Amazon.com Employee Reviews in United States

Found 6,798 reviews matching the search
Great workplace
Amazon Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitestown, INJuly 28, 2016
Loved the work i had to do . Enjoyed my time there , sad I had to leave . Always loved logistics work .
overall good place to work,
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Haslet, TXJuly 27, 2016
A typical day would be clock in and would have a short stand up meeting and then head to our stations and start counting items within the pods that would come to the station I was assigned. Takes your breaks throughout the day and have another standup meeting after lunch. I work a 10 hour shift from 6pm to 430 am.
Pros
you stay busy, so time passes by quickly
Cons
managers are young and inexpeirenced, was told I would go back to days but still on the night shift.
Job security is not to the highest of certainty
ICQA Associate (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 27, 2016
Often times working within the facility we often face the threat of having our job one day and not having it the next therefore I choose to look for higher and more stable work conditions.
The company doesn't allow you to grow as much as they make it seem. Management runs everything, you never really have a say over seniority.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJuly 27, 2016
The company offers great benefits, but the management doesn't allow you to grow. Favoritism is definitely a thing that takes place at the facilities.
Pros
Healthcare benefits, stocks
Cons
Management and HR do not
fun and productive
Costumer return (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 27, 2016
i worked at Amazon as a costumer return and i love my job it was fun working at Amazon ..... i love my job because we worked together as team and it makes our job easy and more fun ......
Decent Pay, Great Benefits
Stow Associate (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 27, 2016
The job was fairly straightforward. Most of the co-workers were personable and easy to deal with. Biggest complaint is that your expected production is not adjusted based on the availability of space to store items.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks, Expectations do not change based on reality
Fast paced Environment
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYJuly 27, 2016
Amazon is a fast paced environment. Overtime opportunities available in bulk to earn extra cash. A diverse culture and open door policy for addressing issues and management. Long hours per days but more days off- four ten hour days.
good company to work for
Problem Solver (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 27, 2016
Amazon is a great place to work. They really take care of their employees. Great benefits and room of promotions. Love the four days on and three days off.
productivity and fun place with ping pong table
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 27, 2016
It is okay place to work,especially if you are going school and work there, they very good at working with your schedule. But all time you login to the end, you are in your rate and too much pressure about rate
Pros
good work place and balance with life
Great work environment
Case Receiver/Associate (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJuly 26, 2016
I'm a hard worker great with attention detail able to work in fast pace environment. High quality costumer service.
fast paced work environment
Stower/Picker (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJuly 26, 2016
A day at Amazon went like this. You'd start out by clocking in and joining your team for daily stretches and announcements. You'd then go to your designated station and start putting away items if you were a stower or picking items if you were a picker. This would go on for a good 10 hours with breaks and a lunch in between. co-workers are hit and miss but they're mostly good help when you need it. management is also hit and miss but in my experience most were difficult to work with. the hardest part of the job was keeping up with the set pace they had. The easiest part of the job was keeping track of the time you were there.
It is what you make it!
Amazon Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJuly 26, 2016
Company could be great if management was more skilled and actually have work experience themselves. There was to much favoritism in depts. All in all it was an okay place to work.
Fun workplace
PIT DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2016
Nice place to work, you get to stretch before you begin, which will later come in handy. You don't have to always ask to go get water or use the bathroom, just let your line know you are leaving and you may go.
Interesting place to work
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 26, 2016
My typical day at Amazon involves working on many things which can be seen in my resume. It is difficult sometimes, but can be rewarding by the end of the day.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Too much confusion
Hard work but great benefits
Area Manager (L4) (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJuly 26, 2016
Amazon is a great place to gain some experience and start your career. Employers know the hours involved working at Amazon and having the name on your resume looks great. Amazon will take what you give it. There is a poor work life balance. You can expect a typical work week of ~50 hr (not including peak hours). The upper management are all experienced people within logistics. Hope your building team is good as mine!
Good
Picker (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 26, 2016
Love working at amazon it made me even more enthusiastic about working in warehouses making sure the customers get what the ordered on time and in good shape customers are the reason I enjoy working seeing them smile and happy makes me feel good everyday
productive and fun
FC Shipping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 26, 2016
shipping department is a very busy job, packing on an hourly basis at a rate of 180 units and shipping out a volume of 1800 units per day. very nice co-workers and managers.Everyone is really nice and treats you with respect.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
short breaks
Its not a really bad place to work
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 26, 2016
Working the hours all you have time for is sleep and work the whole work week, pto,upt and vacation are nice, they most of the time you will be moved from your department because they have to many people even if you get there before the other people, it takes time for them to work with you, with a overwhelming turn over rate, 7/40 may stay
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Can be written up easily, 10 minutes breaks not 2 15's, hours, management, communications
Busy and less time to talk.
Picker (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJuly 26, 2016
On a typical day I would be very busy. I learned how to pick items in a certain amount of time. The manger was friendly. My co-workers were the same also.
positive place to work with good salary
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 26, 2016
A typical day at work is usually good. You get 15 minute breaks management is usually very respectful and helpful when given instruction. They show I high level of enthusiasm during the work day even though co-workers aren't usual receptive to it. The hardest part of the job is the hours and the commute. i hardly ever leave at the regular time at the end of the day and it takes a lot time to get to the job location using public transportation. Other than that the job can be pretty enjoyable once you get the hang of things and get to know people.