Amazon.com
3,237 reviews

Amazon.com United States Employee Reviews

A decent company to work for.
Virtual Call Center Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Seattle, WAApril 23, 2015
Pros: work from home, flexible schedule, above minimum wage
Cons: demanding managers, rude customers, complicated work system
Amazon is a great company from the outside, but has many visible flaws from the inside, as far as the mechanics of how it's employee environment is set.

I'd recommend working for Amazon if you want to be treated like the average Joe, but with minor benefits.
productive work place fun place to work
Rebin (Former Employee), Middletown, DEApril 22, 2015
Pros: chance for advancement
Cons: Standing 10 hrs
A typical day at work was standing there pulling bins and scanning items to put them in slots for the customers.. I learned eye to hand coordination and how to do things in a timely manner..I got along good with my co-workers...The hardest part of the job was standing for 10 hrs straight...most enjoyable part of the job was the experience
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Lewisberry, PAApril 22, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: safety
Nice place to work. Management needs alittle work. Safety needs to be number one in warehouse, lots of accidents. Anyone can fit in. Management needs to be looked over, in my opinion.
carefully packed away customer purchase
Packer/Picker (Former Employee), Chester, VAApril 22, 2015
I would sometimes pick the customers purchase or just pack the customer purchase during my time at Amazon. Amazon carries just about anything you can think of they have it; even very unique things as well
Very fun, fast paced safe work environment
Am Tran (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 21, 2015
Pros: you can win prizes, and free food
Cons: the break's are a bit short.
While I worked at Amazon during the peak season, things were quick, this isn't the kind of job you can slack off but that's what made it fun. I learned that hard work can most definitely be fun and rewarding. Everyone there were incredibly friendly and helpful from my co-workers to the management, honestly nothing was ever too hard because I had the help of everyone there and the most enjoyable part of this job is the people. You could be working a 5 hour shift but it would only feel like you worked two, times just fly's when working at Amazon.
good company
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee), Newark, CAApril 21, 2015
this is great company to work for its also fun enviorment.......................................................................................
Decent paycheck. Reccomend getting directly hired
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee), Hebron, KYApril 21, 2015
Pros: decent pay, consistent hours
Cons: favoritism, horrible communication
Only work 4 days a week at 10 hours a day. Making 11.75 an hour but you get raises every 6 months. A lot of favoritism throughout the building and overtime is scattered except during peak season. Very hot inside certain buildings and they wont turn the air on until the beginning of May. Overall its a very easy job for someone right out of high school but the people who actually work hard always get reassigned to do things nobody wants to do.
Fast paced and demanding. Not a job for the unmotivated
Ship Clerk (Current Employee), Lebanon, Tn.April 21, 2015
I work in the most stressful part of the amazon process. The dock is loud, fast paced, and very demanding of a person. Most coworkers are ready to go home if they know that they are being sent to the dock . Mostly because there is a lack of work ethic in this country.
Good company
Associate (Current Employee), Haslet, TXApril 21, 2015
Great place to work with good benefits but of you are not flexible this is not the place for you to be. Other than that its perfectly fine
productive and good inviorment
order picker and floor picker (Former Employee), phoenix azApril 21, 2015
liked this place to work. Went in to work and did what i had to do and made great friends. Got to operate diffrent machines and learn different skills.
it was horrible
Amazon Associate (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: overtime
the warehouse was super loud half of the time it smelled and we were always struggling for 20 to 30 minutes for parking and it takes forever to promote
Productive and Fun
Single-Packing (Former Employee), Whitestown, INApril 20, 2015
A typical day would be having a co-worker talk about how the days going to go, then do some stretches. Then we would go to a station and build boxes up and then pack single items into that box then tape it up and send it down the line. I learned fast working, team work, and motivation. The hardest part about it was standing for 12 hours for 5 or 6 days straight.
nice cool enviorment
stower (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAApril 20, 2015
Pros: alot of activities really cared for there workers
learned how to work some new things. coworkers were nice managers was good at what they do. There was nothing really hard about the job I adapt to it really quickly.
N/A
Problem Solver (Current Employee), West Columbia, SCApril 20, 2015
N/A Still employed Has excellent benefits Hours are great..have 3 days off 10 hour shifts make it good for family time and has an excellent leave accommodations team
Fun work from home position
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Salem, ORApril 20, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: temporary position
I would answer customer service calls from customer who needed help with things like tracking their packages, placing orders on the website, canceling services and accounts, and refunding orders and fees. We would communicate with co-workers and employers across the country via a chat service, provided by the company. I would help co-workers answer questions about policies and procedures, and show them where they could find the information in the future.
good place to work
Packer/Shipper/Tote Wrangler (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 19, 2015
Very fast pace place . Must be a team player .Management easy to get along with and have your back.Peak season is very busy but fun .
Typically 4 day work week with 3 days off
PROCESS GUIDE (Current Employee), Shepherdsville, KyApril 19, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Good benefits but pay is not great. Most jobs are easy but be prepared to be on your feet for 10 hrs a day and walking a lot. Most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships you get to build with coworkers and management and coming together as a team.
A good place to start
Packer (Former Employee), Breinigsville, PAApril 19, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: fear of losing your position to someone else
A typical day at amazon was to go inside, pass security and stretch.
the bell rings and work begins.

fast paced and always active, breaks were broken up duiring peak season.

job was fun but the hours were long and you are never really sure about the security of the job.
Extremely fast pace environment
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Breinigsville, PAApril 19, 2015
Pros: The opportunity to see Amazon from the inside.
Cons: The amount of work for the amount of pay.
I learned what mental strength I had. I walked fifteen miles per shift, I worked ten hours shifts sometimes six days a week. I wouldn't trade my experience for anything in the world.
Best inside secret: Amazonians love their job.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Breinigsville, PAApril 19, 2015
Pros: Generous with use of vacation, personal and unpaid time off.
Seeing my best efforts produce positive results and enjoying successes with my co workers is rewarding for me. A typical day is to be ready each minute for the unexpected and to rise to each occasion as it presents itself.

1 2 3 4 5

About Amazon.com

Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to – Read more

Amazon.com Salaries