Amazon.com Employee Reviews in United States

Found 6,999 reviews matching the search
What a joke
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Patterson, CAJuly 31, 2016
This is the worst job, I've had in my life!!! The pay is terrible, hours are long, and management is a joke....The robots constantly break down, the bins are over flowing, and yet these morons still expect you to make "rate"....This is modern day slavery they treat you like a robot, and only care about the numbers....Plenty of good warehouse jobs out there don't waste your time on this one!!! There's a reason they have a temp agency on their site, turnover rate for this place is ridiculous...
Pros
No pros
Cons
Fun place to work, On your feet all day, Easiest hiring practice i have ever seen.
Forklift Operator / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYAugust 1, 2016
Amazon trains you for whatever job you are placed in. I was a warehouse forklift operator. Many different schedules to choose from. Great second job or retirement. You do have to make a quota of the products you are picking, Shipping, or stowing. I needed a little more pay. Large give away at Christmas, such as complete computer systems, LGE screen TV. and Tablets.
Pros
Start earning PTO days as soon as your probation period is over, Stock after 2 yrs, Many give away, Promote within
Cons
You must make your quota.
overall good place to work,
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Haslet, TXJuly 27, 2016
A typical day would be clock in and would have a short stand up meeting and then head to our stations and start counting items within the pods that would come to the station I was assigned. Takes your breaks throughout the day and have another standup meeting after lunch. I work a 10 hour shift from 6pm to 430 am.
Pros
you stay busy, so time passes by quickly
Cons
managers are young and inexpeirenced, was told I would go back to days but still on the night shift.
Very physically demanding job
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJuly 21, 2016
The actual job is easy but it is very physically demanding therefore it is a very tiring job. By the time you get home you just want to sleep. It is a 10 hour shift which makes it worse, maybe if it was an 8 hour shift it would make it less stressful. By the end of the day everyone is cranky and drained. Managers come and go so any time you get comfortable with your manager they will either get fired or get moved to different shift, building etc.
Pros
Great benefits package
Don't fall for the hype of the pay. Run!
Former inbound associate (Former Employee) –  Mke1August 19, 2016
The company seemed great when they opened. Peak was hard. 55 hour weeks just about kill you. Management ...smh a bunch of know it all college kids. They used to be so focused on team building but then they spilit up my team. I suddenly felt like a new employee because everyone that I had gotten to know for the last year was on the other mod every week. Their new performance system sucks. Expect write-ups alot here even if you miss the expectations by 1. Breaks are spent walking to the outside for about 5 mins and then race back before 15 mins is up or they write you up for that too.
Pros
Free shirts
Cons
Management short breaks crazy expectations
good benefits /lack of advancement opertunities
Warehouse Associate/trainer/seasonal pa. I (Current Employee) –  Moreno, CAJuly 23, 2016
good job for first job experience,But pace you are expected to keep
could be difficult for older employees,There is no recognition for hard
work and no advancement based on effort.All employees make the same pay regardless of how hard they work or don,t.
The company itself has good benefits ,nice lunch facilities,
management changes a lot,you never know how long you boss
will be there.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
a lot of lazy people, no work ethics
great, just too many people
Packer (Current Employee) –  Haslet, TXAugust 7, 2016
being a warehouse its a fast pace but easy going job, and although it is really great with nice attentive leads I would seriously enjoy it more if they weren't hiring every time I turned around. They have a high pool of people they have constantly coming in and its hard to have a constant work week. Its considered voluntary time off and you sign yourself up for it but they keep asking you until they are down to the number of people they need for the day. so sometimes I take it just so they will stop begging me. Like I said great work place, excellent benefits, and really great managers, all they need now is a different hiring process.
Fast paced, fun and challenging workplace
ICQA Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 10, 2016
I really enjoyed the work environment at Amazon. Every morning before each shift there was "Stand Up" which included multiple stretches and an over all production summary of our specific department. The managers and leaders/coaches were very friendly and personable. I felt as ease when coming to them with any questions or concerns. Same goes for co-workers, very helpful and friendly. The hardest part about my job was the constant sitting and standing due to me being in my third trimester of pregnancy.
Pros
Paid Time Off, Over Time Pay, Regular Breaks
Very competitive work evironment.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 17, 2016
Amazon was a very interesting place to work. As a picker, they have us constantly walking nonstop for nearly 10 hours. We have to meet a certain quota or rate and make sure items are picked efficiently and consistently to meet that rate. My co-workers were awesome. I am glad to have met many of them. The hardest part of the job was doing the same repetitive actions for ten hours straight. It eventually gets to you and makes you feel like a robot. The most enjoyable parts of the job are when we have competitions. I think it really makes working there a lot more fun.
Warehouse
stower (Current Employee) –  Cayce, SCAugust 9, 2016
It's not a bad job just management have poor decision making when it comes to the employees. Nobody has a answer they make you research information. Normally HR has most of the unknown answer but they just what they are with no information on employees base. I was known for HR to walk you out and have at least a little detail or information about the work place as for what goes on inside the plant but they don't if manger send you to them they send you right back to the manager.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management
Productive and fun place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYAugust 21, 2016
