Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Found 9,338 reviews matching the search
fun place to work but can also be a very disappointing place to work
Seasonal Sort Associate (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORFebruary 8, 2017
The atmosphere feels like High School like bullies are some of the Leads then cool kids are a group of people who stand around and chat,chat and lastly management decides on where the wind blows meaning solving a situation depends on who knows who like some people are untouchable despite their unprofessional behavior.I will say Leads and management are the worse.
Pros
The job is fun to do
Cons
Unproessional management and Job Security
Great Work Place
Outbound Dock Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 2, 2017
Working as a team to complete our cleaning goals on a day to day bases. Things I learned proper way to clean warehouses and apartments in a safe timely manner. Management was good and understanding. The hardest thing was just making sure everything was done correct and in a timely manner so we could go on to complete are next building. I enjoyed the group I worked with hard working and happy to be around.
Pros
versatile hours if needed
Cons
not enough buildings
Very Productive Workplace and a fun Environment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 10, 2017
Amazon Fresh is new to the Atlanta Area and is still getting loose ends tightened but since opening day business has grown. We are an online grocery store, customers order their groceries online through the Amazon Fresh website and the associates pick and pack their groceries for delivery. That is the prime duty but when we have new freight in we do do stow or bin our freight, we also remove old and outdated items from the shelf to insure no customer receives spoiled or outdated groceries.
Productive and fun working environment
Scanner, Picker, Packer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2017
Always have ID/Pass on hand at all times. I learn how to work in a face pace environment and keep full focus on whats next. The management was a bit poorly on some days but not all days. The challenging part of the work was to complete the job description in a short amount of time. The scanner shows a time clock counting down to where you had to find items from one side of the building to the other. You practically have to rush which was kind of exciting. There was a No phones policy on the work floor and yet, some employees still carried them. The best and enjoyable thing about the job was meeting new people everyday. The place had character.
Pros
Daily stretch
Cons
Short breaks
great people ,bad management could not grow or advance on the job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  SpartanburglFebruary 1, 2017
I would go in and start my shift by prepping my area and then attending the shift stand down in an effort to see what was planned for the day.I would then get my scanners and other equipment and head to my assigned areas. Once there I would work or train associates if needed as well as train new managers.I learned on the job how to enhance work process paths in order to make work more efficient.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
bad management
Great At-Home Positions
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Home BasedFebruary 6, 2017
I was able to work from home for Amazon and I did enjoy the work and the customers, reasons for leaving are between Amazon and I. However, I highly recommend Amazon customer service for individuals who truly enjoy helping others, are able to have open communication with team members and their managers. Individuals will want to have the need to learn and implement Amazon policies with respect and empathy towards their customers.
Great place to work, great people.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJanuary 29, 2017
I have been with Amazon for just over a year and a half. I have had rough days at work, just like any other job, but for the most part it's not bad going to work. This is a place you don't have to dread showing up to. Management is great, and employees make the day so much more. I have met an awesome group of people here. All Amazon asks in return is for you to work hard. If you show up to work everyday wanting to grow, learn and explore more options with opportunities available to you, this is the place. Amazing benefits and higher wages.
Pros
Giveaways, great breakrooms, stocks, pay, benefits, growth, in charge of your own time off
Cons
Parking, standing all day
A cool temporary seasonal position
Associate (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 9, 2017
I absolutely loved the fact that they gave employees pep talks, and motivated us to always stay above on productivity. They were very hands on making sure everyone was working at a steady pace and that we take our breaks and lunches. In addition they had prizes for the hardest worker with the best percentage level of working pace for each department.
Pros
Only had to work 10 hours for 4 days and it was at night.
Cons
Tons of lifting, sometimes there wasnt any room to store huge items, and or items in general inside of the warehouse facility.
Sr. HR Administrator
Sr. HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAFebruary 15, 2017
Responsible for all HR functions in a warehouse containing 500 personnel. Generates high level labor planning reports for Sr. Operations to review staffing needs per volume. Facilitates annual training for Area Managers regarding HR procedure. Maintains accurate roster along with updating attrition/retention/performance data for weekly regional calls.
Pros
Company has a lot of fun events for associates
Cons
Poor work/life balance, hard work ethic isn't respected.
Great Hours and reliable earnings
Fulfillment Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAFebruary 16, 2017
Typical day at work included packing and sorting items to be delivered to customers

Learned how Amazon handles large quantities of orders via Internet

Management was hands off mostly because of the large number of employees and large work area (warehouse)

