Amedisys Employee Reviews in United States

The Cookeville office is like no other, the management team is very hands on and never ask you to do something they wouldn't do themselves.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNMay 23, 2016
I think this is one of the best places I have ever worked!! The post about being micromanaged and fraudulent activity, well I don't know where they were working or what happened but I can safely say I have NEVER seen either!! The management team is very involved and often goes out in the field to see patients. They are very family oriented and I have never been ask to do something I didn't feel comfortable doing. All they ask is hat the patients are taken care of. I feel appreciated at this job, and I can't say that about many jobs I have ever worked.
Pros
Flexibility with schedules, great group of people to work with, and an understanding management team who isn't afraid to help!!!
Cons
Can't really think of any.
Dont work here if you have children or a marriage to sustain
RN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 21, 2016
This company is numbers driven. Poor work/life balance. High turnover with management. Poor scheduling and staff is overworked and underpaid. The goal is census...Medicare dollars. Not a good fit for someone with a family.
Pros
Can schedule personal needs due to a somewhat flexible schedule
Cons
Poor management; inexperienced schedulers; staffing issues
Home health agency leadership
RN (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 16, 2016
The leadership in the care center( DOO)pours her heart out to the company. She is not like other Directors that is content with having the field staff be overworked. She also makes visit and is very hands on with staff orientation. She needs support though and it is obvious that she holds the place up. It is unfortunate that it seems she is the only one that cares sometimes. The scheduler is very nice too.
Pros
High standard of care, family environment
Cons
Needs more supportive staff In the office and the field
Co workers work as a team, and work together to provide exceptional care to our patients
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 13, 2016
A typical day at work is reviewing administrative reports related to the financial solvency of the care center, conference calls to promote employee and patient excellence, positive patient outcomes, and provide education to clinicians in the field related to State and Federal guidelines. The biggest hurdle of my job is changing the culture of yes with senior leadership and making positive changes for patient and employee satisfaction. The most enjoyable part of my job is positive energy that all employees bring to the table to promote excellent, positive outcomes for our patients. We strive day in and day out for a 5 STAR rating in home health and have achieved this rating quarter after quarter.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
work life balance
friendly, productive workplace
Office Specialist / Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Collins, MSMay 8, 2016
Accomplish all work goals
Computer system
I am an encourager as a manager
I prefer a pleasant workplace but all work needs to be completed
Sometimes dealing with unhappy customers
Accomplishments of a job well done
Pros
Good benefits, pleasant work enviroment
Managment
, case manager (Former Employee) –  WVMay 2, 2016
Long hours , expected you not to have life outside of work. Pretty much a 24 hr_7 day a week commitment promote people that shouldn't be and like to rid of people all the time that are doing a good job, pay is OK, rewards of making a difference awesome. But the company, wouldn't work for them again
Pros
Great rewards from making a didifference as a nurse
So much potential
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 29, 2016
Lots of turnover in management and staff can be very frustrating. Hopefully the present management and staff will stay put.Training is very haphazard, not much room for advancement.
Pros
Patient care
Cons
lots of turnover
Huntsville Hospice Branch Terrible
RN (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35801April 27, 2016
Poor management. Poor training and orientation. No responsible leadership. Don't waste time here. Managers have very little over seeing them and they do as they please as long numbers are okay. Terrible.
good place to work
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 26, 2016
What I most enjoy about my job is that the company is always coming up with ideas to stream line processes to make production faster and willing to listen to our ideas.
Pros
good working hours
Cons
healthcare
Please see summary
Admissions Nurse/Hi-Tech Infusion Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 16, 2016
A typical consisted of training other nurses as needed along with providing quality assessments to clients that would determine how each of their needs would be met.

Travel was the hardest part of the job if clients were greater than 15 minutes apart from one another.

Most enjoyable part was helping clients and training nurses.
Run away
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaApril 14, 2016
I gave it all one star because I couldn't give it zeros. Horrible, horrible awful management who was more concerned wth recruiting me to go to their church and forcing me to participate in their mandatory prayer circles every morning. Was told i could not transfer until put my children in church regularly. Beware!
Great Job
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 12, 2016
I learned a lot about hospice, it was a great learning experiences. I loved the people I worked with it was great. I was laid off after the company was sold because we were over staffed.
Wonderful Workplace
Physician Dr (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 12, 2016
Great place to work! Excellent Benefits and pay raises, nice nurse aide meetings, and holiday functions. Helpful receptionist, very nice to work with.
horrible place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 11, 2016
Treats nurses worse that dogs. Pay is not worth it. They do not care what danger they put their nurses in. They also force you to recert patients that need to be discharged.
worked with a great group of people
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILApril 5, 2016
I enjoyed my time working with this company, good benefits. I was fortunate to have compassionate, knowledgeable and fair managers.
work hours where good
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
too many meetings and emails
Challenging to move up
Software Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 5, 2016
I have worked with company for over 5 years and find that moving up is very hard and a huge difference in pay coming from Software Implementation team to another position in company.
Nursing is the best job in the world.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbia, KYMarch 28, 2016
Arrive at office 8 am. Obtain schedule for the day. Call each patient and make appointment time to make visit. One thing I have learned over the years is that each patient is unique and different in a special way. Each patient has hopes, dreams and despairs.
Management at the office in which I work practices team work. They work together with staff and patients in order to see that each patient gets the best care possible.
Co-workers are part of the team to ensure patient care.
The hardest part of the job is to loose a patient to discharge or death.
The most enjoyable part of the job is educating the patient and see the point where the grasp the concepts you have been teaching.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Unable to help the patient due to terminal illness
great team atmosphere
case manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 21, 2016
a wide array of patients, good teamwork between different disciplines. good communication pertinent to patient needs. learned alot about planning total patients needs.
Pros
very good pay for load of patients.
Cons
some days of too much load and required work after normal hours.
Hardest place to work
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMarch 15, 2016
I missed working for the company, the co-workers are very friendly, and always happy a environment to work at.the hardest part of my job is seeing patient past away after so many years and time you see and take care of them.
Pros
Experience
Cons
short break
Most caring and professional
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAMarch 14, 2016
This is the only home health agency which I have been employed and it was a pure pleasure. The level of professionalism is beyond repute providing both physical and spiritual support in clients' home to improve their ability to safely perform functional activities of daily living and improve overall health.