Amec Foster Wheeler

Amec Foster Wheeler Employer Reviews

Amazing place to work
Design Technician II (Former Employee), Laramie, WYJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: amazing boss
Cons: taxes don't always come out if you don't make enough
Small office with great employees. You will get a lot of hands on experience with great training from fellow colleagues. A great place to intern over the summer in Laramie.
Great Careers
Grout Monitor Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2014
Early Morning to Late evenings. Travel time and hours was required.
Great culture and professional team of engineers
Wastewater Treatment Project Consultant (Current Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 10, 2014
Pros: provides a great experience
Cons: limited opportunity to grow
AMECFW has a very nice culture. It provides the opportunity to work with highly experienced and inteligent engineers. Engineers are involved in many aspect of the bussiness such as management, client relations, site inspection, field work which provides a great experience. Depending on the situation and the structure of the office there may be a limited opportunity of growth,
Talented employees
Business Manager (Former Employee), Petaluma, CANovember 14, 2014
I had a great 14 years of employment with this company. Wonderful and talented people.
Productive and fun work places
Project Administrator (Former Employee), Trail, BCNovember 13, 2014
All of the above mentioned companies I worked with I have enjoyed. Management could not be faulted. With more than 25 years experience in the administrative field I have learned many skills, how to deal with different personalities and cultures. I am comfortable to work on my own, or within a group / team dynamic. Deadlines for project proposals, reports was always met and that in-itself was rewarding for me as a secretary. Working under pressure and long hours has never been an issue for me,
Good Company to work with
Crane Operator (Former Employee), Chester, VANovember 11, 2014
Always a productive day at work. Good co workers and environment.
Wonderful company to work for just need job security.
Payroll Specialist / Audit Analyst (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
One of the best companies to work for. Great co-workers, no problems and great work life balance.
Safety Manager (Former Employee), GaOctober 1, 2014
This company provides you with plenty of opportunities to better yourself.
AMEC work summary
Senior Structural Designer (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 24, 2014
AMEC is a good company to work with a good core of engineers. There is performance reviews and work sustainability ethics.
Great place for career advancement
Trainee Deck foreman,Platform Materials Controller (Current Employee), Offshore Dunlin AlphaJune 22, 2014
A busy platform with a good bunch of workmates. My career is progressing well. I enjoy how much I am learning.
Great Place to Work
General Office Clerk (Former Employee), Richland, WAJune 22, 2014
Pros: lunches with co - workers
Cons: budget cuts
Most everyone got along with each other, and those who did not were at least professional with each other. We were allowed full hour lunch breaks. My most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with, they treated my like I was a important part of something. I would say the hardest part of it was telling myself that I deserved it.
AMEC is a great company to work for many opportunities to travel and advancement in company.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Covington, VAMay 30, 2014
Great working environment, management are hard working people who get the job done, but also care about their employees. The hardest part of the job is working in different areas of the country and weather conditions. Pay & benefits are great.
AMEC
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Portland, ORMay 8, 2014
Typical day at work includes maintaining and updating database of project descriptions and resumes. Developing statements of qualifications and various marketing materials. I am also involved in proposal preparations and strategies and business development. AMEC is a family atmosphere. Management is friendly and accommodating. The hardest part of this job is that it is too far from my home.
Health & Safety Manager (Former Employee), Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti AfricaApril 28, 2014
Pros: amec provides me food allowance and own service car.
Cons: amec provides me health insurance.
Working with AMEC is such a good experience for me, we had a Turkish Company which is our sub-contractor and everyday interest me to work with them as they have been working regardless of their own safety. But I always there for them to foresee and provide them knowledge on safety. How will carried out each work activity throughout the project.
Difficult Management, Not bad environment, People were qualified and Good craftsmen
I&C Technician (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLApril 20, 2014
Management was ok. Seemed a bit overbearing and micromanaged at times. Field people were great. Strong quality and craft Requirements.
Power & Process dark ages
Instrument Controls (Current Employee), Tucker, GAApril 13, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: not a career company
This company offers o.k. comparable salary but that is about all that it is competitive in.
-management new and very inexperienced managing
-very poor management selection in the org structure
-executives out of touch with the worker bees & departments
-not a leader in any market segment
-gross inefficiencies and senseless spending of clients $$
-changing to weaker benefits package so no longer an attractive benefits package
-too many relatives working within same location
-technology behind
-no advancement potential
-no real understanding of future growth and strategy

For a temporary job - use them as they will use you.
For a career your better off seeking opportunity with their competitors.
Excellent place to work
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Irvine, CAApril 10, 2014
Pros: easy going, friendly
Cons: no room to grow within the company
co-worker are easy going. you learn all lot from your superiors. wish they just notice more how hard some people work that deserve to have a better pay or full-time job.
Great company to work for
Solar Panel Installer/Assembler (Former Employee), Bagdad, AZMarch 6, 2014
Overall it was a great experience working with them. Schedules, colleagues and management create a great environment.
Productive work staff / enjoyable environment
Project Controller (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 18, 2014
A typical day includes working with a variety of individual in different departments. Management looks to improve skills of each employee to make AMEC and the individual more valuable.
I love what I do at AMEC
Sr Accountant (Current Employee), Tucker, GAFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: sometimes free lunches, blue jean fridays
Cons: workload is not a balance for home and work
A typical day is rather quite and sometimes boring. I enjoy what I do at AMEC.

1 2 3 4 5

About Amec Foster Wheeler

Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the – Read more