Amedisys Employee Reviews

Worst place I've ever worked.
I.T. (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 13, 2015
Pros: coworkers were great
Cons: Terrible management/vision
I worked in I.T., it had an amazingly high turn over. Management bullied staff frequently. Never ever, will I ever work there again.
Psych Nurses please READ!
Psychiatric Nurse (Former Employee), Butler, PennsylvaniaMay 13, 2015
Pros: some great caring co-workers( though undervaluing psych), love the patients, always have!
Cons: psych intervention is not valued though desperately needed !
I was hired by a director so excited to "grow"an almost nonexistent psych program ( why is psych program weak?)I was told marketing would focus on this and I would be considered a psych RN , not a medical RN.

I waited and waited and waited. I saw mostly medical patients . Did some serious wound care that many psych nurses dread
Not one referral from my co-workers! Our home care clients suffer from depression, anxiety, pain , grief, loss, confusion, fears, phobias, mental health disorders, addictions. Were they even told I could help them??
Not a bit of support from mgmt in driving these needed referrals from non-psych team.
Check out the home care deficiencies and you will find psych intervention is often not being utilized.
I think it is a reimbursement issue and a lack of understanding of psych as well as that territorial nature of some home care nurses.
Home care is tough and tougher when your discipline is just not valued like you first heard on that winning interview!
Not even a comment or good bye from the director who hired me.
Field Services Scheduler
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee), Uniontown, PAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: salary
Was a multi-tasker; did payroll, scheduled nurses and therapists visits to patient homes. Also, was a back-up office manager and supply coordinator.
amazing company
State Registered Nurses Aide (Former Employee), tennesseMay 12, 2015
cares about employees. co workers go out of the way to help each other. quick to handle out of hand patients. incredible place to work overall
Absolutely Awesome
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 6, 2015
I love working for Amedisys amazing people. management does an amazing job, jumping through hoops to ensure their employees are taken care of. I love to 1 on 1 time with my patients
work day
Case Manager/ Clinical Manager (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCApril 16, 2015
Pros: hospice
Cons: to large of area to cover
I am only prn and not getting enough hours in a week would like more hours or full time however this office cover to large of an area for me to be able to get to patient in a timely manner from where I live in Campobello area and a lot of pt are in greenwood and Clinton sc
Business Office Specialist
Business Office Specialist (Current Employee), Gastonia, NCApril 16, 2015
Pros: One Hour lunches
Cons: Not organize
I am responsible for performance and accuracy of data input
Maintenance of patient medical records and data as well as the tracking systems for physician’s orders.Participate and work in a collaborative manner to assists in the timely and accurate submission of billing and payroll .Verify and continuously monitor Medicaid authorizations, approvals, and visits.Maintain office supply and medical inventory supply and distribution. The most hardset part of my job is remaing organize at all times.
Amedisys
RN, CASE MANAGER, PRN CLINICAL MGR (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAApril 11, 2015
Pros: Patients, Learning new skills, Continued education
Cons: Long Drives, Compensation, Poor Communication - Management
I believe, as a whole, Amedisys is a good company. As far as the interoffice communication, it is lacking. My branch is a small office, and tension mounts easily among the employees with the director. Turnover rate is high due to staff quitting and patient overload. The hardest part of my job was traveling all over the countryside from patient to patient and being able to complete my paperwork. I spent many nights completing documentation, because if I documented at the patient's home, I would never make it to all the scheduled patients for any particular day. The most enjoyable part was definitely the patients. I loved to care for them, provide education, and facilitate any way I could to keep them home - safely and independently.
A company values its resources
Analyst and Software Developer (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LouisianaApril 10, 2015
A company values its resources.
Put human resources before monetary gain.
Fun place to work.
Always making remember us who we work for.
Always tries employees to have careers, not jobs.
Mandatory trainings.
Great pleasure working with clinicians and office staffs
