Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Found 10,438 reviews matching the search
Great place to work at!
Part time Associate (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 28, 2017
There are so many benefits to working here. No place is perfect, but it's a great place to build work ethic. Management treats us good. The environment was really good to work in. The most enjoyable part is the people you work with. Forming bonds and doing good for people. Hardest part of the job is the craziness of peak and doing repetitive tasks for over a year. Learned to always keep yourself busy doing something. Listen to the women. Listen to the people on the ground, they know whats going on.
Pros
Gifts, good environment, good management
Cons
Short breaks
Ok work place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 28, 2017
Had a great experience working there but something's do need to be changed in order to keep there workers happy and make there business a lot more successful than what they already are.
long walks to other work areas
Item Processor (Former Employee) –  Fernley, NVApril 28, 2017
i had fun working for amazon.com but there were times i didnt like working there like depending on what area i was working in when it was break time i would walk to my car by the time i got to my car break was over
Tough place to get promoted
Trainer- Learning Department (Current Employee) –  Cayce, SCApril 28, 2017
Tough place to get promoted internally. Most of the Tier 3 do more work than the managers and get paid a much lower salary. Peak season is brutal - It is not worth the OT money
It's ok
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 28, 2017
The hours suck but the pay and benefits are decent. If you can physically handle the work you'll be fine but a lot of people ware our withing the first year or so.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours
Amazon Fresh Part Time
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CA 92401April 28, 2017
Working at Amazon Fresh is still fast paced but the supervisors and managers are more considerate when it comes to their workers. They try their best to make working fun by setting up raffles once in a while, especially on holidays and even set up fun competitions to win prizes. One issue involved mandatory overtime which simply meant work days that were not originally on your schedule affecting those that had other jobs or school. If overtime was stated to be on that same day , it wouldn't have been such a problem for a few. Other than that, working at Amazon was not so bad! Running around picking and labeling was like an exercise routine and the more days you picked, the better and faster your rate would go and the more recognition you'd get!
Pros
Recognition, Prizes/Activities, Burning Calories
Cons
Mandatory "Overtime"
Disrespectful
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Haslet, TXApril 28, 2017
The environment at this workplace is a bunch of managers right out of college who act like they want to know ideas from more experienced people but never listen. They lie to get you to work different schedules. The online hub is a travesty of web development that makes no sense considering the company started out online and yet can't keep their own hub working properly. It ends up firing people on default and not fixing it. With all my experience they never let me move up to any type of position like a forklift operator.
Pros
Money, hours(sometimes), some of your fellow employess.
Cons
Everything else.
Dog friendly & infinite room for professional development
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 28, 2017
Great place to learn about a myriad of industries which promotes internal transfers to different teams and departments. In the heart of Seattle, one is close to lots of great culture, two mountain ranges and the ocean which all offer an endless supply of outdoor activities.
typical workday
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJApril 28, 2017
typical day is going in to work and lifting boxes and putting the boxes in the correct area, alphabetical order. The boxes are a little bit heavy, requires team work. To request overtime, have to do it on computer, and some days who cant find to fit into schedule
Pros
enviroment
Cons
short breaks
HardWork and very tiring
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAApril 28, 2017
I did not like this Job because it interfered with my scoliosis and this job was always tiring. this job has to do with a lot of heavy things and your always on your feet and its a very boring job.
Hard work not fun
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEApril 28, 2017
The money is definitely there for whomever wants to work for it. Wouldn't Advise anyone who still would seek a personal life. This job has 12hr shifts no windows, no talking, no music, no phone usage allowed, two 10min breaks and a lunch.
Pros
LOTS OF MONEY TO BE MADE
Cons
YOUR PERSONAL LIFE IS OVER
Calm Place to work.
Inventory Receiver (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAApril 28, 2017
Everyday began with the entire shift participating in a stretch before we head to our stations, at our stations we received pallets for us to break down, count and place the counted items in totes.
Pros
Pay was good for the work that was required.
Cons
When it was slow they sent you home no pay.
A lot work
Case Receive/ shipping (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAApril 28, 2017
It was great experience . I work for ship and receive. There a lot people you have to be comfortable with noise people , fast . I'm good at it . You learn a lot stuff about people order , pack , meet new people
Pros
Over
Cons
Short break
Worker Bee
FC Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 28, 2017
Scan packages to pallets, wrapping pallets, and moving boxes. It's an interesting place to work if you are trying to make ends meet but don't expect to advance too far.
Productive and fun place to work
Process Assistant (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAApril 28, 2017
Fun place to work with good benefits. A bit stressful day to day due to strict and demanding job functions depending on where you're working but all in all a fun and productive place to work.
Benefits
Cons
Policies
Fun place
Stowe Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAApril 28, 2017
I loved working at Amazon ONT 6. It was an awesome workout, and I met some really nice people made friends that I will never forget. The breaks seemed really short though, but the fun we had made up for that. Over all it was an awesome experience, and I should have stayed. I moved up really fast as well.
Pros
Management, co-workers, beneifits, incentives
Cons
Breaks seemed real short
productive and fun work place and always busy
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAApril 28, 2017
Packer: Amazon is a good job to work at and have so many things to offer you an you always have a smile on your face and get to know your co worker an enjoy working with them and the team,
Great work at home opportunity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 28, 2017
Great company as long as you don't have technical issues. As all places, it depends on the management you get. Customers can be challenging. Training is a little different than most companies. Overall, I highly recommend them.
Pros
Discounts, Good breaks, customers can make your day better
Cons
management needs more training, customers can be very rude
productive and fun workplace
Picker (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INApril 28, 2017
A typical day at work is picking the items that the customers ordered and make sure that the items get picked in time so that the customer can receive their merchandise. The workplace is very fast paced and there is always work that needs to be done. The hardest part of the job is the long hours I have to work, and living a little over an hour away from my job. The most enjoyable part of my job is the rewards you get from working hard throughout the day; such as getting amazon bucks, vendor coins, and etc.
Quick paced
Bin Consolidation, Team Leader, MORAL BOOSTER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 28, 2017
Easy to get your foot in the door, but can be cut throat to keep it there... getting noticed is easy but getting recognition in a company with a growth rate like Amazon and you get left in the dust.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.