Amazon.com
3,227 reviews

Amazon.com United States Employee Reviews

it was horrible
Amazon Associate (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: overtime
the warehouse was super loud half of the time it smelled and we were always struggling for 20 to 30 minutes for parking and it takes forever to promote
Productive and Fun
Single-Packing (Former Employee), Whitestown, INApril 20, 2015
A typical day would be having a co-worker talk about how the days going to go, then do some stretches. Then we would go to a station and build boxes up and then pack single items into that box then tape it up and send it down the line. I learned fast working, team work, and motivation. The hardest part about it was standing for 12 hours for 5 or 6 days straight.
nice cool enviorment
stower (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAApril 20, 2015
Pros: alot of activities really cared for there workers
learned how to work some new things. coworkers were nice managers was good at what they do. There was nothing really hard about the job I adapt to it really quickly.
N/A
Problem Solver (Current Employee), West Columbia, SCApril 20, 2015
N/A Still employed Has excellent benefits Hours are great..have 3 days off 10 hour shifts make it good for family time and has an excellent leave accommodations team
Fun work from home position
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Salem, ORApril 20, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: temporary position
I would answer customer service calls from customer who needed help with things like tracking their packages, placing orders on the website, canceling services and accounts, and refunding orders and fees. We would communicate with co-workers and employers across the country via a chat service, provided by the company. I would help co-workers answer questions about policies and procedures, and show them where they could find the information in the future.
good place to work
Packer/Shipper/Tote Wrangler (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 19, 2015
Very fast pace place . Must be a team player .Management easy to get along with and have your back.Peak season is very busy but fun .
Typically 4 day work week with 3 days off
PROCESS GUIDE (Current Employee), Shepherdsville, KyApril 19, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Good benefits but pay is not great. Most jobs are easy but be prepared to be on your feet for 10 hrs a day and walking a lot. Most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships you get to build with coworkers and management and coming together as a team.
A good place to start
Packer (Former Employee), Breinigsville, PAApril 19, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: fear of losing your position to someone else
A typical day at amazon was to go inside, pass security and stretch.
the bell rings and work begins.

fast paced and always active, breaks were broken up duiring peak season.

