Amcom Office Systems Employee Reviews

Nice People, free food some times
Equipment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Coraopolis, PA 15108March 30, 2017
I like the people and the management really seeks to keep the group together. The people that I work with are the best part of the job. I like to work hard there.
Dont hold up to any promises and not good training
Na (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 15, 2017
Not a very good Training Program and they don't have time to train you people walking in and interrupting you and have horrible testing with no reviewing they're IT manager very rude
Pros
Cons
Micro manage and low pay horriable training
Great atmosphere and friendly environment but very low pay
Electronic Data Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PAMay 16, 2016
Amcom is a nice place to work and everyone is very friendly. The management is pretty nice and they treat their employees well. Lots of free food often, Christmas parties, lots of small bonuses and perks. They constantly talk about profit and how much they made and how much the employees can help them make more but they continue to greatly underpayment their employees.
Pros
Nice break room, friendly atmosphere, good management, fun place to work
Cons
Very low pay
Just an absolute wonderful place to work
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PAApril 10, 2015
I learned how to work in a warehouse environment while communicating with a network of companies and business'. The people were very friendly and really willing to teach someone how to perform the task they would require.
Pros
the nice enviroment the company has established
Amcom IT Technician
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PAMarch 5, 2015
This was my first real career job as well as my first time working in an office environment. As an IT technician at Amcom Office Systems I was the first person to contact for any internal IT problems. I also was responsible for researching and implementing a variety of IT solutions for the company.

The managers at Amcom were probably some of the best I've ever had the pleasure of working with. They were all very professional and they put a lot of trust in their employees which means a lot to me because I never felt like I had someone watching over my shoulders while I was working. They also liked to cook for us which is always nice!

The co-workers were also a pleasure to be around. With this being my first office job and hearing all the horror stories about office environments I was surprised that none of this applied to Amcom. There were no false smiles in the office, everyone was genuinely nice to each other and I never heard anyone talking about other employees behind their back.

A typical day at work varied depending on how many tickets were in the queue as well as any special projects that needed completing or researched. Sometimes I would spend all day doing tickets while others I was able to spend most of time doing research for one or more projects.

The hardest part of my job was that I had to troubleshoot a wide variety of problems, many of which my education at ITT-Tech didn't adequately prepare me for. That being said the management was very patient with me and told me that a lot of job is learned through experience. Needless to say I spent
  more... a lot of time on Google and talking to the other techs on how to solve some of the more difficult problems.

The most enjoyable part of my job was researching IT solutions for problems that upper management would have. Normally I would have to find 3 solutions with pros and cons for each. This would require me finding and calling up different companies for information which I would then compile into a single Excel spreadsheet which I would then present at the monthly IT meeting.

The whole job was a learning experience. I found out what it was like to work in an office environment along with all the norms and expectations that came with working in that kind of position with that level of responsibility. I learned a wide variety of skills and troubleshooting techniques from completing all those support tickets.

Most importantly I discovered that this kind of job wasn't for me. Looking back on it I don't think I was ready for that kind of position because it requires a level of knowledge and experience that I simply didn't have yet. I also didn't like being cooped up in the office all day. I think that a field tech position would better suit my personality and work style because I would get to work with a variety of different people plus there would be some down time between each job which I could use to unwind and give my brain a break.

Overall I would recommend Amcom Office Systems to anyone who like working in an office environment. As far as the position goes I wouldn't recommend it as a first job right out of college but if you have 1-2 years of experience in the field I'd say give it a go.
Pros
great company, friendly management / co-workers, great benefits, lots of delicious free food
Cons
Same cons as any other office job
empty promises
Copier Technician (Current Employee) –  Coraopolis, PAJune 17, 2014
job description differs from actual duties.
salary increase after review never comes.
overtime not optional
fast paced
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PAJune 8, 2014
Sales Coordinator for AMCOM was my favorite position. I was responsible for the sales force daily schedules. I enjoyed working with the sales team, and the current and potential customers as they called in.
Pros
fast paced, sales force
Cons
downsizng, healthcare benefits
Boring
Marketing and Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PAMay 20, 2014
Interned over the summer and the job was less than exciting. The work was easy, but boring.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amcom Office Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9