Amedisys Home Care Employee Reviews

I enjoyed my time with Amedysis
CMA (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 29, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Amedysis. I learned alot of good job skills to take with me to other employment opportunities. I had a great team to back me up when I needed it.
scheduler/manager
scheduler/manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 11, 2017
I enjoyed working for Amedisys Home Health. it is like a family at work and the training is amazing i really enjoyed working there didn't like close of office.
Pros
very nice like a family
Cons
wish I could have stayed
Nursing in the field and office
LPN/Clinical Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJSeptember 18, 2017
Overall, very disorganized. Company is working on restructuring and taking leadership with staff. They treat the LPN's poorly. Case Manager RN's need more training in time management. Amedisys provides excellent ongoing training.
Loving, supportive, professional and caring staff.
Nurse Case Manager/Preceptor (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDSeptember 17, 2017
Busy, packed days and evenings. Was paid by the patient. We were required to complete 6 visits per day. I averaged 7-9 per day. Saw a variety of patients. Instructed patient and family about disease process, complications, etc. Monitored patients several times per week depending on acuity. A Large amount of paperwork via computer done at patients home and finished at nurses home. I thoroughly enjoyed working with patients and the autonomy working outside of the hospital setting. The job was only hard when I saw too many patients.
Pros
Great work environment and supportive staff.
Cons
Overload when I accepted too many patients.
stressful, limited staffing for growth
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MASeptember 14, 2017
This company has had a multitude of change in the past few years,
Expectations were too high, too many options to learn at once.
Resources were taken away, new management not always available when needed. Staffing for growth was limited.
Good people in this office and dedicated.
You can't trust the management in this company
LPN (Former Employee) –  Commerce, GASeptember 14, 2017
I was lied to multiple times by management. This company is all about money. They ride the fence when it comes to Medicare laws and they ask their employees to do the same.
Nice group of people to work with
IV Specialist / Home Care Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 11, 2017
Job was great ! Meeting pt., educating was my favorite part and writing my own schedule ! However the paperwork is daunting and NEVER done ! I would sit at my kitchen table and work, for free, to get the paperwork done ! They tell you to do it in the pt. house but then you can't help the pt.! Frustrating. You never get paid as much as you work because of the paperwork. The manager was great ! Helpful, kind !
Pros
Great management (in office at least !)
Cons
Too much paperwork. Pays too low !
Caring local culture
ADCS/Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 16, 2017
Caring culture. Nice people to work with on the local level. Very corporate run though. Feels like they are always around even when they're not there. Not much room for grown. The middle managers stay put.
clients residence varies
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FL 33952July 29, 2017
depending on the quality of each clients home environment Office staff is helpful and cooperative The onlly reason i did not stay as full time is the requirement of seeing 6 clients a day also being on call I don't like the idea of having to go to dangerous areas after hours.
Pros
set your own schedule
Cons
travel
Nice Place to work
Business Office Specialist / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJuly 8, 2017
Great people to work with, needed more administrative staff, too many managers, work was not evenly distributed.
the most enjoyable aspect of the job was working with the clinicians.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Top heavy with mid-management
Good place, good people
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Rosedale, MDJuly 3, 2017
Good place to work but clinicians are usually paid per visit. Naturally, there will be some good weeks and some not so good weeks. Unfortunately, there are too many weeks with few visits, little money.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No consistent weekly pay
Friendlier environment would be better and more cooperation from the cooperate level and marketing
Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 1, 2017
Hardest part of job is staffing. Enjoyed working with wounds and teaching variety of dz. Process. Enjoyed when pt goals were met and had good cg suport in the home. Enjoyed managing team of nurses and also psych nurses and including all disciplines to have better outcomes for the patient. Typical day at work is receiving referrals and get assigned the same day or next day. Receiving orders and taking orders and communicate with all disciplined. Attending team conference and continous education courses offered from employer. I learned to explorer as of why the patient may not be adherence with plan of care or with med compliance abd try to utilize all resources in home health to assit the patient.
Pros
Meeting pt outcomes
Cons
Too many roles and not enough pay
fun place to work, but can be very stressful
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Collins, MSMay 18, 2017
Being a home health it can become very stressful, dealing with all types of people. I loved working closely with them, I felt an achievement when I could contribute to there day in a positive way
Pros
close to home, able to drop off and pick up my child
Cons
poor management
Great
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Douglas, GAMay 4, 2017
This job was rewarding. I liked helping the "high risk" patients on the phone with my medical knowledge. Even though I referred the patients problems or concerns to the company's assigned nurses and therapists, it still gave me a good sense of accomplishment. The co-workers for the most part were great to work with. I also do the billing and payroll. I work with a great team!
Poor organization skills
RN Case Manager Home Health (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 12, 2016
Not very good work experience, no leadership, multiple changes in administration, CEO's, supervisors, all resigned.
Pros
Cons
everything
This was a rewarding job. The company had good intentions.
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 12, 2016
This job was rewarding. I liked helping the "high risk" patients on the phone with my medical knowledge. Even though I referred the patients problems or concerns to the company's assigned nurses and therapists, it still gave me a good sense of accomplishment. The co-workers for the most part were great to work with. Management had problems, and I often wondered if that had anything to do with three business locations getting shut down just before I got laid off.
Pros
Job was rewarding and there was a comfortable working environment.
Cons
Business got slow and patients counts were down so I got laid off
no job security or advancement opportunities
Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAApril 4, 2016
The previous business that was bought out by this agency was a very enjoyable workplace. Co-workers and field staff all worked together as a great team. Once this agency took over, most field staff found other agencies to work for. When patient census dropped, restructuring took place.
Cons
no advancement, no job security
high demand for medicare only referrals
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAJanuary 19, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Amedisys my accounts were exciting and productive . When healthcare changed Amedisys did not which made my job difficult to be successful . The demand for only wanting medicare referrals were unrealistic to make .I learn a lot here i will miss my accounts
Pros
helping the patients receive home health care
Cons
not receiving credit for all my referrals only medicare mattered
Good Qualities
Care Transition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 13, 2015
Company has good direction. Benefits are not very good.
Staff is great , very caring and gives great care.
Management at the care center is nice
Co-workers are great
Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the patients
Pros
monday - friday work schedule
Cons
terrible health insurance
Wonderful
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 22, 2015
The money is great, work life balance is awesome, flexible schedule. Can't ask for anything better. Will recommend job to family and friends.