Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Found 7,775 reviews matching the search
Great Benefits but very unorganized
Problem Solver (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CANovember 14, 2016
A typical day at work here is always crazy because they set new rules everyday. I have learned to just suck it up and go with what ever come my way for that day. Management has no clue of whats going on. they are some good and some bad coworkers as every job is going to have. But I'm a people person anyway so I'm not really bothered by anyone. The hardest part of my job is having no good direction and no routine at all, everything is so disorganized. The most enjoyable part is only when i get the opportunity to learn new things,
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No organization
Could be so much better
A number (Former Employee) –  Don,t No WhereNovember 16, 2016
One of the worst places I ever worked. I hate how they treat their employees like a number, HR is the worst ever!! There is really no structure, rules changes everyday, to many kids. Coworkers are awesome, the managers, ops managers don't have degrees in their positions. Managers have to many favorites. You really have to kiss butt to move anywhere or try to learn new positions. This place is nothing but about NUMBERS....
Could be so much better, if only they cared about their employees.
Pros
Meet nice people, benefits & its a job
Cons
Don't care about the employees, no advancement and management and HR are the worse ever
Fast paced organization that cross train employees on all levels.
Warehouse Associate and Ambassador (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MANovember 3, 2016
Amazon is a great company to work for. If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment without supervision; this is the company for you. It is a good company. They give great incentives, especially; during the holiday. They practice good safety standards for a warehouse. The best thus far. State of the Art facility and equipment. The company is growing and expanding more and more. An excellent opportunity to learn more about the fulfillment industry.
Pros
Lunches, Gifts, Cross training and more.
Cons
Not enough hours
Its a hard, there way or the high way workplace. With a ping pong table but only a 10min break or youre fired.
Stow (Former Employee) –  Middletown, DENovember 10, 2016
Amazon is a job with great positives that rope you in. They have awesome pay, with minimal requirements. As well as immediate benefits and plenty of overtime. Which is perfect for seasonal workers. But when you are looking to advance you realize the dirty game Amazon plays.

Incentives and bonuses are not give, after working so hard to be earned. The stress, from the condition of the environment you work in, combats the mental/physical stress of doing the work at benchmark. There is absolutely no kind of job security. The job just take more from you then you'll ever recieve.
Pros
Fast start
Cons
Slave labor
Modern day slavery, incarceration
Inbound (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 19, 2016
Everything about this place reminds of prison, from the orange vest they make you wear, to the safety line you have to walk in, to the constantly working on your feet. Your not being paid to think just work. Supervisors always on your back, similar to a Corrections Officer. Your hard work gets unnoticed so don't try and give 110%, try 65% instead. Work is extremely easy but boring. It's hard to get fired, you pretty much fire yourself by constantly being late or not showing up for work
Pros
Benefits and benefits only
Cons
Poor management, your just another number, pay
Very productive, Physical and Demanding Position
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 10, 2016
I enjoy my position. Fun working atmosphere with great Supervisors. Great benefits. Hands on supervision.

My typical day at work begins with a stand up procedure to receive all updated announcements. Work starts out with clocking in to your computer and getting the products ready to Prep...e.g., bagging, taping, bubble wrap, etc.

Hardest part of the job is standing on your feet for 10 or 11 hours a shift.

Most enjoyable is sitting down at break and lunch. Resting your feet as much as possible. Sharing important information with each co-worker to be sure the job process is successful.
Pros
Bonus each month.
Cons
Need longer lunch time for resting time.
i want to become permanent
Dock Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VANovember 6, 2016
I wanted to make permanent but has worked there during peak season. It seems like management should know a good worker to refer.

i enjoyed working on the dock and even got told by the supervisors that they like my work ethics at work .

hardest part was lifting things too heavy or finding out who pulled the e brake to rest the whole conveyor belt for the dock

I enjoyed working with my co workers who were willing to work with you and the bosses loved that i would always be willing to help and to learn new work task.
Pros
great worker
Cons
not picked due to outstanding work ethics
Work for home
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAOctober 30, 2016
I work from home so I am able to have a very flexible schedule and I love that. I actually miss the face to face contact with customers but my overall day is amazing. My management team is awesome and my virtual co-workers is amazing. The hardest part of my job is at times knowing that a customer wasn't able to get their package on time when they really needed if for a special occasion. I really enjoy helping the customers at the end of the day when I am able to help the customer smile by the end of the call I have done my job well.
Pros
Pros working from home no traffic
Cons
Miss the face to face with customers
Nice pay incenitives
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYNovember 8, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of safety checks, start meetings about company numbers and progress. I've learned how to work in a fasted pace production environment, I learned data entry skills,shipping and receiving skills and also I learned how to be proactive in going above and beyond (safely) the call of duty. I like the management because of their experience to teach and provide incite. The hardest part of a job for me was being in an environment where I'm not able to grow. The most enjoyable part of a job would be the people that I worked with which made the time go by fast.
Pros
The company would cook its employees dinner on major holidays
Cons
Short breaks, too many long mandatory hours
serious work
Packer/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Whitestown, INNovember 18, 2016
Amazon is a very cultural work place its fun to meet different employees from all over the world. Management and everything about the place is very organized very well.In order to work at amazon you have to be able to work hard and work long shifts daily. The hardest part of the job is the parking lot having patience with the long traffic that comes with working at a very large building. I've learned how to stay focus for a long period of time, how to talk to be people who knows little English, how to act under pressure, and how to be a hard working employee.

