Ambitions Personnel Employee Reviews

Lazy crooks in office
FLT Driver/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newark upon TrentJune 15, 2016
Typical factory works
Assembler
Flt driver
Learn : Always count your cash- constantly been ripped off by the agency;- Especially when did extra hours, got rise, or NMW increased. Once pointed out that my money isn't properly calculated -usually received £3-£5 the following week with pile of "tax" on it. ( Ridiculous). Ambitions do not care for staff only own welfare is important.
Once "Ambitions" teamed up with Job center to wash out accumulated tax money at the end of year,- many people what signed for their courses been ripped off or offered free work experience instead of real job. Been pushed in to this courses twice- no lucky outcomes - people get no certificates - once you'll ask they I'll skrible low standard note instead.
This kind of agency should be seriously tackled and shake from the bottom up.
Pros
Weekly paycheck with miscalculated salary
Cons
No official payed holidays, jobs are temp.
Enjoyable
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  NottinghamJune 7, 2016
A great place to work with supportive management and colleagues. Realistic targets in a thriving environment with encouragement from others. A brilliant place to work.
Very Poor
fff (Former Employee) –  fffJune 20, 2016
Still waiting for the induction, kept back dating it. and now i see they are looking again and have not even asked me if i needed work. Very Poor !!
Enjoyable workplace
Reach Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Newark-on-TrentFebruary 8, 2016
I found that Ambitions staff have no respect for the people who they employ, you are treated like a child and are ripped-off by them paying no overtime-rate and not being paid statutory bank-holidays
Cons
Working conditions and part time
Factory Operative (Former Employee) –  Wisbech, ENGJanuary 16, 2016
The job conditions was perfect. We worked in chicken factory 12 hours 5 or 6 days in week and trip to factory takes about 1.5 hours so we havent free time for rest and It was difficult
do not care about there staff
cleaning operative (Former Employee) –  moy parkDecember 11, 2015
unproffesional rude staff will not let you give your point of view .when challenged they say you have been rude on phone and they then barr you from working for them .
Pros
Cons
rude staff
Is a good job for a start
On-site consultant (Current Employee) –  Newark-on-TrentDecember 12, 2015
This job teaches a lot. You get skilled to solve various situations very quickly. Keeps you constantly going. Most of the staff does really care about every employee.
terrible
fork lift driver (Former Employee) –  WisbechOctober 2, 2015
Terrible agency they send you to factories and when you arrive the staff at the factory don't even know you and send you away home and this kept happening and the days I did manage to get some work they didn't pay me rang to see what had happened and they say ill ring you back and they don't awful agency
Pros
Cons
service noone ever in the office like a manager to speak to
it is ok
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  GranthamNovember 2, 2015
it is ok, could be better, do not feel like I could develop here. would like a change of environment and seek new challenges
Avoid at all cost
process operator (Former Employee) –  Newark-on-TrentNovember 9, 2015
Never again..they promise to give you full time hours then you get a call at 8pm at night saying ya not wanting. Never again..
Pros
Cons
No garreenteed work
agency worker (Current Employee) –  ColchesterNovember 2, 2015
The people at Ambitions Personnel are friendly and helpful. However, as with most agency work, the jobs are not guaranteed.
Productive And fun workplace
General Operative (Former Employee) –  ENGDecember 6, 2013
I enjoyed my time in working for Ambitions Personnel.
I worked at Moy Park in 2013 and I gained experience in Hygiene, High Risk and had Control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH) training. My duties at Moy Park were,switch off the electrics and bag them up, cleaning the machinery with dangerous chemicals/acids, disposing the chicken from the floor, machines and belts. Sanitizing the machines so there ready to be operated ,taking machines apart and putting them back together, cleaning out the drains so they don't get blocked and wash/clean and sanitize the boots for the people who work down high risk.
Pros
cheap lunches
security
security (Former Employee) –  essexJuly 7, 2015
typical day security on a town centre introduced to permanent security staff who seem nice to your face
but however soon as your back is turned are stabbing you in the back and try there utmost to get rid of you
avoid at all costs and don't waste valuable time with these
Pros
Cons
rate of pay
Productive and rewarding working environment
Factory Operative (Current Employee) –  LincolnMay 13, 2013
An average day at Moy Park factory, working for Ambitions Personnel mainly consists of working on factory lines, producing and packaging chicken based food products. This includes a lot of heavy lifting and manual type work so it's a challenging environment, very tiring, very long hours and you end up working many days in a row without a day off. Despite all of these hard parts of the job, I feel like it's a good place to work overall and the pros outweigh the cons.
Pros
a lot of hours available
Cons
no guaranteed days/shifts
good place to work
factory operative (Former Employee) –  Anwick, ENGMay 10, 2015
your job there is not secured, one day there is job for 12hours other day you have day off which might contiune for week. or when they take you to work you might work for 10/15 days in a row
Pros
very good cantine
Cons
cold environment
Useless agency
Potting (Former Employee) –  LONG CLAWSON, Bottesford.September 9, 2014
Wouldn't advise you to work with this agency. They don't give a toss about their workers. But to get any old jack and harry to fill up positions to please their clients.

I arrived at LONG CLAWSON at 8:00am. They kept me waiting until 10am to tell me i was at the wrong site. (Clearly Ambitions and their clients don't communicate effectively.) Waited for a taxi to take me to the other site. Carried out the work as told.(Mind you the supervisor was swearing every 10 minutes.)

Pay day came, discovered I wasn't paid in FULL, not being paid for that entire day. Ambitions said because I was sent to the other site to work, I was not recorded. When i definitely clocked in and clocked out. I first called them on the 15th August 2014, still not solved. After about 5 reminders I called them again this morning. AMBITIONS ruled it off as "THERE'S NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT."

Got a new Job after 2 weeks. Thank God.
Pros
non
Cons
rude staff, unprofessional approach when on phone, lack of liaison with their clients
Friendly environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  GranthamSeptember 29, 2012
Typical day at work was making everyone a tea or coffee before starting work. Then start work downstairs on reception, dealing face to face customers, first point of contact, handling incoming and outgoing calls. Handling incoming and outgoing post, filing, data input, cash handling.
I learnt how to deal with a busy environment, working on my own.
My co-workers were lovely people, all very well looked after.
The hardest part of the job was trying to communicate either through the phone or face to face with people who did not speak very good English.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to work on my own using mu own initiative and considering how busy the office was it was nice when it was laid back.
Pros
hours, never worked weekends.
Cons
getting a long bus journey to get to work.
Very productive workplace.
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  WisbechNovember 15, 2012
I spent most days collecting packs of chicken to put into containers and then be shipped off to various supermarkets, I worked with some really nice people and the management was really good too.
Pros
met some nice people and gained some experience
Cons
worked some unsociable hours
good people good place to work
Temporary employee for Coveris Print and Packaging (Former Employee) –  Wisbech, ENGApril 15, 2015
Completing finishing checks and packaging of products for distribution. Operating forklifts and pallet truck to move materials and products in and out
warehouse Operative/cleaner
Warehouse cleaner (temporary) (Former Employee) –  Grantham, ENGFebruary 25, 2015
Terminate your contract without notice, rude staff on the phone not very helpful good but rubbish work. Sign a guaranteed contract yet didn't complete it avoid!
Pros
good pay, hours
Cons
30 mins lunch, rude staff avoid

2.4