Amazon.com
3,380 reviews

Amazon.com Employee Reviews

A working environment that's not stressful to be in
Security Industry Specialist (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMay 24, 2015
Easy work tasks
Constantly learning new things
Colleagues are always a pleasure to work with
Management is structured and fair
nice workplace
Picker (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNMay 22, 2015
I really enjoyed working here. Everyone was helpful towards each other. I learned a lot from working here. I was usually working alone everyday.
Started strong
Data Center Technician II (Former Employee), Boardman, ORMay 22, 2015
Pros: Work with smart people
Cons: Have to deal with the worst managers I've ever met.
But shortly after getting hired, upper management was replaced with a cutthroat group of managers. As we were told in a meeting: "If Data Center Technicians were smart they wouldn't be working in a data center" among other disrespectful gems.

The department couldn't motivate people with low pay and long hours, so they deliberately crippled the work conditions as a motivation.

The WORK was excellent, but management leaves quite a lot to be desired. The pay is not high enough to deal with the many other inconveniences of working 100 miles from the nearest city.
Good place to work, but stressful
Seller Support Associate (Current Employee), Grand Forks, NDMay 22, 2015
Pros: Free lunches with required OT, Good compensation, great rewards
Cons: Angry Sellers, long times of sitting
Assisted sellers with issues with the Seller Central platform. The job is stressful, as you are walking people over the phone on how to do things and they can become upset in an instant.
fast moving environment
Warehouse, Shipping/Customer care (Former Employee), phoenix, arizonaMay 21, 2015
Recommended , selected and helped locate and obtain out-of-stock product based on customer requests. Resolved product issues and shared benefits of new technology .Worked under strict deadlines and responded to service request and emergency call outs.
okay place to work
Picker (Former Employee), Middletown, DEMay 21, 2015
Pros: bonuses, plenty overtime
Cons: staff can be very nagging. those who have worked there, know just what i mean;)*
decent job, but physical demands are high, so be ready to work hard.
you can loose weight due to all the walking that you do a day and it can be fun as long as you maintain the rates they require, when you don' they are on you!
great workplace environment, management not the best.
Process Assistant (supervisor) (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 21, 2015
Pros: no dress code, they do not mind tattoos/piercings
Cons: poor plocies, management, and HR.
the typical work day at Amazon warehouse was always very long and very fast paced. The typical day was different day to day sometimes good sometimes bad.
Fast working enviornment
Stow (Former Employee), Robinsville, NJMay 21, 2015
I learned how to work at a fast pace. I like the way management handled things and their employees. I basically everyday just put away items at a swift pace.
Great temporary Job
Flow Lead (TIER 3) (Current Employee), Coppell, TXMay 20, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: hires externally, promise breakers
A great place to meet people and make ends meet, but don't get your hopes up when trying to advance within company. Show favoritism and management likes to make promises they can't keep.
Worked seasonal. Wasn't a good experience.
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 20, 2015
Pros: Good starting pay.
Cons: Cold in the winter. Stand the entire time, only sit at breaks.
Worked all the time, mandatory. Management talked to you like you were less than human, and even yelled, screamed at me. As production slowed, it seemed as if they pushed people to quit because they no longer needed they. I still have friends that work there and love it. Just my experience.
Setting unattainable goals leads to job anxiety/stress
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE II (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 20, 2015
Pros: Work from home, no commute, Great team support.
Cons: Low pay for the shear complexity of the job, Setting unattainable goals everyone struggled with, Changed teams frequently, every three months.
I worked three days a week telecommuting for the virtual contact center. There was constant pressure to get a "yes" click on a follow up email to the customer, even if you resolved their issue, but they were not accepting of the outcome. Any more than three "no" clicks a week put you over goal. Team culture was supportive and great. Team managers are the hardest working people there.
Productive Environment
ICQA (Former Employee), huslet txMay 19, 2015
Hard working from start to finish sometime real long days when they mandatory 12 hour shifts. most of all not a bad place to work real nice and clean environment
The most customer conscious company ever
Lead (Current Employee), Moreno ValleyMay 19, 2015
Good place to work for entry level employees. Salary for along with benefits are great, lots of time off available during non peak months
AWESOME PLACE TO WORK
Amazon Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Robbinsville, NJMay 19, 2015
HAVE TO BE WELL RESTED AND ENERGIZED FOR A DAY AT WORK. VERY FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT. GUARANTEED OVERTIME AND HOLIDAY PAY. STARTING PAY IS AWESOME.SOME MEMBERS OF MANAGEMENT WERE A BIT STERN , BUT AS LONG AS YOU DID YOUR BEST THINGS WERE FINE.THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART ABOUT THE JOB IS MEETING NEW PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER .
Loved this job!
Production Worker/ Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), IndianaMay 19, 2015
Pros: Great pay, great management, easy work, great people, not as stressful, awesome incentives to work, good benefits
Cons: I don't like the point system or how vacation time works.
Amazon.com was a very good job with great pay even for the temporary-workers. As a temp, you get paid weekly, you still get incentives, and sure you don't have benefits yet, but, after 250 work hours, you are eligible for full-hire. After getting full-hire you then get paid every 2 weeks, and get a raise every 6-months.
Working for Amazon.com, you can choose what shift you want to work (night or day), you also get 3 breaks a day which are spaced out nicely to give you plenty of time to relax.
The health benefits are good if you pay for the better plans, they have a nurse right in the building, they are great with safety, and I found myself with managers that actually listened to their employees and tried to compensate so that both parties were satisfied. Managers would work alongside employees to get orders done, and we all pulled our weight. We would have picnics and other dinners and such or reaching goals and it made the place fun.
I worked with some really amazing people, still got to have a life on the outside, and not once said that I hated my job. I would go back if I could, but I relocated.
fun work place
Sorter (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 19, 2015
Pros: free coffee, ice, water, medical foe accidents
Cons: short brakes, too much standing, some work while others talk
easy friendly people.the hardest part of the job is the standing, bending,sorting in the front line and picking up heavy boxes.the most unfair thing is while others work so hard some play.
fun but very much busy!
Order Picker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCMay 18, 2015
Pros: activities/contests, easy and manageable work
Cons: short breaks, time limits(everything was timed)
TIME was the major thing at Amazon, I enjoyed the constant work and the work I was given to do. I learned how to maintain my time, how to do quality checks, and to even operate the in house driving equipment! My co-workers were interesting, for the most part they just came to get their work done and go home. The hardest part of the job was learning and getting used to operating a PIT (powered industrial truck). The most enjoyable part would be the teamwork and commitment that everyone put forth to the company!
Warehouse associate (Former Employee), hebron kentuckyMay 18, 2015
Pros: Fast Paced
Cons: Short Breaks
Worked in Cayce South Carolina Location
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Cayce, SCMay 18, 2015
Pros: Good money between jobs...
Cons: they will work you to death! no kidding! crazee
Worst management ever ever ever... It was a disaster. these people liked to beat us down... they were never satisfied.. I think they miserable.. I;ve heard other locations were better. not sure.. .
Fast pace- quota system
ICQA (Current Employee), Breinigsville, PAMay 18, 2015
Keeps the wolf from the door.
Grueling manual labor. mind numbingly boring, but not difficult work. Excellent benefits package and usually as much over time as you want.

1 2 3 4 5

About Amazon.com

Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to – Read more

Amazon.com Salaries