The typical day at Amazon is slow and steady. I've learned a lot on how to prep items to be able to send them out to customers. The management is great and so are the co-workers. The hardest part of the job is the very long breaks we have to wait forever on and when they send us home because there is nothing else for us to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with all my co-workers and conversating with the managers and just enjoying the day while we work.
Pros
Free breaks except for lunch
Cons
No work at times
Great pay, horrible work conditions
Picker (Current Employee) –  Middletown, DEAugust 8, 2016
Typical day at work. No electronics inside amazon,Clock in exactly at the time your supposed to start your shift. Start immediately working after brief exercise. Work at rate that is fast paced. Paid breaks are fifteen mins. If you are in the back of the center consider your breaks 5 mins because you are expected to be back at the same location by the end of the break. Lunch breaks are 30 mins. If you are under the expected rate you will be written up. If your break is more than 15 mins scan to scan you will be written up. shifts are ten hours. Night shift gets paid more than day.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
long hours, short breaks, working like slaves
3 Thumbs UP
Gift Wrap Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 2, 2016
I was lucky enough to get a job as a Gift Wrap Associate, one of the easiest jobs available. Amazon gets a bad rep because of the long hours, but depending on what job you end up with its typicaly not a hard job. However, I didn't like how the people of authority treated the temporary employees like myself. Ive heard , and seen many petty instances. That's the only issue I have with the company, the disregard they have for people and their feelings. Also everytime I would ask someone a question, no one knew the answer, they'd always send me off to someone else.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
short breaks, strict, very cold
Very physical and demanding.
temporary employee (Former Employee) –  Charleston, TNAugust 1, 2016
The one good thing about Amazon was their benefits which were excellent and started immediately upon hire date, However, the work was very physical. I sometimes walked 30 miles a night which made it very hard to make rate so I was always afraid of losing my job over not making rate. I did it somehow but on the nights when there was a lot of heavy lifting to do, I came home with a hurting back and cramping hands and feet, I finally had to quit Amazon over personal reasons and health issues,
Pros
Excellent benefits.
Cons
Walking 30 miles a night, too far to walk to breaks, little if any chance for advancement.
just started In outbound packing.
packer (Current Employee) –  no commentAugust 6, 2016
Extremely hard on your body. They expect you to make rate of 190 in one hour. Sometimes all you get is 2 piece's and they are large packages. Very stressful, they monitor your every move. I feel like a herd of cattle. 10 hours of standing on your feet moving at a fast pace. Extremely stressful. Alot of deversity is a true statement. Either you can take the physical pain and mental stress, or quit. In the first week my neck, back, legs, feet hurt. You sit with ice. Ibuprofen a must. My hands are experiencing numbness. I would not recomend this as a heathly place to work. Alot of turn around in people. This is why they are always hiring. Brutal jobs. To many strict rules. Easy
to get fired.
benefits
Cons
Do not apply
very productive & fast paced
premiere packaging (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 23, 2016
Everyone including myself gets straight to work in their own little area can be frustrating sometimes standing in one spot that's the hardest part but you get use to it with time. What I enjoy the most working at this job is being able to have your own space .
Pros
you work in your own space everyone is helpful and about their work
Cons
its hot sometimes, the break doesnt feel as long, it takes a little to get to the break room due to how big the building is .
Workplace has tv's, Ms Pacman, snack machines anf free coffee.
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJuly 23, 2016
After clocking in, you check the duty roster for your name and assignment. You may be assigned to one area processing large packages. Before the day ends, you may find yourself working 5 or more different areas. There's no (i) in teamwork. Management is fair. You come in and do your job and no one bothers you. Co-workers are nice. Majority do what their supposed to do. Temperature in warehouse. The sense of fulfillment knowing that you've given 110% of yourself. Some days I'm so engrossed with the job at hand that I don't hear the end of shift bell.
Pros
Free amazon products and food perks.
Cons
No healthcare, double shifts
Warehouse Associate
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAAugust 11, 2016
first off the place was HUGE, secondly there is zero sitting everyone is standing even the area managers. which was brutal i went from sitting all day everyday to standing 10hrs a night 40hrs a weeks thursday-sunday.

i felt kinda cheated that i wasn't in the first wave of people brought in and got stuck with stowing which by the way sucks major butt because they cram RATE so hard down your throat you go home and you can taste RATE.

water spidering was a much better use of my time walking from one end to the other giving other stowers packages etc
Pros
the people and team members
Cons
no sitting ever except break
positive place to work with good salary
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 26, 2016
A typical day at work is usually good. You get 15 minute breaks management is usually very respectful and helpful when given instruction. They show I high level of enthusiasm during the work day even though co-workers aren't usual receptive to it. The hardest part of the job is the hours and the commute. i hardly ever leave at the regular time at the end of the day and it takes a lot time to get to the job location using public transportation. Other than that the job can be pretty enjoyable once you get the hang of things and get to know people.
fast paced work environment
Stower/Picker (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJuly 26, 2016
A day at Amazon went like this. You'd start out by clocking in and joining your team for daily stretches and announcements. You'd then go to your designated station and start putting away items if you were a stower or picking items if you were a picker. This would go on for a good 10 hours with breaks and a lunch in between. co-workers are hit and miss but they're mostly good help when you need it. management is also hit and miss but in my experience most were difficult to work with. the hardest part of the job was keeping up with the set pace they had. The easiest part of the job was keeping track of the time you were there.