AMC Networks

AMC Networks Employer Reviews

Strong leadership and a great place to go at a more senior level
Sales Planner - SundanceTV (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: great content, great work/life balance, great benefits
Cons: pay is not as competitive as some other rival companies
Working at AMC Networks has been a fantastic experience for me. I began shortly after the company went public and our success has a company has increased each year following the IPO. Our aquisition of Chello Media will ensure that AMC Networks will be a strong player in the business of content production and distribution in the years to come.

Managers – more... are reasonable and committed to both creating a great environment for work as well as succeeding in each respective department.

AMC Networks is not the largest company so being a smaller player in the marketplace can be a challenge at times, but overall the work/life balance is great and our content is in the same league as any of the top programs in the world. – less
Lacks Diversity
Contract PR Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 26, 2014
Pros: work hours, gain good experiences and exposure, good contract pay
Cons: lacks diversity, poor management, discriminates against older employees
Some upper level executives lack respect for their subordinates and use their position and power to talk down to employees. If your fresh out of college and under 25-30 you stand a change at being hired other than that the networks lacks diversity towards hiring people of color.
A great place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 16, 2014
It was a great place to work; good benefits, flexible schedule.
AMC Networks
Advertising Sales Planner (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 19, 2014
Dedicated to producing quality programming and movie content for more than 30 years, AMC Networks owns and operates several of the most popular and award-winning brands in cable television. AMC, IFC, SundanceTV, WE tv, and IFC Films produce and deliver distinctive, compelling and culturally relevant content that engages audiences across multiple platforms.
Well Rounded Company
Director of Digital Media - IFC TV (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 5, 2014
AMC Networks is a well rounded company and a nice place to work.
Great place to work.
Client Services Coordinator, Scheduler, Librarian (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: special ice cream/snack parties, annual offsite meeting with huge parties afterwards.
Cons: my job being terminated.
I spent 9 years at AMC Networks. I loved it until I got laid off of course. My job however became "Discontinued."
I was able to work at my own pace, Lot's of contact with clients. Providing them with the materials they needed. Everybody was friendly, never any drama.
There were times where I needed to get materials quick, fast and in a hurry and I was – more... always able to come through in a timely manner for them.
Management, however, I feel jumped the gun on the termination of my position. I was the tape librarian and sooner or later most video footage will be in digital file format but they're a ways off. Their decision to discontinue my position, however is their prerogative and I hold no malice. They were always great to work for. – less
Greatfull for giving me an opportunity to learn and grow
Media Management Technician (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: great learning environment, great variety of people, well known/award winning tv programming
Cons: work area has very little light, wish the company had a gym
A typical day at work involves digital file creation, metadata and closed caption creation often for for delivery to internet television programming providers. I am also responsible for the successful completion of tape, DVD and Blu-ray authoring jobs.

While working here I have sharpened my FCP and Avid skills through daily hands-on work. I have learned – more... how to perform frame rate and scan type conversions using Alchemist and Teranex converters in addition to software programs such as Compressor. I have established a solid foundation for metadata creation and I have become skilled with software and hardware that was previously unknown to me (Mac Caption, Sorenson Squeeze, Rhozet, Aspera, etc).

The people here recognize and reward hard work. My current and former bosses at the company encourage learning and my co workers are very patient. Everyone is 100% willing to share their knowledge. Great group of individuals.

The hardest part of the job would be educating clients who may not grasp certain concepts because they do not encounter them every day. The subject matter can be confusing to those who are not immersed in it. At the same time, educating our clients gives us an opportunity to obtain a more masterful grasp on the material and how to teach it.

The part of the job I enjoy the most is stepping out of my comfort zone to take on a job that may be foreign to me and complete it successfully. – less
A great learning experience.
Finance Intern (Former Employee), New York, New YorkJuly 3, 2012
Pros: excellent guidance
Working as a Finance Intern in AMC Networks helped me gain experience and practical exposure to Managerial Accounting, Corporate Finance and Financial Systems. During my tenure as an intern I was involved in introducing and developing financial systems in the organization. I compiled and prepared quarterly supplemental expense detail package and monthly – more... management reports for senior management, performed ad hoc analyses on amortization expense, cash payments for productions, headcount, salary/benefits and ancillary revenue. – less
Perfect sized company
Senior Coordinator, Corp Comm & Marketing (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 27, 2012
AMC Networks is not too big and not too small. There is a lot of room for growth, and everyone is open to meetings.
Best company I have ever worked
Account Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), Bethpage, NYFebruary 14, 2012
Pros: full time
Cons: no cons
Company, place, people - great. Hope in the future come back working for this company.
Very professional
Senior Freelance Editor (Current Employee), Fuse building NY NYDecember 6, 2011
Pros: great work
Cons: schedule
AMC has a relaxed friendly atmosphere. Everyone is professional and focused. There is a clear

About AMC Networks

AMC Networks Inc. has been an innovator in television programming and entertainment for 31 years. AMC Networks (formerly Rainbow – Read more