Ambit Energy Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 24, 2017
I love my job, my bosses, having the ability to help my consultants and expanding the business opportunity for others. The training is ongoing, this ensures everyone delivers accurate information daily. Your Supervisors work with you to help you promote and obtain goals. Ambit Energy is the best place to work in Plano, Tx.
Pros
Management, compensation, atmosphere
Customer Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 12, 2017
This company is focused on being the finest and most-respected retail energy provider in America, offering cost-effective choices for today’s energy consumer.
Pros
na
Cons
na
good support
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2017
this type of company is a pyramid type business so if you dont bring in new people to have under you , you dont move up . the upside is working your own hours and having your own business
Pros
work your own hours
Cons
pyramid sales
Very fun environemnt
National Customer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 5, 2017
Ambit is very willing to work with you to make sure that you succeed at your job. They make the work environment a very fun and inviting place to work.
Flexible Place to Work
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 16, 2017
It is a great place to work. It has excellent culture. People enjoy their job. It has its typical office politics within the departments. Not many advancement opportunities.
Great Company
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  NewjerseyApril 26, 2017
Great Company filled with highly motivated people. Alot of team building is involved and the events are explosive for morale. I would recommend anyone to give it a try
Good Pay, Great culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 10, 2017
pretty good company to work for. I had a great experience working there, the managers are pretty fair to their employees. They offer 2-3 weeks of training.
no growth within company
Consultant Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 29, 2017
no growth within company
supervisors select those they like the most not the ones that are qualified they tend to offer internal jobs to everyone, while they highly encourage those they really want to hire and they choose them
Fun work enviroment
Consultant Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 26, 2017
This company has a lot to offer, from the friendly management to the advancement opportunities. Since it's a new company it has had growing pains but not to say they are bad, the CEO is very family oriented and is all for making the employees feel important.
Pros
employee recognitions
Cons
its a call center no comment
Marketing consultant
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  seventeen statesMarch 23, 2017
Contact possibles consultants or clients. Offer the opportunity to be part of the company as a consultant with all the benefits a consultant can have.
If the possible contact decided not to be part of the company then I explain what they can have as a customer.
As a Marketing Consultant I will face all type of people, and situations. The easy part is to show them a positive attitude and the benefits to change the account will represent.
Hardest part of the job is face the NO's., and the most enjoyable part is every time I can add a new consultant or a new customer to keep me working through my goals.
Pros
own schedule, work from everywhere
Cons
no having an stable salary

Want to know more about Ambit Energy?

Ask a question
Customer service driven
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 19, 2017
Attention to deal and was a very upbeat work environment. Customer service was a huge priority. Ambit Energy wanted every customer to feel like more than a number.
Marketing Consultant
Regional Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMarch 3, 2017
I would be for training in demographic location with proceeds going to immediate town in which you get your training. That would give your home community extra income and more stability for people who are interested in the business.
productive and benefital workspace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2017
enjoyable work enviorment with devirse group that is able to be elaborate with expanding and creating new oppurtunities but build profit and increase sales experience.
Lovely workplace
National Customer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 21, 2017
A typical day is to come in and set up desktop after breakfast during our Morning Meeting we review any changes or updates sent via email. I have learned how to hear someone else by working in this type of environment and the management is like family. We have a diverse group of employees and the hardest part of the job is the fast paced changes. I love this company because it is like working with family.
It's a great place to work at.
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 16, 2017
Its a typical call center job but they really care about its employees. As long as you show up on time almost anything is achievable. I learned a lot about what makes a successful team while working with ambit and it was really a hard thing to leave.
Pros
great people and great atmosphere
Cons
mandatory overtime
Amazing job!
customer care associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 10, 2017
as my first customer service job it was an amazing place to work everyone was sociable and great people. the training was not at all tough. at first the job may seem overwhelming but it truly isn't. I would have stayed at this job permanently but I have financial free goals. All in all i loved this job!
Pros
great call center enviorment, the hours, the benefits, the pay, many promotions
Cons
have to deal with problems that you have no power to do about said problems.
Be wary of contract developer work
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 26, 2017
It really depends on which team you are put on, but in my experience on the the commissions team, the management here is reckless in their approach. You will not be given enough work to saturate your time, but then treated like you aren't doing enough work. You will be told to just do it and not test, but when things fail, you will be blamed. Awful experience, wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
Pay above going rate
Cons
Everything else
Research
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDJanuary 25, 2017
There was nothing in my position that I found overally difficult however gathering customers information: challenging energy usage was maintained.
Productive, fun, and innovative place to work!
Product Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Ambit has an inspiring corporate culture. They make sure that their people are well taken cared of and offer many opportunities for advancement as well as appreciation. If you are dedicated, work hard, and make clear your goals and aspirations, the management team makes sure they give you everything you need to meet your professional and educational goals.
Great atmosphere
Consultant Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 11, 2017
Great call center job. Receive inbound and make outbound calls. Good opportunity to move around to different departments.
Pros
Great opportunity for overtime
Cons
Average benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ambit Energy. Our community is ready to answer.