Amedisys

Amedisys Employer Reviews

terrible management
sales (Former Employee), ncMarch 20, 2015
Pros: salary
Cons: dont care about patients
All about medicare they don't want insurance patients. They discharge patients that cost to much and keep patients that are profitable. management is bad all the way to the top.
AVOID if your a patient.
A positvie work environment where your input is valued
Software Implementation Specialist (Current Employee), Bellaire, TXMarch 20, 2015
My role is as a Software Implementaion Specialist. I particiapte in testing and escalating defects to the development team, travel to implement the software to the company office staff and clinicians, and develop training materials for implementation. Prior to this role I was a Clinical Educator to the new hires and current employees in the care center where a I presented a 3 day live class on home health care.
Unrealistic expectations of all staff members
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS (Former Employee), Bluefield,WVMarch 15, 2015
Expected to work 70+ hrs per week to complete all job duties. Extremely short-staffed. High turnover rate. Horrible experience.
Amedisys
Account Executive (Current Employee), Augusta, GAMarch 7, 2015
Amedisys is a leading home health and hospice care company focused on bringing home the continuum of care. We deliver personalized home health and hospice care to thousands of patients and their families, in the comfort of their own homes.
Long extensive computer work!!! Never ending
RN (Former Employee), Mobile, AlMarch 6, 2015
Pros: Zero
Cons: Never ending computer work, poor training and mgmnt !
Do not work for this company. They push visits on Medicare pt's to get paid, poor training, poor management and will Fire you for someone else's mistake to cover their own. Not worth the time, money and dedication to put into a place that does not appreciate what you do.
Very outgoing place to work
Case Manager/Field Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMarch 4, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: too much charting required
Responsibilities were to provide nursing care for patients. Provided support for their families and/or caregivers.
The hardest part of the job was seeing patients all day long and then had to spend many hours at night completing the charting and preparing for the next day.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the flexibility. I also enjoyed having the patient contact.
Great Business
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDMarch 3, 2015
Great business, I enjoyed working with the clinicians as well. I learned how to do payroll, schedule patients and verify benefits.
FRIENDLY STAFF
Business Office Manager (Former Employee), hicksville nyMarch 2, 2015
I was in charge of office management/payroll for 40 staff members/HR on boarding all new staff members.. responsible for all purchasing. the most enjoyable part of my job was helping the clinicians and helping the patients
Great co workers
Duties- Psych Nurse / case management- Home visits (Former Employee), Rogersville, TNMarch 2, 2015
Pros: rewarding job
Cons: long hrs
Busy schedule, home visits..learned OASIS..fair management...great staff..long hrs.. loved the pt care..disliked doing extensive notes after hrs.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Case Manager RN (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 1, 2015
Pros: working by your self/responsible for accurate decision making
Cons: time managemnet
A TYPICAL DAY CONSISTS OF TIME MANAGEMENT/ENSURING THE PATIENTS YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR HAVE THEIR MEDICATION/PROVIDING EDU TO MEDS AND SAFETY/PROVIDING ONGOING SUPPORT TO FAMILY AND PATIENT/ASSESSMENT FOR PAIN/NEEDS/CONTACTING PHARMACY FOR MEDICATION/CONTACTING MD FOR PT REVIEWS, NEEDS, INCREASE PAIN, PAIN CONTROLL/DOCUMENTATIONS ACCURACY
Very reliable long term company that values employees
Care Transitions Coordinator/Account Executive (Current Employee), Rincon, GAFebruary 27, 2015
I loved marketing here, the benefits were okay but my AVP made it all worth because he is really supportive and understanding.
Excellent benefits, excellent staff
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), ParkersburgFebruary 26, 2015
Home Health overall is time consuming and is a type of career that one must really want to do. You day starts at 8:15 am with morning call and then you have your home visits which you need to do 6 weighted visits a day or 30 a week. You are on call and work one weekend a month.
Care Transition Co-ordinator Atlanta
CTC (Former Employee), Atlanta,GaFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: nothing at all
Please don't waste your time on this CTC position in Atlanta. This Manager has had at least 4 nurses leave in the past year. I was one of them. It's a horrible job, no pay, and the after hours time will eat you alive. I left after a few months.It's Case Management not sales-I was told multiple lies- The car doesn't come for 3 months, Mileage re-imbursement doesn't pay you to enter and exit the territory, the computer sucks and takes forever to enter data. I don't work in Nursing homes and that is your call point. AWFUL!!! You also have LPN's with the same job as an RN/BSN, that is wrong on every level.
ok job
Case Manager field nurse (Former Employee), PAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: always busy
at the time work was hard because management was different I understand they have new people in place
