Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Found 12,259 reviews matching the search
Very poor place
Amazon Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJJuly 22, 2017
Amazon is a very poor place to work at they treat you very badly and they don't care. They favor of people that kiss up to them if you don't your treated bad
Terrible Management
Packer/ Picker/ Saftey Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fernley, NV 89408July 22, 2017
Management only saw an individual as a number and had no concern to treat any employee with respect unless it was a member of HR. Breaks were very short, but had a "market".
Management needs improvement
PROCESS ASSISTANT / WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJuly 22, 2017
Amazon needs to stop bringing in college graduates to run their facilities. Overall the best thing I can say about Amazon is the benefits. :::::::::::
Buen trabajo y buen salario
To receive (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, P.A.July 22, 2017
En medio del trabajo unas horas de diversión muy buen detalle. Muy responsables con el pago, valorar y premiar a los buenos, buenos beneficios, buen horario,
Pros
Seguro médico, ForOne care
Cons
Si hay varios descansos
Easy job but can be stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJuly 22, 2017
While working for Amazon I realized that it was one of the most easy jobs you could ever have. If you like sitting on your butt and taking some phone calls that usually get transferred then this is the job for you. I personally kept it to where people at work were just work friends because working for Amazon is also like being in high school again. Then again it's customer service so everyone is trained to be nice to your face no matter what they think about you!
Pros
Easy money
Cons
Drama, NRR base is lame
Fullfiment Associate
Fullfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJuly 22, 2017
Although I really loved my job as a stower , there was no real team work, Manager's and Assistant Mgr. not really helpful. very little training, you would learn by trial and error by that time they would let you go,
large turn around constantly
Pros
I liked my job and I did like my Mgr I worked for
Cons
Very little training, and by time you did learn your job through trial and error, they would writer you up one after the other by that time, they woul let you go, To much favortisum, large and contsent turn around would hire and fire constantly
Great managers and great environment
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 22, 2017
It is hard work you will sweat it is a warehouse. You will make great friends here. You won't be doing the same.thing everyday unless that's what you want to do.
Benefits
Cons
Part-time
Difficult, rewards and additional incentives overstated, little free-time back home.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJuly 22, 2017
Life at Amazon's Fulfillment Centers are full of wonderfully different peoples' and cultures'. However, the environment is unbelievably cut-throat. The passive-aggressive drive that the employees are drawn to in order to obtain gift-cards (or other monetary incentives) is depressingly overstated. Those who get these benefits (like the top 10%) are unlikely to drop from weekly praise or obtaining of them. Those in the "lower brackets" tend to be ignored and lose incentive quickly. There is hardly any recognition for any personal improvement or accomplishment for your efforts unless you are in the top ten percent.

You enter a dead-zone of personality despite their efforts to encourage employee pep and hype because you are mindlessly accomplishing one task for hours. And you've had to look forward to that. One of the company's big assets is associate critical thinking. They want you to think critically about your process while doing this one task. But, your brain can't split, because you need to make your quota, and if you take the time to think, you won't fill it.

At breaks, you might have to walk and wait half the time you are given just to get a snack.

After work, usually you're so exhausted that all you accomplish is some sleep, then you're waking up to get back at it again.

It's hard to believe that one of the places we commonly shop online is so easily overlooked for it's inability to provide fulfilling employment in it's fulfillment centers.
Pros
You meet a lot of different people.
Cons
Long days are longer, the pace never slows, getting home is just to sleep.
Awesome
Packing Department Lead (Former Employee) –  Middletown, DEJuly 22, 2017
I am willing to do what has to be done on a job to have it to run smoothly, so a typical day at work is working at the goal to get it to run smoothly. I am always willing to learn more when I am working at a company and I have over 5 years management experience. The hardest part of my day at work is not being able to talk with my co-workers all day. I enjoy the people I work with therefore, I am always wanting to speak with them. I usually work with great people and I enjoy the time I spend with them. The enjoyable part of the job is speaking with people when I am able to do so.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Short breaks
Lot's of work to do but never enough people to do it.
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAJuly 22, 2017
Amazon in a nutshell always wants people to do more with less. They will run lean and will run their salaried Managers ragged to get it done. I averaged about 60 hours/week there. Advancement meant kissing but and talking the talk.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Terrible work/life balance
Love this job
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 21, 2017
warehouse work isnt for everyone but if you enjoy moving around and staying busy i recommend this job. the compensation and benefits that come with the job are more than enough, you are offered chances to move up or crosstrain, could use a longer lunch or if there was music played over a speaker
Pros
discount on amazon products, tuition assistance, paid time off, vacation time, bonus opportunities
Cons
loud environment
productive and fast paced workplace
Transship/ Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAJuly 21, 2017
Depending on your department a typical day consists of a lot of walking and standing.

I learned to use Radio Frequency Scanners.

The culture is awesome.

The hardest part of the job would be if you are a order picker. Its not easy the first week but eventually it gets better
Pros
Breakrooms all over the facility
Cons
Leaving on break or going home everyone is subject to the metal detector
if you wanna lose weight
AFE Process Guide (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAJuly 21, 2017
great if you wanna never stop moving. in short i know many people that would rather go back to boot camp then work here. money is good. benefits great but no time for a live out side there walls
A very flexible place where you can advance
Seasonal Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAJuly 21, 2017
It was a nice place to work with lots of different cultures. The only thing I didn't like was the call off procedure. The process was if you worked a certain shift and you need the time off for whatever reason, you were not able to switch a shift with someone so you had no choice but to call off if you had to.
Lets not even go there shall we.
Amazon Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 21, 2017
Each experience is different for each person. Give them a try if you are desperate. They write you up for rate when you are sick. They always make it clear to you that you are replaceable.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
You feel as if you can not breathe without getting written up.
Some jobs there are very tedious and not worth $12/hour
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYJuly 21, 2017
When I started there, everybody complained about how they disliked a few certain jobs, for example, Flexpac Everybody for the most part agreed it was the worst job and they would never do it, esp. for $12/hour. Well,I continued on, hopefully it was not as bad as everyone said it was. Well, it was. They were right. Definitely not worth $12/hour.
Wearhouse Job
Packer (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYJuly 21, 2017
its a relaxing job, night shift is very enjoyable. negative thing about the job was its too hot. but people taught you very well there and I liked the job because it was hands on.
As a part time is good
FC Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 21, 2017
Working in the cafeteria school is fan because is for the children interacting with them not all day only at the time they come to the cafeteria for the mails.
Pros
only week days and when not classes not work
Great Compensation no Work Life Balance
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Chicagoland Area, ILJuly 21, 2017
Overall Amazon is a high performing company that has great opportunity to advance your career if you are able to sacrifice everything else for the sake of the business. The compensation and benefits package is great and the stock is an awesome cherry on top but you will work for that comp package. There is a constant pressure placed by Regional Managers to drive metrics regardless of role scope and this leads to a high turnover rate in the salary ranks due to the "Churn & Burn" approach.

In general the company has a great deal of smart people working towards solutions but the prevailing feeling is to just throw money at problems and the never ending push coming from all levels in the organization leads to a lot of turnover once the sign on bonuses are done paying out.

If you can put your life on hold for 2-5 yrs and live at work 70-80hrs (min 6 days) a week then go for it and reap the rewards of great stock and sign on bonuses.
Pros
Comp & Benefits
Cons
No Work Life balance
Comfy but pressed
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 21, 2017
The attendance policy way to strict about the points system. There needs to be a more allowances for absence. The atmosphere was great. The hours are also flexible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.