Amedisys Employee Reviews

Stressful place to work!
Account Executive (Former Employee), New YorkJuly 21, 2015
Learned quite a bit in a short time. Lot of micro management. Friendly management at first but changes faces quickly. Extremely stressful.
A hospice company not an IT company
Technical Analyst (Current Employee), Baton Rouge,LAJuly 20, 2015
Great place for nurses! The company is restructuring and downsizing the IT department. No one is more responsible for your career than you are. All of the previous quotes are from the New CIO in regards of the restructuring
good work environment with pleasant co-workers
office manager (Former Employee), sterling heights miJuly 19, 2015
Pros: pleasant office environment, pleasant co-workers
Cons: time sensitive corporate protocols, hindered office produtivity at times when there was not enough staff to perform all job duties
good work environment , co-workers pleasant,

learned to manage time proficiently to accomplish job duties

dealing with laptop issues became challenging at times as staff had timeframe constraints for patient visits and computer issues were frustrating for them

performing inventories were challenging at times as they were time
sensitive according to corporate protocols and daily work also had to be maintained while performing inventories
I enjoy job....
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2015
...however it consumes my life. I work from the minute I wake up and up until 12-2 to complete charting. As I am paid per visit, I am over worked and underpaid. I no longer have a personal/family life. Work comes home with me. When I am on call I work 12-14 days straight...
Very Micro Managed
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 16, 2015
Company needs to learn to trust their employees...degrades their employees with meniall tasks within the business office. Corporate doesnt allow the employees oversea menial tasks
A change in direction causing telent to leave
Several Positions Over My Tenure (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Compensation, Benefits, Co-Workers, Company Activities, Charitable Initiatives
Cons: Poor Morale, Leadership Changes, Reductions in Force, Lack of Opportunity for advancement
I have absolutely loved my time at Amedisys! This company has fostered my learning and helped me grow both professionally and personally. The opportunities were endless and the compensation was adequate. Recent changes in leadership have halted this feeling at Amedisys. Lately, there has been no talk of potential advancement or professional growth. Opportunities to learn and develop have ceased and outside leaders are being brought in instead of internally advancing current talent.

Current political shifts, both inside and outside the company are causing changes to the daily operations and even the mood at Amedisys. The general message from leadership is that we are in charge of our own careers and need to look for opportunities at other companies.