Want to know more about Amazon.com?

Ask a question
Enjoyable; Fast Paced; However Harassment
Pack Complete (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 15, 2016
Loved, loved loved my job at Amazon and was more than thrilled to go in. However the men working there are all a bunch of horndogs without a clue. They dont mind to do as they please and grope you at any given point. Management never done a thing to help. Other than the pig like men, its extremely enjoyable, fast paced and a very friendly/diverse environment. Plus SO many benefits and great time off plan!
Pros
Fast Paced, Easy, Fun, Friendly, Diverse
Cons
Men are D-Bags, Management isnt the best
Cheaters paradise
Picker (Former Employee) –  Charlston, tnNovember 21, 2016
There is absolutely no supervision. They can't keep employees because their rate is too low, the main reason being that employees are too busy socializing and flirting with each other to care. Employees are having "relations" in their cars, married and single alike. Safety is also not a concern. There is a lot of horseplay going on. Employees locking wheels on a co-workers cart, taping up the wheels, sticking their feet under a passing coworkers cart's wheels, etc. The employees don't go to work to perform their duties, they go for other reasons. Some employees don't care about the work as much as the at work social life they have, and as a result, merchindise gets damaged.
Software Development Engineer Intern
Software Development Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 18, 2016
• Working on Software Development in Digital Software and Video Games Platform.
• Created Auditing System which is a real time expert system implementing business rules. It was required for predictive maintenance and process validation.
• Created a Rules Engine to fire and execute rules and perform required fixations as predictive maintenance.
• Designed the application on Service Oriented Architecture, created services and used Guice Dependency Injection for the faster instantiation and execution of services.
good place to work, but little to no chance for advancement of seasonal
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 2, 2016
Amazon can be a great place to work, they are understanding if you have a family to care for. They do many events for the employees to make things fun,but if you are a seasonal employee your chances of being hired on permanently can be very slim. with the good , and the bad it's still a good place to work.
Pros
understanding supervisors, many events, good atmosphere
Cons
low permanent hire chances
Find other place to work at
Stower (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 2, 2016
U can work really hard for this company and if u mess up just a lil they we let u go really fast, they say they care about u but they really don't. all they care about is numbers not the people who works hard. ask anybody there about break time, u only get really is a 9-10 min. break for a 10-11 hr days they r crazy. it takes u 2-3 walk to the break room and 2-3 walk back u do the math. to many managers telling u what to do. These workers need to get paid more at Amazon.!!! Walmart's warehouse get's better pay, lot's of people here left Amazon to Walmart to better them self. U go to work each day thinking em i getting fired today, not fun
Benefits
Cons
Pay needs work
Hit and Miss
Ambassador, (Current Employee) –  Sumner, Dupont, and KentNovember 3, 2016
There's very little work life balance for most people who want to move up, and the managers are constantly changed around between buildings and departments. In order to move up there's a huge barrier to entry level advancement as Amazon needs base labor, so the majority of folks who start at T1 end at T1. That said, there's a lot of opportunity to grow within your area, and if you're seen as a leader you can become an Ambassador.
Pros
Great teams, fast paced, dynamic work eviornment
Cons
Extremely high stress
Basics of working at amazon
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WINovember 3, 2016
It was a decent place to work for. Working there is good way to lose weight. The amount of work they expect you to do vs the amount of pay they give you isn't totally worth it. They give you a monthly bonus based on the whole builds productivity instead of your own personal productivity which is not right in my opinion. If you place 2 pieces of product into a wrong bin out of 5,000 plus you do a day they will give you a big lecture on how you are doing a bad job and need to do better or you will get a write up.
Pros
Food trucks, three day weekends, health care benefits
Cons
They care less about the workers and more about the quality/quantity that happens
Hate the company and to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Dunstable LutonNovember 5, 2016
Don't treat British people nice , rude,nasty attitude have no respect when it comes to their employees where I suffered from anxiety and it isn't a nice place to work where they were pressuring people to keep to speed with targets and productivity which is a form of bullying and punishing the sick people too money too bad

Warn people who to apply for this could happen to yourselves
Pros
Free vending machine
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, rude and nasty staff, unorganised of a team
production goals has to be met shipping , packing , and storing in timely matter so customers can receive them
Kiva tech (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 4, 2016
Great benefits after 1 year mark , manangent needs a little work.very fast pace and they don't have any problem getting rid of you , your always walking on egg shells , you only have a certain amount of time you can take off, you get personal like 40hrs (4 days) ,80 (8 days) and vacation accruing 1.35 days every 2 weeks for a year(32 hrs)-3 days and 2hours mandatory OT could be called 12hrs before a shift suddenly usually 4 day shifts on 5 with overtime .
Benefits
Cons
Long shifts, short breaks
The hardest part was the management.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 5, 2016
I learned how to operate the reach truck, PR, PC, clamp and tugger after over a year of employment although I requested it constantly. They constantly move you around to other departments that you are not very good in instead of cross training other employees so that there is a rotation instead of the same people always being sent elsewhere. Favoritism was a major problem there.
Pros
Learning other equipment
Cons
People driving machines who were constantly crashing into stuff