Amazon.com Employee Reviews in United States

Found 6,546 reviews matching the search
Work hard, Have fun and making history
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJune 26, 2016
I work mostly in receiving and decant/bulk receiving into the building. Sometime stowing those items as well. Best times of the day is working with the best co-workers ever. They was the best for they have fun but on a professional level.
Very good
Warehouse Part time worker (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 26, 2016
Working in Amazon is a real challenge, the environment is very good, mates are very friendly, but you need to be standing through 8 to 12 hours is a row and it's no too easy sometimes.
Very fun and active environment
Stower (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJune 25, 2016
You come in, get pumped for the day as a worker. Management was pretty well on time, and switched people from place to place as the day went on.
It's all about the numbers
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  DuPont, WAJune 25, 2016
The Amazon motto is work hard, have fun, and make history and it is false. All they care about is the work hard part. The have fun goes out the window as well as their idea of fun is similar to the Army's mandatory fun days. The moment you try to have fun at work to keep things from being too serious, they get on your case and tell you to stop talking and get back to work. All they care about is rates and currently giving 100% isn't good enough for them. They want you to give them 120% or better everyday but that starts to take its toll when you have to work 10 hour days doing the same thing everyday because they don't know how to rotate your tasks for the week.
Great job
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  RemoteJune 25, 2016
I love working for amazon the atmosphere and team spirit is intoxicating I couldn't imagine a better job. amazon is a great company to work for.
Great place to work for!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  otherJune 25, 2016
Lots of positive energy and encouragement for the work we do. Hard working employees are highly appreciated and compensated for the work and high chances of promotions.
Pros
Free lunch, transportation, PTO
Cons
Long work hours during holiday season
Terrible company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJune 25, 2016
I worked at Amazon for 5 years it is a terrible company to work for. They only care about numbers and that is it. I would never recommend to anyone to work there. The benefits are the only good thing there.
Productive, fun work environment.
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJune 25, 2016
The positions offered were quite reasonable and easily learned. The expected work rate varied from task to task. Management was always attentive, present, and paid close attention to employee work methods, and relations. The atmosphere was sociable and productive when work moved smoothly and employees were kept busy.
The most difficult part of the job came with the long hours and sometimes unpredictable work load. A typical day at work was actually quite enjoyable. When productivity was up your mind starts to work faster and moves with time, minimizing stress.

The most valuable skill I learned while at Amazon Fulfillment was adaptation and diversity. The average day would consist of probably 2 job transitions depending on the staff present. I enjoyed always doing different tasks and learning of new ways to work and be productive.
Pros
Great staff moral, plentiful breaks, easy workflow
Cons
Favoritism, (some) unreasonable management, Schedule shift complication and time mishaps
hard working
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAJune 25, 2016
a typical day at work consist of unloading trucks in fair conditions
ive learned how to build team work within my co-workers and I
the hardest part of the job its really not hard just takes alot of effort
benefits
Cons
short breaks
great flexablity
Delivery Person (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 25, 2016
better benefits needed, great flexibility,great environment,not enough consistency,need better pay for those who started out as contractors using their own car to cover for gas expense,overall a good decent company
All they care about are numbers.
FC Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAJune 25, 2016
If it wasn't for them hiring poor management with little to no experience in the field and I just don't mean warehouses, I mean never had a job before type experience. It might actually be a good place to work.
Pros
you have a job.
Cons
Poor management, you're just a number.
Ever Changing Alice In Wonderland Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2016
Pros - Work with some incredibly smart people with cutting edge technology in state of the art buildings.

Cons - Ambiguous goals, revolving door of staff continually changing tools with little or no training program.
Great experience
Fullfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJune 24, 2016
Excellent experience, greats co-workers, I learned management people and work with public. The most enjoyable part of the job was help people to get what they need, customers come first.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
A great paying, but time consuming job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJune 24, 2016
I worked for these guys seasonal, and boy was it both fun and tiring at the same time! During my short time there, I got to meet loads of different people who were for the most part, very nice and helpful when you needed it.

Shifts were pretty long, 12+ hours which made you think should I continue working here, but then you get your checks weekly, and it made you feel otherwise. My shifts always had daily drawings for gifts card {to which I won 2 of them}, computers, and even fat screens!

Sometimes, managers would send us home early or tell us to go home because there was no work, but for showing up, we would get paid for that shift.

If you're looking to meet people from all over the world and have most of your time consumed by this job but with good pay, then this is the job for you.
Pros
Long breaks, daily drawings, great pay
Cons
Time consuming shifts
Amazon is hard work with great people.
FC Associate (Former Employee) –  Middletown, DEJune 24, 2016
Amazon is not for the faint of heart but it is a good company to work for if you can physically keep up with the demands of the job and the length of the the days. The benefits are really good and the comany does offer really good additional perks. What helps you really push through the shifts are the people you work with. It is worth the experience to work there.
Pros
perks, bonuses, benefits, co workers
Cons
hard work, long hours, physically draining
Well
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 23, 2016
Some people genuinely enjoyed working there. It is a culture where learning and ownership is highly encouraged, but emotions and personal connections are restrained.
A place to learn a tone, but
Software Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 23, 2016
lots of randomization and context switches for both Individual Contributors and Managers.

Lots of opportunities to be expose to AWS and other latest technologies Amazon builds.

Work with lots of smart people.
great place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJune 23, 2016
you work hard , have fun and make history
the management team is super
i learned how to work and co exist with people from different backgrounds
Laid back and cool place to work
Stowing Associate (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAJune 23, 2016
I love the fact we get to compete for prizes such as best work performance throughout the day. The free pizza appreciation days are cool also
Benefits
Cons
The Breaks
n/a
Investigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 23, 2016
I would rather not review this company. Thank you for understanding and respecting my decision at this time. have a great day!.