Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Found 8,607 reviews matching the search
Working for Amazon
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJanuary 20, 2017
Working for amazon was an ok experience. I worked for them as a Temp and I must say that i enjoyed it. It has it perks, I was able to be certified on Forklift.. but i wish they would would treat their temp associates better.
Pros
Getting certified to work PIT equipment. ie. Forklifts and Clamps.
Cons
No benefits what so ever.
really productive and good culture
Picker (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 20, 2017
I learned how hard and fast you really have to work for warehouses especially for amazon because a lot people order from them.
Amazing place to work.
Inbound Department Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kent, WA 98032January 20, 2017
I walk nearly 5 miles a day working with many people. I learned how to multicast effectively. I've helped manage people when the area manager wasn't present. A large variety of culture that is supported and cherished by all. The most difficult part of the job was long overtime overs. The most enjoyable is the people I work with,
Pros
Amazing people, employees well taken care of
Cons
Lower than desired management
Productive and fun workplace
Fullfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  East Point, GAJanuary 20, 2017
A typical day at work usually starts out with a briefing of the days production volume, then we exercise and stretch out. Workplace culture is work hard, have fun and make history. Management is great with making themselves available at all times and will listen to your concerns. What I learned is if you work hard you will be rewarded and the hardest part of the job is when other people don't pull there weight. But, overall it's the BEST company I have been apart of in the past decade. GREAT COMPANY!!!!
review Summary
packed and shipout items for delivey (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 20, 2017
working for the company was good but the company only I only worked for the company for Christmas. But I worked until I got the job done
Pros
fast, and a good company
job
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJanuary 20, 2017
I did not like working for them they were a new facility and they did not know what they were doing. I would go back if I knew that they had worked out all of the kinks in the system
Good Pay with possible room for advancement
Seasonal Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 20, 2017
Amazon is good place to work.If you plan on being there for a while to become one of the big bosses & want to move up in the company, then get ready to travel.
Every quarter you get 30 Hours UPT (unpaid time off). Don't feel like going to work? Use your UPT for the day, but remember you only get 30 hours every quarter. One part time work day is 4 hours.
Pros
UPT hours
Cons
Working in the sortation center, a lot of the time there is no work and you will get sent home.
Very productive workplace
Picker (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 20, 2017
Having to walk all around and up and down stairs to find a certain shelf with certain items. The day goes by really fast because you never stop moving
Pros
Long lunchs
Cons
Long work days
Very family and life orientated
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTJanuary 20, 2017
I have no negatvie things to say about this place. They do worry about family time to well just you being able to have a life out side of its walls.

There is room for advancement, I have learned a little bit more about working with computers then i have in the past.
fun fast and productive
Picker (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 20, 2017
I think amazon is a great place to work if u like a fast paced job there is a lot of walking involved in picking the warehouse is huge
Pros
nice people fun place
Cons
walking up to 17 miles a night
Fast paced environment
Picker (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJanuary 20, 2017
Multicultural environment requiring walking 10+ miles and ensuring attention to detail, accuracy, effectiveness, inspections and situational awareness.
Pros
Free gifts for those who excel
Cons
Short breaks, walking over 10 miles a night
Good place to start your career
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 20, 2017
It is a great company with great leadership principles.
The culture is self-learning, that you have to learn everything initiatively. Good news is that Amazon has pretty mature company structure, work process, systems and tools.
Pros
Good culture, good people
Cons
top management team is too risk aversive
Not the best place for a dreamer
Tech Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 20, 2017
Great place to work in, Not enough opportunity for advancement hence employees with big dreams are always looking to move. the pay is not enough for the work
Management is inconsistent, HR is unqualified and lazy, and advancement seems impossible unless you know someone
Picker/Packer/Slave Outbound (Former Employee) –  Eastvale, CAJanuary 20, 2017
There are just as many pros as there are cons so it's hard to rate.

Pros: This is by far the cleanest and most organized warehouse I've ever worked at with controlled temperature so it's never really hot or cold.

Benefit: As a picker/packer I am hired on with offered health benefits and stock benefits at $13.25 hourly, a VCP monthly bonus for hitting rates, and hard work will be acknowledged through this bonus.

