Amazon.com Employee Reviews

relaxed work environment
Process Assistant (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILDecember 16, 2017
great and flexible work culture that one can enjoy. work hours scheduled to allow everyone the opportunity enjoy at least one weekend day in the week.
Warehouse
Amazon Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 16, 2017
Stow - Bin merchandise
ICQA- Inventory Control Quality Assurance / Security
Packers- Package Merchandise for Orders
PIck-Pick orders from Storage locations
Pros
Income
I'm not going back
Associate (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXDecember 15, 2017
Stressful job with no good management. As a black person it was hard to feed in with my team in San Marco. White kids at work were with their friends white giving them small stuff in order to have good rate and be promoted.
Pros
Some good benefits
Cons
Very stressful
productivity
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJDecember 15, 2017
Amazon is a safe place to work. I liked there because of the way they motivate people. Their motive is work hard, have fun and make history. The staff managerial is solid and appreciative. While you work there, it's just like you were doing anything compared to the way you work.
Nice place get along with everybody i’m a people person So I got to know a lot of people within the time of their . Everybody is friendly
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 15, 2017
Nice place get along with everybody i’m a people person So I got to know a lot of people within the time I was their . Everybody is friendly manager stay on top of everything No favoritism that’s what I love about the managen
customer obsession
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  KENNEWICK WADecember 15, 2017
Inbound customer inquiries, you have the flexibility to ensure each customers satisfaction. amazon is customer obsessed and as an employee, we are a customer of amazon's and they obsess over us which makes it easy for us to obsess over our customers.
Customer Eccentric Workplace from home
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Salem, NJDecember 15, 2017
Overall, I enjoyed working at Amazon. They pay well and everyone is extremely nice. I'm a full time college student and they were able to accommodate my schedule so I could still work. The company is all about helping customers which I love as well.
Production based and fast paced environment
Amazon Associate (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILDecember 15, 2017
They provide great opportunities including career development but the demand on its employees can sometimes be stressful. You’ll have to learn how to balance your work and personal life to ensure your longevity with the company.
Pros
Paid time off
Stower (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCDecember 15, 2017
It was very fast paced and it was a good place to work. I learned that you have to stow items on the shelf at a fast pace and the most enjoyable part is that you meet new people.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
short breaks
Fast-paced job
SHIPPING & RECEIVING CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GADecember 15, 2017
Attention to detail is definitely required while working. They were excellent with providing accommodations when I needed them. I do enjoy working here. Mandatory overtime is often implemented so if you have another job make sure you choose a shift that it won't interfere with. I think that the training that you receive could be a lot better.
Pros
Opportunities for overtime, decent salary for entry level position
Cons
No personal time given even though they tell you that you will receive it, Mandatory overtime sometimes would interfere with my other job.
Fast Paced
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 15, 2017
The fast pace and high production demands makes Amazon a difficult environment. It is difficult to advance. The work culture is awkward at best. Many of your coworkers are non English speaking and standards are different for different employees.
Pros
Benefits andpay
Cons
Mandatory overtime upwards to 60 hours per week, lack of advancement, poor management regarding employee concerns.
if you absolutely need work
stow/picker/orderpicker/decante/truck unloader (Former Employee) –  Ruskin, FLDecember 15, 2017
They don't advertise before you're hired or tell you when you're hired that there is a rating system, and you must get 100% everyday or you get fired. Though you get 90 days to prove yourself, they don't tell you after your first three weeks of training you can get a write up, or that once you get your first write up, you have 30 days before it falls off, if you get a second write up before your first one ends, you
Pros
Great benefits and easy hiring process
Cons
After 3 years of working with the company you "cap out" at $15.75
Human robots
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, IL 60191December 15, 2017
I was hired as a full time associate but at the same time I dont receive full time hours becasue if the work is not there you get sent home. not happy at all
Fun place to work!
Fulfillment Associate, Learning Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJDecember 15, 2017
I have a great time working here. Honestly my favorite job so far. The hours are good for overnight and you get paid more than other jobs. Definitely would reccommend to others.
Depressing place to work. Seeing the people rush around reminds you of an ant colony
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 15, 2017
Cut throat. Management wants you to do a job they have never done themselves and then doesn’t understand the problems that occur. Management doesn’t attempt to get to know you, you are just a number.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Everett, MADecember 15, 2017
No frills job. They are honest and upfront about what you will do. I did enjoy working there because I knew what to expect, but the super-human quick pace of walking around the warehouse is not for everyone so choose wisely.
Profits at the cost of employees health
AFE Packer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 15, 2017
Long work hours that require standing hours at a time 12+ hours a day. Disciplinary actions taken against injuries and/or illnesses. Any sensible companies know to increase profits, take care of your employees.
love working for amazon
Temp Staff (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 15, 2017
very very fast pace environment love working for amazon, but the job is for more hands on people not for the slackers. 10/10 for anyone who wants to work there
Do not work there
Ambassador/PA (Former Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJDecember 15, 2017
Its a good solid job but no advancement. If you are looking to move up forget it all managers are younger and have 0 expirince. So this may not be a place you want to go.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, Like bill warner that idiot
Year two Associates training the area managers how to manage
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Chester, VADecember 15, 2017
Hurry up and find a new job before they fire you cause once you max out they trying to get rid of you just to cut the budget . 2 to 3 years max and watch what happens either you move up or move out..
Pros
Vto
Cons
Slavery still exist

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.