AMD

AMD United States Employee Reviews

A very goal oriented business to keep up with public demand.
Product Development Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 22, 2015
Being such a large company the first and second level managers easy to work with, higher management not so much.

The design and building of new products was the best department for me.
Friendly place to work
HR Business Partner (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 21, 2015
Friendly place to work. Good atmosphere. Lots of smart people. Flexible work environment.

Overall, there are some great opportunities at AMD.
R&D
Test Engineer, Advanced System Power Modeling (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 14, 2015
I worked at an R&D site in Austin. The company offers flexible schedule and a fun environment.

Although, the fact that most new employers are contractors, have no benefits and compensation for goals achieved mixed with the job culture of people from all over the world make it a hard place to get your personal goals achieved, eventual direct hire and promotions inside the company.
Love the company, but want to transition into Supply Chain
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAApril 1, 2015
Pros: Fun, Great Product and Company.
Cons: Lack of growth, Benefits, Limited Business Positions.
I love the company I work for, but I'm interested in pursuing a career in Supply Chain. This company has limited growth opportunity.
Great people, very interesting work, however, the product is experiencing challenges in the market
Director of Pricing, Revenue Management (Current Employee), Austin, TxMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Smart and collaborative work environment
Cons: Distant #2 in the market going against large, well funded competitors
Great place to work. The people are smart and outgoing. Very interesting projects as AMD competes against some of the largest and most well funded competitors in the market. With that said, the products need to be revolutionary and the current product generation has not resonated with customers as expected. This makes it a bigger challenge to succeed in the market but leads to the very interesting and cerebral work environment in determining next actions.
OK place to work but appears to be a slowly sinking ship
Senior Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COMarch 6, 2015
Pros: lots of good people
Cons: layoffs once or twice a year
I had a good paying job and worked with some great people. But AMD just can't get enough revenue to pay for the enormous expenses needed to properly fund the development of X86 CPU's and GPU's, and so AMD gets smaller and smaller.
All depends on your department and manager
Freelance Web Designer and Graphics Production (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: work from home, flexibility
Cons: constant change in management
If you had a great manager and worked in the right department, your work day would be great. Flexibility of hours and working at home were important to me and I had a great manager who understood this and trusted me to get the job done when I said I would.
I have been working at AMD full-time (more than a year)
Applications Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COFebruary 24, 2015
ork is challenging, fun, and rewarding! There are a ton of interesting people and a lot of the team members enjoy each others company and it's a pretty good group. Pay is competitive, location is amazing, Importantly, the mid-level management (who the engineers deal with) is VERY flexible with hours, with taking time off, with load balancing in difficult times. I've literally never been overworked. Barring compute limitations, there's not a lot of excessive meetings and red tape to do actual work, the engineering team is pretty efficient.
Team oriented workplace because of all the processes involved
Wafer Fab Technician (Former Employee), Austin,TXJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: work weeks
Cons: job security
Responsible for processing silicon wafers in clean line and oxidation furnaces,recorded completed data into computer spreadsheet and delivered wafers to the next processing area. Shift reports given to oncoming tech about status of current process being conducted. Management available at all times even for individual employees. Weekly meetings held with work groups and management. The hardest part of the job was making sure all processes were correct no flaws. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new processes in different areas and the work weeks 3on-4off/4on-3off.
Energetic team member
IT Information Security Analyst (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: supportive management
Cons: no bandwidth within team. not enough staff
Day to Day Operations Support for IT Security Department
Upload IT Security Policies and Procedures
Asset Management
Compliance and Auditing
Change Control
Incident Management
Service Management
Staff IT Governance Analyst (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great facility
Cons: constant layoffs. poor communication.
There are a lot of smart people with great ideas but this is offset by the constant concern of pending layoffs.
Talented people, terrible direction
Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: work/life balance, benefits
Cons: worst corporate leadership in the industry
In the days when we beat the competitor (very few), everything is great. Every other day you're waiting for the next layoff.
Large company at the forefront of technology
Marketing (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Going through some growing pains with management turnover and layoffs
Nice campus and office
Member of Technical Staff (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 15, 2014
Pros: spacious office and nice view. advanced equipment and technology.
Working schedule is flexible.
Balanced work life and benefit.
AMD was a great place to work!
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 9, 2014
I spent twelve years at AMD, and I enjoyed every one of them. AMD allowed me to learn new tools—e.g., FrameMaker, Photoshop, and Illustrator—and AMD offered instruction in technical subjects, such as x86 architecture, which allowed me to communicate more effectively with my engineering subject matter experts (SMEs). I worked on a wide variety of projects—e.g., design guides, layout checklists, processor data sheets, and the internal style guide.

My first and second-level management were attentive and responsive to the needs of their workers. My fellow technical writers were always eager to lend their help and specific expertise to each other. I cannot say enough about the skill, professionalism, and camaraderie of the engineering SMEs with whom I worked.

The pace at AMD was sometimes grueling, but everyone pitched in and worked as a true team. I would work there again in a heartbeat.
autonomy abounds
WWSales Enablement & Field Equipping Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 25, 2014
Pros: room to grow
Cons: reduction in force
lots of excellent opportunities to grow and learn, fast paced, management was very transparent and available to everyone in the company regardless of tenure,
very collaborative and innovative
Great people, weak upper management
EMBEDDED SYSTEMS GAMING PRODUCT MANAGER (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CANovember 20, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, good compensation
Cons: feels like a dying company, not fun
Good people with great skills mostly go to waste dealing with the politics of a shrinking market and a company going thru a major restructuring more than once a year, with revolving-door upper management, but the culture is oddly friendly most of the time, and work life balance is awesome.
Good work/life balance but no advancement
System Test/Validation Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 19, 2014
Pros: good work/life balance
Cons: no advancement, no raises
Good hard working talented co-workers but very little to no advancement. Constant re-orgs and layoffs.
Great people, great industry
Sr. Director - Platform Solution Engineer (Current Employee), austin, txNovember 8, 2014
Pros: forefront of technology, innovative highly skilled people
Cons: difficult market undergoing disruption from phones & tablets
AMD is a great company with a highly skilled technical staff and leadership developing innovative silicon for the computer markets.
Productive work area
Staff Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 7, 2014
I enjoy working with such a diverse group of individuals. The is the ability to think outside the box and work these ideas to fruition. The work changes at a fast pace and creative thinking is a plus.

1 2 3 4 5

About AMD

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. is a global semiconductor company with facilities around the world. The Company offer x86 microprocessors, – Read more

AMD Salaries