Amcor Rigid Plastics Employee Reviews

Excellent Company to work for
Plant Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, OHJune 24, 2017
Wish I had not left this job. The people are great. This is a perfect example of the grass is not always greener. I left for more money and that was a huge mistake.
Pros
Normal work hours
Cons
Could pay a little better
Over time out of control
Operator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, OHJune 20, 2017
12hr shirts only 1 day off and no you can't plan your year ahead because you have no days off! Good company great people but no life work and sleep work and sleep. Come on your people are tired and they need a life!!!!!!!!
Great Pay and Benefits, horrific Job/ life balance
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILJune 2, 2017
I have been at the company for 4 years. The pay is relatively unmatched for the positions they offer. However, they require you to put the company before your personal life. You are required to work on your days off. If you want to make sure you have the day off, you need to use PTO. Otherwise, they can and usually will "ask" you to come in. The times I declined to work OT on my days off I was brought into a meeting with HR and told if I decline, the optional OT would become mandatory. I am also "encouraged" to stay past my shift on days that I work. The company purposefully runs each department understaffed or at most bare minimum. Many people work 12hr shifts, 6 days a week. Some even work 7 days a week or more. I put ask or encourage in quotes because if you decline a request you will be brought into HR to explain that even though it is a request there can be consequences for not cooperating and they can still make the request mandatory. If you don't have a family, don't like your family, and don't have a social life, this is a great place to work; high wages and near unlimited overtime. However, if you want any time to yourself outside of work, this is not the place for you.
Pros
Great pay, Great benefits
Cons
Long hours, mandatory OT, No exceptions
Can't keep employees
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INMay 21, 2017
I worked through a temp agency for amcor. I worked 60+ hrs week. Friday the supervisor told us to stay and help get caught up. I had no problem with that being I work 60+ hours anyway, never late or never missed a day. The first shift came on duty at 7:00am and the 1st shift supervisor told me to give him the lift so he could help and to go ahead and go. I said to him are you sure? I don't want to get in trouble and he said yes I will tell the other supervisor. I gave him the lift and clocked out. Later that morning I got a call from temp agency that Amcor doesn't need my help anymore because I left work! I would NEVER have left if I thought I would be dismissed. It's no wonder why the indeed feed is full of job vacancies at this plant! Check out your supervisors if you want to keep good employees.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Can't keep employees
Fast paced
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 4, 2017
Plan to work more than 50 hours per week in a very fast paced, demanding finance arena. You will be well compensated for this work, but the work life balance is missing.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
No personal life
Westaff/Amcor (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAApril 24, 2017
Alot of heavy lifting, alot of walking, watching lines, most of the management was great the others were awful, workplace culture was amazing. Enjoyed the shift I worked on. Hardest part was having to do most of it by myself.
Pros
Food every Friday, Great People
Cons
Poor listening skills from some management.
Buena empresa
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoApril 21, 2017
Buena empresa de trabajo garantizando salud y seguridad y calidad de trabajo
Pros
Seguro médico
Cons
Cierre
Great pay, negative/confusing culture
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  PAApril 17, 2017
The pay is outstanding. But my particular management teams says they are open door and keep things private but they don't. Too cutthroat. 26 people quit or got fired in less than 5 years. That's a problem. You have to keep quiet and not ask questions or they will either replace you or make you dread coming into work. It should be an easy place to work but if you ask questions or raise concerns, you are the issue. The pay is not worth the headache. I would only work here if you want to be a sheep with no voice and are 'happy' punching in or out.
Pros
pay
Cons
lay offs
Average Job with ok pay!
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 8, 2017
Most shifts are 12 hours and are am/pm on a 2/2/3 work week, you would have to get used to it if you have never done it before.
You will learn about manufacturing PET bottles and Medical type containers.
All management is NEW and haven't learned what is needed to be organized and efficient so things run or operate smoothly, allot of growing issues that need work.
Needs more teamwork training for all.
All areas have plus and minus things about them so it would be different for each individual.
Pros
International Company based in Austraila
Cons
Growing Panges
Good Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYApril 4, 2017
Good working environment. Everyone is on 12 hour shifts There is a lot of overtime. Decent Benefits Customer base is very strong and diversified. Products are everywhere in the market
Great job package surround by horrid culture
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, OHMarch 8, 2017
Amcor would be a great job, and it probably is on other shifts rather than the one I worked on. It is fast paced, pays well, and provides great benefits. Most coworkers were great to work with. However, the women who have management titles, but far from managers, are extremely sexist and play favorites. The spineless HR rep seems like a nice guy, but is ready to walk someone out at any moment. Amcor provides the paranoia that any misstep will shove you out the door.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
sexist female managers and overall culture
Great Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 13, 2017
Amcor is a great company to work for. I really believe they care about their employees and want everyone to have a good work / family life balance.
friendly inviorment
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Bringing the team together to focus on safety, quality and customer satisfaction during the transition stage of moving locations.
Pros
safety driven
Cons
plant closing
Fun
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAFebruary 9, 2017
Productive, good working enviroment, management are very helpful, good hours I would go back and work here. Great pay for employees, I highly recommend this job as a warehouse job its pretty accomadating
Sold
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOFebruary 4, 2017
We were previously Sonoco Plastics, not a lot great to say, management kept you in dark, no pay raises and dictatorship. Amcor purchase Sonoco waiting to see results nothing great to say as of now.
Pros
Safety
Cons
Guidance
Good Place to work.
Production Inspector/Tester (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 25, 2017
was a good place to work. Employees were treated fairly. Job was not hard.The hardest part of the job was getting use to working 12 hours a day.
Pros
Management was good at incentives for employees, safety milestone were observed
Cons
Sometimes their should have been more managerial structure.
Downstream Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAJanuary 23, 2017
Operators are treated with respect and managers take feedback into account when making adjustments. Would suggest to prospective manufacturing employee.
Fast past environment
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJanuary 18, 2017
EXCELLENT COMPANY. GOOD Company
drives forklift an works on the production line, typing up bill of lading
counting inventory an making space in the warehouse
Good people
Plant Controller (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCDecember 16, 2016
There are many good people here, but the upper management and region management have no concern for the average worker, and treat them as such. Region management very difficult to deal with and changes positions on important matters often.
Company position
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 13, 2016
The health and profitability of their company is paramount to them. They accomplish this by taking care of their employees. That being said by no means is this a place where you can take your dog to work or perform your duties in sandals. This is an organization you will work hard and leave with a sense of accomplishment. This is a good place to start your career and stay with for your professional career if you choose to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amcor Rigid Plastics. Our community is ready to answer.