Amazon.com
3,670 reviews

Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Associate/Ambassador (Former Employee), Hebron, KYJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Good feedback
Cons: N/A
Amazon.com gave me the opportunity to lunch my career in the United Sates and I am grateful. The Manager I worked with were wonderful especially Naomi .
Management, workforce, and company having no clue what's going on
Amazon Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Compensation and consistent schedule
Cons: Short breakes, Lack of direction and growth, way too much politics
Everyday started with a meeting in which the same thing you heard on the first day is repeated every day you work that week, but none of the actual changes were discussed. You weren't treated as an actual person, you were a number that had other numbers tied to. All red tape and politics, with a very visible glass ceiling for all hourly employees.
Fun and productive, but...
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Kennewick, WAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Safe work environment, good pay, good hours, good benefits
Cons: poor performance management, poor communication
Amazon is a good place to work. I really enjoyed working with my peers and had some good managers. Although, a lot depends on who your manager is and Amazon's performance management system. Also, the higher up you go in the company, the harder it is to stay in managers good graces. There's a lot bureaucracy, so you might get a bad rating due to managers being pressured. Once I started getting bad ratings, it was all I could do to get above it. And when I did, the stigma still followed me like a dark cloud. After 5 plus years, I felt like they didn't want to pay the high wage for my position anymore. Maybe I stayed in the same position for too long. There was talk of the position changing from management and other folks that had been there a while were also let go before me. Amazon said I was let go for poor performance. Specifically, it was related to 20% of my position. If you're thinking of Amazon, be careful. Their performance reviews are really subjective, especially at call centers. I would not recommend staying in a call center leadership position for more than 2-3 years.
Decent place to work and great benefits
Customer Care (Former Employee), Cordele, GAJuly 27, 2015
I worked remotely from home, which is great for someone who likes to be confined to a chair continuously taking phone calls
fun workplace
Packer (Former Employee), chester, VAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: breaks
Cons: long hours, night shift
i learned how the amazon warehouse and shipping works. the management was good, they made sure that we weren't getting bored with the job task by being joyful and outgoing. My co-workers were very diverse and i got a long with everyone. The hardest part about the job was working night shift and the most enjoyable part was the people i was working with.
Hard Work
Receiver/Stocker (Current Employee), Plainfield, INJuly 26, 2015
Pros: great insurance
Cons: short breaks
Management doesn't communicate with each other. Some of the people are fun to work with, gets your through the day. The hardest part is knowing that your just a number to the company. The let you know that you can be replaced, only problem is they seem to keep the slackers and the good ones seem to get sick of it and leave. Amcare and HR is a joke.
WORK HERE ONLY IF ABSOLUTELY NCESSARY
Production Line Worker (Former Employee), BUCKEYE,AZJuly 26, 2015
Pros: TH EMPLOYEES
Cons: STNDING, RUSHING, SHORTBREAKS
YOU WILL BE ON YOUR FEET YOUR WHOLE SHIFT. YOU WILL RUSH TO BREAKS AND LUNCH MORE LIKE RUN BECAUSE THE BUILDING IS BIG AND YOU HAVE TO NAVIGATE THROH SECURITY AND THEN IF YOUR LUCKY YOU'LL HAVE ABOUT FIVE MINUTES .

YOU MA NOT LEAN OR SIT OR EAY ANYTHING ON THE FLOOR.
YOU MUST BE VERY FAST AT WHAT YOU DO.

