Amedisys

Amedisys Employer Reviews

QAmedisys
LPN (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 20, 2014
Pros: patients
Cons: management
Poor organizational skills,not focused on patient care, more concerned about number of clients, high turn over in nurses.
The joy in my job was my patients and trying to meet there needs and gain there trust, but the amount of computer work was very overwhelming
Nice workplace
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAAugust 19, 2014
Cons: healthcare is expensive
Amedisys is a nice comfortable place to work.
There is never ending knowledge advancement opportunities.
The environment is very warm and co-workers are like family.
It's easy to get comfortable.
There is never a shortage of work and always room for skill growth.
A supportive place to work
Case Manager (Current Employee), Brandon, FLAugust 14, 2014
I have been working PRN for Amedisys for 5 years and have always been treated fairly. I choose the days I can work, how many patients I can see in one day and what type of service is needed. I feel Ihave always been treated fairly and will continue to work for them as long as I can. I have learned a lot about cace management of the patients I am caring – more... for, as well a medicare regulations. The hardest part of the job is the follow up with the doctors and getting return phone calls in a timely manner. But the most enjoyable part of my job is to see the patients accept the teaching I provide and to watch them improve and get well. – less
Standard Home Health Care
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLAugust 7, 2014
Pros: the things that i learned for advancement
Cons: when management chanded
Processed state forms, opened and got Medicare license for another office that was being opened. Supply orders for medical supplies and office supplies. inventory on the supplies. scheduling for field staff. physicians orders and faxing for signature. Payroll and training.
Very rewarding
Hospice RN/Case Manager (Former Employee), White Marsh, MDAugust 6, 2014
Pros: schedule was flexible
Cons: no cons
Amedisys is a wonderful company to work for. It is competitive
in the workforce.
poor family life
Nursing (Former Employee), North Central WVAugust 5, 2014
Pros: nurses who truly cared and bent over backwards for the patients
Cons: computers, no compassion from management, poor scheduling of patient's in relation to drive distance, grouping patient's that live closely to one another, etc.
Computer system out of date, with computers that are older than myself. Assignments would average 7/8 a day and drive time would be as much as 6 hours also. The hours worked in the day were very unpredictable, but management didn't care. Just no missed visits. Unable to make reasonable money for the wear and tear on the vehicle, time spent in office – more... with IT, and driving an hour from one patient to another. When management notified of inability to see all on schedule, response was, "it's got to be done, figure it out." Although it was hard to find anyone in the office before 8am or after 4:50pm. Respect for the people in the field was not present. I could not believe when they stated confusion on why there is a huge turnover rate.
On top of spending hours in the field, it is also required that the clinician log on at certain times of day to complete conference call, and training. This in not reasonable. These sessions should be recorded and available for staff to compete when they have the time. Especially those who are only per-diem and work at other facilities. This is just another example of a fail on the upper management team and how they do not take into consideration time management for their field personal. Flexibility is not present at all, which was how the job was originally sold to me. I guess it was my misunderstanding, I was the one who was required to be extremely flexible to meet their needs.
I gave the company more stars for job retention due to the fact the turn over rate is huge and they are always needing people. – less
I love working with elderly patients and my nitch is in psych.
RN Home Health Psychiatric/Geriatric Nurse (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALAugust 5, 2014
I have found what is the perfect job! Working with elderly psychiatric patients is awesome and rewarding. They have a unique blend that I am able to relate to and assist.
Hearts in the right place but.....
Operations Manager (Former Employee), New YorkJuly 23, 2014
Pros: good use of technology, always looking for better ways to provide care and meet the needs of patients
Cons: pay structure based on new orleans base of operations, other major markets forced to underpay staff or recruit less than top level candidates.
Not a bad place to work, but try too hard to make each office a cookie cutter operation. No variances allowed for local needs.
Great fun supportive place to work
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Salem, ORJuly 19, 2014
Pros: supportive management, good place to work
Cons: no breaks, high acuity, driving long distances w/o consideration how milage effects acuity, they want 5 points daily.
Fun supportive place to work, great pay, benefits, milage reimbursement.
I wasn't there long enough to summarize my job experience correctly
Account Executive (Former Employee), Monroe, LAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: too many people telling me what to do and they were all conflicting
Amedisys had an incredible amount of changes happen while I was there. I feel I cannot give a proper review of the company because I was with them so briefly due to corporate downsizing.
LPN Med-Surg
Case Manager / Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Jefferson City, TNJuly 1, 2014
Excellent small hospital to begin working as a new nurse. Very kind nurses and doctors.
Would recommend to anyone with Home Health experience.
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: supportive and productive work environment. great teamwork.
Exceptional,dedicated and skilled staff provide excellent patient care. Coworkers could not be more pleasant or helpful.
cooperative and pleasant atmosphere
RN Hospice (Current Employee), South Portland, MaineJune 28, 2014
Pros: mutual respect
Cons: long hours lots of travel
I have been in nursing for 40 years. Amedisys has one of the most comprehensive orientations I have ever attended. The management team is professional. The staff is top notch. My clinical manager has the highest ethical standards of just about anyone I have ever worked for. My preceptors' knowledge was outstanding. I love this company.
Great learning opportunity for the field of medical social work.
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee), Roseburg, ORJune 27, 2014
Pros: driving the speed limit for every visit and never sitting in traffic!
Cons: scheduling a full day into a four hour afternoon!
A typical day for me includes driving approximately 50 miles to provide In Home MSW assessments to determine patient's need for long-term services/resources needed to maintain living independently in their home.
I have learned a great deal about medical challenges affecting the elderly community and the barriers preventing a full recovery, e.g. extremely – more... limited resources competing with unrealistic eligibility criteria in public assistance programs.
My co-workers and boss are truly amazing! The hardest part of my job is not having enough patient's who enjoy an appointment before 11am! The most enjoyable part of my job is when I know I've made a difference for a family who felt completely lost and overwhelmed. – less
A Great Company to work for
CLINICAL EDUCATOR (Former Employee), LouisianaJune 24, 2014
Pros: great mission, patient driven care
Based on doing the right thing for the patient always, this is the best home care company that I've ever worked for. Unfortunately, with reimbursement cuts the company has had to scale back on operations in order to maintain viability. This has resulted in massive job cuts, including mine!
No respect or acknowledgement of good work
Former employee (Former Employee), WVJune 18, 2014
Cons: poor compensation, lack of respect, nonexistent communication.
This is a company in the midst of lots of changes on the corporate structure side. Upper management will say all the right things, but behind closed doors the focus is numbers, numbers, numbers. If you aren't willing to sell your soul and be a mindless drone bringing in business, you will have a target on your back from day one. Managers running the – more... show are very out of touch with what occurs on a day to day basis and have ridiculously unrealistic expectations for productivity. – less
Exciting opportunity to grow a start-up agency.
Account Executive/Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 18, 2014
I learned alot about team-building and working towards a common goal.
Atlanta Office - STAY AWAY! Incompetent Management Makes Your Life Miserable; Errors in My Paycheck 3x; Impossible to Deliver Exceptional Patient Care
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta (North/Sandy Springs), GAJune 10, 2014
Pros: with high employee turnover great opportunity to make new friends
Cons: management incompetent, long hours; too much time spent driving around
This is a great place to work if you enjoy working 16 hrs/day at a job paying overtime at less than minimum wage (through a legal FSLA loophole for piece-rate or pay per visit employees), you like office management - which changes almost every 6 months - placing unrealistic expectations on you with no promotion or pay increase, you enjoy spending 2+ – more... hours a day in your car (so you can't complete charting) travelling to patients homes and you take pleasure in being treated in a disrespectful, unprofessional, demeaning, and uncaring way.

