Amedisys

Amedisys Employer Reviews

I loved working here.
LPN (Former Employee), Huntington, WVJanuary 16, 2015
It was fast past and I loved it. I loved my patients as well as my co workers. It was unfortunate that I had to relocate because that was one of the best jobs that I have ever had. I was blessed to have it @ all.
Too many clicks!
Psychiatric RN, Full-time (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: good pay.
Cons: the immature and unprofessional staff. long hours.
hen I first started working for it Amedisys I loved it I was the Psychiatric RN the only one. I worked psychiatric cases and I worked medical cases, admissions, resumption of care, nursing visits etc. Most days i would see 5 psych patients, 1-2 admissions or a recert, roc etc. Some nights I was up to 1-2am completing my work. IT was awful, after awhile it got so overwhelming that I just had to quit I had no social life, no family life and no one cared the DOO and the clinical manager became spiteful and childish when I complained about all the work that I had piled up in front of me while their buddies ( other RNs) would have 'office days'. I was told I had a bad attitude. I have never worked with such a immature, unprofessional group of people until I worked at Amedisys. The pay was not worth the workload and the disrespect I received.
horrible experience
PT (Former Employee), Agawam MAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: can't really name any
Cons: computers for documentation barely work, no training, program for documentation is not user friendly
I should have run when they tried to hire me within 5 minutes. I was introduced as a new PT before I accepted the position. The training was poor -they handed me a laptop and told me do their training online.
The computer was really awkward. It was redundant and had many problems. Coworkers could be heard daily expressing frustration with their laptops. Mine was no different and ended with some fatal exception error on the registry which would cause it to stop working.
It was apparent quickly that they didn't care if I could use the computer and just wanted me treating ASAP. When the shortage grew worse with therapist it was decided that my training was over and I was forced on my own barely able to get through any documentation. When I failed the office was very sarcastic and non supportive. This went on for a bit before I pulled the plug - no per visit job was worth the total lack of any support that they provided.
I still remember the day I had a meeting with the regional manager - he told me they liked to throw their employees into the deep end and see how they do. It was my last day.
Use to be a great place to work years ago . Then went down the drain SOUTH NASHVILLE TN OFFICE 0535
Field Clinical Home Health nurse (Former Employee), Nashville-Davidson, TNJanuary 14, 2015
I worked for this company for over 11 years . The first 8 was great . We were all a family and slowly they let good people go .. Had wonderful directors and Corporate cared at that time . Then depression hit the USA and everything went to down hill very quick. We could not keep a Office Director went through 4 within 1 1/2 years and numerous clinical managers . We have not gotten a raise in 3 years ... There was management that was brought in that did not stand behind their team . If there was a complaint about anything it was blamed on an employee and that employee wasn't even allowed to tell their side of the story . DOO just states " There is no reason to beat a dead horse this is what I have decided." Anything to save her butt and throw you under the bus .
Watch out if state comes in your license is on the line because she will blame you of anything ( even if she is the one that told you to do so she denies it ) to keep herself out of it and play innocent . The company has went down hill quick .
Cold hearted people to work for now.. Pushes you to the limit . Tells you that you will be on call 1 weekend a month ends up 2 or 3 plus during the week and all holidays ..
If you are putting an application in for this office GOOD LUCK TO YOU.
The turn over rate for nurses is unbelievable.. Can not keep LPN's due to they are treated as if they are no body and get all the hardest and furthest out visits ,ones that takes the longest and most of all the patient that is disrespectful and hard to deal with all go to the LPN ..
Home Health
Home health nurse (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Great place to work if time is not an issue and if able to carry on your day without assist. Spent many evenings after work, completing work or answering phone calls from patients or related to patients. Loved working with the patients.
Lots of hard work, but excellent care to the patients
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee), Elizabethton, TNJanuary 13, 2015
Good group of employees to work with. Hospice is a calling, so it takes special people to do it.
Run fast!!!!!
LPN (Former Employee), Duluth, GaJanuary 12, 2015
Cons: fraud!!!
Company is a big fraud that will jeopardize your license. They keep patients on their schedule that should have been discharged. When you point this out, it's blown off. They are already being investigated for fraud which is why I didn't report it. They still continued to do it which is why I left. Run!
Great Company
