Amazon.com Employee Reviews in United States

Found 6,342 reviews matching the search
No Good
Out Bound Picker (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 28, 2016
Communication with Hr is no good, and management sucks, it is all younger adults that never had a job, and there is a lot of favoritism with their friends.
Benefits
Cons
Work environment
Along periods of time on your feet but the pay is good
Packer (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAMay 27, 2016
My experience at Amazon was a good experience. A typical day at work for me is walking in at 6:00am, I clock in at 6:30am and then begin my work until its break time. We all get 15 minutes a break and get 3 depending if you finish your job giving to you. After my breaks I like to finish the day off strong complete as many assignments I can and clock out at 5:30pm. I learn that I can stand on my feet for long long periods of time. Me and my co-workers were cool never had any conflict or disagrees with them. The hardest part of this job is standing on your feet for long periods of time. The most thing i enjoyed about this job was the breaks cause everyone in my section that I became friend with would take a break and we would all just chill and enjoy are 15 minute breaks.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Short breaks
RE: It takes only one leader to ruini such a great company of positive people!
Sr. Technical Recruiter (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 27, 2016
I had a manager that hired me that was dynamic and intelligent but the person I report to is very demanding so it only takes one person to ruin it for such a great company. I worked so hard, and I was a producer but this person us jealous of my success so it is time to move on. It is a shame because I really like everyone there but she is holding me back from moving into other teams.
Pros
Innovative people
Cons
Micro-Managing Insecure Manager
amazon was okay, but it was very demanding but the pay is good.
Virginia- Stower (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAMay 27, 2016
amazon is good. I think that they should come up with a better way to pick out the hard working inbound workers and give them higher positions inthe company but over all amazon is a great company.
Pros
pay
Cons
breaks
It Fun at times
Process Guide (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 27, 2016
The management at FTW1 is dull at best and very unprofessional. The people there will start drama with anyone and i ended up seeing seeing the warehouse as high school all over again.
Great environment to work in for the most part.
Fulfillment Center Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 27, 2016
I haven't had much to complain about while working here, so far. The biggest problem I have is the lack of hours available at the part-time level. Other than that, the management is pretty good and the work isn't very grueling.
Pros
Cool people to work with, the job is pretty easy, nice environement
Cons
Short breaks, easy work, but a lot of processes, not many hours
Not the best place to work
Packer (Current Employee) –  Lewisberry, PAMay 27, 2016
They don't treat you the best. They treat you like workhorses and then will write you up for missing rate but just 1%. They just go around staring at a computer as for management.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, they heckle you.
repetitive, simple, good paying job
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 26, 2016
A typical day working at Amazon is simple and repetitive work for long hours through the day. What you learn working here is how a warehouse system operates. You also learn several different warehouse jobs as well. Everyone is well versatile working there. The management at Amazon is well organized and are willing to help you as best as they can. There are some co-workers there where you can make some friends but most of the time you are isolated and being by yourself. The hardest part of the job is just dealing with the very long hours they give you from 10 hours to 14 hours of work. The most enjoyable part of this job is the money you can make.
Pros
pay is good, you get benefits quick
Cons
working with school schedules
Fast paced environment and a very beneficial place to work
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNMay 26, 2016
Everyday was the same thing but we got rewarded for our hard work and the management team helped out a lot. Mostly all the workers there are friendly and very willing to help out with anything someone needs. The worst part about the day was the second half of our shift when didn't have all the items we needed to ship out but the success felt great once we got everything shipped out.
great job i ever had
Stower (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 26, 2016
great atmosphere never a dull moment at work. the people at work always had positive attitudes, there was also a constant flow of work everyday
Pros
everything was great
Cons
no problems
It is enjoyable to work
FC Associate (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 26, 2016
The paid and hours is stable. It is very easily job but hard part is have keep rate score to 100 percent every week. It is large place, You will have walk a lot maybe up to 12 miles a day for 10 hours a day.
Pros
Good paid
Cons
Rate. You can get laid off easily and lot of walk.
Fun great people and great work culture.
Forklift operator/Inbound Receiver (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 26, 2016
Amazon is a great place to work if your looking for something stable and compensation is good for an entry level job. opportunity for career advancement and lots of enjoyable job roles. management is effective and reliable. Fun people to work with. the most difficult part of this job is repetitive actions and hours per day 10 hour shift's or 11 when on overtime. best part of this job is you wont be bored and the teamwork you will find working here creates a truly motivating work place.
Pros
fun & challenging
Cons
work load can be high & MOT
Good
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJMay 26, 2016
GREAT WORK PLACE. I receive useful and constructive feedback from my manager. Teamwork is encouraged and practiced in this organization. We constantly look for ways to improve our services. I receive the training I need to do my job well.........My job does not cause unreasonable amounts of stress in my life.
Hard working fast pace environment.
Packer/Slam/Problem-Solver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 26, 2016
Packing costumers orders, making rate and exceeding rate. Number one packer. Made friends with the other top packers on the floor. Many Positive documentations. Was trained to Problem Solve for all the hard work which was recognized by Managers. Only 1 out of 5 trainees to fully understand and work independently as a Problem Solver.
Management had favorites. Uncomfortable work environment.
The hardest part of the day was those last minute items that need to be shipped out and managers trusted me to get the job done. Also, problem solving on a busy day, those last minute items that came up was the most stressing and fun part of the day. The last minute thrill and getting to know other hard workers like myself was fun.
Pros
Employee discount. 6 Month raises.
Cons
Manager's favorites. Uncomfortable work environment.
Productive and challenging
Picker (Current Employee) –  Whitestown, INMay 26, 2016
Typical day at work: Walking 15 - 20 miles a day in this warehouse, picking items from several different mods. The requirement is picking 125 units per hour, but I average 172 picks per hour.