It's mind-blowing how horrible management of this company hasn't driven it into bankruptcy. They recently ousted the CEO of the company and so far haven't found anyone willing to take on this train-wreck.

The longest an RN Case Manager has stayed at this company in the Atlanta office is almost two years!! Turnover from the top of this office to the field staff is unbelievably high - no one stays for long.

Management doesn't care how geographically dispersed patient assignments (could be eliminated if assigned territories, but aren't) take up a lot of time and result in longer than necessary days. Management doesn't care if you're assigned to work almost 20 days in a row because they can't keep weekend RNs. Management doesn't care if you were lied to about hours and how much you were to be paid after training. Management isn't concerned about patient care one inch past what regulations require. – less
Enjoyable people to work with in the Homecare Field.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJune 9, 2014
Pros: meetings on tuesdays with free items such at breakfast & snacks
Cons: alot of traveling involved for the big area we encompassed in all 3 counties.
I thoroughly enjoyed everyone at this job..I was very sad to not be able to relocate with the company to Brandon, FL at the end of April 2014.
excellent
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJune 2, 2014
Pros: i liked visiting patient i their home environment and providing education them.
Cons: every home environment is different and you never know what to expect in advance.
Typical day began at the office where I received my daily assignment. I visited patient homes and performed care. My day was divided between admissions, discharges, post hospital assessment, wound care, draw draws, pro-time monitoring, education and communication with doctors.

1 2 3 4 5

About Amedisys

Amedisys' philosophy, "Taking care of your loved ones as we would our own," has guided their growth into one of the – Read more