Amedisys

Amedisys Employer Reviews

Amedisys grew too quick and trampled its employees along the way.
Business Intelligence (BI) Developer (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: growth industry
Cons: zero corporate structure with regards to mgmt, salary, hire/fire practices
Amedisys bought too many home health companies too quick and their employees suffered along the way. There are no salary ranges. Two employees with the same job could have massive pay discrepancies. Executive leadership just hires and fires at will. This was my experience at least at the the corporate office. Not sure about the clincal side. The HR – more... dept is weak and has no say over hiring/firing practices. – less
running reports
Business Office Specialist (Current Employee), Cedartown, GASeptember 10, 2014
running reports...making sure that our numbers are down...helping schedulers schedule visits for patients....scanning physician orders
Need for Self Organizer
Case Manager (Former Employee), Ozark, ALSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: style of nursing. hands on
Cons: traffic
You are on your own. You must take and make calls while trying to get from point A to point B. Very important to take calls timely and hope that it is the doctor but Dred it is the doctor because you have no where to pull off! LOL! And, they are busy people so they cannot hold or call back! That is the toughest part of each day! And, Lord do not let – more... anyone at home need anything! That is like throwing a wrench into the mix.

Your days can be short on the road (very unlikely) or long. You may eat in your car (the majority of the time). You will be up long hours charting on the patients you saw........because, no, you do not have time in the house to do all the charting you need to do.

I absolutely loved the one on one care of patients and family in this setting of their home. You fall in love with each one of them. This will out weigh all that you have to do. I loved the versatility of this job and being able to use every skill I have learned through the years. +++

The office workers for supplies, information and scheduling try to work with you and they have deadlines and their set of responsibilities also.

