Amazon.com
2,616 reviews

Amazon.com Employer Reviews

Great place to start
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CADecember 23, 2014
Great team and great personal goals setting place. Learned a lot about personal independence while working for a team.
Hard work
Picker/Loader (Former Employee), PADecember 23, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: stress
Very high burn out rate, very good benefits, safety training, many hours for peak season.
Loved it at Amazon
Catalog Specialist II (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 22, 2014
I've heard a lot of mixed things about working at Amazon. My experience is that my team was AWESOME! I loved the work I did there and I loved the understanding project managers that made themselves available.
good pay , good benefits
Technician III (Current Employee), Plainfield, INDecember 22, 2014
Pros: good work atmosphere
Cons: lunch hours are short, no time off during holidays.
Amazon pays the skilled trades well if you have good skills.benefits are good.Working conditions are good , sometimes chaos when busy.
Enjoyed it
Picker (Former Employee), Lexington, KYDecember 22, 2014
Great benefits, opportunity for advancement available for those desiring, team work environment, enjoyed my managers
Fast paced but fun working environment
Resolution Lead (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 21, 2014
Pros: great pay, benefits, and rsu package (if applicable)
Cons: wireless and kindle dept's is fast paced due to quick tech changes in the industry
Amazon has a great culture. It's very fast paced, like drinking from a fire hose, because Amazon is ever-evolving and growing. That being said, the culture there is laid-back and "business casual" in the offices, more casual in the fulfillment centers.

You're expected to work hard, but as long as you are self-disciplined and can keep focused and perform – more... your metrics and achieve your goals, management will leave you alone. They are, however, good at touching base with you and keeping you in the loop. Communication at Amazon is good, and I think that is one key element to their continued success. – less
Great Team to work with
DBA Manager/Lead DBA (Current Employee), Seattle, WADecember 21, 2014
Pros: great peers
Cons: work life balance
You will have the brightest minds to work with. You will be learning so much from the peers. Every thing you deliver or work on will be measured against the Leadership principles.
Was an okay place to work
Picker (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCDecember 21, 2014
Pros: free coffee and coco
Cons: everything
Amazon was an awesome experience! The hours was my down fall and the fact that your given a day or two of training and then you're on the floor. Let me not forget that the people that work there are so rude! Like, they take their problems out on anybody. Otherwise, the place is okay lol.
Work hard and have fun!
Merchandising Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 21, 2014
Pros: don't micro-manage
Cons: rarely take a break
Amazon is a great place to work as a contractor. You will work hard, learn a lot of skills that are transferable to other industries and have fun.
Great place with benefits
Ambassador (Current Employee), Patterson, CADecember 21, 2014
Pros: vto, 401k
Cons: short lunch break
Hardest part of the job is working very repetitive motions in a schedule that looks like a 10-12 hour day for five days a week.
Customer Service Representative I & II (Former Employee), Winchester, KYDecember 20, 2014
long day productive
hardest part is you work nonstop but you get three days off work four during the week
Think of it as a Military Commitment.
Transportation Operations Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 20, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits, cool projects
Cons: work life balance, hours, almost like deploying in the military kiss your family goodbye.
It pays great, the hours will cause a married man to become a divorced one, you work on some of the most innovative projects around but, the bar is insanely high.
it was very busy
ICQA (Former Employee), Petersburg, VADecember 20, 2014
Pros: it was a job
Cons: no insurance, manager dosen't have respect
I would come in and check everything to see if everything is the way it supposed to be. I would usually have to prep vegetables. After that I would assist on the front line and try to keep everything filled and or clean.
Seasonal Picker (Former Employee), Chester, VADecember 19, 2014
Always doing something never a chance to stop. The most enjoyable part is knowing I could always better myself there. The hardest part was walking long distances for a long period of time. I learned that keeping a steady pace at amazon is very important.
Productive and Family Oriented place to work
Warehouse Worker / Trainer (Former Employee), Munster, INDecember 19, 2014
Pros: great schedule
Cons: healthcare
The comradery of the employees was excellent
I was able to work with my wife
I learned how to be more efficient
Management was always willing to teach
Hardest part of the job was standing for 8+ hours a day
Easy and Hard work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNDecember 19, 2014
Pros: pay was great
Cons: walk a lot
my review to Amazon is going to be about there production rate. its harder than you think before you enter. I like that kind of work. Keep me busy,
very fast paced
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Munster, INDecember 18, 2014
Vvvery fast paced on your feet 12 hours a day need speed and memory a must minimum breaks did not fit the hourly work culture but fun highly competitiveand challenging job vvery few mistakes and deadline for product pick up a nice place to work for those whom have ambition and drive
fun work place
receiving Associate (Former Employee), Allentown, PADecember 18, 2014
Pros: the benifits and being able to take off work when ever it was needed
Cons: short breaks and the long hours.
There were changes in the job almost everyday. New rules or system programs that didn't really benefit the workers but were set up to make us fail. I learned problem solving skills and basic wear house functions. The managers were always changing. My co-workers were always a joy to be around. There were many different people from many backgrounds. I – more... learned so much from my co-workers. The hardest part was the long hours and trying to keep up a good rate with dry lines. The co-workers were the best part of the job. – less
Lack of communication among management
Stow (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CADecember 17, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: lack of security in parking lot, takes about 30-40 to exit the parking lot, lack of communication between smx and amazon
I had actually gotten hired through SMX ( employment agency). I knew this job was too good to be true, but thought i should give them the benefit of the debut. On orientation day, they went over all the basics, but seemed to leave out some vital information. There must have been at least 70 people crammed in the room for orientation this day. Nothing – more... was EVER mentioned about how much time we had to learn our assigned positions. On our second day, (our official first day of hands on work, alone) after our shift, an Amazon P.A. (manager) told us not to worry about our "numbers" and to focus on "quality." Starting my second week, i had a SMX coach approach me to discuss my "numbers." She assured me my numbers were not bad since i was still new. She also mentioned that all employees who were starting on their second week were on "learning mode" and that we had a month to learn our position. Come Wednesday, i got a write up for my "low numbers" on my first week! I told the coach that i was told by another SMX coach that i had a month to learn my job and that an Amazon manager even told a bunch of us at a little meet up after our shift not to worry about "numbers." This coach said that i wasn't suppose to be told that cause it wasn't true.Long story short, it's a load of crock. SMX says one thing while Amazon turns and says the total opposite. They also encourage you to refer your friends and in return they will give you $25. What they also fail to mention is that as long as you and the person you referred last a whole thirty days, then you'll get your $25 referral. All in all, find a better job. – less
Fast paced and interesting.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Troutdale, ORDecember 17, 2014
Very fast paced with one call after the other. Every call different than the other. Some 2-minutes long with no issues, others 45+ minutes with multiple issues.

A verity of questions, from help finding a toothbrush to setting up a Blu-ray player to play Amazon Instant Video's.

1 2 3 4 5

About Amazon.com

Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to – Read more