Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Found 9,245 reviews matching the search
wonderful
Line Packer (Former Employee) –  Etna, OHFebruary 20, 2017
It was a great job, I packed items for shipping customers purchased on line. I worked third shift. They have great benefits.
Pros
they will hire all ages
Cons
too politically correct at times
Amazon Summary
Packer (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Amazon is a great company to work for great benefits great people, great business, but also the management need to work on there people skills. although good company
Great company to work for
Virtual CSA (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 20, 2017
The hours were great, I was able to work from home with my position. The supervisor was always there when I needed her and the coworkers were very supportive of each other. Always opportunities for overtime.
tedious
Packer (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAFebruary 20, 2017
You do the same thing every single day. During that day you do the same exact thing for 10 hours straight. You turn around and grab some items, scan them, then build a box and put the items in. Attach and scan a label and push it onto the conveyer. Repeat process ~500 times a day. All your work is tracked and so is time off task.
it was a fast paced environment
Amazon Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAFebruary 20, 2017
the pay and benefits are great if you can put up with being harassed every hour about your work. the work days are long and they treat you like a robot
It all depends on your team
Sr. Manager, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 20, 2017
Amazon is a fantastic company. The corporate culture is not cohesive so the biggest factor in your experience will be your immediate manager. The good news is transfer opportunities are fairly easy to come by.
Pros
Aggressive total compensation. Urban campus.
Cons
Lots of bootstrapping. Inconsistent culture.
Fun, Fast Paced, and Extremely Demanding
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 20, 2017
Working for Amazon means thriving in ambiguous and high stress situations. The part-time business model and lack of work-life balance (70-80 hour weeks are typical) drives high turnover and attrition. Planning and executing shifts to ensure that hundreds of thousands of packages are delivered on a daily basis is an absolute adrenaline rush. Working swing shifts and all holidays can be a burden, especially on family time and physical health, so making the most of time off is essential. Call offs cannot happen in leadership positions due to a lean hierarchy and specialized roles. Senior leadership has a tendency to turnover frequently which can lead to fatigue especially in regards to change management and development of new corporate culture.
Pros
Great work out, ability to travel, excellent training
Cons
No work-life balance, difficult to get any time off, influx of new senior leadership too often
Prime Pantry Picker
Prime Pantry Picker (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYFebruary 20, 2017
The work days are very long when hired for full time. There are not enough bathrooms to accommodate all the employees, and one must wait. The lunch and 2 breaks are not long enough to really have a rest, because it takes several minutes to walk to the break room within the giant warehouse. Everything is computerized, and while working the computer is always monitoring your work, picking time in seconds, etc. There really isn't any enjoyable part of the day when working at the Hebron, KY Prime Pantry Center.
Pros
Health Insurance from day 1
Cons
short breaks, long walks to bathrooms and breakroom
Excellent Workplace
Business Analyst, Business Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 20, 2017
It was a great experience working and learning new things people were very creative and innovative , management used to welcome new ideas whenever necessary
If you want a job that keeps you moving, heres a great place
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Its an ok starting job if youre looking for ok pay. People are a little grumpy and it can be very fast paced at times. They'll mess up your occasiinally?
Pros
There is ps4 in the caferteria??
Cons
Management can be very... bad, pay not accurate sometimes
development, and opportunities, fun environment
ware house associate (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYFebruary 20, 2017
i work at the return center. Jobs are relatively easy and it is a fun place to work. Salary is the same as other ware house jobs.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Great place to work at. Also great people to work around. I would defiantly go back if I had to. I really enjoyed the experience at amazon. That is all
Great Crew, Terrible Job
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Everyday you're on the job it feels like it could be your last. It's all about rate and they remind you everyday that if you don't hit it, they will let you go. It's a very stressful situation to be in and they have the highest turnover rate I have ever seen.The Pay is the saving grace.
Pros
great pay
Cons
constant fear of losing your job
The best part of working at amazon was the people I worked with.
Cash Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 20, 2017
Enjoyed the challenge of ensuring payments were good prior to releasing orders. My day was always busy, handling from a minimum of 60 to 100's (during Christmas season) a day.

The workplace culture was quite interesting, with dealing with customers from all 50 states.

The most interesting situations was when I worked with various law enforcement agencies regarding attempted fraud.
Pros
Working with customers.
Cons
Short handed assistance during Christmas season required me to work 18 hrs a day, Corporate policies, at times, would hinder me from performing my duties.
At Home work
At Home Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 20, 2017
Amazon is a great place to work for at home for people that have children that get out of school early. I love that I am able to do my own schedule and still get up to 40 hours a week. We help customers with orders received and not received, charge inquiries, kindle, fire stick, and any other issues they may have with their account with Amazon.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
The pay is not a lot for what you deal
AFE (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 20, 2017
I had just sold my Businesses of 10 years and needed to get back into the workforce and Amazon gave me that chance. If you can handle standing on your feet for 12 hrs at a time it's a great place to work.
Pros
the people
Cons
Long hrs on your feet
Good clean warehouse environment
Outbound Picker (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYFebruary 20, 2017
Typical day begins with a group overview followed by a periodic stretching routine and the work day begins. Management was very friendly, the walking may have been the hardest part of this job for some people but to me it was the most enjoyable part of the job because it helps you stay in shape.
FUN place and people to work with
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Patterson, CAFebruary 19, 2017
The work is hard, but management and co-workers make your work day fun. There is always someone willing to help. Management is always available to assist you. Your hard work is always acknowledged. You are randomly chosen to learn and/or train in other areas of the business.
Pros
benefits, the pay is great, especially when you work overtime. three days off, pay, friendly work environment.
Cons
NONE
Great benefits
Outbound Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNFebruary 19, 2017
Amazon is a great place to work if you can stay away from the drama. Very childish management. Hardly move up with the company.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
horrible management
Customer Obsessed
FT Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Union City, GA 30291February 19, 2017
Great Place To Work, Workplace Friendly, Lots Of Hard Work, Employees Are Treated Kindly & We Make Sure That Our Customers Are Always Satisfied

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval