Ambit Energy Employee Reviews in United States

Customer service representative at Ambit Energy
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 29, 2016
My jobs at work on a daily basis consist of strong communication skills, critical listening skills, solving problems, dealing with payment and billing, and also jobs that were assigned to me solely based on my ability to maneuver through task quickly and diligently.
Pros
The ability to be promoted easily based on hard work.
Cons
early morning schedules every other week.
Marketing representant
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 26, 2016
It's a good company to work for, because it gives your plenty of training and options on how to build our own business. A typical day as a marketing representative is making phone calls to clients and their friends to make appointments.
I have the luxury of working from home and making my own hours. Very similar to being self-employed.
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2016
I have learned to be self-proficient. I love having my own schedule. I get to work when i want to and still make a great amount of money.
Pros
Make my own hours and schedule
Cons
n/a
Experience while working Ambit Energy
New Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 21, 2016
When I first took the position with Ambit, I loved the training class and the organization of the class. However, when I went out on to the call center floor, the environment of this office was not very pleasant.
Excellent Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Media, PAMay 25, 2016
Such a great place to work, friendly and reliable staff. Fast paced, reaching out to customers to see if they were satisfied with their current energy bill term.
Realistic,Productive,Rewarding
Consultant (Current Employee) –  chicagoMay 23, 2016
Working this compant on a typical day it was working on my human resources skills by gain and reaching out to new customers and teaching new consultants the buinsness.My co workers were livley and energetic.The hardest part of the job is keeping eveybody you encounterd in order.the most enjoyable assest is learning everyday and the pay.
Fun high energy company
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 21, 2016
I have worked for Ambit Energy for 2 years and it is a good company. The only thing that bothers me with Ambit is the very high employee turnover.rate. Within my 2 years with this company I have seen so many wonderful people come and go and I am unsure as to why. The company has a wonderful compensation and benefit package. Other than the abnormal high turnover rate I think Ambit is a wonderful company to work for. I would love to be able to stay with this company until I retire but with the turnover rate I am not sure if that is possible but I hope it is because I really like working for this company.
Pros
Pay rate and benefit package
Cons
Turnover rate
You make your own schedule
Sales/customer service (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLApril 9, 2016
You work at your own pace and can have flexibility. It is great that you determine what you make. You work with some really nice people
Pros
You have time to do other things
Cons
Only commission no safety net
Endless Opportunity!!!!!!!
Independent Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 14, 2016
A typical day at work is nothing like what someone would even consider work. YOU are your own boss and create your own work environment by merely sharing information with people for services WE ALL USE DAILY!!!!
Pros
Endless income, more time with family, travel, much training
Cons
must have drive and discipline
Productive and very fast passed environment with team building activities to pass the day.
Inside Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 26, 2016
Patience is something that this job has definitely taught me, knowing that you're there to help the customer no matter if you've had the same situation multiple times that day. The hardest part of my job is telling somebody no when we are unable to assist them, because I know how much I like helping people. My coworkers are a good crowd always upping your energy when you've had a bad call and always giving advice on how to handle to the call differently if they see we are having a difficult time.
Pros
Great atmosphere, never negative. Always having team building activities and company event/outings.
Cons
Far from home.
best company to work for
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2016
refer family/friends to save money or to make mone. I learned how to professionally communicate with everyone. The hardest part of this job is to get people to even look at what I have to offer and to take me serious. The most enjoyable part of this business is the life long friendships that are made.
Pros
only do business when I go out-I dont just go out to do business
Cons
lots of fun stuff for employees
NEW ACCOUNTS REP (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 13, 2016
management team was really good to all employees always made you feel special an appreciated. always had fun activities to break up the performance of work.
Laid back, work at your own pace
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTJanuary 12, 2016
This job consists of how much time I want to put into it. Typically I put a couple hours a week into this. This isn't a full time job by any means. Its a building block for the future and as long as I stick with it, it should be very beneficial financially.
Greeting customers about Ambit
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 11, 2016
I had good experience as a sales consultant. I learned about greeting customers about Ambit Energy, how it can impact a persons' life.
Pros
n/a
Cons
no money earned
Great work/life balance
SENIOR MANAGER EVENTS (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 7, 2015
Open work-environment. Benefits are sub-par for family coverage, but great for employee only. Not busy all the time - need more work, when asked for it, it was frowned upon.
Its sales and commissions which allows me to write my own check.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 29, 2015
I love this job but it is commission and I need something a little more stable. It is part time and I need a full time job to fill in. What I love about this job is that it is not a job but my own business that I build on a part time base.
Pros
Its sales when its good its great.
Cons
Its sales when its slow it hurts.
job
CSR (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 20, 2015
call center very micro manage coworker s very family related style love the team job was very easy training was amazing and benefits
benefits
Cons
micro manage
Summary of my work experience
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 19, 2015
When there is Production push supporting the Production Work
Most Enjoyable part in my work is working in War room
All my co workers worked as team
Cold Calls
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 28, 2015
I sit at my desk calling potential clients asking them to switch from PG&E over to our natural gas . It's not easy to persuade people to save money on there PG&E bills
Pros
It's natural gas
Cons
I don't have any customers
Developing Company
BILLING ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 27, 2015
Inexperienced employees. Great place to develop project management skills. Not enough resources to gain valuable information. Nice culture and work environment