Amcor Employee Reviews in United States

Service Tech
Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Youngsville, NCApril 29, 2016
I enjoy this job, but currently seeking a full time with 40/40+ hours a week. The most enjoyable part of this job is My co-workers and I work as a team to get the job done. The hardest part is not getting enough hours. I am seeking stability within a job.
Pros
Great Job and Work Enviornment
Cons
Not enough hours
Wasnt a great place to work
Clean Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Blythewood, SC 29016April 14, 2016
I work there as a temp for a year the management team keep me there saying they were going to hire me full time then canceled my assignment .The place has poor management there were several days I was released early form work because they ran out of material.
Very well functioning factory with helpful employees
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAMarch 15, 2016
Very good learning experience with very good management. I did not enjoy the work schedule but was very happy with the pay.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
4 day on 4 day off shift was hard to work around
fun place where people are like family
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCFebruary 25, 2016
My experience with this company was great. The employees there were very willing to train me in all areas of the plant. definetly a place i would recommend to those looking for an outstanding work eviornment
Amcor's Working Environment
Injection Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Marion, VaOctober 15, 2015
Amcor is not only a good place to work because of the unique jobs you learn, but because the atmosphere and the people you are surrounded by are team members of which you can enjoy being around daily. The hardest part of the job was building box horns alone because they were so heavy and there was so many of them. The most enjoyable part of my job was being around the people that made amcor an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
long breaks and got paid for them and lunch
Cons
sometimes the bathroom ran out of toilet paper
Nice people long days
Machine Operator II/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  fort worth TX.August 10, 2015
Stand on your feet for 12hours
very easy job a 10 year can do this
Management is starting over from the top down
Co workers are set in their ways and dont want to learn anything new most people are nice.

The job itself is not hard and its not challenging at all. the hardest part is standing on your feet all day.
Pros
good pay
Cons
short breaks its Hot all the time
wonderful working place
SAP ABAP Consultant (Former Employee) –  chicagoOctober 14, 2015
Introduced to new technologies in SAP like HANA and open SQL

Working environment is so good and helpful where number of other vendors joined to complete the implementation.
Excellent organization
Division Controller (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CASeptember 16, 2015
Well run and high effective mgmt. team. Provides room for promotion if you work and produce.

Results oriented and does not accept under performance.
n/a
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  n/aSeptember 20, 2015
great place to work at but not reliable. often lay off due to policy. WIsh i could work more hours but the company limits their hours for each employer
Prepare injection blow mold for production
Tool and Die Maker (Former Employee) –  PRMarch 28, 2015
Prepare injection blow molds for production based on Production requirements. Supported business relocation to the United States by crating tools with all components.
Pros
Learn new technology related to Injction Blow Molding.
Produce bottles for pharmaceutical companies.
Injection Blow Molding Extrusion Technician (Current Employee) –  Youngsville, NCJanuary 30, 2015
Working for Amcor is just ok. advancement oppertunities are limited,teamwork is very strong. overall on a scale of 1 to 10 I would give Amcor a 6. Employees of Amcor not very happy.
Pros
wonderful coworkers
Cons
we must punch in and out for breaks.
great co-workers, poor management
AP Clerk Global Business Services (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 28, 2013
Joined at entry level and pretty much learned all from the AP Sup'r. Very professional mentor.
Had piles of invoices daily to process, which I enjoyed tremendously. Holiday luncheons almost monthly.
Was a steady, productive work week until management starting changing goals and expectations. Amcor kept modifying their business groups every several months. Enviornment became unstable and unreliable. Last 12 months constant training of new staff/high-turnover.
Pros
full benefits package. raises based on performance.
Cons
no advancement. office very noisy.
assure product quality at production level.
MANUFACTURING - EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Cinnaminson, NJOctober 26, 2012
working in blow molding produce upwards 250k bottles per shift.co-workers say with you to you leaned the job.management where all so good . walking around if you need help. five times a year they wood make food all the employees one some of my enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
12 hr shift three breaks
Cons
one operator to three mold machine.
Excellent Company with great Benefits.
Production Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Reidsville, NCFebruary 6, 2014
Overall this is a great company to work for. Everyday there is always something new to learn. Management is very knowledgeable about the company and it shows in its quality and products produced.
Pros
open door policy, free meals, company outings, great management and employees
A great company to work for
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAApril 20, 2014
Amcor is a great place to work. When I get to work we have 5 minute safety meetings to let everyone know whats going on and if something went wrong they let us know how to make it not happen again. I have nothing bad to say about the management team or HR dept they have all treated me with respect and kindness to whatever problem I may have had. Sometimes the job can get a little stressful when you are short staffed and machines break down. Mostly all the people I work with are friendly and kind and will help you out if you have a question. I sadly feel like it may be time to move on to a different job due to differences with some people I do work with. I would rather lead a healthy lifestyle then be stressed out and upset because I care about what other people think. I am currently on night shift and looking to get onto a dayshift work week.
Pros
great benefits and fun perks (iron pig games and cook outs)
Cons
lack of training and night shift
Good people, nice facility
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Youngsville, NCOctober 15, 2013
The Amcor site I at worked at was a nice place to work but the current managemant is destroying morale, there are a lot of good people working there and it could be a great place to work if it had the right people running it.
Pros
good people and nice facility
Cons
poor management
Amcor is a company that takes care of its co-workers. With a sharp focus on the customer.
Design Director (Current Employee) –  Manchester, MINovember 15, 2014
Amcor is a great work place from my perspective. It is sincere in taking care of its employees. Amcor is a very well run company with sharp focus on the customer.
i love working for amcor they were a good company to work for.
blowmolding,lead person (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 7, 2013
getting too go to work,new changgers
learning more about people.
how well we can work together as a team.
i like working with people.
being short handed.
when orders are complete and job is well done.
Pros
good pay, free lunch, etc.
line work (Former Employee) –  Mundelein, ILFebruary 28, 2015
This job was great the pay was great. the hours and overtime was great also. This job I wish I could of stayed but I got let because of new management.
Pros
great pay
Cons
short breaks
Easy Job
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sycamore, ILMarch 19, 2015
Company was very small half driving half wear house. Good Benefits, old equipment, over all it was a good company to work for.