Amazon.com Employee Reviews in United States

Found 6,768 reviews matching the search
horrible
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 25, 2016
no recognition for a self motivated hard workers. pretty much about who you know and not what you know or what you can provide to the company as an individual. been there for over 2 years now, and its very rare to make it that long in this FC.
Good, but tough culture
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 24, 2016
Amazon is a great company with a vibrant, fast-paced culture. Compared to many companies, the level of responsibility and freedom to make decisions, is higher than it would be for equivalent positions elsewhere. Management tends to be an area of weakness, where many times leadership and team-building is de-prioritized over a highly competitive results-driven mindset. This can burn some people out pretty quickly.
Keeps you on your toes!!
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TN 37090July 24, 2016
I enjoy working at Amazon. However, I am having a tough time with the night shift, which runs from 6pm-4:30am. I am a wife, and mother of 3. I am one of the few odd ones, who enjoys all of the walking, and physical aspects of the job.
Pros
Good workout plan! Great HR team, as well as management. Always trying to keep you upbeat.
Cons
Long walk to get from back to front for breaks. Always feel rushed during lunch break.
Supervisor
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 24, 2016
Managed & trained a crew of 95 shipping agents with duties to include daily schedules, nightly goals and procedures. Assessments to ensure orders were prepared for shipment per established estimated contractual intervals for production. Operated electric forklift and pallet jack as needed.
Great perks!
Fulfillment Associate/Problem Solver (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 24, 2016
Upper management was out-of-touch and aloof, but the rest of the staff and experience were positive, I enjoyed working with the sales staff and procuring conventions for the city!
Perfect Job For The Stay At Home Parent
(Customer Service Associate) Reserves (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, WIJuly 23, 2016
I love that I came across this job opportunity when I had. My youngest son had just turned 5 months and I was ready to return back to work but had been worried about leaving my baby so soon. The hiring process went quickly and smoothly, only downside to working from home is you have to travel to complete your I-9 registration.

Once hired and on my first day I began self progressed training, given a "due date" to have everything completed by. Easy as pie. Supervisors make it a point to introduce themselves and answer any and every question one could have.

After you have completed the beginning steps of training you are required to do a session of live calls to get a feel for what you are doing while talking to a customer. Following that is another session of training-then that's it!

The hardest part of the work is getting passed the bad days, not every person you talk to will be the most understanding or forgiving.

The most enjoyable part of the job is frankly in my case not having to leave my house and only working for a few hours a day to just a handful a week. I make my own schedule that works for my family.
Pros
staying at home, helping customers, having interaction with people
Cons
reserve position does not guarantee hours, no benefits included
Great if you dont need to take medical leave
Picker (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJuly 23, 2016
Ok overall great friendships bad managers and even worse hr team and LOA team. agreat if you like standing up for 10+ hours a day.
good benefits /lack of advancement opertunities
Warehouse Associate/trainer/seasonal pa. I (Current Employee) –  Moreno, CAJuly 23, 2016
good job for first job experience,But pace you are expected to keep
could be difficult for older employees,There is no recognition for hard
work and no advancement based on effort.All employees make the same pay regardless of how hard they work or don,t.
The company itself has good benefits ,nice lunch facilities,
management changes a lot,you never know how long you boss
will be there.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
a lot of lazy people, no work ethics
very productive & fast paced
premiere packaging (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 23, 2016
Everyone including myself gets straight to work in their own little area can be frustrating sometimes standing in one spot that's the hardest part but you get use to it with time. What I enjoy the most working at this job is being able to have your own space .
Pros
you work in your own space everyone is helpful and about their work
Cons
its hot sometimes, the break doesnt feel as long, it takes a little to get to the break room due to how big the building is .
Hard to Promote
Problem Solver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 23, 2016
Amazon is good company to work for, but you have to deal with a lot of issues with management. It is hard to get a promotion.
No value
Process Assistant (Lead) (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJuly 23, 2016
Worked here for 2 years, advanced quickly. Now things are changing new management every month seems like. People were just unhappy. Pay was decent, holiday season was good money but a nightmare 60hrs shift during the holidays but easy money. Met some awesome people tho. Only a few managers care about the people and HR was a mess.
Pros
Pay, good people
Cons
Poor management, changes everyday
close to home
Associate (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 22, 2016
Starting off with group meeting; which include any updates that employees should be aware of.
Fast pace
Management is available to talk, has well as HR during the shift.
Self starter
Working overtime on 10 hour work schedule
Positive feedback, awards, group achievements, pizzas party, and fun day with candies,
Pros
when a department has openning within site its announce during group meeting
Cons
Very few transfers between departments and location sites
Nice work place
ICQA Associate (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 22, 2016
The people and work environment was really cool.
the hours were great.
over-time was always offered.
Pros
Overtime, long hours
Cons
Points
job is good for experience
PROBLEM SOLVER (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJuly 22, 2016
the people that work there are easy to get along with but the days are long. the pay at amazon is pretty decent too. but the management chooses favorites to get promotions.
Prductive
Scanner/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJuly 22, 2016
Not fun to work at.
How to scan and move totes properly.
Management did not care for it's employees,nor respects them.
Coworkers were extremely nice and kind.
Hardest part was to scan 100 items in 2 hours every morning and being told you were not scanning enough items on time.
Lunch was the only good part.
Pros
Cons
Facing management
Very informative
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJJuly 22, 2016
Seeking employment that could utilize and maximize my skills and knowledge while also giving me a chance to become part of a team, committing towards the goals of the company.
ok just worries about the numbers
Amazon Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, TNJuly 22, 2016
if you are not liked the do everything they can to get you out. What I mean by liked is being friendly with management they dont care how much you are willing to do if you dont kiss up
Fast paced and very busy.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2016
This job is for someone who is hardworking at is able to work at a fast. As long as your coworkers are doing there part you will have a fairly easy day.
Very physically demanding job
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJuly 21, 2016
The actual job is easy but it is very physically demanding therefore it is a very tiring job. By the time you get home you just want to sleep. It is a 10 hour shift which makes it worse, maybe if it was an 8 hour shift it would make it less stressful. By the end of the day everyone is cranky and drained. Managers come and go so any time you get comfortable with your manager they will either get fired or get moved to different shift, building etc.
Pros
Great benefits package
Tough, eventful, and very demanding.
picker/ coach (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 21, 2016
I worked at Amazon during peak time. Therefore, the job was very physically and mentally demanding. Overall, an easy job if strong willed in being continuously active.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.