Busness Office Specialist, Medical Records (Former Employee), Pleasant Hill, CAApril 3, 2015
-Exceptionally assisted, led and coordinated patient care services
-Extremely goal directed, well organized, proficient, adaptable and flexible
-Efficient, highly knowledgeable and well trained business office staff
-Answering questions and proficient in ascertaining patient care information and disseminating it securely to appropriate professionals
-Highly effective in communicating with colleagues and is well received by all staff
-Dedicated, hardworking, reliable, flexible and responsible employee
-Positive attitude toward each and every person she interacting with, whether on the phone or in person
-Prioritize and reprioritize as new demands or projects arise
-Punctual and has an excellent attendance
-Motivate, self direct and be able to do any job in the office
-Excellent in performing multiple tasks
-Responsible for entering patients, accurately complete the registration process and determine if the patient has been on service with other agency
-Assisted Business Manager with 2011 Medicare Audit
GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR!
RN TEAM LEADER (Former Employee), PULASKI TNMarch 30, 2015
Pros: CLOSE TO HOME
Cons: LOTS OF PAPER WORK
THIS IS A GREAT COMPANY, VERY FAIR TO ALL EMPLOYEES, BENEFITS ARE GREAT, UP TO DATE ON ALL TECHNOLOGY, SALARY IS COMPETITVE
GREAT WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Clinical Manager-RN-FT (promoted) (Current Employee), Portland, ORMarch 23, 2015
Pros: growth and development
OPPORTUNITY TO ADVANCE AND GROW AS A CLINICIAN. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF MY JOB WAS MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF MY PATIENTS AND FAMILIES.
terrible management
sales (Former Employee), ncMarch 20, 2015
Pros: salary
Cons: dont care about patients
All about medicare they don't want insurance patients. They discharge patients that cost to much and keep patients that are profitable. management is bad all the way to the top.
AVOID if your a patient.
A positvie work environment where your input is valued
Software Implementation Specialist (Current Employee), Bellaire, TXMarch 20, 2015
My role is as a Software Implementaion Specialist. I particiapte in testing and escalating defects to the development team, travel to implement the software to the company office staff and clinicians, and develop training materials for implementation. Prior to this role I was a Clinical Educator to the new hires and current employees in the care center where a I presented a 3 day live class on home health care.
Unrealistic expectations of all staff members
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS (Former Employee), Bluefield,WVMarch 15, 2015
Expected to work 70+ hrs per week to complete all job duties. Extremely short-staffed. High turnover rate. Horrible experience.
Account Executive (Current Employee), Augusta, GAMarch 7, 2015
Amedisys is a leading home health and hospice care company focused on bringing home the continuum of care. We deliver personalized home health and hospice care to thousands of patients and their families, in the comfort of their own homes.
Long extensive computer work!!! Never ending
RN (Former Employee), Mobile, AlMarch 6, 2015
Pros: Zero
Cons: Never ending computer work, poor training and mgmnt !
Do not work for this company. They push visits on Medicare pt's to get paid, poor training, poor management and will Fire you for someone else's mistake to cover their own. Not worth the time, money and dedication to put into a place that does not appreciate what you do.
Very outgoing place to work
Case Manager/Field Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMarch 4, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: too much charting required
Responsibilities were to provide nursing care for patients. Provided support for their families and/or caregivers.
The hardest part of the job was seeing patients all day long and then had to spend many hours at night completing the charting and preparing for the next day.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the flexibility. I also enjoyed having the patient contact.
Great Business
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDMarch 3, 2015
Great business, I enjoyed working with the clinicians as well. I learned how to do payroll, schedule patients and verify benefits.
FRIENDLY STAFF
Business Office Manager (Former Employee), hicksville nyMarch 2, 2015
I was in charge of office management/payroll for 40 staff members/HR on boarding all new staff members.. responsible for all purchasing. the most enjoyable part of my job was helping the clinicians and helping the patients

1 2 3 4 5

About Amedisys

Amedisys' philosophy, "Taking care of your loved ones as we would our own," has guided their growth into one of the – Read more

Amedisys Salaries