What I have learned: I have learned how to have endurance and accept any challenges that have come my way.

Management: I have worked at three different locations and have seen a high number of managers come and go. I've seen how each operated and I could do that job if given an opportunity.

My co-workers: The majority of my co-workers don't have the drive or desire to be the best they can be. There are a select few that like to challenge me in having the most picks throughout any given day.

The hardest part of my job: Maintaining endurance throughout a ten hour shift. Another challenge is working through the barriers when stowers are in the same mod as I am.

The most enjoyable part of the job: I make it a game to better myself throughout the day. I check the leader board throughout the day to see where I rank and give it my all.
Pros
incentives such as Hall Of Fame and vendor coins
Cons
short breaks and ten hour shifts
easy going but hard work
FULFILLMENT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIMay 26, 2016
Fun work place nice people and video games available during break times. help along the way, if needed. always something new to learn and things to do.
if you like fast past enviroment this a great and fun place to work
Amazon Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Dinwiddie, VAMay 26, 2016
working at amazon is pretty normal some days if they need you in other areas of the building and you've been trained they will send you there to work. its gets pretty hot because you're always moving. making rate is pretty easy. the people that work their are pretty nice. will help you with anything. the hardest part is standing up for 10 hour straight. but i did enjoy learning new areas and having the highest rate you could leave early or when it was no work getting off early.
fun workplace
stowed , picked , receiving (Former Employee) –  Charleston, TNMay 26, 2016
this job was fun and had friendly people and fun to get to know.Also it was hard work but learning new things was pretty exciting.
Pros
lunch
Cons
heathcare
Stow
Stower/Picker (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCMay 26, 2016
Could be a better environment, co workers are rude as well as some of the supervisors. Pay could be a little more higher for the type of work that is done. Most enjoyable part was getting off of work and the hardest was the job within itself
not to bad
Process Guide (PG) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTMay 26, 2016
a great place to work and great benefits. management isn't to bad, besides the fact that they treat you like a little kid. the job isn't a hard task

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.