Amazon.com
3,690 reviews

Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Awesome
Market Manager (Current Employee), Inland Empire, CAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Good Pay
Cons: None
Great Place to work, love my co-workers, great management, no micro managing, great growth, and love the business trips.
Exciting place to work
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits
A typical day consist of preparing for the day by going over the projected inventory numbers for the day. Along with getting mental and physical readiness.
great
Stower (Former Employee), Cayce, SCJuly 29, 2015
Pros: flexible schedules
i love working at Amazon. the people were nice & the environment was very professional & easy going. i learned more organization ideas.
Physical job
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), BFI5July 29, 2015
Pros: Work environment fun and challenging, they provide the personal protective gear needed to perform our job functions.
Cons: The lack of paid benefits.
The typical day of work at Amazon is rarely typical. The consistent is the fact that we always start work at the same time, beyond that you need to be flexible. The length of the work day depends on the timely arrival of trucks bringing the packages we process each shift. The job function you perform can change during the four/five hour shift, from scanning packages and building pallets, to splitting packages to the proper lane, to preparing pallets for final shipment. Management works hard to keep the work flow even so the maximum number of packages can be processed during each shift. The most enjoyable part of this job is creating the best pallet possible and being informed that your pallets are good by the PIT drivers.
Great benefits. Stressful environment
Amazonian Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee), Ruskin, FLJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Environment
The benefits were great. The pay was pretty good. The environment was very stressful. They expect you to do 5 things at once while they watch. Coworkers were great.
One of the best companies in the world
Multiple roles in Corporate Retail (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 28, 2015
Amazon is one of the best companies in the world. #27 on the Fortune 500, #4 in the Most Admired Companies, constantly the #1 or #2 company in the world for customer service and innovation.

I loved working at Amazon. Almost everyone within corporate Amazon ranks in the top 1-2% in terms of raw intellectual horsepower, and in the top 1-2% in terms of drive. Or else they don't last for very many years.

At Amazon, you have the opportunity to do really big things that change the ways that hundreds of millions of customers discover, learn, buy, engage, interact, etc. There is really no limit to what you can invent there, or how big you can think.

