Amedisys

Amedisys Employee Reviews

Home Health Setting
Home health nurse/ Case manager (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 22, 2015
Typical day started at about 8am and ended after 6pm. I started with the company when management was in transition to new people. I think the new staff in management and in the office need more education on company philosophy, policies. I felt that they cared about the clients. I really enjoyed educating the clients and familys on how to take care of disease processes and stay healthier. The con was this was life consuming.
great people, good pay
Buisness Office Specialist (Former Employee), Denton, TXJune 18, 2015
Pros: free breakfast on sundays when we had a meeting, hour lunch break
Cons: kind of slow and boring at times with not much work to do
Everyone was very friendly and caring and the pay was good, but the company would always mess up my check and I would get less than what I had made. They also let everyone know that they were closing a month before which didn't give people enough time to search for a stable job.
former Employee Mobile AL
nurse (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJune 18, 2015
Pros: Caring for Patients
Cons: long hours, poor pay, poor benefits, unable to get requested time off due to high staff turnover/lack of staff
Management shows favoritism and allows certain office staff to arrive late or leave early: frequently while other staff is waiting for assignments, ( delays patient care and prolongs the work day) Management allows several office staff to have lunch breaks at the same time, leaving little support in the office. Little to no training / orientation. No regard for employees personal lives or personal – more... time off, Never any mention of a pay increase with yearly evaluations. Medical benefits are terrible and expensive. Office staff is unorganized and will call case manager near the end of the day to inform of a patient that needs to be seen "now" due to being overlooked. No additional pay for weekends. Very small amount per day for taking call. No compensation for drive time between patient homes even though you are working for this company during that drive time. Most co-workers are nice, and helpful, A lot of the employees complain privately about the conditions, but fear that there will be repercussion if they voice their opinions/concerns.
Most enjoyable part of the job is caring for patients.
High staff turnover-continuous lack of staff. – less
Great job but stressful management
Business Office Specialist, PRN (Current Employee), Anniston, ALJune 17, 2015
I like my job at Amedisys but being PRN I don't get enough hours and my boss stresses me out over nothing because of her micromanaging. I have no benefits and deal with to much for not enough reward.
Greenbriar Behavioral Health
Account Executive (Former Employee), Metaire, LAJune 13, 2015
Pros: Good company culture, good treatment for patients.
Cons: Poor benefits, Assigned accounts were not distributed by territory of zip code, More profitable accounts not evenly distributed.
Good employer, average benefits, Family oriented. Marketing Team had good staff that collaborated with each other. No scheduled marketing meetings were held to discuss leads or marketing effort results or future marketing campaigns.
Overall, a good place to work with not a lot of structure for marketing team.
AWFUL- STAY AWAY
RN (Current Employee), Durham, NCJune 12, 2015
This is by far the WORST company I've ever worked for. The DON does not have ANY home health background and basically is a puppet for corporate. They are consistently instructing the nurses to do things that aren't even legal and that are out of their scope of practice. All they care about are the numbers. They could care LESS about the pts. They push the clinical staff to the breaking point AND then – more... tell them they need to do more, even though they are 100% OVER productivity, with NO extra compensation for such. The schedulers and the HR office manager are delegating to the RNs, which is illegal, because the DON has NO idea what she is doing. Stay away, there are so many other companies that ACTUALLY care about their pts and NOT just the numbers.The only reason I gave this company a 2 is because the clinical staff is excellent, but, unfortunately, you have to interact with the office staff – less
Great enviroment to work in
Business Office Specialist (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLJune 11, 2015
I love working at Amedisys. I have learned so much in such a short time about Home Health Care. The people I work with truly love what they do and assisting/helping the elderly.
Some Good, Some Bad
Area Director of Operations (Current Employee), Great LakesJune 4, 2015
Pros: Good pay and good benefits
Cons: Unreasonable hours and no balance
Amedisys has had many changes and restructure in the past years. It does have a chance to advance if you work hard and do your work as asked.
The big negative is there is an expectation that nothing comes in front of your job. If you only work only 40 hours a week you are looked as you are not doing your job. No respect for balance in life or that you have a family life.
The corporate management is great and very supportive. The middle management seems to only be concerned about themselves and how they can be moved up to the next level and bigger salary.
good pay , wonderful team driven evvironment
Business Office Manager (Current Employee), Charlestown, MAJune 3, 2015
Pros: pay well
Cons: territories are too large
Wonderful team driven environment . Loving, compassionate travel RNs, PTs and OTs. Clinical caseloads can be heavy and difficult to balance to with the ever changing needs of patients and large territories
Good company
Senior Network Engineer (Current Employee), Baton Rouge LAMay 28, 2015
Pros: Great company - good environment
Cons: company is changing impacting careers of staff
Great company
learned a lot
enjoy working here. greatest part of the job is the huge amount of technology we work with.
great opportunity.
Support Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Baton Rouge,LMay 20, 2015
Amedisys is a great company to work for. Especially for someone in the healthcare field of work. Due to recent changes Amedisys is focusing more on patient needs.
Worst place I've ever worked.
I.T. (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 13, 2015
Pros: coworkers were great
Cons: Terrible management/vision
I worked in I.T., it had an amazingly high turn over. Management bullied staff frequently. Never ever, will I ever work there again.
Psych Nurses please READ!
Psychiatric Nurse (Former Employee), Butler, PennsylvaniaMay 13, 2015
Pros: some great caring co-workers( though undervaluing psych), love the patients, always have!
Cons: psych intervention is not valued though desperately needed !
I was hired by a director so excited to "grow"an almost nonexistent psych program ( why is psych program weak?)I was told marketing would focus on this and I would be considered a psych RN , not a medical RN.

