Amedisys Employee Reviews

Co-workers helpful
RN (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAFebruary 4, 2017
I was hired into role that I never did from day one. The old bait and switch routine. Then on top of that all the branch supervisors left and along comes some big wigs having the nerve to write me up for occurrences the leaving administration did not do? Absolutely absurd. I can't recommend this place and let's not forget the tons and tons of charting.
Pros
Hardly anything worth mentioning
Cons
Over worked, Poor training, No Communication, Poor Management and a Revolving Door
Very large and growing company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 26, 2017
Amedisys is a very forward thinking Home Health company that has grown and undergone many changes in upper management in the past few years. As all home health companies, Medicare and other government agencies required compliance with a lot of regulations and constant change is the norm. I worked with a large number of very gifted and productive clinicians and other staff.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Many top level changes.
For the most part it was a pleasant work environment although there was a very high turnover in management.
Business Office Specialist/Intake Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NC 28054February 3, 2017
Mostly pleasant place to work. At first the management staff was very nice and pleasant to work with. Within a few months, everything changed, unfortunately not to the better. Staff was frustrated due to lack of organization. It was hard to be there and do a good job when you don't have good management.
Psychiatric nurse.
Psychiatric Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 2, 2017
Performed psychiatric assessments on geriatric patients in their homes or places of residence due to multiple losses and difficulty for the caregiver to manage due to a change in their behavior. Medication were added, changed or dosages adjudged by the physician and I monitored weekly for any changes in behavior or side effects as well as teaching the patient and caregiver in regards to disease process. The most enjoyable part of my job was the contact with the patient's and their families. I loved the job itself, the management was great, the workplace culture was good, there was a continuing education program. The hardest part of the job was the paperwork/documentation.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Lengthy documentation taken home for hours every night.
Wonderful patients who need good care!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNJanuary 9, 2017
When I first started at Amedisys I loved my job. It was patient focused and there seemed to be good employee morale. After 6-8 months there things changed drastically. Morale dropped. The office seemed to focus only on numbers, dollars, and scores. Patient care seemed to be of less importance.
Pros
Flexible work environment, great patients
Cons
Numbers and dollars focused
Excellent company to work for
LPN (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKNovember 29, 2016
This company is excellent to work for and has great benefits. Salary is good. The only drawback with this company as with any Home Health company is census. When the census is low there isn't enough work to go around. The people I work with is awesome and the atmosphere is wonderful. I will continue to work for this company part time or PRN because it is a great company to work for.
Pros
great benefits, great salary
Cons
low census so not enough work
Horrible Corporation
Case Manger (Former Employee) –  Munster, IndianaFebruary 22, 2017
Avoid the Munster Indiana office- chaotic and the only concern is revenue. Frequent management turn over and getting supplies (catheters, dressing supplies, etc) is like pulling teeth. Pay per visit- wage works out to very little when you add in evening and weekends spent doing paperwork, taking phone calls, time spent traveling.
Pros
Nice patients
Cons
Nasty managment
Great place to work.
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJanuary 3, 2017
Enjoyed working. Paid vacations, great benefit package.office staff very supportive. Full time work. Can work around private life. Overtime is approved. Fast growing company in Yuma. Field staff charting is on tablets. Streamlined charting.
Pros
you can center work around your private life, great benfit package. full time, part time andprn available.
Harrassing and Hostile work environment
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAOctober 28, 2016
The management has no business managing, they work on threats. Nobody ever gets kudos for doing anything right. New people coming in don't get adequate training. They micro manage and if they want you to correct something and you don't because they won't train you correctly to do so, then they punish you by making you do ridiculous things like I've seen them make nurses come into the office at 8 am and transmit paperwork before they could go and see patients. It's all about training that the employees don't get and it' all about retaliation
Pros
offer benefits
Cons
no raises, no benefits for working there
Culture and other stuff
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJOctober 24, 2016
this could be a great company to work for if management/the powers that be valued their employees. their approach is "Everyone can be replaced" you are constantly expected to go above and beyond and to continue to add on to your work load despite of how impossible an unattainable their expectations are. Your hard work, dependability and exceptional service is constantly over looked. If they took care of their employees, their employees would take care of their clients.