Traffic is not kind. No matter what you do or where you are, people are in a hurry and will plow you down. Someone hit me in my new FJ Cruiser and tipped the scale of loving this type of nursing. – less
A Peaceful, Pleasant Workspace
Secretary/Office Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 28, 2014
Pros: breakfast; very laid-back environment
Cons: no windows; paper cuts!
Amedisys was a great place with great people! The leadership was very outgoing and professional, and it genuinely felt they cared for their employees' well-being. The work- which was filing patient, doctor, and therapist records into files and organizing them- was simple and somewhat redundant, but you could always find something to do! I would recommend – more... this position to anyone in need of a part-time job in high school or college! – less
looking for possible growth
Business office Specialist (Current Employee), Bartlesville, OkAugust 20, 2014
I love working with people every day. I work in a very fast paced work environment . I have great work ethics.
QAmedisys
LPN (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 20, 2014
Pros: patients
Cons: management
Poor organizational skills,not focused on patient care, more concerned about number of clients, high turn over in nurses.
The joy in my job was my patients and trying to meet there needs and gain there trust, but the amount of computer work was very overwhelming
Nice workplace
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAAugust 19, 2014
Cons: healthcare is expensive
Amedisys is a nice comfortable place to work.
There is never ending knowledge advancement opportunities.
The environment is very warm and co-workers are like family.
It's easy to get comfortable.
There is never a shortage of work and always room for skill growth.
Awful place to work
Nurse (Former Employee), Anniston, ALAugust 19, 2014
The company was a good company several years ago, then, all they started focusing on money money money and nothing else not the employes or patients.
Management is awful and expects you to give 120%, when they give 50%.
I would not recommend this company to anyone.
A supportive place to work
Case Manager (Current Employee), Brandon, FLAugust 14, 2014
I have been working PRN for Amedisys for 5 years and have always been treated fairly. I choose the days I can work, how many patients I can see in one day and what type of service is needed. I feel Ihave always been treated fairly and will continue to work for them as long as I can. I have learned a lot about cace management of the patients I am caring – more... for, as well a medicare regulations. The hardest part of the job is the follow up with the doctors and getting return phone calls in a timely manner. But the most enjoyable part of my job is to see the patients accept the teaching I provide and to watch them improve and get well. – less
Standard Home Health Care
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLAugust 7, 2014
Pros: the things that i learned for advancement
Cons: when management chanded
Processed state forms, opened and got Medicare license for another office that was being opened. Supply orders for medical supplies and office supplies. inventory on the supplies. scheduling for field staff. physicians orders and faxing for signature. Payroll and training.
Very rewarding
Hospice RN/Case Manager (Former Employee), White Marsh, MDAugust 6, 2014
Pros: schedule was flexible
Cons: no cons
Amedisys is a wonderful company to work for. It is competitive
in the workforce.
poor family life
Nursing (Former Employee), North Central WVAugust 5, 2014
Pros: nurses who truly cared and bent over backwards for the patients
Cons: computers, no compassion from management, poor scheduling of patient's in relation to drive distance, grouping patient's that live closely to one another, etc.
Computer system out of date, with computers that are older than myself. Assignments would average 7/8 a day and drive time would be as much as 6 hours also. The hours worked in the day were very unpredictable, but management didn't care. Just no missed visits. Unable to make reasonable money for the wear and tear on the vehicle, time spent in office – more... with IT, and driving an hour from one patient to another. When management notified of inability to see all on schedule, response was, "it's got to be done, figure it out." Although it was hard to find anyone in the office before 8am or after 4:50pm. Respect for the people in the field was not present. I could not believe when they stated confusion on why there is a huge turnover rate.
On top of spending hours in the field, it is also required that the clinician log on at certain times of day to complete conference call, and training. This in not reasonable. These sessions should be recorded and available for staff to compete when they have the time. Especially those who are only per-diem and work at other facilities. This is just another example of a fail on the upper management team and how they do not take into consideration time management for their field personal. Flexibility is not present at all, which was how the job was originally sold to me. I guess it was my misunderstanding, I was the one who was required to be extremely flexible to meet their needs.
I gave the company more stars for job retention due to the fact the turn over rate is huge and they are always needing people. – less
I love working with elderly patients and my nitch is in psych.
RN Home Health Psychiatric/Geriatric Nurse (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALAugust 5, 2014
I have found what is the perfect job! Working with elderly psychiatric patients is awesome and rewarding. They have a unique blend that I am able to relate to and assist.
Hearts in the right place but.....
Operations Manager (Former Employee), New YorkJuly 23, 2014
Pros: good use of technology, always looking for better ways to provide care and meet the needs of patients
Cons: pay structure based on new orleans base of operations, other major markets forced to underpay staff or recruit less than top level candidates.
Not a bad place to work, but try too hard to make each office a cookie cutter operation. No variances allowed for local needs.
Great fun supportive place to work
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Salem, ORJuly 19, 2014
Pros: supportive management, good place to work
Cons: no breaks, high acuity, driving long distances w/o consideration how milage effects acuity, they want 5 points daily.
Fun supportive place to work, great pay, benefits, milage reimbursement.
I wasn't there long enough to summarize my job experience correctly
Account Executive (Former Employee), Monroe, LAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: too many people telling me what to do and they were all conflicting
Amedisys had an incredible amount of changes happen while I was there. I feel I cannot give a proper review of the company because I was with them so briefly due to corporate downsizing.
LPN Med-Surg
Case Manager / Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Jefferson City, TNJuly 1, 2014
Excellent small hospital to begin working as a new nurse. Very kind nurses and doctors.
Would recommend to anyone with Home Health experience.
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: supportive and productive work environment. great teamwork.
Exceptional,dedicated and skilled staff provide excellent patient care. Coworkers could not be more pleasant or helpful.
cooperative and pleasant atmosphere
RN Hospice (Current Employee), South Portland, MaineJune 28, 2014
Pros: mutual respect
Cons: long hours lots of travel
I have been in nursing for 40 years. Amedisys has one of the most comprehensive orientations I have ever attended. The management team is professional. The staff is top notch. My clinical manager has the highest ethical standards of just about anyone I have ever worked for. My preceptors' knowledge was outstanding. I love this company.
Great learning opportunity for the field of medical social work.
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee), Roseburg, ORJune 27, 2014
Pros: driving the speed limit for every visit and never sitting in traffic!
Cons: scheduling a full day into a four hour afternoon!
A typical day for me includes driving approximately 50 miles to provide In Home MSW assessments to determine patient's need for long-term services/resources needed to maintain living independently in their home.
I have learned a great deal about medical challenges affecting the elderly community and the barriers preventing a full recovery, e.g. extremely – more... limited resources competing with unrealistic eligibility criteria in public assistance programs.
My co-workers and boss are truly amazing! The hardest part of my job is not having enough patient's who enjoy an appointment before 11am! The most enjoyable part of my job is when I know I've made a difference for a family who felt completely lost and overwhelmed. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Amedisys

Amedisys' philosophy, "Taking care of your loved ones as we would our own," has guided their growth into one of the – Read more