Amazon.com

4.6K reviews

Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Found 3,585 reviews matching the search
fast-paced environment that challenged you
Business Recruiter (contract) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 5, 2016
Everyone at Amazon is very smart and the environment challenges you to be the best employee you can be. There is a lot going on and sometimes no formal training. You need to be able to feel comfortable in asking for help from different people so that you can do better. You never know what you don't know until you ask. People trust you to do your job so you can run with different ideas as long as you do well.
Busy place to work for.
CSR II (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2016
The most enjoyable part was solving the customers issue on their account. A typical day at work was very busy especially during holidays. I learned Amazon has just about everything you need.
Pros
busy
Fun place to work good benefits
VCC Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2016
Amazon is a really awesome place to work at. The benefits are great and the team are awesome. If your a work at home mom this would be the place for you with the Amazon family.
Pros
great giveaways for your work
Cons
Attendance and working ethic is taking very serious
Fast paced, energetic and fun position
Stow Associate (Current Employee) –  Charleston, TNFebruary 4, 2016
I learned how to push myself to new levels of efficiency, speed and accuracy. Working at Amazon is a challenging yet satisfying place to work. Every manager there is willing to help you improve your skills in a kind and courteous manner,
Awesome workplace
Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 4, 2016
Everyday is like Day 1, i feel satisfied that i learn so much each day!
Team is awesome to work with!
Very well planned sprints and a team with great dedication :)
Awesome and Fun place to work
Controls Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Campbellsville, KYFebruary 4, 2016
Amazon is a great place to work and each day holds great opportunities to have fun and to learn a different aspect of day to day operations.
I have learned what it takes to be a strong leader and how to use my talent to develop others in their roles. Leadership and Strong Organization plays a large role in being able to have a productive day.
My co-workers at Amazon are hardworking and enjoyable to be around and this is what drives me to try each day to improve processes and to make working there an enjoyable experience for everyone around me. Everyone works well together in order to reach personal and job related goals.
Each day brings new opportunities and challenges. Although each day is fun and challenging the hardest part of the job is working a back/night shift.
The most enjoyable part of the job is coming in each day and learning something new about the many processes there are and passing that knowledge down to my co-workers in the building.
Temporary
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAFebruary 3, 2016
Outside of being told less than 24 hours that you will be required for mandatory overtime and that you get no future notice of being laid off from the job, working for Amazon is great!!
Amazing people and culture
Fullfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXFebruary 3, 2016
Amazon treats their employees with nothing but respect and favor. I have nothing bad to say except the over time during the Christmas season can be terrible on your personal life but should be expected do to the nature of the job.
Very fast paced working environment
ICQA/Inventory/Pick and Pack (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAFebruary 3, 2016
its good for what it requires from you. you can dress casually if you'd like, everyone is always on the go, plenty of chances to stand out for advancement.
Pros
casual attire, multiple breaks
Cons
short lunch breaks
produtive fun worker
waerehouse (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYFebruary 2, 2016
I am a very harder working go hard or go home I put both my feet on the floor and provide you have to get it your all when your working I have never let down boss while im at work
Fun place to work always able to learn new trades.
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 2, 2016
A typical day at work was staying productive unloading trailers on PIT equipment, minor training for new associates, and being in a "lead" position. I learned a lot about "general warehouse activities" loading and unloading product, packaging products, storing products properly. Our management could have used some work, a lot of fresh "out of school" managers that didn't fully understand the process in their work environment. My co-workers were amazing very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was the hours (overnight). The most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked with, they became a second family to me.
Pros
Great Benefits, set schedules.
Cons
Short breaks, Management
the company was alright, but the managers were not
Grader (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYFebruary 2, 2016
they dont care about their workers, the breaks were not long enough. And they never seem to attend to the workers needs. the coworkers were very friendly. but management werent as friendly.
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything
Bad
Picker (Former Employee) –  4400 12th St Ext, West Columbia, SC 29172February 2, 2016
Amazon mistreats a lot of their employees, but pays very good so that's pretty much the only thing good about that place.
productive with alot of work
Picker (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAFebruary 2, 2016
My day consist of walking anywhere from 15 to 20 miles easy. I learned that you can walk this distance daily. Management does what they can to help however they will not move you to train in another area unless you are meeting rate in your own area. I thought that was silly because everyone is not good at doing the same thing. The people there are very friendly and I enjoy meeting and talking to different staff.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
If your having trouble in one area the dont fit you into another.
Fun workplace
Operations Safety Council (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAFebruary 2, 2016
I've found from working here is that the culture is output oriented. If you are demonstrating success and getting your work done at a high level, they are actually extremely flexible about hours and I've found my quality of life here to be incredibly high. I work hard, certainly, but I also have a well balanced life and I love my job.
Work Hard, Make History
Inventory Control/Quality Assurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 1, 2016
• Perform simple bin count by using a handheld scanning device
• Ensure all items in each bin are exactly the same and cross-reference with company’s intranet inventory
• Pick items from the amnesty bin and place into the corresponding bins
• Pull defective items from bins and place for either destroy or repair by assessing the amount of damage to the item
great enviroment
Warehouse Associate Stow (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 1, 2016
One of the best places to work great benefits. Fun team members and very very busy so be ready to work your tail off but have fun while youre doing it.
Work hard, have fun, make history
Software Developer II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 1, 2016
Amazon has a culture of moving fast and exceeding expectations.

The best part about Amazon is that feeling of being pushed to your limit and being forced to grow. Everything moves quickly so you need to be on your toes. The hardest part is learning when its ok to push back. No you don't have to work weekends; yes you can take a day off without feeling guilty. Once you realize that its an incredible place to work.
Pros
challenging problems
Cons
work/life balance
Worek hard, Have Fun Make History
Sortation Associate/Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Newark, CAFebruary 1, 2016
It's all about the customers. Packages must be delivered to them. On the night shift it is imperative that everything goes out and everything is processed accordingly.
Sold a bag of Rock - Traditional Bait and Switch
Sr. Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Pure and utter chaos in the Fulfillment Centers. Unfair, discriminatory, and harassing work environment. The owner is so far out of touch with what's happening throughout that it's pathetic.
Pros
A lot of the employees are appreciate
Cons
Poor management and leadership