Amazon.com
3,123 reviews

Amazon.com Employer Reviews

Great benefits
Inventory Problem Solver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Long hours, long standing on your feet, low morale, high turnover
Amazon is an okay place to work if you are between jobs; however it isn't a job to make a career from. It is too much micro managing. If they managers let leave you alone to do your work, then it may be ok. No morale in the facility. It will sometimes interfere with your family life because of the long hours of overtime. The benefits are great!
good pay and great enviornment
picker (Former Employee), DuPont, WAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: bonus
Cons: not that long of lunch break
long shift
What i have learned from working at Amazon is that it's a fast paced job and there's always help from managers when I have questions on anything.
Abilty to get crossed trained in all departments
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAMarch 27, 2015
Amazon is a great place for versatility, you have the chance to get trained in every department from pack, pick, shipping, I learned lots of things from packing to driving a forklift, I love my coworkers they are great and hard working.
Productive and fun place to work
waerhouse associate (Current Employee), Chester VAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: short breaks high turnover rate
I have enjoyed working at Amazon the past few years it has been a great work experience knowing how much of an important part of the business i have become
Productive work place with great management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 27, 2015
This is a very active job where you will be moving nonstop all day excluding breaks. Great place with friendly people. Managers are always willing and there to help. Jobs are easy to do here, just very active.
ABE 3 - Spanish Nightmare
Pick (Former Employee), BreinigsvilleMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Spanish
Spanish forced down your throat ALL day. A little taxing for those of us who speak English. . Horrible place to work. Place is a joke and amateur compared to other bigger amazon warehouses.
Employee satisfaction.
Virtual Customer Care (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 26, 2015
Great place to work, and great company to work for. This company really cares for their customer. Number one customer service satisfaction.
Great employees poor management
Pick (Former Employee), Tracy, CaMarch 26, 2015
A typical day was 10 hours of handling product in some form or another. Great coworkers poor management. A lot of moving around and lifting.
No backlash for terrible managers
Software Development Engineer (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Corporate culture is good, smarter people than the typical company
Cons: Direct managers are often incompetent but still trusted implicitly
Amazon has a fantastic set of core values that they adhere to better than most companies. Their consumer obsession has meant that they are growing at a geometric rate and that's really the problem. The front-line management is almost entirely made of developers who have no idea how to use basic management tools (Gantt charts, burndowns, etc...) and still fundamentally believe they are devs. That means when influences come from outside, the front-line management is unwilling to listen to them and blames any change in the team culture for their own failures. There seem to be no repercussion for this as there is a tacit assumption that understanding the corporate culture makes a person inherently right.

