AMEDICA Employee Reviews in United States

Productive work environment and cross training opportunities
Quality Control Technician III (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 27, 2013
Inspect medical implants and devices in accordance with quality system documents and FDA requirements. Perform various testing to accept implants for form, fit, and function. Learned how to use many measuring devices as well as the chemistry behind the implants. Also got more experience using word, excel, and powerpoint. Management is good, they are pretty flexible and leniant. Mostly concerned with production throughput rather than micromanaging. Willing to let people work independantly. Was able to go to school during the day and work at nights. Hardest part of the job is writing procedures, NCMR's, CAPA's and MRB's, or even understanding some chemistry of the ceramics. Co-workers with a good understanding of these have been helpful. Most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility, the people I work with, and the ability to work independantly. Learned a lot about Lean, 5S, Six Sigma.
Pros
flexible schedule, clean environment
Cons
work can get repetitive
Amedica, a career choice
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Salt lake cityJuly 16, 2014
I have spent many years trying to find the ideal location for work. Amedica was everything I ever wanted in a company, except for job security. If given the chance to be a full time employee of Amedica,I could retire happily from here and never work another place.
Pros
good people
Cons
job security
Management was great to work with.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 13, 2012
Over all I enjoyed my time I at Amedica. I learned a lot about my profession, and the manufacturing of medical part, and procedures.