Amec Foster Wheeler

Amec Foster Wheeler Employee Reviews

Good
HR Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 28, 2015
A very good company to work for. I sit at my desk most of the day and entering numbers. The managers are very nice and understandable.
The unknown future
Project Engineer Assistant (Current Employee), Covington, GAJuly 28, 2015
Overall, the communication to and with the legacy Yonkers employees out in the field has been little to none. I really truly enjoyed working with Yonkers and have learned a great deal. Great management to work for and with and co-workers that are the top in their fields. The hardest thing is not knowing where or what project I will be on next or if there will be a "next" project.
Very informative place to work with varied days.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Tacoma, WaJuly 23, 2015
Learned something new everyday from asbestos abatement to shooting range clean up. The management were great mentors to help you learn about their job. I really enjoyed working there.
on call biologist (Current Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: leasent environment
Cons: not enough hours for on call position
Nice environment nice people a pleasure to work there. Working outdoors is always an added bonus to work in just not enough hours.
Offshore
Senior Production Technician (Current Employee), Dunlin AlphaJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Time off and salary
Cons: Long hours, delays, working away from family.
Offshore production platform working 12 hour shifts 2 weeks on and 3 weeks off providing great work - life balance. Good for external courses and on the job training.
Busy and tense work place.
PROJECT / COMMISIONING (Cx) MANAGER (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJune 10, 2015
Pros: Fortune to be able to contribute to the defense of the US in its time of need.
Cons: Very tense work environment.
Lot of deadline, meetings and problems. I learned that I can function effectively in a high pressure environment. Management was poor. Co-workers were high strung at time. The hardest part of the job was there was no one from AMEC, their subcontractors or Pentagon team that had any prior commissioning experience. The most enjoyable part was being able to develop means, methods and systems to successfully complete the commissioning in a timely manner.
My thoughts
Material Manager (Current Employee), Plaquemine, LAJune 9, 2015
The company overall is a good employer, however, there are certain elements that are not committed or foster a "Team" atmosphere!
Good Company
Heat Transfer Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 4, 2015
It is a good company to work for, but due to oil prices they have been lacking in obtaining new projects. Otherwise, the work environment is very friendly.
Grood understanding company
Panel Setter/Laborer (Former Employee), Foothills AZMay 12, 2015
Every day we had meetings in the morning to discuss safety and other work related issues learned how to work as a team to complete solar project on a timely manner, had great understanding boses listened and tried to help us in anyway they could. The hardest part of the job was the summer heat but the management did a great job setting up tents and ice cold water so we could cool off whenever we felt heat stressed.
Sr. Material Controller (Current Employee), LyondellBasel Corpus ChristiMay 7, 2015
Constructive and Productive with being the oversight team of two general contractors. Using my skills to manage the equipment and material that was received and then monitor as it was being issued out.
Flex Time
Piping Designer (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 1, 2015
It's a good to have flex time, that way you can have more time with the family. ; )

Its a company that's looking forward to deliver the best.
Good work-life balance, but utter lack of upward mobilitiy
Stormwater Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 25, 2015
Pros: Work-life balance
Cons: Expected to read minds, not given enough training, not being told who does what, and being expected to just know AMEC procedures without ever being told what those procedures are.
My boss misinterpreted flaws in my work as incompetence when really I was incapable of reading his mind. I could not understand why my boss seemed reluctant to act as a true consultant for a client when it was discovered that said client was greatly out of compliance. Our job as consultants is to find and help solve problems before the regulators find them and fine. Seemed simple enough to me. I also felt I was being held responsible for shoddy work by my predecessors. They had pencil-whipped inspection forms for years prior to my arrival, and so it seemed that all of a sudden our clients were out of compliance, when really they had been all along. My boss was tired of me "making problems" for him, in having to explain to clients who had been paying money over the years why AMEC's work had been less than thorough during that time. My reward for discovering violations our clients were committing, that AMEC had turned a blind eye to, but now had the opportunity to help our clients solve? A 40% cutback in hours. The pay was bad enough to start with, but that was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I would not recommend AMEC as a place to work, plain and simple.
Best job ever!
Receptionist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2015
I've been here for going on 4 years. Most people complain about their jobs. I very rarely do. Management is great, the hours are great, especially having half days on Fridays!
Safety Oriented Facility
Structural Welder \ Pipe Support (Former Employee), Grand Island, NEMarch 12, 2015
Pros: fair pay, good safety
Cons: language barrier (my own fault for not speaking spanish)
Very safety oriented facility. Every morning there's a safety meeting, following by JSA (Job Safety Assessment) worksheets. Not difficult work, plenty of time on breaks and lunches. Management is easy to get along with. Good compensation.
Construction/Electrician's Helper
Construction worker (Electrician's helper) (Former Employee), Franklin, GAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: no shift work
Cons: job uncertainty due to the nature of the field
Typical day entailed the continuation of the previous days work constructing and wiring unto completion a large building containing 4160 and 6900 switch gear. Has a particularly knowledgeable Journeyman in charge of me that was very helpful in teaching me. Hardest part of the job was the conduit bending.
I would like to work in a good enviroment and i do not mind long hours and am not afraid of hard work.
Laborer (Former Employee), Brewton, ALMarch 6, 2015
Pros: enjoys working outside and keeping busy
Cons: i really have none.
I enjoy and i am a easy person to get along with. I do not mind working long hours. I would enjoy a chance to work with amec cause i hear it is a good company to work for. I am also not afraid to try something new . I also can run just about any heavy equipment.
Too focused on M&A and not employees
Senior Engineer (Former Employee), Southern U.S.February 16, 2015
Pros: growing in size
Cons: perpetual state of crisis management from corporate offices, leadership is too focused on m&a and not on employees.
In the past 4 years Amec Foster Wheeler has gone through two major mergers and acquisitions. Crisis management is perpetual with directives and policies from Corporate office in Atlanta sharply changing direction on a weekly basis. Leadership is too focused on M&A and not on employees. They talk a lot about 'Why Amec' but never follow up with needed changes to keep mid level professionals from jumping ship. Not a stable environment.
Overall ok place to work
Staff Geologist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: friendly people
Cons: not alot for advancement
Was overall an ok company to work for. Provided good benefits. Management was friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the job was not having enough work for everyone. Enjoyed working with Co-workers and as a team to solve problems.
Amazing place to work
Design Technician II (Former Employee), Laramie, WYJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: amazing boss
Cons: taxes don't always come out if you don't make enough
Small office with great employees. You will get a lot of hands on experience with great training from fellow colleagues. A great place to intern over the summer in Laramie.
Great Careers
Grout Monitor Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2014
Early Morning to Late evenings. Travel time and hours was required.
Revenue