Amec Foster Wheeler Employee Reviews

fun place
Mailroom Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 23, 2017
I have been with AMEC since 2013 and this is a great place to work. many opportunities for growth. We are in 40 different countries. A excellent safety driven company
Excellent Company
Facilities Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 15, 2017
I loved my time at Foster Wheeler. The compensation and benefits were second to none. Flex time was a company standard I wish all companies had. I'd still be working there had they not been bought out.
Good
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder City, NVJune 15, 2017
Seasonal or work is per job specific and not designated to location so if you have children or a family expect to be away from them for long periods or find a new career.
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits
Cons
Not consistent to location
Very Profession Organization to Work For
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 10, 2017
Havent really had an opportunity to get settled in and meet a lot of people outside of the group I work with on a daily basis, so sometimes communication between two departments can be slow. Great compensation, Great benefits, Professional and down to business culture
Pros
A lot of opportunities for advancement and upward-mobility
Cons
In the middle of purchase from outside company
very safety oriented
Field Superintendent on a 250MW PV Solar Plant (Former Employee) –  Tonopah, AZJune 9, 2017
great place to work awesome management staff until companies merged with Foster Wheeler then two teams formed and was non productive. probably isolated to this project but that was my experience. over all a great company to work for
Pros
company truck
Cons
remote locations away from family for long periods of time
Positive work enviorment, great management leadership
Electrical Foreman (Former Employee) –  Brewton, ALJune 5, 2017
Amec had management personnel who took pride in there work and there employees. Safety was key too keeping accidents too a minimum while keeping associates in a good working environment.
Pros
great mgt team, knowledgeable staff, very good safety practices, good working enviroment
Cons
many of the mgt team and supervision and a lot of family which kept good hands from advancing
good
Water Resources Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 3, 2017
Very good working environment. Professional and excellent engineers in the company. Great Benefits. Learned a lot of modelling skills and software such as HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS
Amec FW being my first school of learning real life field experience
Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 31, 2017
Amec FW being my first school of learning and demonstrating my abilities, wonderful managers I have been working with walking me through everything step by step.
Outstanding
Electrical Helper (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAMay 31, 2017
I really enjoyed working with them it was a great experience you can build a career with him as well the pay is also outstanding everyone there got along
Productive and Fun
Water Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 30, 2017
Great place to work. Full of great people with fantastic leadership. They really want to see their employees excel in the workplace. They are very good about motivating employees.
Pros
Friendly People
Cons
N/a
buena compañia
panel installer (Former Employee) –  Tonopah, AZMay 30, 2017
un muy buen lugar de trabajo muy buena compañia para trabajar
Good people always room to grow.
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Powhatan, VAMay 27, 2017
Great Foreman's always listened to what you had to say.Are big on safety, treated you like family and would work with you. You were always learning something new and they would even take people on to the next job site if you were a hard worker.
Pros
Plenty of hours and room to move up. quick raises
Cons
Most sites were only 3 months long then laid off.
generl labor contruction (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 24, 2017
A typical day a work was very busy taking care the needs of everyone on the mechanical side. Learned how to work long hours 7 days a week. I managed everything well from delivering water to delivering tools. The hardest part trying to take care of everyone's needs at one time. The most enjoyable part getting to know some of the good co workers and learning to work together and solve each other problems.
Pros
cook outs
Cons
not enought time to break I was always busy
Amec Foster Wheeler
Department Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAMay 21, 2017
A typical day at this company was organization. It was my job to manage several department heads and their staff in booking conference rooms, arranging travel to different project sites, managing vendor meetings for departments. Arranging luncheons for an average attendance of 30 plus people in multiple conference rooms on multiple floors. Making sure that each conference room was properly setup ready for the meeting with smart board connections for laptop computers. Prepaired attendance sign in sheets for engineers and staff in order for them to receive Continuing Education credit. Issued certificates for continuing education credit.
I learned to be more diversified in working with many different cultures and their customs. Hardest part of my job, was to make sure all meetings and conferences were on time, and on point with all the necessary manual, notes, materials that was needed for the meeting.
Most enjoyable part of my job was to pull off all the duties and responsibilities without any hiccups.
AMEC Foster Wheeler
Senior Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2017
AMECFW has allowed me to grow and learn more about EPC construction than I ever imagined. The constant changes and never ending push to complete a project on time and under budget is very exciting. Along with the excitement come the stress and never ending hurdles that must be cleared in order to complete a project. The company has taught me how to make decisions and allows me to make them. The biggest negative is that the jobs usually last over a year and a half and the constant travel has taken a toll on myself and my family.
Pros
Freedom to make decisions
Cons
100 Travel
Technologically behind competition
CAD/GIS Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 15, 2017
Company does not stay up on technology and will not pursue new innovative projects therefore leaving them pigeonholed and left behind. The company needs to embrace change to stay afloat.
Good work environment
crew (Former Employee) –  Tonopah, AZMay 15, 2017
I really enjoyed Amec Foster Wheeler's work ethic. We would have safety meetings everyday and a job site meeting every Wednesday. The pay was really good.
Wave after wave of change
Vice President, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 12, 2017
It has been a tough journey since the merger of Amec and Foster Wheeler. Turnover at the Senior Leadership levels and now a possible sale of the company to the Wood Group.
Pros
Really good engineers and construction people who care about the business and servicing clients.
Cons
Too much change, too fast, not well thought out.
Money can be good; depending on who your superintendent is
Solar Panel Installer (Former Employee) –  Kings Bay, GAMay 11, 2017
Very sexist workplace, for women. Many men on the site I worked on, even high up in mgmt were anti-women/promoting women who are deserving. Overall money hungry figureheads.
Pros
per diem.
Cons
Hard work, short breaks, random drug testing/initial drug test
Ambiente de trabajo poco profesional
Ground foreman (Former Employee) –  Tonopah, AZMay 11, 2017
Personalmente un poco pesado porque tenia que viajar micho todos los dias
Pros
Tienes buenos compañeros de trabajo
Cons
Aseguranza no cubre demasiado

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amec Foster Wheeler. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval