardest part of working at Amazon was that It could get real crowded. The most Enjoyable part of Amazon was being a part of the T.D.R. team (trailer, dock, and release )
Not as fun as they lead it to be
Ambassador (Former Employee), Haslet, TXJanuary 21, 2015
The work was easy, but their quotas were a bit hard to hit. the hours were very harsh.
Ok job
Picker (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great benefits.
There are different types of jobs at this facility and each one involves different types of skills. I am a picker and I believe this is an excellent job for young people; however, older employees (not all of them) tend to struggle to keep up with the demanding rates. Some of these jobs, such as ICQA are easier and less demanding.
Stowing? Stocking Associate
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Breinigville PAJanuary 21, 2015
Job Duties
stowing or stocking items in anticipation of customers
orders from the Amazon.com website.
Fast pace work environment. very little room for error.
Management for the most part make you feel like your apart of a family. Co-workers can be very competive but great to work with.
Hardest part in this site is keeping up with the fast pace and also slow pace with the site.
the people there helps the atmosphere of the job.
Productive place nice people
Order Picker (Former Employee), Chester, VAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: unrealistic expectations are far as production.
It was one of the best jobs I had it was a Productive place with a lot of nice people but the only own fall was there unrealistic expectations are far as production.
Do not work here if you value work/life balance
Business Analyst II (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: hands-off management (until review time), decent benefits, flexible schedules (like all the time)
Cons: the cutthroat, backstabbing management reviews olr, no work/life balance
Amazon is an extremely fast paced, frenetic, chaotic, team work oriented, talented employees, innovative, smart place to work. Amazon is growing and they understand the importance of investing in new technologies and resources yet do not invest in the employees much as a whole. This is a HIGHLY customer-centric place to work, and not much attention given to importance of retaining good employees or work-life balance. Management is extremely cut-throat and it brags that most of the people we work with are here for 1 year or less (that is because as quickly as they are hiring people, they are getting rid of "low performers" who actually would do alright in a normal environment. It is a dog-eat-dog environment and everyone is out to cover themselves. It really doesn't seem this way until you've been there at least 6 months. Despite all this negativity, it's a really cool place to work and I really like my coworkers, who are all by the way, super-smart people also. I've never met so many smart people in one company.

1 2 3 4 5

About Amazon.com

Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to – Read more