Amedisys Employee Reviews

Show me the money
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GADecember 14, 2017
Amedisys is by far and away the greediest company I have ever worked for. They care nothing about the patients and thier only concern is the companies bottom line.
Fun and rewarding
AR Rep (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 5, 2017
Really enjoyed working there, people were great along with the management team. Always doing something to show employees that they were valued. If it weren't for my mom health issues I would have loved to retire there
Pros
Fun activities
great place to work
Hospice RN (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MEDecember 3, 2017
the organization provided a great compensation. The workplace is easy going. For the most part I enjoyed my job. would have stayed if I lived closer to the home office
What I learned
Real Estate Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 28, 2017
I learned how corporate real estate works. I was able to become familiar with the process of commercial real estate by working with vendors and employees.
Too much middle magement
Clinical Assessment Manager (Current Employee) –  VA remoteNovember 27, 2017
Management changes constantly. Lack of support for work. No flexibility by management. Micromanagement is an issue. Salary competitive. Able to work remotely.
CUlture
Shared Services Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 22, 2017
Working for Amedysis was great. Great team, stress-free work. The management was very relaxed and created a comfortable work relationship. I loved everything about the job expect the pay.
Pros
stress free
Cons
lower pay
After 1 Year
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 21, 2017
After one year with Amedisys I'm pleasantly surprised about the positive experience I've had. I do work longer hours then most but it's for a good reason. The management team is very good about recognizing accomplishments and thanking employees.
Amedisys
RN CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNNovember 21, 2017
Strong company, patient focused, teamwork; For home health Amedisys tried to focus on balanced workloads and consistent caregivers; Management responded to employee concerns
understaffed & overworked
Bereavement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pawleys Island, SCNovember 19, 2017
I didn't mind Amedisys so much at the corporate level. It was management staff in the office that was terrible. The management staff was ill-suited for their positions. However, after I left I contact Corporate HR and they moved management staff into other positions and that really helped the Myrtle Beach location.
Home health has a unique challange
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 18, 2017
This job provided great deal of satisfaction. Need to understand strategies to be a successful and productive. Only draw back driving distance could be impracticable at times.
not the picture they paint
RN (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 18, 2017
They paint a terrific picture of a flexible schedule ...great pay...good money per unit ....a unit is half an hour....and promise a number of visits per week adding up to more than your current employer is paying you. So you do the math in your head, get excited and give your notice.. Show up for orientation day one and they send you home to do your orientation on line. Thats for the visit,software, and documention orientation. You're there for weeks before you realize at the end of your guaranteed orientation pay, you don't know how to document your time (and thats what they pay you for)....you'll notice a significant dive in your paycheck and not nearly the number of visits promised and you get blown off when trying to get help. I can't count the number of texts I've received when asking for help that start with "hahahaha don't worry about it..we'll talk next time you're in." and of course...the CM and DOO tag team and are never there more than 3-4 days a week...great gigs..and the pay?...sounded great...but they don't say that you get paid for 30 minutes per visit but it takes upwards to an hour and all your documentation time is FREE...which can be equal to your visit time....now I know why people come and go so fast in a field that most nurses never leave when they get the chance to do homecare...not for this outfit...the patients don't matter, the employees don't matter....just make sure you're notes cater to medicare.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
ridiculous hours for what turns out to be peanuts for pay, revolving door, not at all dedicated to the actual patients....this is gimmick homecare at its best.....RUN
Never give you enough patients
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, ALNovember 17, 2017
I was never given enough patients to actually earn any money. I was guaranteed no less than 5 a day every day and only got 2-3 a day for more than a year. I asked several times for my work load to be increased with no results so I left.
Very laid back hours flexible
Account Receivable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 15, 2017
It is a great place to work. There is no micromanagement. They treat you as adults. The co-workers are very nice. As of what I can see it does not seen to be cut-throat.
Pros
Order lunch online and they bring it to you
Cons
have you as a temp too longand sometimes you are temp forever
Manager
RN- Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLNovember 15, 2017
The director was cut throat about supplies to the patients. I had to fight for supplies for my patients I found out it was not the company but this director. I was a contractor there so I had no benefits. I made a low wage per hour because I did not know the computer system or have great knowledge of the government regulations. It would have been better for me if I had an aid driving for me to the home so I could have worked on the paper work in the car. It would have been safer too to not go alone on these visits where there are dangerous relatives of the patients present. The aid could have started some basic tasks for the patient and I believe it would have been a more cost effect and productive visit.

This is a great job for someone who does not need to make a certain hourly wage.
The connections you make with people are over all wonderful. I did see some patients who wanted to abuse the system by trying to tell you to make your assessment worse so they would get the benefits longer but this was very few. They were the ones who knew they needed to go to a nursing home but were in denial about it. It was sad at times, because others thought we were trying to put them in a nursing home when it was only the family or MD wanted to make sure they could take their medication or do their wound treatment properly

I fought to have follow up visits included because there was not enough money as a contractor to take on new patients only.
Pros
Team with therapists, primary care MDs, weekly case management meetings
Cons
Long drive times between patients, Low wage for new patient assessments
Poor organization, management, and consistency of patient care
RN On-Call and Triage (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, NCNovember 14, 2017
Typical day at work: changes day to day, expect anything
Learned: workplace and nursing skills that will improve the quality of my work
Management: poor leadership, chaotic, inconsistent
Culture: biased
Hardest part: Chaotic and inconsistent leadership
Most enjoyable part: being able to positively affect patients and families
Pros
flexibility
Cons
inconsistencies with leadership and expectations
Great company
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Goochland, VANovember 10, 2017
Amedisys is a great company doing what they do for patients. I have nothing bad to say about the company at all.
We are a team building company that rely on each other for all aspects of the job.
Patient care comes first and it shows with most of the field clinicians we have.
Hardest part of the job is leaving for I have loved my job with them.
I am part of a RIF and am sorry to leave.
Pros
Love the programs they use
Cons
Management, benefits weren't the best
poor work environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 7, 2017
It was a very poor work environment, no appreciation for what you did. Poor compensation for hard work. Always working short staffed and just run into the ground
Not a bad place to work
Clinical Assessment Mgr/Team Lead /Clinical Mgr (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VANovember 2, 2017
Strong integrity culture. Decent management. Day to day politics is not really different than any other home health agency. Benefits are decent and upper management support is good.
stressful traveling position
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toccoa, GANovember 2, 2017
Stressful schedule, excessive charting, and many more unpaid hours of work after patient is cared for. Must work home visits around their scheduled MD appointments, cant visit if saw dr in same day due to insurance. Amount of charting exceeds double the time you actually care for the patient.
Pros
pay
Cons
gas, charting
Management in my location was awful
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 2, 2017
Benefits and paid time off were very good. Salary was very good. I loved working with patients and their families but the office culture was toxic. If not a member of the clique, it was a hostile workplace.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Lack of respect if not in the "management clique".

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amedisys. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8