Amec Foster Wheeler

Amec Foster Wheeler United States Employee Reviews

Good work-life balance, but utter lack of upward mobilitiy
Stormwater Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 25, 2015
Pros: Work-life balance
Cons: Expected to read minds, not given enough training, not being told who does what, and being expected to just know AMEC procedures without ever being told what those procedures are.
My boss misinterpreted flaws in my work as incompetence when really I was incapable of reading his mind. I could not understand why my boss seemed reluctant to act as a true consultant for a client when it was discovered that said client was greatly out of compliance. Our job as consultants is to find and help solve problems before the regulators find them and fine. Seemed simple enough to me. I also felt I was being held responsible for shoddy work by my predecessors. They had pencil-whipped inspection forms for years prior to my arrival, and so it seemed that all of a sudden our clients were out of compliance, when really they had been all along. My boss was tired of me "making problems" for him, in having to explain to clients who had been paying money over the years why AMEC's work had been less than thorough during that time. My reward for discovering violations our clients were committing, that AMEC had turned a blind eye to, but now had the opportunity to help our clients solve? A 40% cutback in hours. The pay was bad enough to start with, but that was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I would not recommend AMEC as a place to work, plain and simple.
Best job ever!
Receptionist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2015
I've been here for going on 4 years. Most people complain about their jobs. I very rarely do. Management is great, the hours are great, especially having half days on Fridays!
Safety Oriented Facility
Structural Welder \ Pipe Support (Former Employee), Grand Island, NEMarch 12, 2015
Pros: fair pay, good safety
Cons: language barrier (my own fault for not speaking spanish)
Very safety oriented facility. Every morning there's a safety meeting, following by JSA (Job Safety Assessment) worksheets. Not difficult work, plenty of time on breaks and lunches. Management is easy to get along with. Good compensation.
Construction/Electrician's Helper
Construction worker (Electrician's helper) (Former Employee), Franklin, GAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: no shift work
Cons: job uncertainty due to the nature of the field
Typical day entailed the continuation of the previous days work constructing and wiring unto completion a large building containing 4160 and 6900 switch gear. Has a particularly knowledgeable Journeyman in charge of me that was very helpful in teaching me. Hardest part of the job was the conduit bending.
I would like to work in a good enviroment and i do not mind long hours and am not afraid of hard work.
Laborer (Former Employee), Brewton, ALMarch 6, 2015
Pros: enjoys working outside and keeping busy
Cons: i really have none.
I enjoy and i am a easy person to get along with. I do not mind working long hours. I would enjoy a chance to work with amec cause i hear it is a good company to work for. I am also not afraid to try something new . I also can run just about any heavy equipment.
Too focused on M&A and not employees
Senior Engineer (Former Employee), Southern U.S.February 16, 2015
Pros: growing in size
Cons: perpetual state of crisis management from corporate offices, leadership is too focused on m&a and not on employees.
In the past 4 years Amec Foster Wheeler has gone through two major mergers and acquisitions. Crisis management is perpetual with directives and policies from Corporate office in Atlanta sharply changing direction on a weekly basis. Leadership is too focused on M&A and not on employees. They talk a lot about 'Why Amec' but never follow up with needed changes to keep mid level professionals from jumping ship. Not a stable environment.
Overall ok place to work
Staff Geologist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: friendly people
Cons: not alot for advancement
Was overall an ok company to work for. Provided good benefits. Management was friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the job was not having enough work for everyone. Enjoyed working with Co-workers and as a team to solve problems.
Amazing place to work
Design Technician II (Former Employee), Laramie, WYJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: amazing boss
Cons: taxes don't always come out if you don't make enough
Small office with great employees. You will get a lot of hands on experience with great training from fellow colleagues. A great place to intern over the summer in Laramie.
Great Careers
Grout Monitor Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2014
Early Morning to Late evenings. Travel time and hours was required.
Great culture and professional team of engineers
Wastewater Treatment Project Consultant (Current Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 10, 2014
Pros: provides a great experience
Cons: limited opportunity to grow
AMECFW has a very nice culture. It provides the opportunity to work with highly experienced and inteligent engineers. Engineers are involved in many aspect of the bussiness such as management, client relations, site inspection, field work which provides a great experience. Depending on the situation and the structure of the office there may be a limited opportunity of growth,
Talented employees
Business Manager (Former Employee), Petaluma, CANovember 14, 2014
I had a great 14 years of employment with this company. Wonderful and talented people.
Productive and fun work places
Project Administrator (Former Employee), Trail, BCNovember 13, 2014
All of the above mentioned companies I worked with I have enjoyed. Management could not be faulted. With more than 25 years experience in the administrative field I have learned many skills, how to deal with different personalities and cultures. I am comfortable to work on my own, or within a group / team dynamic. Deadlines for project proposals, reports was always met and that in-itself was rewarding for me as a secretary. Working under pressure and long hours has never been an issue for me,
Good Company to work with
Crane Operator (Former Employee), Chester, VANovember 11, 2014
Always a productive day at work. Good co workers and environment.
Wonderful company to work for just need job security.
Payroll Specialist / Audit Analyst (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
One of the best companies to work for. Great co-workers, no problems and great work life balance.
Safety Manager (Former Employee), GaOctober 1, 2014
This company provides you with plenty of opportunities to better yourself.
AMEC work summary
Senior Structural Designer (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 24, 2014
AMEC is a good company to work with a good core of engineers. There is performance reviews and work sustainability ethics.
Great place for career advancement
Trainee Deck foreman,Platform Materials Controller (Current Employee), Offshore Dunlin AlphaJune 22, 2014
A busy platform with a good bunch of workmates. My career is progressing well. I enjoy how much I am learning.
Great Place to Work
General Office Clerk (Former Employee), Richland, WAJune 22, 2014
Pros: lunches with co - workers
Cons: budget cuts
Most everyone got along with each other, and those who did not were at least professional with each other. We were allowed full hour lunch breaks. My most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with, they treated my like I was a important part of something. I would say the hardest part of it was telling myself that I deserved it.
AMEC is a great company to work for many opportunities to travel and advancement in company.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Covington, VAMay 30, 2014
Great working environment, management are hard working people who get the job done, but also care about their employees. The hardest part of the job is working in different areas of the country and weather conditions. Pay & benefits are great.
AMEC
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Portland, ORMay 8, 2014
Typical day at work includes maintaining and updating database of project descriptions and resumes. Developing statements of qualifications and various marketing materials. I am also involved in proposal preparations and strategies and business development. AMEC is a family atmosphere. Management is friendly and accommodating. The hardest part of this job is that it is too far from my home.

1 2 3 4 5

About Amec Foster Wheeler

Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the – Read more

Amec Foster Wheeler Salaries