Amcor Rigid Plastics Employee Reviews in United States

Very Professional Company with great benefits.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 24, 2016
Great company to work for, with great pay and benefits. Night Shift rotating schedule is a bit hectic. Long 12 hour shifts. Not for everybody but if you can work with schedule this place is great all around.
Pros
compensation.benefits
Cons
Working hours/schedule
The 12 hour shift was good.
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 13, 2016
The 12 hour shift was good 3-4 days off a week. Work was very stressful. Had a lot of annual training. The hardest job I ever had.
Fast working environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAApril 7, 2016
I don't believe that I was at this company long enough to give a proper review. They were a great company to work for, for the short time I was employed there.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Wytheville, VAMarch 2, 2016
It's a great place to work, but too far from my home. Management is great to work with and my peers are a valuable asset to the company.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Too far from my home
Productive place where learning new things happens everyday
Sidel Operator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INFebruary 18, 2016
Daily routines consisted of coming in and doing my bottle checks to make sure machines were running well and production was set to correct specifications for the given job. I would use a fork lift to fill a hopper filled with the correct preforms and perform maintenance when needed. Management were very respectful and helpful and the coworkers were just as informative when it came to learning something new. The hardest part was making sure no deformed bottle got shipped out but that was also the most enjoyable aspect because not only did I do quality inspections, I also had to be on point and very observable.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
shift setup
Very capable and intelligent group
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, MIJanuary 25, 2016
Very capable and intelligent group of people. Tremendous expertise in the field of preform and bottle processing. Department is very individualized, providing minimal "team" environment. The location is remote resulting in long commutes. I think it's a great company, but you must enter your position as an expect as the expectations are high, learning curve short, and teaching resources are minimal.
Pros
Great benefits, company stability
Cons
Very limited time to learn with no training program
the area that i was in wasnt fast paced we could take an extra break as long as our jobs were finished and we helped the other departments out as a te
Warehouse/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INJanuary 21, 2016
a work day was 12 hour shifts was not fast paced,each day i learned more about something different about the company,management was always helpful,co-workers were nice and friendly,hardest part of the job was that the ware house was always packed with pallets shipping couldn't get the trucks loaded fast enough to make room it was always nice to go outside and get fresh air it was always dusty in the factory
Pros
the pay was great and the insurance
Cons
it was hot in the summer and cold in the winter
fast pace environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 19, 2016
you would work 7am to 7pm or 7pm to 7am with mandatory overtime when needed. High temperature environment in the summer. Very cold environment in the winter supervisor was easy going as long as you do your job no body would bother you.
Great Place
SAP PP Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, MIDecember 22, 2015
Great Place Great People to work with....good project and affiable environment would recomend to others to work here . Thanks
Pros
Great
Great Entry Level not career based
Lead Industrial Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CADecember 21, 2015
I love my work so working on the machines and the gratification of trouble-shooting issues were the highlights of my day. Management structure, work space, boundaries, and communication through out the plant need some serious adjustments and management needs to be trained accordingly. You will be paid for your chaos and receive a nice benefit package. It is definitely somewhere to get your feet wet and learn the schematics. Not somewhere to get comfortable or complacent.
Pros
Salary and Benefit Package
Cons
Work atmosphere, Managerial Structure, employee relations
They don't care about their employees
Packer (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILNovember 28, 2015
The management team is self serving. Keep the machines running at all times! They get bigger bonuses that way. People don't throw out products that fall on the floor, even though it is against GMPs, because they have to keep their production numbers in an acceptable range... or else they get a bad review. The pay is decent, being that it is a union job, but that is all. The union has no pull for their members. If they want to get rid of you, they will find a way even if someone lies to do it. They got rid of managers that had been there 20 years+ for people that didn't know anything about the place, equipment, or how to manage. Nepotism runs rampant here. If there is family higher up in the company, you get promoted. If you work hard every day for years, you get overlooked. They don't care about your accomplishments. They only care about the numbers. People were promised advancement... a chance to move into higher positions with better pay, that never came. Me included.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management lies
Excellent work place
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cinnaminson, NJNovember 15, 2015
Shipping and receiving, BOL, scheduling. Good work force, unfortunately plant relocated to allentown, PA. Was offered same position but travel would have been over 80 miles each way.
Excellent work environment with emphasis on employee safety
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WANovember 13, 2015
Worked in one of their smaller facilities and, due to this, I was able to become very involved in many aspects of the business and management of the product, brand, and customer relationships. Amcor's first value is safety and they stick to this extremely well. Many policies were in place to manage safety, repeatability, and high level of quality. Amcor is an incredible company to work for within the manufacturing field.
Good place to work, nice people, good pay, only problem is like with most companies is the advancement;buddy buddy system.
Injection and Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VANovember 9, 2015
You come in and go to the area you work and get everything you need for the day ready. I learned more of the inspection area part of the company after coming in as a fork lift operator. Management is okay, you have your good ones and the ones you think are good buy only look out for themselves and their friends interests. My co-workers were awesome, a lot like myself.
Pros
Breaks and lunches are timed well. Pay is good.
Cons
Management only taking interest in their own friends regardless of others work ethic.
Good benefits and salary
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INOctober 6, 2015
Amcor Rigid Plastics offered a great salary and good benefits. I worked 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. 6 days a week. For the most part I liked the job and the people I worked with.
Production was low
Production Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Millville, NJAugust 17, 2015
I believe that they should give more people opertunities to advance and show their drive. They have a lot of temporary people that are actually good workers but never given the chance ti show this.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Not too bad of a place to work
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 31, 2015
A good place to work. Numerous turnovers in management recently, still turbulent. Good benefits. Everyone gets along. New management is holding personnel accountable.
Great place to work and friendly people
Plant Engineer/Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 29, 2015
Fun people to be around. Upper management cut long term managers to save a buck. Not good work practices and lost all the personnel with knowledge. Plant just went thru major growth and they expected major profits within the first 6 months after spending millions and increasing staff over 50% with little to no training.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Low or poor raises
Productive Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Youngsville, NCJune 11, 2015
Close relationship with Customers.
Handled top Pharma Customers.
Order Entry.
New Product Development.
Packaging.
Shipping US and International.
Invoice Reconciliation and Collections.
Pricing/Quotes.
Liaison between Customers, Sales Team and Plant Operations.
Customer Specifications Review and approval.
Complaint Resolutions.
Monitor On-time Delivery.
Pros
Learned so much in this position.
Cons
Could be stressful.
i really enjoyed working for Amcor and would go back if I was able
SR. Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 28, 2015
Working at Amcor refined my skills as a manager and coworker with fellow employees. the management staff was great to work with and we all worked together to get to the same goal. The hardest part of my job was location, location. I traveled 100+miles a day and that ended up not working with my family life. I was planning on moving however unable due to complications at home.
Pros
Great job and opertunity
Cons
Travel