Amedisys Employee Reviews in United States

Huntsville Hospice Branch Terrible
RN (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35801April 27, 2016
Poor management. Poor training and orientation. No responsible leadership. Don't waste time here. Managers have very little over seeing them and they do as they please as long numbers are okay. Terrible.
good place to work
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 26, 2016
What I most enjoy about my job is that the company is always coming up with ideas to stream line processes to make production faster and willing to listen to our ideas.
Pros
good working hours
Cons
healthcare
Please see summary
Admissions Nurse/Hi-Tech Infusion Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 16, 2016
A typical consisted of training other nurses as needed along with providing quality assessments to clients that would determine how each of their needs would be met.

Travel was the hardest part of the job if clients were greater than 15 minutes apart from one another.

Most enjoyable part was helping clients and training nurses.
Run away
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaApril 14, 2016
I gave it all one star because I couldn't give it zeros. Horrible, horrible awful management who was more concerned wth recruiting me to go to their church and forcing me to participate in their mandatory prayer circles every morning. Was told i could not transfer until put my children in church regularly. Beware!
Great Job
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 12, 2016
I learned a lot about hospice, it was a great learning experiences. I loved the people I worked with it was great. I was laid off after the company was sold because we were over staffed.
Wonderful Workplace
Physician Dr (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 12, 2016
Great place to work! Excellent Benefits and pay raises, nice nurse aide meetings, and holiday functions. Helpful receptionist, very nice to work with.
horrible place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 11, 2016
Treats nurses worse that dogs. Pay is not worth it. They do not care what danger they put their nurses in. They also force you to recert patients that need to be discharged.
worked with a great group of people
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILApril 5, 2016
I enjoyed my time working with this company, good benefits. I was fortunate to have compassionate, knowledgeable and fair managers.
work hours where good
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
too many meetings and emails
Challenging to move up
Software Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 5, 2016
I have worked with company for over 5 years and find that moving up is very hard and a huge difference in pay coming from Software Implementation team to another position in company.
Nursing is the best job in the world.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbia, KYMarch 28, 2016
Arrive at office 8 am. Obtain schedule for the day. Call each patient and make appointment time to make visit. One thing I have learned over the years is that each patient is unique and different in a special way. Each patient has hopes, dreams and despairs.
Management at the office in which I work practices team work. They work together with staff and patients in order to see that each patient gets the best care possible.
Co-workers are part of the team to ensure patient care.
The hardest part of the job is to loose a patient to discharge or death.
The most enjoyable part of the job is educating the patient and see the point where the grasp the concepts you have been teaching.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Unable to help the patient due to terminal illness
great team atmosphere
case manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 21, 2016
a wide array of patients, good teamwork between different disciplines. good communication pertinent to patient needs. learned alot about planning total patients needs.
Pros
very good pay for load of patients.
Cons
some days of too much load and required work after normal hours.
Hardest place to work
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMarch 15, 2016
I missed working for the company, the co-workers are very friendly, and always happy a environment to work at.the hardest part of my job is seeing patient past away after so many years and time you see and take care of them.
Pros
Experience
Cons
short break
Most caring and professional
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAMarch 14, 2016
This is the only home health agency which I have been employed and it was a pure pleasure. The level of professionalism is beyond repute providing both physical and spiritual support in clients' home to improve their ability to safely perform functional activities of daily living and improve overall health.
Value of Employee SPIRIT
Clinical Educator, RN, Hospice (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 28, 2016
I have worked in various roles at Amedisys for 5 years. I enjoy of minute of my job. I have been afforded the opportunity to learn and grow in my career goals. I am part of a terrific education team and have great mentors.

Wonderful company to begin your career in home care
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, earned time, health benefits, provide education and skill set - extensive training
Amedisys Account Executive
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 23, 2016
I truly enjoyed this job. They rewarded me financially when goals were met. Met many people and was able to travel with them.
Pros
fun, challenging, gained an increased knowledge of medical sales
Cons
worked all the time.....
Terrible place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  SylacaugaFebruary 17, 2016
Told untruths from the beginning. Upper management needs more training. Loved my coworkers and patients. Management very unprofessional. Disorganized to say the least
Pros
travel time away from office
Cons
Just about everything
Home Healthcare
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 15, 2016
A typical day was to order medical supplies. I learned maintaining patients medical records. Management support their employees. I enjoyed learning the in's and out's in home health care.
Good company, too many corporate changes, average culture and room for advancement
Account Executive - Brent/Bessemer/Western (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 14, 2016
Good company, too many corporate changes, and a lackluster culture in spots. Learned basic level clinical nursing and physical therapy knowledge
very bad place to work
Nursing (Current Employee) –  TNFebruary 14, 2016
Poor Training, pitiful pay, poor management. Hired for one position and given another. Stay far aware. Long hours. Drive from one County to the next. No reimbursement to 1st cl Iients home of from last client home. Everyone is rude. Told to wing it.
B
Poor nursing care
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
lpn
Lpn (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 12, 2016
great company to work for, could use more origination skills in the compan, overall i would love to have stayed with this company