Pros
pay, some really good people
Cons
Management, Director, work load expectations are unrealistic, lack of empathy for workers
Thought i found my home...I WAS WRONG
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYNovember 29, 2016
I was referred by a friend. It was easy work, easy ppl and nobody was breathing down my back about deadlines. Even on my roughest day the pros outweighed the cons. Then 2 days before thanksgiving @ 3:30 i got an IM to come into my boss ofc & i was laid off! Happy Holidays from Amedisys 🎁
Pros
Lots of office lunches/parties
Cons
No job security
The people were Awesome!!!
BUSINESS OFFICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCNovember 29, 2016
Amedisys was a great place to work. The people were very supportive. You were always encouraged to make your duties work best for you. The director had a opened door policy. She answered every and all questions.They were quick to recognize a job well done.
Pros
breakfast and lunch often. benifits
Cons
some days were to busy to take a lunch
Run!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GANovember 17, 2016
Only good thing is pay rate. The office is undependable and management is a joke. Field staff and a select few from the office are great but overall management is not helpful or client focused. Money driven. Large coverage area and not enough staff to accomodate.
Pros
Pay rate. Field staff and co workers
Cons
Management, money driven, large coverage area, lots of traveling, no flexibility
Best Home Care Agency
Former Director (Current Employee) –  Mobile, AlDecember 30, 2016
I have been an employee for Amedisys for 14 years! I started in the field and advanced to Management. Great company with an amazing vision. They care about the outcome of patient care and strive to be ahead of changes in healthcare. Was flexible while I pursued an advanced degree.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Lots of paperwork
Not a good place to work Morgantown wv
HHA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Morgantown wvOctober 10, 2016
This is not a good place to work the management have no clue what they are doing they try to work you to death 8 to 10 patients a day and also do not give raises if they don't like you they find a way to get rid of you you travel way to much for the 45 cents a mile you get and they are very unfair when it comes to pay rate I made more there then girl who worked years there the benefits aren't that good eother they also can not keep managers I had 4 different directors while I was there for a year
Pros
Great patients and co workers
Cons
Bad benifits short breaks no raises
opportunity for advancement and growth
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Athens, TNOctober 9, 2016
Good for long term employment, provides ability to manage schedule and territories.
This is a nationwide company so opportunities are available if needing to relocate.
The pay is average with several benefits to choose from. I find the team atmosphere is encouraged while providing opportunities for being self motivated.
Pros
good pay, company vehicle for high mileage drivers, flexible schedule, team atmosphere
great company to work for
Support Systems Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 1, 2017
they were a good company to work for strong work ethics and a good leadership. strong community and a by the books mentality. very friendly and helpful if you have problems and are generally willing to work with you if you have some out of work emergencies.
Pros
employee stock option, 401k
Compassionate company and dedicated employees
RN Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDNovember 30, 2016
I started out in this company as a Case Manager and then became a Preceptor and then a Clinical Manager. I learned how home health and hospice worked in homes and how visits needed to be skillable for Medicare/Insurances to pay, and to teach patients how to manage their own healthcare.
Good Company with Good Benefits
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 17, 2017
Worked in management and it was a good learning experience. Provided with a lot of training and support.
Difficult training positions for home health staff with limited resources. Management was lean in this company.
Pros
Good learning environment
Cons
Growth was challenging
Poor place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 28, 2016
This is a great place to work if you like change because they can't keep office staff or clinical staff if their life depended on it! Employees are all unhappy. Both clinical managers are incompetent and could not safe a life if their life depended on it! The staffers are very unorganized and can't get it together. HR lady messes up your check every pay period and you have to keep track of your pay! The DOO makes multiple promises that she can't keep and plays favorites!! The VP promises changes that never get made but are made just to buy time and shut staff up!! So if you like all of this above then yes it's the place for you!!!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amedisys. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8