AMC LLC Employee Reviews

Great starting company
Leasing Agent/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CASeptember 5, 2017
I enjoyed the work atmosphere and continues opportunity for growth.
I have had the chance to work at many properties managed by AMC, which give you the wide prospective for the different cultures and community dynamics
AMC LLC many positive pros but always some negative to overcome
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 30, 2017
AMC LLC has a lot of positive attributes to the company.
You must be ready to jump in and hit the flooring running.
The atmosphere is fast paced. Be sure you are ready for the challenge.
money is good
Leasing/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 8, 2017
great place to work because you make money of a need people have , so its a guarantee you will make huge bonuses because people are looking for home to live in
Worst management company out there!!!
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 3, 2017
Worst experience of my life- associates are completely brainwashed and ridiculed on a regular basis! They will drain you dry of all motivation and desire to succeed. I know several people that have worked for AMC and then left feeling relieved!
Great Team of People from Management to Investors
LEASING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 23, 2017
My time at AMC LLC was an amazing experience with very great people to work with. From my immediate management to the owners, I was always treated equal, with respect, and my abilities were recognized and appreciated by everyone in the company. I would highly recommend a position with AMC to anyone looking to work in a great environment with every opportunity for advancement, with a great group of people!
Pros
Management always available when needed. Doors are never closed.
Cons
I experienced none
Micro management NOT Property Management
PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 28, 2017
Hmmmm, where to begin? Properties are under staffed, unrealistic expectations, workload is BEYOND ridiculous! Impossible to provide superior customer service, because upper management cuts every corner as it pertains to cost, regardless if the problem poses a potential risk or is a safety concern. Owners and upper management are entirely on two different pages! The company's practices are questionable to say the least! If you are honest, hard working and ethical, its not the place for you!
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Unrealistic expectations! Lack of empowerment, Micro managed!
Productive and fun workplace
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 19, 2017
Productive and fun workplace. I have learned how to complete multiple capital items simultaneously. In addition as a property manager I have learned how to present information to ownership.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Healthcare
Un ethical
Manager (Former Employee) –  AZFebruary 2, 2017
Worst group to work for. High turn over of employees due to horrible management. Do no put yourself through this there are other reputible employers
Pros
You can quit
Cons
Every-thing
AMC -Mountain Shadows Apartments
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  South Salt Lake, UTJanuary 25, 2017
Outstanding! Company to work for their wonderful to their employees, great pay, great team aspect.

My sales skill greatly excelled working for them. Working with residents having that one on one sales experience & interaction time I found was very beneficial to my work skills. AMC Management themselves treat their employees spectacular! If you give a 100% to the company, work hard for them, be the best employee you can be, They really give back to their employees. Base pay plus Commissions, other bonuses. My Assistant Property Manager and Regional Manager- Have been the best bosses I have ever had in any other position I've worked. They go up and beyond for their employees. Hardest part of my job, working every Saturday. Most enjoyable part of my job- daily office work. inbound and outbound calls, emailing future residents, being apart of a team.
Pros
great team. great pay. amazing company to work for!
Cons
working Saturday
The worst company I have ever worked for
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Westmont, ILJanuary 19, 2017
They runs their business off of personal feelings and personal intent. You end up arguing with your residents because AMC is messing them over and then you are arguing with your coworkers. Typically leasing consultant get commissions but they took that away, there is no consistency in the policies, managers pick and chose when to do their I wasted so much time here, I was so stressed here, I was becoming a miserable person. They lie to you like this such a good company, or they tell you it's rough but it will get better. AMC sells lies to their residents and to their employees. Do not waste your time here
Pros
Consecutive days off
Not good.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJanuary 15, 2017
This company likes to get rid of the lower income tenants. Is looking to just make money. Will not work here. Poor management. Forget about working with corporate office0
Pros
Cons
lots
Not a pleasant place to work.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 9, 2017
Micro managed company with overload of work and limited maintenance help. High stress level with the work overload in an over priced apartment complex. Management were bullies and not pleasant to work for. Tenants often dissatisfied with the ability of the managers to supply parts as needed.
Pros
Use of pool and spa
Cons
No health care, short breaks if any, parts supply limited and micro managed.
Great Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  UtahSeptember 4, 2016
I enjoyed my employment with AMC. The biggest drawbacks are costantly doing reports that overlap so kind of redundant and when hired did not know it is year to year contract with owners... They drop AMC you are out of job.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Year to year contract with property owners
Its like highschool, if youre not in the click, youre out!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 25, 2016
There was no typical day at work. You are given unreachable goals and unrealistic rents to try and get. A lot of the properties that AMC has are horrible properties. They dont care about you as an employee. If you arent close or old friends with the regionals, you will never advance there. I worked for amc for over 5 years and was treated horribly when i went to a different state to still work with them. I appreciate them helping me get my foot in the door, but if i knew back then what i know about property management now, I never would have stayed.
I would find somewhere else to work.
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 23, 2016
You'll start out stressed out, and as soon as you get to a place where you can breathe they will just dump more on you. Constantly trying to catch up. Management is a joke. My manager was one of the worst people I've ever worked with and upper management couldn't have cared less. The pay isn't worth what you'll have to deal with daily. Go somewhere else!
Pros
Only pro I can think of were the benefits.
Cons
Management, employee relations, stress, pay.
Great experience
IT Consultantat (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 26, 2016
A typical day would be a client needing help at a home or office and calling in for technical support. If it were a networking, software, or hardware issue our call center would call the tech that was nearest the requested service. I would then report to the scene and help the client with whatever difficulty they were having
All they care about is numbers
Leasing (Former Employee) –  L.ASeptember 16, 2015
AMC is a company that only cares about gossip and numbers. Very poor training if they like you theyll train you. If they dont Good Luck!
Pros
Hours
Cons
Poor Mangement
Great company to work for!
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahFebruary 23, 2015
Loved working here, great communities, great incentives, great company overall! Helpful and friendly people, would work for them again if the circumstance was right.
No room for growth with this company.
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Aurora, IlDecember 26, 2014
It is true the only thing AMC cares about is the closing ratios. I came into the company with no experience and no training. I was touring on my own within a week unaware I needed a leasing license to do so. Corporate and management are not involved and can be tough to get in touch with.They also make a habit to threaten their employees to not pay out their commissions if such and such at the time is not handled. Although I loved the job I hated this company. The discount offered to employees on the apartment is pitiful as well.
Pros
Cons
Work Weekends, Changing Schedule, Management, No discount on Apartments, Changing Commissions.
Fun fast paced office
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CADecember 29, 2013
A typical day at AMC LLC. is busy and never boring. I start my day with posting all our advertisements to ensure we get as many appointments as possible. I take several appointments throughout the day as well as walk ins to tour the property. I enter data into our web based apartment management system throughout the day to ensure all our records are up to date. I constantly respond to emails and phone calls. Whenever there is down time I make sure all of our money is posted and accounted for. I have really learned to multi-task efficiently in this position because there is always more than one thing going on a time. I have to deal with existing residents as well as future residents while making sure all office duties are successfully taken care of. I have also learned how to prepare both daily and weekly reports as well as conduct market surveys in order to be aware of our competition. I wear several hats at this job and I like it that way. I never get bored! Management is helpful and really cares for their employees. My co-workers are great to work with. It's a small office so we work very closely with each other. I think the most difficult part of this job is trying to get as much done as possible in such a short amount of time. There is always more to do even when you think you're done for the day. It really keeps you on your toes. I love that I get to meet new people every day. It really makes coming to work enjoyable and interesting!
Pros
Fast paced, Commissions
Cons
Not enough hours, Location