AMC Networks Employee Reviews in United States

Short but Sweet
Manager, Post-Production (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2015
I was only employed for three months at AMCN but I enjoyed my time there. My colleagues were friendly, professional and helpful. Management was fair and knowledgeable. Benefits and compensation were competitive.
Pros
Decent benefits and compensation, growing programming, friendly atmosphere
Cons
no due diligence with re: to hiring and laying off
Great Exposure
On-Air Promotional Planning Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2015
Great face time with CEO, in at 9 out at 5. Wonderful people to work with and fun exciting environment. Very little mobility to move up, no bonuses, and very little salary increases at the end of the year.
Fun place to work
Executive Senior Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 17, 2016
Long hours but very interesting work. Very creative environment. Anyone wanting to enter broadcast development would be served well working at AMC.
Pros
Great pay
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2016
Great work / life balance with great people to work with. Great experience provided through a number of career opportunities and very open workspace
Strong leadership and a great place to go at a more senior level
Sales Planner - SundanceTV (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2014
Working at AMC Networks has been a fantastic experience for me. I began shortly after the company went public and our success has a company has increased each year following the IPO. Our aquisition of Chello Media will ensure that AMC Networks will be a strong player in the business of content production and distribution in the years to come.

Managers are reasonable and committed to both creating a great environment for work as well as succeeding in each respective department.

AMC Networks is not the largest company so being a smaller player in the marketplace can be a challenge at times, but overall the work/life balance is great and our content is in the same league as any of the top programs in the world.
Pros
great content, great work/life balance, great benefits
Cons
pay is not as competitive as some other rival companies
Excellent work/life balance
On-Air Promotions Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 31, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with passionate people who were committed to their role at the network. I was never afraid to ask questions and ultimately I learned so much from my coworkers. It was also particularly rewarding to work for a television network whose programming I so enjoy.
Pros
free lunches on Fridays, fun environment, decent hours
Cons
lack of mobility, lack of transparency between departments
Thumbs Up - Rewarding If You Put In Time and Take Initiative
Operations Manager - Original Programming (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2015
After having worked at AMC Networks for over 10 years, I can truly say that the company offers a wonderful work environment and the opportunity to use your own initiative to move ahead. Even with over 2500 employees, the company still has a very small business like feel.
Pros
create your own path, excellent benefits and salary, work-life balance, perks
Cons
information not always communicated effectively
Productive high energy work environment
Senior Manager, Media Management & Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2015
I learned that AMCN has many different departments working on multiple projects, and communication must be clear. The management typically has a closed door policy, which is not ideal, but you learn to work around that. The most enjoyable part of the day is collaborating with co-workers.
Pros
Working with great TV content
Cons
health coverage
very exited place to work
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 12, 2015
• Configured and troubleshot desktop, laptops, servers, hardware and software problems.
• Configured and maintained network equipment (Cisco, dell switches and Palo Alto firewall).
• Operated and maintained based telephone system (3com).
• Configured new desktop\laptops using ghost imaging software.
• Upgraded our vCenter Server environment.
• Installed and configured new Dell PowerEdge server for vSphere 5.5 and two Dell datacenter storage, (MD3200), replacing our ESXI 4.0 and migrating existing host.
• Configured and maintained remote solution such as: TS Remote App and VPN.
• Experience troubleshooting VMware virtual machines.
• Implemented Spiceworks helpdesk ticket system.
Strong Brand, great product
Director, Programming and Scheduling (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2016
AMC Networks is a great company with a strong brand via their original series. I have learned a lot of about Media working here.
The Best Place To Work.
Master Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethpage NYAugust 15, 2015
AMC Networks, on hiring, tells you that they are a family. And that is not corporate hocus pocus. During my training every single person I came into contact with was concerned with how my training was going, asked me if I had any questions or concerns. After learning my job I was asked if I also wanted to participate in their library reorganization, on accepting they paid for my train ride to the 34th st Production and Post facility to meet my manager (same day) he was a wonderful gentlemen whom was very flexible with my hours (at that point I was employed in the technical center and in the library)
Pros
Wonderful enviroment and staff.
Cons
long hiring process. Long time to become full time from temp status, internal hiring is very competitive.
Positive
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2016
Overall this place is a positive work environment. Most people will enjoy working here and take pride in the work that they produce.
A great learning experience.
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, New YorkJuly 3, 2012
Working as a Finance Intern in AMC Networks helped me gain experience and practical exposure to Managerial Accounting, Corporate Finance and Financial Systems. During my tenure as an intern I was involved in introducing and developing financial systems in the organization. I compiled and prepared quarterly supplemental expense detail package and monthly management reports for senior management, performed ad hoc analyses on amortization expense, cash payments for productions, headcount, salary/benefits and ancillary revenue.
Pros
excellent guidance
Dont recommend
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 17, 2015
The IT department of AMC is so under staffed. There Support Analyst position consists of 4 fulltime workers and 6 contractors. The full time workers really dont cooperate with the team environment except the managers.
Creative people in a corporate atmosphere
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2015
The experiences will differ depending on what floor and department you are in. The creatives are much more laid back with little accountability, while the business sides are much more corporate. Some floors are open with lots of light, others are more closed and rely on lighting fixtures.
Exciting projects and engaging coworkers
AMC Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 25, 2015
AMC offers exciting projects to work on with some of the most popular programs on television. The company is willing to offer a lot of experience to young, motivated workers. Although it is tough to move up within the company, the experience is invaluable and definitely worth taking if the opportunity presents itself.
A Second Home
EXECUTIVE ASST. TO PRESIDENT OF AMC AD SALES (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2015
AMC Networks is a great place to work. It's fast paced, and the people here are wonderful. The hardest part of my job is coordinating personalities, but the best part of my job are the relationships I've built. A typical day is unpredictable as there are so many changes in the day, but most would be spent coordinating schedules.
Pros
Free Lunches
A great place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2014
It was a great place to work; good benefits, flexible schedule.
Maybe its better now
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2015
It was a very stressful place when I was there. Not a very good work life balance. It may vary from brand to brand. Salaries were lower than what I saw amongst competitive networks
Great place to work.
Client Services Coordinator, Scheduler, Librarian (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2013
I spent 9 years at AMC Networks. I loved it until I got laid off of course. My job however became "Discontinued."
I was able to work at my own pace, Lot's of contact with clients. Providing them with the materials they needed. Everybody was friendly, never any drama.
There were times where I needed to get materials quick, fast and in a hurry and I was always able to come through in a timely manner for them.
Management, however, I feel jumped the gun on the termination of my position. I was the tape librarian and sooner or later most video footage will be in digital file format but they're a ways off. Their decision to discontinue my position, however is their prerogative and I hold no malice. They were always great to work for.
Pros
special ice cream/snack parties, annual offsite meeting with huge parties afterwards.
Cons
my job being terminated.

4.3