Revenue Recovery Analyst (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 12, 2015
Great company. Lots of work, fast-paced. Great resources and tools to get job done.
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2015
Enjoyed small office setting; gives it a team feel. They provided training in what's needed to get the job done effectively and efficiently.
Questionable future in Home health/ many management changes
Clinical Manager (Current Employee), Monroe,Ga 30655January 10, 2015
Pros: excellant professional staff
Cons: management more focused on number of patients than quality of care.
I have enjoyed working with our particular staff. There are questions of Amedisys; future in the home health business. All offices west of the Mississippi River were closed. CEO fired in 2014. Upper management does not communicate future plans with the office/professional staff.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 8, 2015
I love my job and I would recommend for employment. My coworkers are great.
Changing job culture
RN (Current Employee), ALJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: patient care
Cons: corporate restucture
New challenges everyday. I enjoy working with staff to ensure the highest possible quality care for our patients. I love the people I work with on a daily basis! The hardest part of healthcare is doing more with less.
awful, awful, awful louisville ky
Psychiatric Registered Nurse/ Skilled Nurse (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 24, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: no time for family, work 60 to 70 hours week
you can make as much money as you want. you are expected to put job first and family second, management pushes for new admissions to be opened and you are to do missed visits on current patients. The financial benefits are number one for the company and patient care is second. Company has law suits pending for failure to pay overtime but this continues to happen, you are made to work off the clock charting long admissions. This was a great company to work for at one time but the changes are obvious and what is important is obvious. They take the ''bottom of the barrel' patients and if these patients are readmitted to the hospital be prepared to be on the ''hospital call'' explaining why this patient was hospitalized (maybe because they were not seen so we could open the new patient). the DOO's are corporate puppets. I have nothing bad to say about the field staff I worked with . They were all great.
Horrible Company to work
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LADecember 23, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: just passing through
No communication from management. People are nice to work with. My training was horrible.I would not recommend anyone to work here. Empolyee have not received a raise in over 4 years.
Amedisys use to be a top notch company to be employed by
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LADecember 11, 2014
After all the recent changes Amedisys has become driven by finances instead of compassion for patient
More emphasis on paperwork than actual decent patient care
RN Case Managet (Former Employee), Gainesville gaDecember 10, 2014
Cons: everything
Was excited at first to be working as RN at company. Gave 100% toward my patients. Company didn't care. All they cared about was the impossible amount of paper(computer) work that needed to be done. The technology was pathetic. My computer never worked right, nor was proper instruction ever given on how to use it. I had 3 computers in as many months and was on the phone to IT more than should have been necessary. Most of the "support" people in the office were either immature, lazy, or both. Distance between patients too far. Impossible to chart in most patients homes. Expected to work 16 hours a day.
good
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee), Florence, ALDecember 4, 2014
good work area good work hours nice coworkers clean building, unable to get use to supervisory overturn...
Great work expierience
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LADecember 1, 2014
I was ok with this job. I stayed there as long as I was able to. I had to have surgery and I was not able to go back when I had to. So unfortunately I ended up leaving the job. I wish I didn't lose my job bc it was good job. They worked with me with a lot of issues I went through.
Sales
Care Transitions Coordinator (Current Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 1, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: poor management
The company has gone through a lot of changes in the last year. The owner and CEO was forced to resign by the Board of Directors. I have had more managers than can be imagined in the last few years. The company is at a point it appears to be for sale yet no one is saying this. Financially, they are better than they have been in years yet they push their sales force to the maximum. They set your quota, you meet the quota, but they want more...
The culture of this company is not good.
Area Vice President (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 30, 2014
Many people who were instrumental in this company's growth were dismissed without reason with new CEO

1 2 3 4 5

About Amedisys

Amedisys' philosophy, "Taking care of your loved ones as we would our own," has guided their growth into one of the – Read more