AMC Networks Employee Reviews

Nice people if you are comfortable in a corporate environment
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2017
This is a very strict corporate environment -- no working from home or flexible hours. The people are nice though and the culture is friendly. That is all I have to say for now.
Work experience is personal
Prime-Time On-Air Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYApril 7, 2017
I choose not to discuss my prior employer on this site. I did not leave the company on poor terms and wish the company and its employees the most possible success.
Great company- not great for growth
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 12, 2017
Great company. Good benefits, I wish there was more space to move up, but I've had a good experience while here for 3.5 years. I do sometimes wish there was better office morale. It was a great first job out of college.
Very Productive work place manly the people.
Senior Media Management Technician (Former Employee) –  11 Penn PlazaFebruary 14, 2017
Working at AMC NETWORKS was a big learning curve on the production part i have met a lot of good and interesting people with all kinds of skills plus talent that helped me along though out my years.
Being at AMC NETWORKS help me with all kinds of skills with CPU's PC and Mac as well with the equipment that company had provided.
Pros
Having the time to work and pick up technical skills.
Great company to learn and grow within a technical broadcast facility.
On-Air Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYFebruary 11, 2017
Responsible for the daily supervision of approximately 6 national movie networks and 6 regional sports networks and related staff being held accountable for maintaining optimum air quality in a broadcasting & technology facility.
Productive and Technically advanced Enviroment
Broadcast Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2017
Great Place to work. AMC Networks was always evolving technically and as a engineer you got to learn and use the latest hardware and software.
AMC Networks had a friendly atmosphere but could also be hectic at times like with any broadcast network.
Pros
Sometimes free Lunches, friendly atmosphere, high tech
Cons
Sometimes you had to work late but that comes with the industry
Comfortable work environment but stagnant culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2017
The workplace is open and inviting, which is nice. However, the opportunities for advancement are close to none and there seems to be no emphasis on innovation or thinking outside the box
Shellee L. Nelson - Professional AMC Executive Assistant, NYC
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10001November 17, 2016
A typical day for a professional Executive Assistant must be geared around the priorities specified by the Manager/Supervisor. Emails are to be answered promptly. Travel arrangements, Reservations, Car Service and Expense Reports must be treated in a time sensitive manner.

Both previous roles as Executive Assistant were high profile and acted as the "Gatekeeper" to both Managing Directors.

I enjoy what I do for a living and look forward to a new day at the office!

Best,

Shellee Nelso
Pros
Professional Fast Paced Global Work Environment
Software Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2016
It was an excellent experience working at AMC Networks. Management was great and I learned much. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Post Sup. Freelance
Post Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2016
I liked working at AMC. Good people, great shows and the overall support throughout the organization was great. I would advise anyone to work at AMC.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Job stability
Strong Brand, great product
Director, Programming and Scheduling (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2016
AMC Networks is a great company with a strong brand via their original series. I have learned a lot of about Media working here.
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2016
Great work / life balance with great people to work with. Great experience provided through a number of career opportunities and very open workspace
Positive
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2016
Overall this place is a positive work environment. Most people will enjoy working here and take pride in the work that they produce.
Fun place to work
Executive Senior Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 17, 2016
Long hours but very interesting work. Very creative environment. Anyone wanting to enter broadcast development would be served well working at AMC.
Pros
Great pay
Excellent work/life balance
On-Air Promotions Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 31, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with passionate people who were committed to their role at the network. I was never afraid to ask questions and ultimately I learned so much from my coworkers. It was also particularly rewarding to work for a television network whose programming I so enjoy.
Pros
free lunches on Fridays, fun environment, decent hours
Cons
lack of mobility, lack of transparency between departments
Dont recommend
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 17, 2015
The IT department of AMC is so under staffed. There Support Analyst position consists of 4 fulltime workers and 6 contractors. The full time workers really dont cooperate with the team environment except the managers.
Short but Sweet
Manager, Post-Production (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2015
I was only employed for three months at AMCN but I enjoyed my time there. My colleagues were friendly, professional and helpful. Management was fair and knowledgeable. Benefits and compensation were competitive.
Pros
Decent benefits and compensation, growing programming, friendly atmosphere
Cons
no due diligence with re: to hiring and laying off
Creative people in a corporate atmosphere
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2015
The experiences will differ depending on what floor and department you are in. The creatives are much more laid back with little accountability, while the business sides are much more corporate. Some floors are open with lots of light, others are more closed and rely on lighting fixtures.
Productive high energy work environment
Senior Manager, Media Management & Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2015
I learned that AMCN has many different departments working on multiple projects, and communication must be clear. The management typically has a closed door policy, which is not ideal, but you learn to work around that. The most enjoyable part of the day is collaborating with co-workers.
Pros
Working with great TV content
Cons
health coverage
very exited place to work
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 12, 2015
• Configured and troubleshot desktop, laptops, servers, hardware and software problems.
• Configured and maintained network equipment (Cisco, dell switches and Palo Alto firewall).
• Operated and maintained based telephone system (3com).
• Configured new desktop\laptops using ghost imaging software.
• Upgraded our vCenter Server environment.
• Installed and configured new Dell PowerEdge server for vSphere 5.5 and two Dell datacenter storage, (MD3200), replacing our ESXI 4.0 and migrating existing host.
• Configured and maintained remote solution such as: TS Remote App and VPN.
• Experience troubleshooting VMware virtual machines.
• Implemented Spiceworks helpdesk ticket system.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Networks. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2