AmCad Employee Reviews in United States

Bad
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 1, 2015
One of the worst places I have ever worked at. They forced their H1 developers to come to work on weekends without any compensation. I'm sorry, but it looked like the sole purpose of this organization hiring H1s was to save money.
Business Sold
Director of Production, Managed Services (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILFebruary 21, 2016
My time there was something that I'll forever cherish. Great people, great times. Business sold a few years ago. New owners are fantastic.
Competitive Career path but unstable work environment
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 30, 2014
Worked for Amcad for 1 year and 4 months prior to being laid off. Great company, great people, and had a promising future. But irresponsibility and mismanagement from prior leaders was their downfall. Hopefully, in the near future, the company will continue.
Pros
remote working, salary, benefits
Cons
project planning ability, communication, organization
Easy, fun work environment with friendly staff
Paper Prep (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJune 22, 2015
On a typical day i would get my "box" and start working, I learned how to pace myself in a fast paced job. The managers were very nice and helpful as well as with the co-workers. The hardest part of this job was probably getting paper cuts but i enjoyed the work and with how the workplace flowed.
Pros
the breaks were spaced out perfectly and it made the day go by smooth
Cons
my only dislike in that it was only a temporary job
Temporary work
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Rock Island, ILOctober 9, 2012
A typical work day depends on how much workl we have and when the deadline is. I have learned to about various computer programs and veery quickly. The management isn't quite what I'm use to. They don't check up on peroegg thruout the day. I enjoy working with my co-workers, but sometimes there is a lack of communication. I believe the hardest part is learning the different jobs. The most enjoyable things would have to be break time and the incentive program.
Pros
incentive program
Cons
lack of work
Fun place to be able to move up within
Entry / IT Assistant / Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJanuary 27, 2014
I loved the job while it lasted, due to temp position through temp agency. I was able to move up 3 times in just a few months, by showing what I was capable of. I really enjoyed being recognized for my hard work, and being given more jobs and responsibilities because of my hard work and accuracy.
Productive and fun enviroment
Redactor Trainer (Former Employee) –  Rock Island Arsenal, ILAugust 19, 2013
Besides being laid off every couple of months its a great job, very simple, and everybody is very friendly no matter what.
Pros
a set schedule everday and no weekends
Cons
being laid off frequently
Temp job.
Prepper, then Q&A (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJuly 15, 2012
I worked there as a temp, and both times was let go in less than a week because they were changing how they did something, then they over hired temps.
Good
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 12, 2013
Good
Diiferent tools
Best place to work
Very good team
Excellent team to work with