Ambry Genetics is a thriving and fun company that provides molecular diagnostics and biotechnology services. The company is currently located in Aliso Viejo, Orange County, California. Ambry Genetics is one of the leaders of applying cutting-edge technologies in clinical diagnostics.
Roles and responsibilities:
As a Web Developer in the Bioinformatics Department, the person will have the opportunity to work with scientists and programmers in various departments to develop a variety of web tools and programs with the emphasis on presenting and visualizing biological data. This is an amazing opportunity to get in to one of the fastest growing fields in the health care industry.
The candidate must be currently living in USA
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, PHP, MySQL).
- Experience with MVC framework, such as Zend, Kohana, or Symfony
- Knowledge of web standards and browser compatibility issues.
- Highly self-motivated, enthusiastic about science, able to work independently, and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science with at least 3 years of web development experience, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with version control software, such as git
- Experience with software documentation and packaging
- Experience with NoSQL, such as MongoDB or CouchDB.
- Scripting language, such as Python, Perl, or Ruby, etc.
- Scientific background is a plus, such as B.S. in Biology
- Knowledge of web security
Ambry Genetics offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits include health, dental, vision, 401K and 125c. Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and curriculum vitae. Thanks.
Position Type: Bioinformatics Analyst (Next-gen sequencing)
Reference (Job ID number):
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Full Time
Indeed - 21 months ago