Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Found 7,254 reviews matching the search
interesting place to work
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Ruskin, FLMarch 31, 2016
Learned a lot in the IT department, about imaging/ updating and maintaining software. Typica day at work consists of packing product at your station all day. Management can be cold and pushy to meet numbers. Co- workers are friendly for the most part but some are unprofessional, and full of drama. Break rooms get hectic do to too many employees. Yelling and throwing food etc... Hardest part of this job would be standing on my feet for 10 hours and dealing with the many different personalities.
Pros
good benefits and stock options
Cons
short breaks, long hours, unprofessional environment
Overworked and under appreciated
Process Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMarch 1, 2016
You are seen as a number of productivity, and not a person.
I managed to become a Process Assistant(aka Assistant Area Manager). It was a constant struggle to get management to understand that if you weren't salary paid, that hours really matter. People were constantly sent home early in the name of productivity. People would often lose out on hours as a result of that.
I can say, if you were able to get ahold of a Process Assistant position, that you were really likely to become an Area Manager. However if a PA position was filled, there was little room for advancement. I enjoyed the people I supervised. They understood that I was sticking up for them, and they appreciated me trying to take the time to listen to their concerns. It was high school drama with management.
Pros
Comradery
Cons
Management, Ethics
Very rewarding and I learn alot.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Cayce, SCApril 6, 2016
A typical day at work was very busy and I enjoyed the pace. I learned a lot about distribution. I also learned a lot about inventory control and quality assurance. My management team was a great team to work with. I enjoyed working with my coworkers. I met a lot of great people. I also trained employees coming in the facility. The hardest part was probably the long hours. I enjoyed the people. I also enjoyed training new employees. I enjoyed the challenge every day I came in the facility.
benefits
Cons
short breaks
benefits are good but constant pressure to maintain rate makes this job extremely stressful
Amazon Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 31, 2016
Amazon has great pay and benefits but it is a very physically demanding job, with long hours. There is not a good work/life balance. Management changes constantly, and there are "clichés" within each department. There are some very nice people there but no time to form friendships, The most difficult part of the job is being on your feet for 10 hours.
Pros
paid and unpaid personal time, vacation accrual, good pay
Cons
short breaks, pressure, stressful
Good Job for a short time frame. Nothing else.
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Haslet, TXMarch 28, 2016
A job at amazon is good for students but with current Management and HR departments, jobs are extremely fragile and don't expect any type of promotion without a degree in hand despite the time you put in. Most Managers and HR department Personnel are right out of college with no experience and do a very poor job.

