Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Found 9,338 reviews matching the search
Fun workplace
Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 26, 2017
I enjoyed working by myself and getting things done .. the day went as a breeze because there was so much work that had to be done.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Healthcare
Nice
Amazon Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAFebruary 26, 2017
It's not a very friendly place to work when I applied they never told me I was going to be doing something different they need better team leaders
Pros
Nothing nice to say
Cons
People are not nice
I alot of walking
Picker (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAFebruary 26, 2017
Amazon has great benefits and a flexible work schedule . However they switch up manager like ever three months and you will have no one to speak for you. If u are not in shape do not work there
not a recommended job,especially as a seasonal
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  LoganTownship NJFebruary 26, 2017
Current employment in Lexington KY. says it all. I can only agree completely! They will hire anyone and it really shows! Management is only out for themselves , no guidance whatsoever!!
Pros
easy hire
Cons
long hours, no task rotation as claimed supervision nonexistent.
amazon work place
Associate (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 26, 2017
a typical day at amazon is managing all of the product. I'm in charge of making sure every package at my station is packed/fixed and leaves the sort floor. hardest part is all the liquid/hazmat damages we receive. the most enjoyable part of the job is learning new computer skills since I'm always using amazons software such as logistics. management just leaves us alone and lets us deal with our own issues, they just want it done.
Pros
work with school schedules.
Cons
favoritism, preferred quantity or quality.
great place to work once you get past the first week of being on your feet for 11hrs.and working 6 days a week!!!!!!!!!!
ICQA Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 26, 2017
other than that has a lot of great benefits and some good incentives when you show up for work everyday. Also has some good management but you just have to show up and do the work and benefits will follow.
Very Difficult Job
Home Agent - Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 26, 2017
Amazon is the most difficult work from home job I've ever had. The shifts are long, and there is little flexibility until after peak season. Once you feel as though the job is getting easier, metrics take over and make it even more difficult to handle. Amazon is ALL about metrics. Their standards seem almost impossible to meet.
Pros
Great once you're converted
Cons
Difficult to meet their standards
great
Amazon Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAFebruary 26, 2017
easy days no complains
they are not organized
4 days out of the week
depends where you are stationed it is ok
learned to be patient
people can be very naive
Awesome
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 25, 2017
Great place to work for. virtually it is okay but depends on the individual. Stock options are great. and pay is decent but customer service is a burn out job.
Amazon work from home
Chat Representative (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeFebruary 25, 2017
Communication is not enough. No say in changes which are made. Performance driven. Many things could have been better. Conversion is offered after four months which makes an associate permanent but that is not guaranteed. Pay leaves a lot to be desired. I love being able to work from home
Pros
When there is overtime
Cons
Low pay, seasonal

Want to know more about Amazon.com?

Ask a question
fast pace
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Dinwiddie, VAFebruary 25, 2017
I work nights and weekend shift. I have learn how pick orders. Management is pretty reasonable. The hardest part of my job is that they don't give you enough hours. I enjoy interacting with my team members.
prodcutive
Picker and packer (Former Employee) –  Avenel, NJFebruary 25, 2017
busy days, thy don't over work you, thee is always work, mandatory overtime can be a pain if you don't want to work extra. Clean work environment, he hours could be more flexible
Productive and Interesting
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 25, 2017
Lots of walking or standing

Lifting items that can be heavy

Great place to meet new people

The pay was great just worked as a temp but the job wasn't for me
Pros
Getting exercise
Cons
10 hours is long
fun work place
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Newark, CAFebruary 24, 2017
great work environment and provides opportunities to learn new positions at work.
it good work place where you learn everyday and it helps to learn new skills like team work, organizational skills, communication skills and many more
awesome place to work
Amazon Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAFebruary 24, 2017
good experience fun place to work mostly in the holidays give out a lot of priezes. the hardest part is keeping up rate everyday
Honest work!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Schertz, TXFebruary 24, 2017
I have worked for Amazon for 4 months. It is honest, hard work. You can come to work in very casual clothes and the people that work there are very nice. You will be standing, lifting, bending, kneeling for 10 hours a day, which makes it very difficult to function after work. I come home exhausted. It is good exercise, a decent living, just not a job I can see myself doing for a long period of time.
Pros
Good atmosphere for large warehouse environment type of job
Cons
Long day full of hard work can be exhausting
Good people
Customer Service & product distribution (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 24, 2017
Good people, pay could be better and also more hours. Otherwise it's a good place to work for part-time. Also I would like to see some paid benefits from the company for employees.
Simple Job with good benifits
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 24, 2017
Nothing about the job is difficult and it is not much to meet the scan rate goal they ask for. Shift starts off with A short briefing of the work load followed by stretches. The work is not difficult to do but the hours are short only four hours a day on average for part time. On occasions there are opportunities for extra work but they a far and few between. The dental and vision is great for only about 20 hours a week and the pay is decent at $12/h. The management could be better and a little more open when they decide to change things on the fly. Overall a pretty good work plaace. My only complaint or the few hours outside of holiday.
Job Duties
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2017
Amazon is a job where you are on your feet all day, everyday. The workplace was very busy during the day, everyone is moving around. The hardest part of the job is that you have very little breaks for a long hard day at work. The enjoyable part was competing and scanning most of the items.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
short breaks
Enviroment
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAFebruary 24, 2017
Amazon is a decent place of employment. They have 3 different shifts to choose from and they are big on safety. Their is room for advancement here and they have good benefits.
Pros
advancement opportunities
Cons
mandatory overtime does not work for a student

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.

74%