THERE IS NO ENJOYABLE PART OF THIS JOB
Great place to work!
Ship Dock Process Assistant (Former Employee), Chester, VAJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, Air conditioned warehouse
Cons: they had a limit on overtime that they strictly adhered to.
A great place to work. Fast pace on the shipping dock. I was responsible to get trucks loaded, sealed and ready for departure at the required time. Management was great. they knew I was expierenced to perform their positions from the position I had retired at VDOT. co-workers were hard working in order to get the trucks loaded on time which was also the hardest part of the job. We worked to meet the metrics of one thousand parcels per hour if I remember correctly. automated lines separated parcels but they had to be hand loaded into various shipping company trailers.There was opportunity to advance and I'm told the people I worked with have advanced to higher positions. rules and regs were as expected, safety inspections nightly. docking proceedures had to be followed.
"walkies" had to be pre-use inspected and forms up to date.
Productive and fun place to work great benifits as well
Picker (Current Employee), Haslet, TXJuly 23, 2015
I love working at Amazon a really good company to work for. This company acknowledge whoever done service in the military in all fields very good.
Work life.
picker/packer (Former Employee), New Castle, DEJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Never a dull moment, always moving around.
Cons: seasonal position
Amazon also known as Gym amazon. Never standing still always moving and keeping occupied. Delighting people around the world with products they love.
Used to be amazing but has fallen off due to management
TOPS Engineer (Current Employee), HerndonJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Great peers, fast pace environment
Cons: 16+ hour days with no days off, horrible management, HR complaints from 15+ people and nothing was done to remove the management causing issues.
The first couple of years working for Amazon were great. The people I worked along side with and my management were the best I could ever ask for. Due to hiring unqualified management everything went down hill quickly. 30% of the staff left the company entirely due to the drama that upper management caused. After a year the culture changed completely into a hostile work environment. The turn around time for a new hire was a max of 6 month. I would not recommend my department to anyone looking for a job.
very hot environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Plainfield, INJuly 23, 2015
Pros: excellent pay and benifits
Cons: extreme heat
great benifits extremly hot environment management seemed to care less about employees work hours very complicated for single mother
Productive workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Middletown, DEJuly 23, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Amazon is a great place to work. on some lunch breaks they give out free pretzels and chic-fil-a comes to the job on some days. everyone works together. they have a strict safety policy so I never worried about getting injured. co-workers and managers want to see you succeed. overall a decent place to work with reasonable amount of pay.
Bad workplace with good coworkers
Order Picker (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: good pay, good coworkers
Cons: short breaks, difficult hours, dusty environment
Atypical day at work was very busy. At a constant rapid pace, you needed to pick up an order paper and get a cart, follow your scanner to the desired aisle in the warehouse and get the product. After retrieving the items on the sheet, you take your full cart and return it to the drop zone. After you drop it off, you get an empty cart and start all over. I learned how to better manage my time to keep up with my rate. For the most part, management was nice. They listened if you had any problems or suggestions, and tried their best to help. There were so many coworkers in the warehouse with me. I didn't get to meet most of them, but the few friends I made were very great and helpful. The hardest part of the job was being on my feet all day long. You are constantly moving all over the warehouse, wherever the scanner told you to go. The warehouse was very dusty and dirty as well. A lot of coughing at times but the cleaning crew tried to keep up with it. The most enjoyable part was having three days off in a row and making good money so I could do fun things on those days.
Great Place to Work
Associate Vendor Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 22, 2015
Great place to work for people in search of a long term career. Encouraged to move around within the organization, and highly supported; although an intense work atmosphere.
Great learning environment.
Warehouse process assistant (Current Employee), Jeffersonville, INJuly 22, 2015
Amazon has taught me how to think outside the box, manage multiple employees, and has greatly improved my collaboration ability.
Strategic Leaders
Content Acquisition Manager, Sales and Marketing (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 22, 2015
The typical day included meetings with my team and my peers team to review project updates and proposals for new initiatives. Among the many teachings, I learned how to develop a financial model for forecasting and to write a clear and concise six page proposal for a business plan,

The hardest part of this job was that strategic planning, reviewing and revising required resources that pushed back execution.

My co-workers were some of the smartest people I've worked with and I really enjoyed meetings where we used whiteboards to understand a root cause and work together to find a solution.
Review of being in HR at Amazon:
Human Resources Assistant I (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 21, 2015
Overall, I enjoyed my time there and would recommend it to someone wanting to pursue a career in human resources.

I think it is important to ramp up quickly and work very efficiently.
Decent company to work for
Staff Management (Former Employee), Coffeyville, KSJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Good pay, good hours, warm in the winter, plenty of excersize
Cons: The bossy security guards that treat you like a criminal, Staff management
I worked for the Coffeyville Ks location. ( Now Closed ). The work is easy and the hours are ok depending on what shift you get on. If you are lucky enough to be selected to become a full time Amazon employee the job is awesome. However to get to that point you have to endure Staff Managments bull
Back Breaking Type of Work
Seasonal Fulfilment Associate (Current Employee), Chelsea/Everett, MAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Laid back. No dress code. Location provides work to residents of minority neighborhoods.
Cons: Hard work. You will get a workout, like it or not. Low pay, high turnover.
Hard work. Staff are helpful. Management not so much. Several quick meetings per day. 30 minutes lunch breaks means 30 minutes...not 31. Very fast paced environment. No time to fool around.

1 2 3 4 5

About Amazon.com

Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to – Read more

Amazon.com Salaries