A high performing charter school and one of the first established in the state is seeking to fill a Teacher position for the 2013-2014 school year.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree from an accredited university. New York State Teacher Certification is required.
Experience: Teaching experience required. Experience in charter school preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
Demonstrate knowledge of the subjects taught; demonstrate the ability to differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all students, keep clear and organized records i.e., conference logs, attendance, anecdotes and portfolios to document student progress. Prepare students effectively in order to demonstrate optimum performance on standardized tests, promote academic rigor and success for all students. Ability to communicate with parents through conferences and other means to discuss students’ progress and interpret the school program, utilize a variety of appropriate materials and resources. Must have the ability to maintain an organized, structured, and disciplined classroom environment to maximize instruction, maintain an effective system of assessments in the monitoring and planning for student progress
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible.
- Observe and evaluate students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
Job Benefits: We are a United Federation of Teachers (U.F.T.) school. We offer excellent health benefits and retirement plan.
To apply for this position submit the following:
2. Cover letter
3. Respond to this question in the cover letter: Why do I want to work at Amber Charter School?
Please include "Teacher" in the subject line