job was fun but the hours were long and you are never really sure about the security of the job.
Extremely fast pace environment
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Breinigsville, PAApril 19, 2015
Pros: The opportunity to see Amazon from the inside.
Cons: The amount of work for the amount of pay.
I learned what mental strength I had. I walked fifteen miles per shift, I worked ten hours shifts sometimes six days a week. I wouldn't trade my experience for anything in the world.
Best inside secret: Amazonians love their job.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Breinigsville, PAApril 19, 2015
Pros: Generous with use of vacation, personal and unpaid time off.
Seeing my best efforts produce positive results and enjoying successes with my co workers is rewarding for me. A typical day is to be ready each minute for the unexpected and to rise to each occasion as it presents itself.
Fast pace
Dock Supervisor/Forklift Driver/Warehouse Assoc. (Former Employee), Breinigsville, PAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Employee appreciation incentives
Cons: short breaks, parking lot traffic, limited parking spaces
A typical day at work consisted of walking more than ten miles a day, and interacting with co-workers and management regarding orders and shipments. I learned that the inbound/outbound warehouse industry is a fast paced and detail oriented environment. Timing and efficiency are keys to success. Management did not communicate effectively, myself and fellow co-workers often completed tasks of management, after several requests, in order to be completed in a timely fashion. Being a team player and cooperating with co-workers help in the process of getting work done quickly.The hardest and the most enjoyable part of the job were the obstacles, such as misplaced orders, and figuring out what went wrong and finding a solution.
Fast paced and fun work.
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNApril 17, 2015
As soon as you walk in the door you are on the move. The work really makes the time fly by and the co-workers there are very friendly. It may take a few weeks to get used to all the soreness but it will really keep you in shape.
Amazon Fulfillment
Picker/ Ambassador (Current Employee), Middletown, DEApril 17, 2015
A typical day at work for me consist of me fulfilling customer orders as they come through on the scanner that I use. We as pickers walk on average up to 10-12 miles a day. I don't get to spend to my time with my coworkers because we have a fast pace job but the ones I do know personally are a joy to work with. The hardest part of my job is making sure I have energy to last me a long 10hour day 4 days in a row. Management has really help me to learn a lot and become a better worker then I was the day before. The most enjoyable part about my job is teaching my co workers and watching the light bulb come on when they finally get something.
Helpful and friendly atmosphere.
Loader/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Whitetown, IndianaApril 15, 2015
A regular day at work consist of me going to the dock to unload or load the trailers. Most times the dock would get full of packages so i would then get on the forklift and move them out the way. I get along with everybody so management and my co workers never had a issue with me. There was no hard part of my day and i really like just working around the people.
All around good place to work
Warehouse Packer (Current Employee), NJApril 15, 2015
Work flow is steady but they treat their empolyers with respect
Learned the importance of shipment and packing
Coworkers give me the motivation of working hard and taking the job serious
The long hours is the hardest part but is always beatible
The attitude of management is very good and that makes the job enjoyable
Layed Back
Forklift & Pallet Jack Operator, Scanner, Sorter (Current Employee), Davenport, FLApril 14, 2015
Pros: You can get certified on equipmet to further your carrier
Cons: short breaks
The work day goes smooth. Theres no fulltime for certain positions at the davenport warehouse so its a quick and easy day for the most part. Employees come from everywhere and its not a job to live off but a job to get by. The management is pretty cool when they communicate but theres not much hard work to the job.
productive fun place to work
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), Whitestown, INApril 14, 2015
I enjoyed the environment at the work place. They treated everyone fairly and with respect. the supervisors did not treat people like they were below them.
Challanging and fast paced place to work
Process Assistant (Current Employee), BreiningsvilleApril 13, 2015
In an effort to provide a balanced view here are the pros and cons of working in your average Amazon warehouse.

Pros-
Definite room for advancement - even from an entry level starting as a temp, the sky is almost the limit depending upon your education and motivation. With as little as a High School diploma it is possible to advance from tier 1 associate (base level), to tier 3 (supervisory level) and possibly tier 4 (area manager).
Excellent benefits - health care for yourself and family, Amazon even recognizes domestic partnership. Stock options for all employees, 401k, and flexible available time off.
Tuition reimbursement - Work there for a year and you are eligible for tuition reimbursement. 2 year degree, 96% of cost including books on many degree options. Some technical classes available on site such as CDL training.

Cons -
Long and sometimes unpredictable shifts. 10+ hours during peak season, and mandatory overtime can be called on 24 hours notice at any time
The higher up you advance, the more difficult the work/life balance becomes. As with all job advancement, more responsibility, more money, more hours. Schedule and expectations are very demanding even at a level 3 and increase exponentially as you advance. Employees are expected to "work up a level".
Fast pace = fast changes. From rotating management quarterly, to rotating business standard practices. Changes happen quickly and are not often rolled out in a comprehensive way.
Strict adherence to standardizations in situations – more... that are impossible to standardize. Facilities with large differences between levels of automation and available technology are expected to all follow same operational standards that are not always in the best interests of individual site needs.

All and all, it is a great place to get your feet wet and learn a lot if you are just out of college or even high school. But turnover is high. Learn what you can and move on to bigger and better things! – less
ok job. not the best
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 13, 2015
It was a seasonal position so it was ok for the time. they dont hire too often but it was temporary. co workers were nice but management was disorganized.
this is my typical day
toan nguyen constrution (Former Employee), phonixApril 13, 2015
I would get up and get prepared for my day ,then call my boss and ask what my job details.Then get to the job site and then remodel do demo or even do yard work .and was always prepared for my next job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Amazon.com

Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to – Read more

Amazon.com Salaries