Amcor Rigid Plastics Employee Reviews

Typical work day
Machine Operator II-Injection (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAJuly 17, 2017
the job is very redonent .but pay very well for what we do . lots of labor and longs hours. I would say it a good place to work if you like long hours. and the rotation is sometimes great with four and four off
Pros
great pay
Cons
sometimes feel like no home life
Fun workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCJuly 17, 2017
Great learning experience enjoyed it great coworkers great supervisors safety meetings every night before we start work safety equipment always available and fully stocked
Pros
Employee lunches
Cons
Healthcare
great company cookouts great pay & benefits
Machine Operator 2 (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 11, 2017
this company pays good and have great benefits the machines down a lot 12 hour shift rotate weekends off . its a lot of unfairness and favoritism here. its not easy to move up people not retiring or quitting.
Pros
great pay
Cons
everybody work there are friend a lot of favortism
Good company to work for.
Machine repair/Technician (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJuly 10, 2017
Amcor did a good job at taking care of the employees. The management made sure to always have a clean lunch room with vending machines, water, ice and more.
Excellent Company to work for
Plant Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, OHJune 24, 2017
Wish I had not left this job. The people are great. This is a perfect example of the grass is not always greener. I left for more money and that was a huge mistake.
Pros
Normal work hours
Cons
Could pay a little better
Over time out of control
Operator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, OHJune 20, 2017
12hr shirts only 1 day off and no you can't plan your year ahead because you have no days off! Good company great people but no life work and sleep work and sleep. Come on your people are tired and they need a life!!!!!!!!
Great Pay and Benefits, horrific Job/ life balance
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILJune 2, 2017
I have been at the company for 4 years. The pay is relatively unmatched for the positions they offer. However, they require you to put the company before your personal life. You are required to work on your days off. If you want to make sure you have the day off, you need to use PTO. Otherwise, they can and usually will "ask" you to come in. The times I declined to work OT on my days off I was brought into a meeting with HR and told if I decline, the optional OT would become mandatory. I am also "encouraged" to stay past my shift on days that I work. The company purposefully runs each department understaffed or at most bare minimum. Many people work 12hr shifts, 6 days a week. Some even work 7 days a week or more. I put ask or encourage in quotes because if you decline a request you will be brought into HR to explain that even though it is a request there can be consequences for not cooperating and they can still make the request mandatory. If you don't have a family, don't like your family, and don't have a social life, this is a great place to work; high wages and near unlimited overtime. However, if you want any time to yourself outside of work, this is not the place for you.
Pros
Great pay, Great benefits
Cons
Long hours, mandatory OT, No exceptions
Decent Pay
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYMay 29, 2017
Overall it was a decent place to work. I like a fast paced enviroment and Amcor is just that. The job can get hard when the days get busy, but at the end of the day you feel accomplished.
Nice place to work
Maintenance Intern (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, OHMay 23, 2017
Good place, just expanded, good pay and benefits. Learned a lot from their trainers. Open door policy allows you to talk to whoever. Good management and great people
Can't keep employees
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INMay 21, 2017
I worked through a temp agency for amcor. I worked 60+ hrs week. Friday the supervisor told us to stay and help get caught up. I had no problem with that being I work 60+ hours anyway, never late or never missed a day. The first shift came on duty at 7:00am and the 1st shift supervisor told me to give him the lift so he could help and to go ahead and go. I said to him are you sure? I don't want to get in trouble and he said yes I will tell the other supervisor. I gave him the lift and clocked out. Later that morning I got a call from temp agency that Amcor doesn't need my help anymore because I left work! I would NEVER have left if I thought I would be dismissed. It's no wonder why the indeed feed is full of job vacancies at this plant! Check out your supervisors if you want to keep good employees.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Can't keep employees
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 9, 2017
It's a small family owned company, great work environment, clean, quiet place to work. Nice team of ppl. Nice learning environment. Pretty uplifting place.
Fast paced
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 4, 2017
Plan to work more than 50 hours per week in a very fast paced, demanding finance arena. You will be well compensated for this work, but the work life balance is missing.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
No personal life
Westaff/Amcor (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAApril 24, 2017
Alot of heavy lifting, alot of walking, watching lines, most of the management was great the others were awful, workplace culture was amazing. Enjoyed the shift I worked on. Hardest part was having to do most of it by myself.
Pros
Food every Friday, Great People
Cons
Poor listening skills from some management.
Poor Company
Material Coordinator/SAP/Planner (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INApril 19, 2017
Minimal to no training was offered. Training manuals were lost. Broken promises. On call 24/7 which was not part of the job description. There was no work/life balance.
Great pay, negative/confusing culture
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  PAApril 17, 2017
The pay is outstanding. But my particular management teams says they are open door and keep things private but they don't. Too cutthroat. 26 people quit or got fired in less than 5 years. That's a problem. You have to keep quiet and not ask questions or they will either replace you or make you dread coming into work. It should be an easy place to work but if you ask questions or raise concerns, you are the issue. The pay is not worth the headache. I would only work here if you want to be a sheep with no voice and are 'happy' punching in or out.
Pros
pay
Cons
lay offs
Average Job with ok pay!
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 8, 2017
Most shifts are 12 hours and are am/pm on a 2/2/3 work week, you would have to get used to it if you have never done it before.
You will learn about manufacturing PET bottles and Medical type containers.
All management is NEW and haven't learned what is needed to be organized and efficient so things run or operate smoothly, allot of growing issues that need work.
Needs more teamwork training for all.
All areas have plus and minus things about them so it would be different for each individual.
Pros
International Company based in Austraila
Cons
Growing Panges
Good Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYApril 4, 2017
Good working environment. Everyone is on 12 hour shifts There is a lot of overtime. Decent Benefits Customer base is very strong and diversified. Products are everywhere in the market
company team work, friendly people, lots of equipement to rebuilt.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CAMarch 29, 2017
friendly supervisors, not always behind you. training on state of the art machinery and equipement, good work place culture and christmas party every year.
Pros
work safety training every year.
Cons
health care needs improvement.
Great job package surround by horrid culture
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, OHMarch 8, 2017
Amcor would be a great job, and it probably is on other shifts rather than the one I worked on. It is fast paced, pays well, and provides great benefits. Most coworkers were great to work with. However, the women who have management titles, but far from managers, are extremely sexist and play favorites. The spineless HR rep seems like a nice guy, but is ready to walk someone out at any moment. Amcor provides the paranoia that any misstep will shove you out the door.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
sexist female managers and overall culture
Most employees were easy to work with, but there is always one bad seed
Regrind warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Tumwater, WAFebruary 23, 2017
I would arrive at work a little before 6 a.m many times before the others I worked with. I sorted and staged product that I was going to be working with. During the process of staging the product I used a sit down forklift to transport the product. Being safety conscience, I would use the horn to let the people know I was coming out from behind taller product, and I would get yelled at for using my horn to many times by a so called safety crew member. Management was a pleasure to work with. I learned what was defective product and what was not. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relaxed atmosphere besides the bad seed I sometimes had to work with.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, sometimes free lunches
Cons
putting up with a power hungry employee, cleaning up after a clumsy forklift operator