AMC Theaters Employee Reviews

Found 1,477 reviews matching the search
youll meet your bestfriends
Film crew / Back bar (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CA 90650September 22, 2017
greatest work environment the team was so accepting and worked well as ateam together , at the most stressfull times everyone held it together i learned team work here
Pros
teamwork
It's ok
Film Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 21, 2017
Decent job, super easy! Ideal for students who wanna do part time. The people who work there are super cool, as well as the managers. But the turn over rate is bad, so they're always understaffed.
Stress Free
Cast Leader (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 20, 2017
easy going work environment. management was always able to work around your schedule. youget discount on the food for your break your alsoget to come view the movies for free
Productive and fun
Movie theater crew member (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILSeptember 20, 2017
I liked working at AMC theaters. It was a more calm environment. The people were more fun and relaxed. I was only there for four months (minus my month and a half in the hospital) and they were already speaking of promotion. They were very caring and understanding and if the pay was more I would have definitely stayed but the amount I made wasn't going to help me with any fees that I had to pay. But Overall it was a good job.
Pros
Caring staff and Free Movies
Cons
No Breaks and Low Wages
Terrible
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 20, 2017
Obvious favouritism. If you're not one of the bosses favourites, you get minimal hours (1 shift a week) and get cut, while the faves get 4 shifts a week. Corporate won't do anything about it. Got informed I was being denied a promotion because "We want our managers to be friends outside of work." Treated terribly constantly, management doesn't do anything, the faves get paid for 4 shifts of just sitting chatting with management about random nonsense while 1 person is working a line of about 200 people and gets told that they need to work faster.
Pros
Occasional Free movie
Cons
Oh sweet jesus, where do I begin?
Stressful understaffed workplace
FILM CREW (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNSeptember 19, 2017
the workplace was always under staffed. Management was very slow to come and help out or no help ever came. The work place is filled with angry customers who are hard to satisfy.
Fun job
Film Crew - Box Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COSeptember 18, 2017
This was a part time job in the past. It was busy work, esp during rush hour. For the most part, it was fun, esp seeing returning customers and getting to know them.

There were may difficult customers who complained about the outrageous prices, esp in for concessions, but that's typical.

It was fun while it lasted.
Pros
Free movies & popcorn during breaks, movie posters
Cons
No benefits, cut hours, no competitive pay
Fast paced enviroment with non stop work
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLSeptember 16, 2017
A regular day at work consist of clocking in stocking up concession stand, taking orders from customers, giving them change, making their order and keeping your area clean. If your an usher you have to clean the theaters after all the customers have watched their movie before the next movie starts, keep the lobby cleaned and stocked.
Pros
Fun Place to work
Cons
low pay
I loved working here
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJSeptember 16, 2017
This job is strictly for teenagers and young adults. Working here changed me. I became a people's person. I gained a lot of friends inside and outside of this theater. One of the best benefits of working here is free movies. I would love to work here again only if the pay is better and benefits.
Pros
Free movies and Friendly Environment
Cons
Pay and Benefits
Fun workplace
Film Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILSeptember 15, 2017
I had a good time at AMC. It was definitely a temporary job. I loved my co-workers and management overall was good. It was very competitive and always pushed me to be a better saleswoman.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
short breaks, no hours
Amc
Usher/Concessions (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXSeptember 15, 2017
AMC is a fast paced environment on the weekends, on most weekdays its pretty slow. Various supervisors (about 5). Can be very rude and arrogant. Overall wouldn't work their again.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Your Managers, and the people
Loved this company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2017
AMC was a great career for me from crew level to the highest field position of GM at a large location. Recently the CEO has gone in a new direction and this has resulted in impossible expectations on leaders in the field. Working 60+ hours every week trying to accomplish this has left no personal life balance for the last year. For a motivated leader without children, it is a great ride but if you have kids you hardly see them.
Pros
Bonus opportunity.
Cons
No breaks. Long hours.
fun workplace environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CASeptember 13, 2017
Fun environment to work in, not much room for growth. Pay was much more than minimum wage. Managers weren't very helpful in times of chaos, but overall it was a good job to start at.
worst place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 13, 2017
not paid enough and no benefits, not enough hours, break time was not long enough, management was terrible, to m,uch drama, had to stay late to clean entire thatere because they got rid of janitors
AMC Review
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTSeptember 13, 2017
Great Work environment, horrible benefits, no pay raises for years of effort, poor GM management, but over all great employees. The lobby has gone threw a great advancment.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Low pay and little chance of advancement
Easy but unfair
Crew (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCSeptember 12, 2017
Management clearly had anger issues and was very hard to compromise with. Would indirectly/directly yell at workers either in private or in the open when doing something wrong.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Had to be within an hour of leaving the shift
no benefits
Theatre Crew (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 12, 2017
AMC was a ok job for what it was but we didin't payed for the amount of work we did not to mention mandatory holidays to work with no holiday pay or overtime, but besides that it was a ok part time job if you liked free movies
Pros
free movies
Cons
not payed enoough
Fun
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 11, 2017
Fun for teens/young adults in school. Very flexible with hours and you get to see movies for free. Very fast paced but it gets easier with time. Have to be available 2 weekend days fully
Pros
Free movies, fun events, free drinks and popcorn while working, discounted food while working
Cons
Fast paced, work on weekends, no holidays off, night shifts
Fast paced workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newport, KYSeptember 11, 2017
The atmosphere of AMC is different from when I was employed. It was a strict workplace environment, and has appeared to become more lay back from when I was there.
The hardest part was dealing with customers that were disruptive (ex: cell phones being used while the movie is playing), and under aged individuals that wanted into R rated theaters.
I enjoyed the free movies and movie posters!
Relaxed and slow-paced work enviornment
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 11, 2017
The management at AMC depends on which theater you go to. The theater I worked at over the summer had nice management, however there were severe issues with the internal structures of the company including, but not limited to scheduling, transfers for people moving, payment increases and promotions, and the overall management's lack of knowledge about how the theaters were run. You may not have to wake up that early, but for the amount of work you have to do on a consistent, minimum wage is unacceptable payment.
Pros
Movie discounts, food discounts, health benefits for full time employees
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, lazy employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theaters. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9