I waited and waited and waited. I saw mostly medical patients . Did some serious wound care that many psych nurses dread
Not one referral from my co-workers! Our home care clients suffer – more... from depression, anxiety, pain , grief, loss, confusion, fears, phobias, mental health disorders, addictions. Were they even told I could help them??
Not a bit of support from mgmt in driving these needed referrals from non-psych team.
Check out the home care deficiencies and you will find psych intervention is often not being utilized.
I think it is a reimbursement issue and a lack of understanding of psych as well as that territorial nature of some home care nurses.
Home care is tough and tougher when your discipline is just not valued like you first heard on that winning interview!
Not even a comment or good bye from the director who hired me. – less
Field Services Scheduler
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee), Uniontown, PAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: salary
Was a multi-tasker; did payroll, scheduled nurses and therapists visits to patient homes. Also, was a back-up office manager and supply coordinator.
amazing company
State Registered Nurses Aide (Former Employee), tennesseMay 12, 2015
cares about employees. co workers go out of the way to help each other. quick to handle out of hand patients. incredible place to work overall
Absolutely Awesome
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 6, 2015
I love working for Amedisys amazing people. management does an amazing job, jumping through hoops to ensure their employees are taken care of. I love to 1 on 1 time with my patients
work day
Case Manager/ Clinical Manager (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCApril 16, 2015
Pros: hospice
Cons: to large of area to cover
I am only prn and not getting enough hours in a week would like more hours or full time however this office cover to large of an area for me to be able to get to patient in a timely manner from where I live in Campobello area and a lot of pt are in greenwood and Clinton sc
Business Office Specialist
Business Office Specialist (Current Employee), Gastonia, NCApril 16, 2015
Pros: One Hour lunches
Cons: Not organize
I am responsible for performance and accuracy of data input
Maintenance of patient medical records and data as well as the tracking systems for physician’s orders.Participate and work in a collaborative manner to assists in the timely and accurate submission of billing and payroll .Verify and continuously monitor Medicaid authorizations, approvals, and visits.Maintain office supply and medical inventory supply and distribution. The most hardset part of my job is remaing organize at all times.
Amedisys
RN, CASE MANAGER, PRN CLINICAL MGR (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAApril 11, 2015
Pros: Patients, Learning new skills, Continued education
Cons: Long Drives, Compensation, Poor Communication - Management
I believe, as a whole, Amedisys is a good company. As far as the interoffice communication, it is lacking. My branch is a small office, and tension mounts easily among the employees with the director. Turnover rate is high due to staff quitting and patient overload. The hardest part of my job was traveling all over the countryside from patient to patient and being able to complete my paperwork. I spent many nights completing documentation, because if I documented at the patient's home, I would never make it to all the scheduled patients for any particular day. The most enjoyable part was definitely the patients. I loved to care for them, provide education, and facilitate any way I could to keep them home - safely and independently.
A company values its resources
Analyst and Software Developer (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LouisianaApril 10, 2015
A company values its resources.
Put human resources before monetary gain.
Fun place to work.
Always making remember us who we work for.
Always tries employees to have careers, not jobs.
Mandatory trainings.

1 2 3 4 5

About Amedisys

Amedisys' philosophy, "Taking care of your loved ones as we would our own," has guided their growth into one of the – Read more

Amedisys Salaries