Wonderful place to work.
Business Office Manager (Former Employee), Danville, KYJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: continue education.
Cons: had to move out of area due to cut backs.
Everyone knew what there job duties were and work independently daily. We all enjoyed each other company. Had lots of cook outs. Work together at holidays to feed and provide gifts for less fortunate ones. A very loving and caring family to work with!
Continue to learn daily. Skilled care very caring and took the best care of there patients that could be given. Management always had there door open to you.
I loved working here.
LPN (Former Employee), Huntington, WVJanuary 16, 2015
It was fast past and I loved it. I loved my patients as well as my co workers. It was unfortunate that I had to relocate because that was one of the best jobs that I have ever had. I was blessed to have it @ all.
Too many clicks!
Psychiatric RN, Full-time (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: good pay.
Cons: the immature and unprofessional staff. long hours.
hen I first started working for it Amedisys I loved it I was the Psychiatric RN the only one. I worked psychiatric cases and I worked medical cases, admissions, resumption of care, nursing visits etc. Most days i would see 5 psych patients, 1-2 admissions or a recert, roc etc. Some nights I was up to 1-2am completing my work. IT was awful, after awhile it got so overwhelming that I just had to quit I had no social life, no family life and no one cared the DOO and the clinical manager became spiteful and childish when I complained about all the work that I had piled up in front of me while their buddies ( other RNs) would have 'office days'. I was told I had a bad attitude. I have never worked with such a immature, unprofessional group of people until I worked at Amedisys. The pay was not worth the workload and the disrespect I received.
horrible experience
PT (Former Employee), Agawam MAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: can't really name any
Cons: computers for documentation barely work, no training, program for documentation is not user friendly
I should have run when they tried to hire me within 5 minutes. I was introduced as a new PT before I accepted the position. The training was poor -they handed me a laptop and told me do their training online.
The computer was really awkward. It was redundant and had many problems. Coworkers could be heard daily expressing frustration with their laptops. Mine was no different and ended with some fatal exception error on the registry which would cause it to stop working.
It was apparent quickly that they didn't care if I could use the computer and just wanted me treating ASAP. When the shortage grew worse with therapist it was decided that my training was over and I was forced on my own barely able to get through any documentation. When I failed the office was very sarcastic and non supportive. This went on for a bit before I pulled the plug - no per visit job was worth the total lack of any support that they provided.
I still remember the day I had a meeting with the regional manager - he told me they liked to throw their employees into the deep end and see how they do. It was my last day.
Use to be a great place to work years ago . Then went down the drain SOUTH NASHVILLE TN OFFICE 0535
Field Clinical Home Health nurse (Former Employee), Nashville-Davidson, TNJanuary 14, 2015
I worked for this company for over 11 years . The first 8 was great . We were all a family and slowly they let good people go .. Had wonderful directors and Corporate cared at that time . Then depression hit the USA and everything went to down hill very quick. We could not keep a Office Director went through 4 within 1 1/2 years and numerous clinical managers . We have not gotten a raise in 3 years ... There was management that was brought in that did not stand behind their team . If there was a complaint about anything it was blamed on an employee and that employee wasn't even allowed to tell their side of the story . DOO just states " There is no reason to beat a dead horse this is what I have decided." Anything to save her butt and throw you under the bus .
Watch out if state comes in your license is on the line because she will blame you of anything ( even if she is the one that told you to do so she denies it ) to keep herself out of it and play innocent . The company has went down hill quick .
Cold hearted people to work for now.. Pushes you to the limit . Tells you that you will be on call 1 weekend a month ends up 2 or 3 plus during the week and all holidays ..
If you are putting an application in for this office GOOD LUCK TO YOU.
The turn over rate for nurses is unbelievable.. Can not keep LPN's due to they are treated as if they are no body and get all the hardest and furthest out visits ,ones that takes the longest and most of all the patient that is disrespectful and hard to deal with all go to the LPN ..
Home Health
Home health nurse (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Great place to work if time is not an issue and if able to carry on your day without assist. Spent many evenings after work, completing work or answering phone calls from patients or related to patients. Loved working with the patients.

1 2 3 4 5

About Amedisys

Amedisys' philosophy, "Taking care of your loved ones as we would our own," has guided their growth into one of the – Read more

Amedisys Salaries