The successful projects are lead by the veteran managers (5+ years as managers) and senior engineers, the failures are led by the recent converts (<2 years as managers). The biggest lesson is that Amazon isn't somehow special, the same politics and petty infighting still happens. Your happiness will be determined by the project you are on and the direct manager you work for; no one and nothing will prevent the same kind of drudgery at any other company.
Great job
Onsite Medical Representative (Current Employee), Hebron, KYMarch 25, 2015
This is a great job with many benefits. I enjoyed helping make a safe work environment. This would be a good career for someone who is driven and loves helping others.
A typical warehouse job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Avenel,NJMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Free Coffee
Cons: Short Lunch
Amazon.com is a typical warehouse job where I learn how to drive the PIT and TDR. Management sucks the treat you like slaves and shorten your break. My co-workers is the reason why I stayed so long, the help me get through the struggle and pain. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the racism. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers.
A job where you can be yourself
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee), Middletown, DEMarch 25, 2015
Amazon allows everyone to come as they are without being a static culture. There are many types of people you encounter on a day to day and management take time to listen to employees there. There's boards all around the place where you can make suggestions and get responses from Human Resources instantly. There's a great amount of time without pay you can use whenever you have to. The hardest part is the 10-hr night shift. You are allowed 3 days off, however, on the days you work, there's not much time to tend to personal needs such as food and outside pursuits after waking up from the sleep you take upon getting home (if you do not have children or another job). So far, I enjoy my management whereas, I do see many others complain. The co-workers are supportive and you can find out anything pertaining to the job if you just ask. Everyone is willing to assist.
productive
Digital Specialist Lead (Former Employee), Kennewick, WAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: none at this time
- My position entailed improving and maintaining the performance of my associates
- Handled escalations for Associates dealing with unhappy customers and find creative ways to resolve the issues in the best way possible
- Helped maintain service levels managing associates call flow, voluntary time off of associates and regulating customers ticketed.
- Developed associates with improving their metrics as needed
- Led varies teams to help boost team morale and improve production.
- Analyzed current processes deeply and identified opportunities for strategic improvements
- Made a constructive change to the teams work environment directly and indirectly
Amazon lies to employees
Warehouse labor (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: O.K. pay and benefits
Cons: Amazon intentionally misleads employees, HIGH rate of employee turn over
After being hired on as a temp during the 2014 peak season (Christmas time and New Years) and keeping a flawless work record with no points against me, I finally was able to apply for the conversions process to become an Amazon employee during March of 2015. We had been told by HR that our jobs would most likely be kept as the same shift (days and shift schedule) as we currently had, all though we had a small chance that our shift days could change. Upon entering into the conversion process it became very clear that Amazon uses nepotism to allow existing Amazon employees to take your work shift from you if they desire a different shift and then you get stuck into whatever unwanted shift is left. In my case I went from a Mon-Fri day shift to being offered only the night shift from 6:30 pm til 5 a.m. Thurs - Mon. even after filling out all the shift preference forms and explaining that I was not available for that shift. I was told by HR that it was the "Finance" dept. which chooses where we are put, then told it was the "customers" who ultimately have input as to where we should be placed, then finally told by the head of HR that it was just "random" !!! Three different stories. I also received an e-mail with the new shift listed, then received a second e-mail a day or two later with a different shift offer which I signed and excepted only to show up on my orientation day to be told it didn't matter what I signed or excepted already because I was now assigned to the night shift.

Amazon DOES NOT care about honoring it's offers nor does it make any attempt at having a work life balance like they are so proud of advertising. In short, don't trust this company unless, like me, you are one of the many who have been out of work for a long time and are desperate for work.
Fun work environment
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee), Chester, VAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: The amount of benefits that are provided to associates
Cons: the breaks are so preciecely timed
I enjoyed working here. I really enjoyed my co-workers because it seemed that everyone including the management seemed to have a real passion to assist Amazon's customers. I really felt that the associates that I worked around had the same passion and drive to make the warehouse effective and also a fun place to work.
Easy
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Middletown, DEMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: n/a
Easy to meet your daily quota and get to move around constantly. Enjoyed being on the move in picking orders time always flies by.
face-paced work
Picker (Former Employee), whitestown, INMarch 24, 2015
I was able to push my self to the limits working at this job, trying to make rate. I am sure this job made me that much of a better worker. I learned a lot and the importance of working as a team.
Great place to learn new things, but no life work balance.
Ad Trafficker and Campaign Manager (Former Employee), seattle, waMarch 24, 2015
I worked for Amazon as a contractor and I wouldn't recommend working there as a full time employee because you will not have a life. It is great to be a contractor because you can leave work at work whereas if you are FTE you are working 80 hours a week, no joke.
Good place to work at
Outbound Associate (Former Employee), Hazleton, PAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: job security
Enjoyed the people, work load was balanced and management cared about the individual as well as the bottom line. They also promote from with in which you don't see anymore
Great Company
National Sales and Business Development Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 23, 2015
Amazon is a great company to work for - the people are great and the opportunity to grow and share ideas are endless.

The environment is comfortable and fun and management assists with overall development and support of career goals.

1 2 3 4 5

About Amazon.com

Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to – Read more

Amazon.com Salaries