The Benefits are well concived.
Pros
Benefits, Co-Workers, Pay more than $11 which makes this a livable wage if you manage your money
Cons
HR Department, Advancements, Management, Steals Ideas, Fire you without warning
Stressful, unappreciative, and manipulative
Inventory Control/ Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMarch 1, 2016
My first day with Amazon was 11/25/2014. My last day there was 2/16/2016. I had enough time saved to put my two weeks notice in, and never go back. I was an electrical power production journeyman for the Airforce. I also worked as an aerospace ground equipment technician for the U.S. Air National guard. I applied several times times for their facilities level 1 tech position. I knew all the hiring managers, I also had great work ethic and a desire to learn more. But for some reason I never got the chance for the position. I worked my way up to ambassador, and was a seasonal tier 3 safety coordinator. I had high hopes with a career at Amazon, but it's bureaucracy prevented it from happening. Don't let Amazon take advantage of you if you're aspiring for a professional career.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Not how- but how many- any way you can
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAFebruary 28, 2016
Work in stow- everyday have to put items in bins which already are almost full, but still expected to make rate. Top shelves of bins have products falling onto floor (sometimes hitting people). Another associate told member of safety team ,was told our building has million items to get stowed so we have to do anything we can to get put away. Evidently safety no very important. No pay raise in 5 years. Managers change deptartment or leave every few months. Sometimes we do not have contact with our given manager for weeks ay a time. we are setup for failure, but management expects success. favoritism-don't get me started.
BENEFITS
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE
productive fun and freindly envoriment
packer and rebin (Current Employee) –  lakeland flMarch 15, 2016
I love the job benefits and the people that work at amazon. My day at amazon starts bright and early. I walk and stand for 10 hours a day. I do multiple things everyday. My management team is awesome they are very understanding and helpful. I have learned a lot of new skills working with amazon in a short period of time doing multiple jobs. My co workers are great people to work with everyone helps each other out when needed. I get along with everyone I work with. I enjoy meeting and working with new people at my job. The hardest part of my job is the extremely heavy lifting.
Pros
payed tme off, and unpaid time off, medical benifits
Cons
short breaks, heavey lifting
picker/packer
packer, picker (Former Employee) –  Dunstable, UKMarch 30, 2016
Bad place to work. Short breaks, you cant even eat properly your lunch. Hard job and lot of stupid rules. Most of temporary workers fired up before Christmas without any previously notice. They promise different bonuses (signing bonus before Christmas for temps, bonus when u r leaving company - just for permanent staff, but then in real you get nothing). I was permanent associate but didnt noticed any special benefits and perks, except of emergency flexible paid holiday (20 hrs every 3 months).
Pros
free hot drinks
Cons
short breaks, hard repetitive job, no bonuses for most productive workers
Flexable and great place to work
Picking/Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Whitestown, INMarch 28, 2016
Amazon is a great place to work in my opinion, but most or some of the management and staff are not as fair with the employees. I also know that if you're looking to progress and move up in the job, this will not be the place for you. It is very hard to progress there. And commonly the work policy and rules are not fair or reasonable for their employees. Only people who work there or have worked there will understand the issues associated with this job.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, very flexable work
Cons
Short and not reasonable breaks, Management unfair with rules
Stessful enviroment to work in
Picker (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 3, 2016
For a normal day of work in amazon i would walk the mods and pick and that meant doing a lot of walking at least 8 miles a day. I did learn how to use a scan gun and how to solve simple problems on the gun.The management was good and they were all interactive with the employees. The co workers in the warehouse were mostly tired from having to work the long hours. The hardest part of the job was having to walk non stop picking the orders. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing what kind of items customers would purchase.
Pros
Benefits and 401k
Cons
short breaks an long hours in between
We have fun making history!
Stow/ Problem Solver/ Team Member (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 29, 2016
Amazon is great place to work for. A lot of great benefits offered and friendly people around to always help you. I currently am a problem solver and help the stowers fix any problems they may have come across trying to stow an item in a bin. I have learned how to use a laptop a lot more efficiently. The management is starting to go down hill but the people are all still very friendly. The hardest part of the job is the ten hour shifts. I really enjoy making everyone smile.
Benefits
Cons
Not enough walk time to breaks
fun, fast pace, ware and tare nice main entrance break room
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 10, 2016
repetitive wear and tear on the body but not that bad

patients, teamwork, to take pride in ones work

management has there pros and cons there not great but there working on it to make the employees jobs easier. there are many time when things miss communicated or when they cant answer the employees question.But over all there trying hard

co- workers are great, friendly, helpful and kind

maintaining the rate when barriers prevent you from working at a steady working pace