On the other hand, Amazon will suck up your entire life, if you let it. It's easy to find yourself working 80-100 hours per week. Sometimes the pressure to perform and deliver vs goals is excruciating.
okay
Picker (Former Employee), Hebron, KYJuly 28, 2015
walked around picking items and sending down the line. thats pretty much all i did for 10 hours a day 4 days a week. everything else was great.
Work Hard, Have Fun and Make History
Risk Analyst (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 28, 2015
This was my first job and it gave me a positive vibe towards the corporate culture. The 14 Amazon principles which act as a role model of each employee is truly bliss. I enjoyed working with on of the fortune 100 companies and so called a retail king in the present world. I worked hard, had fun and someday hoping that history will be made.
Quality Entry-Mid Level job
Digital Customer Service Associate and Team Lead (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Supportive management, decent benefits
Cons: low salary, constant change, difficult to advance
I enjoyed working for Amazon for the first couple years despite having a salary well below my education and experience. Constant changes in policy and work practices made development and advancement difficult. I had the opportunity to work from home which compensated for the cons of the job enough that I stuck with a temporary job outside my usual field for a few years.
In need of communication improvment
Teir I Associate (Former Employee), Breinigsville, PAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: prize oriented work competitions, holiday events
Cons: poor interdepartmental and manager to associate communication
You go through security and clock in, making sure not to take any personal items, like a cell phone or a recording device, along with you or you will have security issues coming back out. Then, there is a "stand up" meeting, where your supervisor takes questions, and relays daily information, and important changes. After a quick optional stretch, you start your day in whatever department your in. Depending on how many departments you are trained in you could be sent anywhere throughout the day. You clock out for lunch and at the end of the day.
I learned here how to pace myself in a 10 hour work day, where I could end up walking over 40 miles on just an average day. I found out that, while very often important messages won't be sent between managers and supervisors (and often lost at HR), some of the managers who work there are the hardest working people I've met in a long time. I learned how to Pack, Pick, Stow, Ship, take inventory with ICQA, Divert, how managerial tasks are planned, and most importantly I learned the difference between working hard and working consistently
The hardest part of the job would be staying on top of a given message, that needs to go through a couple departments, or a couple "chain links" of command, before reaching it's destination. The most enjoyable part is the people. The salt of the earth work at Amazon. They are the elves that pack and ship your Christmas toys, they are lighthearted in the face of enormous work loads, and they are fun to be around.
nice place to work
Product Placement (Former Employee), Lewisberry, PAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: great starting rate
Cons: layoff
this company is great however they start you out as a temp, and then offer full time company positions that not everyone will get.
Great management with good benefits but exhausting
Sorter (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: short breaks, lots of physical labor.
You typically work 10 hour shift with non-stop working with the exception of two 10 minute breaks and one 30 minute lunch. You stretch everyday before starting your shift and after lunch. Lots of walking, bending, twisting and lifting. They will hire anyone. I learned about working in a warehouse environment and the rest is just physical labor. The hardest part was working 3rd shift. The manager I worked with and his team was awesome!
Nice place to work
Associate/Ambassador (Former Employee), Hebron, KYJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Good feedback
Cons: N/A
Amazon.com gave me the opportunity to lunch my career in the United Sates and I am grateful. The Manager I worked with were wonderful especially Naomi .
Management, workforce, and company having no clue what's going on
Amazon Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Compensation and consistent schedule
Cons: Short breakes, Lack of direction and growth, way too much politics
Everyday started with a meeting in which the same thing you heard on the first day is repeated every day you work that week, but none of the actual changes were discussed. You weren't treated as an actual person, you were a number that had other numbers tied to. All red tape and politics, with a very visible glass ceiling for all hourly employees.
Fun and productive, but...
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Kennewick, WAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Safe work environment, good pay, good hours, good benefits
Cons: poor performance management, poor communication
Amazon is a good place to work. I really enjoyed working with my peers and had some good managers. Although, a lot depends on who your manager is and Amazon's performance management system. Also, the higher up you go in the company, the harder it is to stay in managers good graces. There's a lot bureaucracy, so you might get a bad rating due to managers being pressured. Once I started getting bad ratings, it was all I could do to get above it. And when I did, the stigma still followed me like a dark cloud. After 5 plus years, I felt like they didn't want to pay the high wage for my position anymore. Maybe I stayed in the same position for too long. There was talk of the position changing from management and other folks that had been there a while were also let go before me. Amazon said I was let go for poor performance. Specifically, it was related to 20% of my position. If you're thinking of Amazon, be careful. Their performance reviews are really subjective, especially at call centers. I would not recommend staying in a call center leadership position for more than 2-3 years.
Decent place to work and great benefits
Customer Care (Former Employee), Cordele, GAJuly 27, 2015
I worked remotely from home, which is great for someone who likes to be confined to a chair continuously taking phone calls
fun workplace
Packer (Former Employee), chester, VAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: breaks
Cons: long hours, night shift
i learned how the amazon warehouse and shipping works. the management was good, they made sure that we weren't getting bored with the job task by being joyful and outgoing. My co-workers were very diverse and i got a long with everyone. The hardest part about the job was working night shift and the most enjoyable part was the people i was working with.
Get Ready to work...and then work some more
Sales Analyst and Local Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 27, 2015
Great job for a single person willing to give all their social life to Amazon.com. It's a great company but has a very specific vision about what it means to be frugal.
Hard Work
Receiver/Stocker (Current Employee), Plainfield, INJuly 26, 2015
Pros: great insurance
Cons: short breaks
Management doesn't communicate with each other. Some of the people are fun to work with, gets your through the day. The hardest part is knowing that your just a number to the company. The let you know that you can be replaced, only problem is they seem to keep the slackers and the good ones seem to get sick of it and leave. Amcare and HR is a joke.
WORK HERE ONLY IF ABSOLUTELY NCESSARY
Production Line Worker (Former Employee), BUCKEYE,AZJuly 26, 2015
Pros: TH EMPLOYEES
Cons: STNDING, RUSHING, SHORTBREAKS
YOU WILL BE ON YOUR FEET YOUR WHOLE SHIFT. YOU WILL RUSH TO BREAKS AND LUNCH MORE LIKE RUN BECAUSE THE BUILDING IS BIG AND YOU HAVE TO NAVIGATE THROH SECURITY AND THEN IF YOUR LUCKY YOU'LL HAVE ABOUT FIVE MINUTES .

YOU MA NOT LEAN OR SIT OR EAY ANYTHING ON THE FLOOR.
YOU MUST BE VERY FAST AT WHAT YOU DO.

THERE IS NO ENJOYABLE PART OF THIS JOB

1 2 3 4 5

About Amazon.com

Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to – Read more

Amazon.com Salaries