AMD

AMD Employer Reviews

Mgmt is oblivious, employees are apathetic.
Desktop Administrator II (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 24, 2013
Pros: learn what *not* to do at your next job.
Cons: management, benefits and culture
This is the company you go to when you want to do a bunch of nothing and take home a paycheck for all your non-work. The list of things they don't have or do wrong is too long to type out. The company is not poised to take advantage of technology, markets or talent.
Great culture of employees with great opportunities for advancement
Manager System Test/Validation (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 22, 2013
Pros: work/life management was easy
Cons: sometimes difficult to achieve deadlines due to last minute change.
My position consisted of multiple cross functional meetings. These meetings being necessary to keep all groups on the same page and deliverables on time. I learned most about my skills that I had yet to tap into. I was put in positions of management because my superiors saw my talent potential.

The most difficult part of the job was the late hours – more... and weekends nesessary at times to meet goals

I most enjoyed the people I worked with. I was able to hire really talented people for my group and we worked seamlessly together. – less
Dynamic work environment
Audit Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 21, 2013
AMD is experiencing a transformation and transition in strategy.
Well rounded company
Wafer Fabrication Technician in Photolithography (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 11, 2013
Pros: staff, benefits, culture
AMD was a great achievement and experience. I learned a great deal working at this company.
Disappointing and in serious decline
Product Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TxMarch 28, 2013
Appearing near rock bottom in many ways including loss of company idenity, cultural, and motivation to succeed.
AMD was one of the best company's that i have worked for.
Operations Facilitator (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMarch 26, 2013
I was in the production area and enjoyed the challenge of increasing our production numbers and lowering our costs.
good place to work
Senior Systems Design Engineer (Former Employee), austinMarch 18, 2013
Pros: free gym and good pay
Cons: massive layoffs
AMD was a good place to work with decent compensation/benefits. The culture was good and the coworkers were extra friendly and helpful. The only bad part was that the company was always doing massive layoffs to increase profits.
AMD
MTS System Test/Validation Engineer (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: having in hand what people are only speculating about.
Cons: having in hand what people are only speculating about!
I worked in a small team of engineers responsible for testing RDK platforms. Day to day operations were normally, executing verification test on platforms focusing on your immediate area of responsibility. The challenge in this was prioritizing time well enough to prepare for new platforms incorporating new chipsets and new family of processors while – more... maintaining a high level service for products currently in development. All the this does pay off in readings the next days reviews after a each release of a product. – less
Company in the midst of a difficult transition
Sr. Manager, Product Marketing (Former Employee), Austin, TexasJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: decent salary and benies.
Cons: growing caste divide between execs and workforce.
Good, hardworking people for the most part. Company transitioning to a different value prop within the market place. Much hard work ahead for those who stick it out.
No comment
SMTS System Architect (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: lack of strategic direction
Lost at sea. I see at least 3 years of bad times.
They have a weak position in a declining market. Plan to enter new markets, but hard times until then.
Company in Transition
Change Management Specialist - PMO (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 28, 2013
Lots of changes going on - working to respond to the Tablet Market
Great people, good place to work
Program Manager / Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Austin, TexasJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: telecomute
Cons: politics of management
Very good place to work minus the politics. (which you will find almost everywhere)
With two boys at home, one of the best parts of AMD is the WFH capablities. Flexible with schedules as long as your work is done.
Distribution Buisness Manager
Distribution Business Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 21, 2013
AMD was a challenging company to work for. The messaging for sales and marketing was never coesive which made it challenging to sell there product. Marketing dollars were also limited which made it challenging to sell product.
Can be a great place to work with the right executive management
Sr. Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: generally good for work/life balance
Cons: need to dramatically downsize to stay profitable at current revenue level
AMD is a very engineering-driven company and can be a great place to work if senior management is effective, which unfortunately has not been the case in recent years. Currently AMD seems lost and cannot escape its consumer client past. AMD needs help becoming a real enterprise competitor.

The best part of AMD was working along side some really smart – more... people, but there's been a huge brain drain recently. – less
Great People and Ideas
Senior Design Verification Engineer (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 18, 2013
Immediate management is very flexible with work schedule and understands employees' needs
Great company with no clear plan to succeed
Sr. Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: great global company, great austin campus
Cons: dell cronyism and lenova
CEO copied what was implemented at the last company he worked at; while he and the last company he worked at were both successful, it is not working here. Most people at the coporate office couldnt survive at Dell, due to networking and cronyism they have a stranglehold on innovation and progress (need Blue Ocean Strategy). All-in-all the company is – more... good, the leadership in the C-Suite is pretty rich, and if they stopped paying the best consultants in the world to give them advice and instead spent the money on implementing something... they might be successful! Fantastic campus in southwest Austin, plus 30 other global locations. – less
Productive and fun place to work.
Technical Support Engineer II (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 7, 2013
Laid back atmosphere
Nice gym
Nice cafeteria
Access to basketball court
How Times Have Changed
Senior Equipment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 5, 2013
AMD was a pretty good place to work, Sadly, like so many other American "Manufacturers," AMD no longer actually makes anything in the US and so this job is really and truly a Dream Job today.

Corporate culture, the people you work with and the conditions all made AMD one of the best workplaces I've encountered from a professional standpoint. Since – more... I left (and since all manufacturing left hot on my heels) no manufacturig positions are available at AMD and so I cannot comment on current potential for employment. – less
Good co-workers, enjoyed the job.
Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 22, 2012
Worked during the day on projects that were relevant to the needs of the company. Management was good. I learned a lot about product cycles and deliverables to clients. Hardest part of the job was probably deadlines, but it also made it exciting to be part of a team that worked past hours to make sure it was done. Software team was excellent and listened – more... to me. – less
Good
Software Engineer Co-op (Current Employee), Austin, TXDecember 5, 2012
Great culture and talented super smart people
Learned how to become a successful engineer
Management was the best
Co-workers are awesome
Hard part is to leave the company
I enjoyed every second of it

About AMD

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. is a global semiconductor company with facilities around the world. The Company offer x86 microprocessors, – Read more