Amazon.com
2,400 reviews

Amazon.com Employer Reviews

Simple
General Laborer/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Hebron, KYOctober 28, 2014
Pros: time off
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work is tiring from the 10 hour days to lifting boxes all day every day with minimal breaks.
My co-workers were wonderful as a place like amazon has people from all walks of life and a huge age range, so there was never a shortage of people around.
The majority of the management i know are very rude, do not explain your job well, and – more... seem to be on a power trip, while i'm sure this is not true of all of them, that was for the most part my experience.
its nice that you come in and know what your doing every day there are only so many options on the other hand that gets very monotonous. – less
Great job. Fast paced. Great place to work.
Packer/Shipper Dock load/unloader (Former Employee), TNOctober 28, 2014
Pros: everything
Awesome job. Long enough breaks. Great people. Hard working security and staff.
Amazon Internship
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 28, 2014
Best Job Experience Ever!! Working in Amazon is like being a student. Everyday, you get to learn something new. Being one of the BIG4 internet companies, Amazon is working on a huge number of Projects. Name any technology and Amazon is definitely working on it! People can easily find teams working on their favorite technologies and ask for an internal – more... transfer. This is one of the few companies where internal transfer is highly encouraged. – less
Associate (Current Employee), Tracy, CAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: 22 minutes away from home
Cons: no challenging for my brain
It is very fast place fun place to work during peak season. I like the incentives you could win a new xbox and other cool stuff.
3rd shift
stower (Former Employee), Lexington, KYOctober 27, 2014
Pros: careing managment
Cons: inconveinent location
I would walk in to work every day with a positive attitude of a higher then expected rate and productivity management would always come by to let me know how well or bad I was doing an make sure everything was going well as far as daily tasks and rates many stowers are also required to display bin educate which is organization of bins used by the stower
Great Experience
Picker (Current Employee), INOctober 27, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: n/a
hard working, fast pace, great ienviroment with friendly people, working 10 hours a day picking multiple items for customers around the world.
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee), TexasOctober 26, 2014
The culture is relaxed and the people warm and friendly. The work week goes by fast with only having to work 4 out of 7 days.
Hard Work fast paced work environment. Can't be out of shape!
Material Handler (Current Employee), hazletonOctober 26, 2014
Pros: the houtly wage is good
Cons: the pain and the temporary status
So busy noone will take the time to show you anything because they are on rate too.
Give it a try. You may be surprised.
Packer (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 26, 2014
Pros: cheap food, easy work, competitive pay
Cons: management can be a bit lacking, little in the way of advancement.
If you're expecting a place to advance, I would look somewhere else. Amazon works you to the bone, with no care for your limits. In some cases people are put in positions where the was no training. It seems like the difference between the temp and the hired on is impossibly large. And, in a way it is. But, with all of that said. Amazon is a good place – more... to work. I did enjoy it, and that sentiment is shared by many. Amazon is either a place you like or don't. – less
productive and fun working place
Integrity staffing (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 26, 2014
I can say it's a nice working environment. spacious something that enjoyable when working in some warehouses this one I recommend to others
Diverse, very open for oppurtunity.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Hebron, KYOctober 25, 2014
Open for promotion. Co-workers are friendly and talkative. Management understands obstacles and helps to get you to your goals. There is a lot of jobs so you learn new qualities often. The bonuses are every month based on your attendance and quality.
Rewarding Place to Work!!
Laborer (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 25, 2014
This is only a part time position and I love it . We stretch our muscles before work and then we get to work. No Drama just work!!!!!!!
Enjoyed the position
picker/loader (Former Employee), Coffeyville, KSOctober 24, 2014
My husband and I enjoyed the few months and the experience we had with Amazon and the other employees. It was an adventure for us seniors!
learn lots of fun and exciting things, get to work on EVERYTHING!!
Facilities Tech I (Current Employee), coffeyville kansasOctober 24, 2014
Pros: great atmoshere, love the work and its reponsibilities enjoy learning my job.
Cons: they are closing this site down due to its age, will miss this place.
A typical day at work as a facilities technician at amazon.com includes answering calls thru-out the building, completing p.m.'s on various equipment. Providing detailed information regarding p.m.'s doing Trouble tickets when time permits creating work orders for all calls, trouble tickets, and for any significant down time needed repairs/replacements – more... on equipment that was discovered. logging 100% of your time on duty.
100% customer obsession, production is our immediate customers and when they call we respond quickly, trouble shoot the situation quickly and make a modification or repair on the fly (during production) while being able to keep our customers informed in a friendly energetic atmosphere.
We work hard, and work safely and responsibly. – less
Productive work place with friendly co-workers
Seasonal Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Huntington, WVOctober 24, 2014
I enjoy helping people and helping the company be productive
Exciting and very active workplace
Quality Control (Former Employee), Newcastle, DEOctober 24, 2014
A lot of work at Amazon very busy and a lot of different people you come in contact with
Very Productive and with alot of assentives.
Picker (Former Employee), Whitestown, IndianaOctober 23, 2014
Pros: listening to music while working
Cons: short breaks
Well working at amazon was rather fun. I learned a lot about the warehouse and all the jobs that it takes to get the product out to the customers. The team leads and managers were very helpful.
Great Place to work
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), New Castle, DEOctober 23, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: to congested to do your job in a fast pace enviroment
Very hard on your feet, and fast environment that is congested to complete your job, but great pay
Amazing at Amazon
Temp/ Customer Returns (Former Employee), Lexington, KYOctober 22, 2014
Working at Amazon.com is great! Going to work, working in a fun working environment, and meeting great people. Amazon.com is very proficient in training. If anyone struggles at learning the job there are people there to help. The people you work with are extremely nice. Management is extremely helpful and knowledgeable. If there were anything hard about – more... the job I would have to say it is keeping up with the rate required to do your job at. The rate is not impossible to keep up with though. The most enjoyable part is the opportunities available to you as a worker. – less
A very productuive place to work
Stowing (Former Employee), Chester, VAOctober 22, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of ten hours of stowing. While at Amazon, I learned how to stow and I also had got trained in the receive department. The management there was fair and I had great co-workers. I don't consider the job hard and the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work well with others.

1 2 3 4 5

About Amazon.com

Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to – Read more