I have worked for Amedisys for the majority of my career and can no longer take the anxiety of not knowing if I have a future here.
Typical Healthcare Money Machine
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 14, 2015
Company has lost sight of patient and employee care. Management is bred to focus on bottom lines with disregard to the supposed mission. On the ground, however, great clinicians that care.
went bad after changing Mngmt.
cna (Former Employee), greeneville tnJuly 13, 2015
answered phones, drove to patients houses to care for them took vitals and gave baths. It was a good place to work till managemnet changed then our bonuses stoped and jobs got taken away from us that we were promosed.
Busy, Busy, Busy
Visiting LPN (Current Employee), Van Buren, ARJuly 9, 2015
Pros: you will put tons of miles on your vehicle
Cons: excellent pay
Your day is spent driving from client to client. Your route may be in the city or in a rural area. Often times roads are not good to travel on and homes are not always in the best of condition. You are a guest in your client's home. Most times these are elderly people who do not choose to go into a nursing home or assisted living facility. They cherish their independence.
professional and caring
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Fort Payne, ALJune 29, 2015
Amedisys treated me as a professional member of the team; the work environment was supportive and the staff was caring.
Overall good
LPN-Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Tucker, GAJune 29, 2015
Very interesting place to work, friendly, team oriented, staff is very friendly and encourage eachother and help eachother to grow , excellent place to work.
it's a good start
IT support (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 26, 2015
Pros: .
Cons: no breaks
This company is a good company to start your career. The things you learn here will prepare you for the real world. The work environment is really good if you have worked there for years.
Home Health Setting
Home health nurse/ Case manager (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 22, 2015
Typical day started at about 8am and ended after 6pm. I started with the company when management was in transition to new people. I think the new staff in management and in the office need more education on company philosophy, policies. I felt that they cared about the clients. I really enjoyed educating the clients and familys on how to take care of disease processes and stay healthier. The con was this was life consuming.
great people, good pay
Buisness Office Specialist (Former Employee), Denton, TXJune 18, 2015
Pros: free breakfast on sundays when we had a meeting, hour lunch break
Cons: kind of slow and boring at times with not much work to do
Everyone was very friendly and caring and the pay was good, but the company would always mess up my check and I would get less than what I had made. They also let everyone know that they were closing a month before which didn't give people enough time to search for a stable job.
former Employee Mobile AL
nurse (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJune 18, 2015
Pros: Caring for Patients
Cons: long hours, poor pay, poor benefits, unable to get requested time off due to high staff turnover/lack of staff
Management shows favoritism and allows certain office staff to arrive late or leave early: frequently while other staff is waiting for assignments, ( delays patient care and prolongs the work day) Management allows several office staff to have lunch breaks at the same time, leaving little support in the office. Little to no training / orientation. No regard for employees personal lives or personal time off, Never any mention of a pay increase with yearly evaluations. Medical benefits are terrible and expensive. Office staff is unorganized and will call case manager near the end of the day to inform of a patient that needs to be seen "now" due to being overlooked. No additional pay for weekends. Very small amount per day for taking call. No compensation for drive time between patient homes even though you are working for this company during that drive time. Most co-workers are nice, and helpful, A lot of the employees complain privately about the conditions, but fear that there will be repercussion if they voice their opinions/concerns.
Most enjoyable part of the job is caring for patients.
High staff turnover-continuous lack of staff.
Great job but stressful management
Business Office Specialist, PRN (Current Employee), Anniston, ALJune 17, 2015
I like my job at Amedisys but being PRN I don't get enough hours and my boss stresses me out over nothing because of her micromanaging. I have no benefits and deal with to much for not enough reward.
Greenbriar Behavioral Health
Account Executive (Former Employee), Metaire, LAJune 13, 2015
Pros: Good company culture, good treatment for patients.
Cons: Poor benefits, Assigned accounts were not distributed by territory of zip code, More profitable accounts not evenly distributed.
Good employer, average benefits, Family oriented. Marketing Team had good staff that collaborated with each other. No scheduled marketing meetings were held to discuss leads or marketing effort results or future marketing campaigns.
Overall, a good place to work with not a lot of structure for marketing team.
AWFUL- STAY AWAY
RN (Current Employee), Durham, NCJune 12, 2015
This is by far the WORST company I've ever worked for. The DON does not have ANY home health background and basically is a puppet for corporate. They are consistently instructing the nurses to do things that aren't even legal and that are out of their scope of practice. All they care about are the numbers. They could care LESS about the pts. They push the clinical staff to the breaking point AND then tell them they need to do more, even though they are 100% OVER productivity, with NO extra compensation for such. The schedulers and the HR office manager are delegating to the RNs, which is illegal, because the DON has NO idea what she is doing. Stay away, there are so many other companies that ACTUALLY care about their pts and NOT just the numbers.The only reason I gave this company a 2 is because the clinical staff is excellent, but, unfortunately, you have to interact with the office staff
Great enviroment to work in
Business Office Specialist (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLJune 11, 2015
I love working at Amedisys. I have learned so much in such a short time about Home Health Care. The people I work with truly love what they do and assisting/helping the elderly.
Some Good, Some Bad
Area Director of Operations (Current Employee), Great LakesJune 4, 2015
Pros: Good pay and good benefits
Cons: Unreasonable hours and no balance
Amedisys has had many changes and restructure in the past years. It does have a chance to advance if you work hard and do your work as asked.
The big negative is there is an expectation that nothing comes in front of your job. If you only work only 40 hours a week you are looked as you are not doing your job. No respect for balance in life or that you have a family life.
The corporate management is great and very supportive. The middle management seems to only be concerned about themselves and how they can be moved up to the next level and bigger salary.
Headquarters
5959 S. Sherwood Forest Blvd.
Baton Rouge, LA 70816