AMC Theatres

AMC Theatres Employer Reviews

Okay weekend job
Film Crew (Current Employee), Ontario, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: free movies
This place is an okay place to work for a high school or college student. A typical day depends on what position you were assigned for that day. They tend to bounce you around departments from week to week.
Productive, fast-pace, fun enviorment
Film Crew (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free movie tickets
Cons: readiness of management
A typical day at AMC Theaters is filled with excitement based on the guest that come in and their opinions on the movies and employees.
Throughout my time at AMC I feel that my guest connections have improved. I've also learned to take care of a guest while still handling a guest problem. The management at AMC is fast and efficient but like all people there was need for improvement in some places. The co-workers at AMC honestly make you feel like family. They make the work environment feel like home more than work making the work feel like its second nature.
Blah
Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: fun coworkers, free movies
Cons: no breaks somedays, rude people
There's always something better than this place, but you will find a second family and possible never ending friendships.
Ok place to work at
Supervisor (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 7, 2015
The only thing AMC amazing about this company is the people you will meet and become friends with. It's the best part about the job. Watching films for free anytime is also a great perk lets you catch up on whats great in entertainment. Hardest part of the job would be dealing with guest issues. whether it be positive or negative the job does allow your people skills to develop and of course your leadership skills. Upper management is awful half the time do not stick up for employees, don't notice obvious employee or guest problems, focus on more lesser things, and above all do not know how to connect to the employees below them. AMC is fun to work at unless your a teenager, high schooler, college student or need a secondary job.
Challenging Technologies
NE Division Engineer (Former Employee), Voorhees, NJJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: i grew up in the theatre house business
Cons: division office moved frequently
AMC afforded me the opportunity to not only be exposed to developing technologies, but also exposed me to project management on a nationwide scale.
I thoroughly enjoyed the people I worked with, along with the ability to meet and work along side experts in various fields from every part of the Country.
Fun place to work with cool employees and mangers
FILM CREW (Former Employee), Westbury, NYJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: free movies and popcorn
Cons: dirty work with rude customers
A typical day at work consists of either sweeping and cleaning up theaters your whole shift. Or you would be making popcorn and refilling candy racks and soda bibs all shift. There are alot of nice people you work with who are students and young people. The management was very encouraging of upselling and keeping busy. Its is a nice place to start for young people in need of a job.
ups and downs with this company
Film Crew (Former Employee), Springfield, ILDecember 28, 2014
Pros: free movies and great coworkers
Cons: horrible pay, favoritism, no benefits, no appreciation, and no room for promotion
The theatre is a fun place for people in high school, college, or someone just looking for a secondary job. I worked at the theatre for two years and I have to say it was fun dealing with customers, selling stubs cards, selling food beverages, and cleaning theatres. This job can be fast pace at times which makes the day go by a lot faster. I love going to see free movies with friends and family which was the main reason why I stayed there for a couple of years. I got along with a lot of my coworkers which I eventually became friends with some of them. I was let go (fired) along with 20 other employees which were all for different random reasons that made their turnover rate higher than it was last year. I felt that the managers there favorite certain people and I didn't see it fair at all because people like me and a few other employees who worked hard never get recognize but the people who do less work are the ones getting the most attention. I contribute a lot in helping them win contests for selling over 98 stubs cards in less than 2 months, and selling food beverages which led me into winning constant gift cards. I still felt that getting let go was the best thing for me because I was getting tired of feeling like I was nothing to them and feeling like I wasn't good enough for the company.
very fast paced but fun
Customer Service (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 11, 2014
i really liked working here. definitely had its perks. the most difficult part i would have to say are the hours. sometimes i would find myself leaving there at 3-4 in the morning to be back the next day. you have to be really patient to work here. customers are very demanding when it comes to their tickets and food it is your job to accommodate them accordingly.
Busy workplace with lots of customers
Cashier, Concessionist, Usher (Former Employee), Southfield, MIDecember 7, 2014
Pros: free movies, free beverages and popcorn
Cons: rude customers, lots of cleanup, and hot environment
A typical day basically entails cleaning up behind lazy customers. I learned to be more courteous considerate to people who work at movie theaters. I also learned that movie theaters are a dying industry. Management was very relaxed but sometimes very sloppy and biased. For the most part my co-workers were very nice and helpful, but a handful were lazy and caused problems. The hardest part of the job was quickly cleaning large messy theaters. The most enjoyable part was getting to see the free movies while working and after.