Associates: The other workers there are great. It's a positive energy with other associates and I've made a lot of friends there!

Work/School Balance: They do allow school accommodations as long as you've worked there a while, you have proof of your schedule, and you are able to give them 30+ hours.

CONS: I receive 13.25 is because my shift absolutely sucks, so they are paying you to take the shift nobody wants. It's Friday-Monday 6pm-2:30am or 6pm-4:30am if there is mandatory overtime. You get less if you want to work a day schedule or weekdays so the hourly pay is bitter-sweet as I never get to go out.

HR doesn't seem to know what they're doing and they always look so irritated and bothered when we ask questions they NEVER have the answers to. I have reported pain and injury in my lower back and knees due to repetitive activities to my supervisor, manager, and the HR team to no avail. Their answer is: "Are you stretching?"
Amazon's HR team at their finest.

Also, if they know you can hit their minimum rate (for both pick/pack), they expect a lot more from you, and will write you up if you don't go passed the minimum.

Example: My friend who
  more... always does 100-120 boxes hourly received a write-up the one day she went below because her wrist was killing her. My other friend who barely hits 70 boxes hourly, hit 77 on that same day and got a pat on the back and a coupon for a Snickers bar.
Management is inconsistent, HR is lazy and unwelcoming, and advancement seems impossible unless you know someone.

Again, there are many pros as there are cons but I do recommend getting the experience for yourself.
Pros
Monthly bonuses, vacation hours, paid time off hours
Cons
mandatory overtime, short breaks, won't ever know your manager
Overwhelming
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 20, 2017
Some very great people here. There can however be issues with some of the superiors and micromanagement. Consequently this can cause stress and an agile environment. Due to the sheer scale of the company networking opportunities are vast, yet can be difficult to develop due to that very thing: the vastnes.
Pros
a lot of different people
Cons
over zealous employees/discriminatory behaviors
Great Managment and work atmosphere, terrible customers and work hours.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COJanuary 20, 2017
I personally loved working at Amazon as a CSA. My Manager was amazing and super understanding, and all of my coworkers were great. I did really well in the actual work of the job, it's easy as long as you don't get choked up on the phone. The hours were odd so I never actually got to leave my house and see people, and the customers were rude. They tend to get very cranky after the menu, also a lot are technilogically impaired. I had to quit only to take care of family and my hours didn't allow that.
Pros
Great Managment, chance for promotion, great coworkers, and easy to use software.
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, weird hours, and rude customers.
Started the project for the company and it's amazing.
Amazon Customer Review Analyzer (ACRA) Project (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIJanuary 20, 2017
The company has great ideas for the projects and technologies to be used. It's amazing working on a project with Amazon.
outbound department
Inbound dept (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 19, 2017
Management all college graduates young and clueless to what their doing. Hr dept are friends with management so you cant talk to them either.AM write you up and you don"t even know you have a write up until its almost a final then your fired.The pay is good but taps out after 1.50 in 3 years ,This job is for young kids not a career also they VTO so you can leave because of no work on the lines.Amazon will always have a high turnover but if you can stand on your feet for 10 hours the work is easy.Also your held accountable for quality mistakes on day 1 so you usually have a write up the 2nd week because of the mistakes you made doing learning the job.
Pros
Good pay and unpaid time and benefits
Cons
some management unprofessional and write ups your first week
Fun place to work with hard workers
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJanuary 19, 2017
At amazon we were split into groups during parts of the year. While there i learned about teamwork and leadership. Being able to coach others to make them a stronger associate while working and making the numbers i needed to make my job successful. The best part of the day was when I was able to make others successful in the positions they were in. The hardest part of the day would have to be not being able to help other associates that I couldn't focus on to help.
Pros
Free gatorade
Cons
When they took the gatorade away
its very good work i like and enjoy
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAJanuary 19, 2017
i learning very fast everything i like everbody they teach me very nicely. its lot a fun place enjoy my job i learn lot stuff new things to do ,management so good appericiate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.