Amazon.com

Amazon.com Employer Reviews

Extremely stress oriented
Warehouse associate (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: 3 days off every week
Cons: everything else
For starters, it's a 10 to 11 hour workday depending on the situation. The managers they hire are 23 year old kids directly out of college, that those of us who have been there are forced to train. They do not promote from within unless they can't find anybody quick enough. Each workday is planned down to the last second to get orders out in time, leaving no room for mechanical or human error. None of the various departments talk to each other so each has their own way of doing things and that ALWAYS interferes with each departments daily routine. Co workers are usually in a terrible mood because everyone is watched very closely and intimidated with write ups so everyone is in a mad rush to keep up with rate plans, which causes various safety incidents throughout each building. Also after 3 years of service there are no more raises so each employee loses incentive to really care about anything more than what they are made to do each day.
Because I was a temp they did not honor my medical no work order.
Stower (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAFebruary 27, 2015
I learned that the work though a bit boring at times was mostly fun. My immediate managers were always helping. The person in charge of medical fired me when the person learned that I had a no work order from my doctor. Apparently if I couldn't work and I was a temp I had to be let go.
Fun place to work
Outbound Worker (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: bonuses, benefits
Cons: short breaks, long hours, unpredictable hours.
A typical day consisted of a lot of work to do, fast paced, friendly environment and great benefits. I have learned that Amazon is a tough place to advance in but if you can advance then it's worthwhile.
It was a different scene with lots of new cultures
Warehouse associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis,INFebruary 27, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of 10 hours. The work environment was very fast paced and we had to work at a certain rate to get the job done. I learned to work with people of different ethnics. The managament was very good. My coworkers were fun and helpful. The hardest part of the job was working in such a big facilty. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people
Well organized...
FULFILLMENT ASSOCIATE/PICKER (Current Employee), Lexington, SCFebruary 27, 2015
I found it to have been somewhat the enlightening experience. What stood out to me was the actual use of a water machine not a water-cooler. It really did say something about the awareness of the management and their reach to accommodate the employee. It overall was a fascinating operation of retail in its system to have been handling mail-order as I can recall that it was expressed that mail-order was very big in terms of living in America through Warner Bros. cartoon characters Bugs Bunny and Wild E. Coyote. I believe the word amalgamation is the correct term as many people did not live in the big city yet and disagreed with traveling more than twenty miles to get to a department store. So, I have to believe that Amazon is taking quite a challenge with continuing such service. My hats off to them, they have the gung ho to do it.
Maintenance technician (Former Employee), Robbinsville, NJFebruary 27, 2015
I enjoyed everyday at amazon the only downfall i saw at this corporation is the amount of cynical attitudes in the workplace there is alot of negativity there between coworkers.
The fast pace really makes the day go fast, and gives me a great feeling of accomplishment.
Trailer dock /release, material handler (Current Employee), WIFebruary 27, 2015
Work hard, have fun, be safe, It is a nice place to work with great management and co-workers, The hardest part of the job is the fast pace and large volume of packages coming down the line, it is a exciting challenge that I look forward to everyday. I have learned that a steady pace and patience helps get through it everyday.
Very good starter career.
Customer Returns Processor (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: good benefits, reasonable schedule
Cons: micro-management, too many managers in and out.
I have worked in almost every department at this company and it is a good job with good benefits. It is fast-paced and hard work. The shifts are 10 hours which is a little long but you have 3 days a week off except during very busy times when you can expect to work 50-60 hours a week. This company does lack in organization and changes the rules frequently and managers rotate in and out before you get to know them. I would recommend it if you want something for 5 years or less but not a career unless you are one of the lucky few that move into management roles.
productive and i lost weight.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: makes you fit in a high pace enviroment.
Cons: distance and they wanted to work you 12hrs for almost 7 days a week.
amazon was a good job.
It was like working at e gym.
the people there were ok.
I got along great with the employees there
The job was physical but,the pay was good.
Amazon Area Manager
Inbound Area Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 26, 2015
A lot is expected of the Area Manager. Be expected to walk into the facility on day one and manage 300+ associates. This can be overwhelming for most, but come in mentally prepared.
fast paced environment
ICQA Quality Control (Former Employee), Hebron, KYFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: benifits
Cons: no recognition
Report to meeting at start of shift for any updates on production and warm up stretches. Then check assignment board to see which area and assignment was assigned for the day including pit operating. Inspect and track any quality errors found.
N/a
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee), DuPont, WAFebruary 26, 2015
I Learned How To Load And Unload A Truck . Fulfill A Shipment , Pack A Box Properly . I Learned That With Team Work You Can Reach All Goals.
Productive and every moment changing chats
CSA (Former Employee), Winchester, KYFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: bonuses and incentives to work harder
Cons: help screens can be hard to find and team leaders slow to respond
A typical day work for amazon consisted of, handling phone calls from happy to out raged angry customers, Help keep customers and making others smile, My most favorite part of the day is handling the angry customers, because they help make a good impact on customer relations when they leave happy.
Fast Paced environement
Picker (Former Employee), LexingtonFebruary 25, 2015
I would fill several baskets with online orders for shipping. I learned better time management because I had to go all over the warehouse to fill the orders and managing my time was very important. I got along with all my co workers and they were helpful when I needed help. The hardest part was getting used to the warehouse and how to find everything but once I learned it I had no problems.
A great place to work.
Packer/Slam (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: stock
Cons: short breaks
I enjoyed everyone I worked with. This was an experience I had never crossed and was very educational. I learned how to deal with deadlines, stressful situations, and being able to master jobs I thought I would not be able to do. I showed myself and others that you can do anything no matter what age you are. The hardest part of this job was learning how to stand and work for 10 hours a day. What was great about the place were all the friends I made for life and a trade I am proud to say I was able to accomplish and fulfill my daily routine.
Becoming Amazon Associate (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: 10 hour work shifts hard to reach hr
This is a great company to work for with great benefits. People are friendly and the company listens to the employees. The hours can be long, but the over all outlook at the company is fast pace and friendly.
You are always busy and on your feet ,never a dull moment
Picker/Packer/Loader (Current Employee), Chester, VAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: you get to see and handle the the product that you order on the internet
Cons: everything is a learning process, it takes a while to get up to amazon speed
You are always busy and on your feet ,you can never say that you do not have anything to do.never a dull moment,and a lot of incentives
It was a warehouse job with good pay, but poor work environment.
Associate (Current Employee), Hebron, KYFebruary 23, 2015
I liked being able to learn new processes, but the physical labor and poor management is pushing me away. I enjoy the people, but I don't prefer the company policies.
Good atmosphere
Software QA Tester (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 23, 2015
⦁ Provided report status of assigned project, including daily updates, bugs, scheduling and overall quality assessment
⦁ Efficiently fulfilled fast-paced, high-level demand of builds, installer, detect tracking and fixing using MS SQL Server 2000 database
⦁ Performed manual black box testing from Beta, Pilot, RC to the final release
Great place to work for
Shift Lead (Former Employee), Lafayette, INFebruary 23, 2015
Loved working for Amazon. Everyone is so friendly and fun. Always went into work happy and left happy. Great company to work for.

1 2 3 4 5

About Amazon.com

Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to – Read more