fun job bad manager
Manager (Former Employee), Farmington, MONovember 25, 2014
fun job
good company
bad location
poorly managed
unfair balance within management
Poor upper management lack of empathy for employees
Hourly Manager (Former Employee), Dublin, OHNovember 23, 2014
I absolutely love the whole atmosphere of the movies. I love the smell of popcorn, the hustle and bustle of the crowds, and the amazing effects that can be found in a variety of movies nowadays. However, working for the movie theater was less magical than I had hoped.
AMC offered alot of options to move up in the company, but unfortunately alot of our hardest, most dedicated workers left before promotion was even considered. A less-than empathetic management and poor wages led to discontent among the majority of employees. We were constantly left feeling unappreciated by the managers, who very rarely emphasized any positives, but went out of their way to highlight the negatives. A "good job" or "thank you" was rarely heard. To make matters worse, as the managers made $5.00 an hour extra on holidays, the crew members were forced to work, and received no monetary gain besides their normal hourly rate.
The idea of team work was a joke, and the upper management dismissed any ideas that would encourage the team to work together. Games, raffles, secret santa, a night out as a group, pizza on the weekends, pretty much anything, was determined frivolous.
Fun work environment
Box Office Cashier (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CANovember 19, 2014
Cons: short breaks
Selling tickets or backing up employees on a typical day. What I learned was to work as a team player. Management was more of a laid back type. My co-workers was really friendly great to work with. The hardest part would be when we were short handed at work, The most enjoyable part was the free movies!!
Flexible hours & super easy work
Crew Member (Former Employee), Brooklyn, OhioOctober 13, 2014
Pros: free movies for you and friends and family
Cons: minimum wage, no raises, favoritism towards certain employees
It's an okay place to work until you find something better. This job is ideally for teenagers or someone who's never worked before. There's absolutely no room for advancement unless someone gets fired or quits. One of the supervisors has worked there for nine years and had just became supervisor! Very diverse with races. When you start they train you to do every position ( usher, greeter, box office, concessions). But for some reason no African American people are ever in box office. Never! Also they have favorites and those are the workers who get the most hours every week. ( which is 20-25) if you're not a butt kisser It's very typical that you will get 10 -15 hours a week. Or less! Even if you have a open schedule...Some days supervisors won't even speak unless they have to or you're cool with them.
I good place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Independence, MOOctober 13, 2014
Its fun when it comes to the amazing fun we have and the movies
Fun, Friendly, and quick
Manager of Operations (Former Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 7, 2014
Pros: free movies
Cons: limited advancement oppurtunity
fun place to work with the added benefit of free movies. Culture is one that makes sense for the industry with easy buy in. Limited advancement and challenge
fun place to work having the benifits to watch free movies
Cashier/Admin /Usher/Porter/Greeter (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: discounts on food
Cons: short breaks
i learned how to clean at a faster paste than i was already use to i learned how to cook a couple of things, i also learned how to cooperate with guest the correct way. the hardest part of the job was when the line would be longer than what its suppose to be. the most part of my job that i enjoyed was ushering with my co-worker
great learning experience
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 26, 2014
This was my first job and learned all my customer service and work ethic, values, and skills that I have taken to all companies and excelled in my positions.
Okay work place with unique people
Crew Member (Former Employee), Burlington, WASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free popcorn, drinks, and movies.
Cons: management, staff, unfair, and ruthless supervisors.
The job is typically easy, you know what to do and you simply do it and be on your way. The hard part of the job was dealing with the supervisors and managers not the guests surprisingly. Co-workers would get certain treatment than others, and there was a definite unfairness going on between who does the work.
Good first job for young kids
Team Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee), Hamilton, NJSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: free movies
Cons: low pay
It was a good first job. I learned how to stay calm in stressful situations, especially when working in customer services. I liked getting free movie passes and discounted food. It didn't pay very well though so I just saw it as a stepping stone to something else. I worked with some really great people and made good friends while working there.
JUST NO!
Busser (Current Employee), Edison, NJSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: the bussers are fun:)
Cons: short breaks: management: no pay: hours! they dont care!
It is a negative place to work at. Horrible! No breaks. Managent is terrible! No pay or overpay. No overpay for holidays! The trainees i sometimes train ask me why are people not working and why arent the managers/ supervisors watching?! No guest should come here. Its too pricey. Im the only one nice to the guests besides a few people. what A SHAME!

1 2 3 4 5

About AMC Theatres

AMC Networks is now somewhere over the rainbow. Formerly Rainbow Media Holdings, the company is a leading cable television broadcaster – Read more