the people
Pros
great benefits, great co-workers, god salary
Cons
management and the ware and tare on ones body
diverese work environment
Fulfillment associate, ambassador, process guide (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 24, 2016
I have been trained to move in the direction to become an supervisor. with dedication and hard work I became an ambassador( trainer) and a process guide ( supervisor assistant). The shift is 10 hours with great benefits. but as a single mother the long hours can be challenging. I do love the work environment and the diversity. everyone is willing to help and have a cheerful disposition. You will always be greeted with a smile but answered with stern and precise answers. For all new comers it will be hard your first few months getting into the swing of working long hours and using muscles you haven't used in a while or maybe never. There is always room to grow and many things to learn. Besides the people I work with pay help as well..
Pros
great benefits for full time employees.
Cons
breaks, senority doesnt account for advancement.
Its a great company that understands family needs
Problem Solver (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 16, 2016
I have learned multiple positions. I was able to take time I needed with my son while he had emergency surgery and didn't lose my position at work. You get advancement opportunities weather it is staying with the company or advancing to a career that you love. You are given a rate to which you need to meet which helps keep you productive as well as it is manageable to accomplish. We were allotted time that we can use at our convenience for emergencies or just needing a personal day off without it interfering with our job placement. Management is easy to talk to. You work hard which in my opinion is a benefit.
Pros
Variabe compensation pay, vacation pay, personal pay, and unpaid time
Cons
for me it is the distance I have to travel to get to my job
Rewarding if you endure
Amazon associate (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WAFebruary 25, 2016
Hi, i'm fairly young , played many sports in school and i saw this job as a learning experience no doubt it was and tho i wouldve loved to keep working there the hours and shifts they make are horrible but the pay and the necessity keep you there. I went to a couple diferent warehouses and the culture is diferent in each one however they are all the same way in the sense of getting anything done, You want to visit your grandmother in hospital? Call a number wait a few hours then be told you cant. They do offer some benefits but honestly its not worth not being with your family and the toll the shifts have on your mind and body.
Pros
Pay is superior to minimum wage, Health benefits
Cons
Shifts, AM Care, Communication
Very fun workplace, but hard work/life ratio
Warehouse Associate PH3 Picker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2016
I worked at PHX3, which means nothing if you don't know what that is. Starting pay is amazing, advancement is quite easily acquired if you show them you want it. Amazon truly cares about their employees. During peak seasons they have raffles, DJ's, games, contests, free food. And also great management year 'round. The only thing i disliked about working there, was the amount i time i had off. I admit, he paychecks every week was well worth it, but being a full time student, 55-60 hours a weeks is tough. Night shift is the best at Amazon, in my opinion. I was a picker and walked about 15 miles on a normal 10 hour shift, 5 days a week. Pretty crazy, right? That is also a pro, getting paid to exercise, basically. (:
Pros
holiday pay, benefits, great management, competitive pay
Cons
short breaks, hard to reach production goals
Task Oriented workplace with decent pay
Facilities Trainer & Technician III - Primary (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 26, 2016
As a facilities technician, there is little room for advancement - especially since all new buildings will be contracting out labor to 3rd party companies. The managers have horrible communication among themselves and often give conflicting direction to subordinates. My co-workers were the best part of this job, but many of them are leaving as the departmental roles are being restructured. The pay and other compensation was great, but very little increase year-over-year; promotions are few and far between as well. Overall, this company put grey hairs on my head and requires a larger human resources department to handle the volume of complaints.
Pros
Some training opportunities
Cons
hypocritical leadership principles/leaders
Good job, bad career
Lead Fulfillment Associate & Forklift Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 29, 2016
If you're looking for work and need a job, Amazon Fulfillment Centers are a good place to start. Competitive pay, good benefits, and reasonable hours.
However, Amazon FCs are NOT a place to look for a career. They do not promote from within, they do not reward competent and hard workers, and they do not listen to their employees.
Pros
Benefits, 4 day work week
Cons
Do not reward good workers with management considerations, rampant favoritism, horrible HR team
Too much work for lower orders
Senior Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 18, 2016
I have been working at Amazon.com full-time.think big, and create something new. Competitive salary and benefits with other major tech companies. 100% self motivating work environment. No dress code and 4 legged friends are welcome.

Stack ranking is a horrible practice since it's rife with favoritism. It's also not Amazonian in that it's not data based (arbitrarily designating a certain percentage of employees that must be put on performance management isn't a data driven criterion) and it's not frugal (effectively forcing an individual out of the company in one division who would make the grade in another is either retaining someone who doesn't…
Pros
Really smart people, a lot of opportunity for growth, always encouraged to be innovative.
Cons
You have to be self motivated, NO ONE will hold your hand and tell you that you're doing a great job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.