Culture was mostly routine once you got your daily assignment

Hardest part of job was fighting fatigue as breaks were very short

Job paid weekly.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Short breaks
Worked with different teams, got to work with different types of people, not necessarily found in offices.
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 9, 2017
Enjoyed the morning meetings and the requirement to "warm up our muscles" for the physical demands of the job. Certain culture at the job which required you to deal with all kinds of people. Good experience for anyone, especially someone who is used to working in a law office or any other kind of office.
Pros
Brought in food at lunches for rewards & received a t-shirt for meeting goal
Cons
Breaks were short, coffee & food machines had long lines difficult to wait in lines & eat all on breaks
frustrating work environment
Fulfillment Associate 1 (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAFebruary 17, 2017
They push a rate of packages that need to be put away hourly. Seems like they don't take into account the size of the item or the weight. They have people in direct roles and indirect roles and threaten to fire the people that are in indirect roles. They also have different positions and for instance stowers have to move for pickers but the stower still needs to make rate.
Pros
Full time and benefits
Cons
Direct roles verses non direct roles
Great money exhausting hours
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75241February 9, 2017
Personally I love the easy work. You could never call it hard but the hours get to some people when they found out how long you really standup other than that it was basically easy work and money

Management was very horrible , they will not tell you that you have a write up. They'll wait till you have a second write up then tell you. At that point you cant do anything.

I found out that amazon will have to fire people just to recieve a bonus.
Pros
Great money
Cons
Management was horrible
Great Work From Home Opportunity
Phase 2 Retail Phone Generalist (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 10, 2017
Working from home as a customer service agent was awesome. Although seasonal, you meet some great people. Management however are never on the same page. I was trained in all aspects of customer service from phone, chat, email and device. I was transferred to 4 different teams in less than 2 months.My skill sets were reduced to just phone. When I was sick I was not told that I could use a waiver for days off instead of sick time. This was told after the fact when I had a negative balance.
Pros
Work from home, excellent work schedule
Cons
Seasonal, Poor Management
Very Demanding
Picker (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Great company to work for but management needs a lot of work. Morale is very low. With my experience working at Amazon, too many people there in management positions that don't know their job and alot of them show favoritism. Not enough support from management with training and development. They use and abuse you and then find out ways to get rid of you.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Too many favoritism going on and not enough people getting recognized for the work they put in.
Productive and fun workplace
FC Associate Picker/Packer/Stower (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJJanuary 24, 2017
A typical day at work would start with stand up. Where management gives us a pep talk before stretching and sending us to work stations. After lunch we have raffles. Power hours where the fastest and most proficient workers get rewards like amazon swagg bucks or an amazon fire stick or a tv. After a 12 hour shift i got to go home and sleep for maybe 4-5 hours before getting ready for work again.
Pros
great pay. great benefits. friendly staff.
Cons
very strenuous work. breaks werent long enough.
Simple Job with good benifits
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 24, 2017
Nothing about the job is difficult and it is not much to meet the scan rate goal they ask for. Shift starts off with A short briefing of the work load followed by stretches. The work is not difficult to do but the hours are short only four hours a day on average for part time. On occasions there are opportunities for extra work but they a far and few between. The dental and vision is great for only about 20 hours a week and the pay is decent at $12/h. The management could be better and a little more open when they decide to change things on the fly. Overall a pretty good work plaace. My only complaint or the few hours outside of holiday.
Not a great place to work
Fulfillment Center Associate (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAFebruary 22, 2017
Managers care more about there bonuses then the employees. They are constantly setting up their employees to fail. The employees are forced to come into work even when the town they live in is in a state of emergency weather wise (they make use your time if you want to stay home however they do not give you a reasonable amount of time). Employees are consistently overworked and treated poorly by bosses, they take the approach that if you want to leave good we will just hire a replacement.
Pros
Great benefit packages and own stock in the company
Cons
awful work environment and company culture
Its what you make of it
FC Associate (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAFebruary 21, 2017
You have to make the best of you you will be trained in specific area with a 30 day learning curve after you will be required to make rate. And also keep a 100% productivity every week witch your manager will be keeping up with if you cant keep your productivity up eventually you will be fired. But it all depends on were you are located some managers will help you and move to to another function were you can possibly do better. It is not a job for everyone and there are a lot of politics among peers. But its not hard to succeed as long as you ready for long hours and doing repetitive lifting.
Pros
Benefits Pay Environment
Cons
N/A
Sometimes they give away free Chick-Fil-A sandwiches
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAFebruary 7, 2017
I like it but I don't see myself making Amazon a career choice for the future. The benefits are awesome,and I learned four different positions in the warehouse. I enjoy meeting our daily goals because it gave me a sense of accomplishment. The hardest part about the job was adjusting to the 12 hour shifts before Christmas. Management was easy to talk to for the most part, all of my managers were very social and comfortable to express my concerns to.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.