Amazon.com Employee Reviews in United States

Found 7,056 reviews matching the search
Productive work place
Package handler (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYAugust 31, 2016
A typical day at amazon started with a team meeting about goal we have to reach to make quota for the day. Then employees are sent out to their respective stations. Somthing I leanered from working at amazon was how to manage more than one project at once effectivly. My co-wokres were all plesant to work with, the hardest part of the job was keeping a regular sleep schedule. The most enjoyable part of this job was playing pingpong with co-workers.
Pros
steady pay
Cons
work life balance
Fast paced and demanding.
Outbound Dock Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 31, 2016
Expect to walk around ten miles a day. You learn how to manage time and be productive in and out of work. The management could be difficult to cooperate with but they do try to communicate with you. Coworkers are mostly easy going but also push you to do your best. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep that high standard rate and follow some safety precautions. Overall you will enjoy meeting all the new people and especially getting two breaks plus a lunch throughout the day.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Sales Development Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 30, 2016
The company will take care of its employees and it's fostered a very positive work culture, perhaps the best I've been part of.
Warehouse job
Picker (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAAugust 30, 2016
Physically it can be demanding but its manageable. They pay you well. MY specific department was very fast paced others departments are not so it can feel unfair working there.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
walking for 10 hours can be exhausting, short breaks
Good pay
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 30, 2016
I'm just in it for the pay. Its decent. Fast paced, but definitely worth it if you like moving a lot at work. Heavy lifting at times sucks. Work usually fly's buy if your working to.
Great Knowing that you are helping customers online everyday
Stow and Receiver (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAAugust 30, 2016
Amazon is a pretty easy job everyday,i scan the products with a hand held scanner and place it into a shelf location so that the product can be ordered by our customers. I learned to be problem oriented in the process. The managers are very understanding most of the time, and its a lot of employees that work at amazon so there's always someone to conversation with on breaks. i would say the hardest part about amazon is working the night shift, its easy to get tired,but after while the tiredness will pass, AND THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART is the activities and the accuracy of your work.
The most enjoyable part of the job
rebiner (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, MDAugust 30, 2016
is knowing at any moment that you feel like you cant go on someone always had your back and best intrest a job that you thought you couldn't do somone was always there...I loved the fact that they made me grow in to liking the job I was assign to it was always an exciment to go to work and strive for the best becoming much more then when you start that was my enjoyable moment when I was able to move up from what I was when I started as long as you push you will succeed.
Pros
the time that was giving for emergencys came in handy
Cons
short breaks
Great seasonal job with chance to become full time
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCAugust 30, 2016
during the peak season ( Oct- Jan) it is very intense. work overload. there are a lot of hours to work during this time. a lot of standing and lifting.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
no cell phones in the building
Great Place to work
Amazon Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIAugust 30, 2016
Working at Amazon you meet a wide range of people, it is a fun productive place of employment. The Benefits are great and the management is very helpful. The hardest part of the job is getting use to standing for long periods of time, and getting use to the fast pace.
Benefits
great team to work for
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2016
productive and fun workplace learned how to properly load trucks and delivering of packages management was nice and professional hardest part was the loading of company truck and most enjoyable was making sure customers received the item they have been waiting for.
Pros
great people
great environment
Fulfilment Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 30, 2016
Amazon cares about the employees
they always find new and innovative way to make us give the extra mile on the work that we do because they go the extra mile for us

days go by really quick because there is always for and doesn't give you the chance to even look at the clock

one of the hardest part for me was to get adjusted to night shift
Pros
a lol of raffles and always rewarding the employees
Cons
night shift are hard to get used to it
Productive workplace, friendly people.
Amazon Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Ruskin, FLAugust 29, 2016
Come in, do your morning stretches, get to work. Wait until lunch and then do your after lunch stretches. Wait until you get to clock out, Come in again the next day, rinse and repeat.
Pros
Excellent pay, good break rooms, 4 day work week.
Cons
Long hours, no chairs
Productive Workplace but poor leadership
Warehouse Associate/TV Grader (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAAugust 29, 2016
A day of an Amazon associate is frustrating due to the fact that management can really make some poor decisions. its fast paced and most ppl are cool.
Pros
free lunches, a lot of perks
Cons
management
Terrible
Shipping/Inventory/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, CAAugust 29, 2016
They were mean and used their power to hurt people instead of be there for the employees. This was a very hard job to sit and watch the way Human resource department was ran.
loader and unloader
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  atlanta gaAugust 29, 2016
A typical day at work is busy and fun at the same time. But you have to be a fast pace worker in order to get the job done in the right amount of time.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
very busy place
not for me
ICQA Associate (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAAugust 29, 2016
long hours, management not good, human resources unsure of own policies, poor equipment, no support from managers, dangerous parking area, lack of security
extremely efficient and productive work place.
Floor associate (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 29, 2016
It is a great place to learn and grow within management and to learn new functions and progress everyday. Although it can be difficult to get used to the environment if you've never worked in a warehouse before.
I found amazon mind numbingly dull
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Middletown, DEAugust 29, 2016
I was a picker so the day consisted of walking, bending, and sorting through incredibly messy and stuffed bins. From my experience as a picker you are just a number of how many items can be moved from that facility in 10 hours. Meaning regardless of the quality of your work the management only truly cares that you were able to move 1000 items or roughly that amount in your shift. This gives no incentive to actually make sure bins are efficient enough for quick time. Alot of synergy is required to work at a place like this, and I found that 3/4 people could not care less about that at all. The hardest part of the job was staying motivated enough to keep moving around the 8 hour mark of being there preforming the same tasks endlessly. I found that amazon dangles what are to be seen as benefits in front of you, to then, turn around and give you no time to use the benefits and working conditions are so bad they dont intend for you to stay long enough for your 401 k. Again this is for warehouse working not for the office jobs.
Cons
short breaks, short unpaid lunch for 30 min
Hardworking, fun environment
Problem Solver (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 29, 2016
I worked at Amazon for 4 months during the Holiday season. It was a tough work day, in which, I trained and led new employees on the ins and outs of storehouse routines. I also helped solve day to day problems that arose in the store house.
out of buisness
Picker (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 29, 2016
great place friendly environment. not a real big work load. normally in by yourself. the place went out of business do to robberies and stealing from employees