Amedisys

Amedisys Employer Reviews

Great fun supportive place to work
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Salem, ORJuly 19, 2014
Pros: supportive management, good place to work
Cons: no breaks, high acuity, driving long distances w/o consideration how milage effects acuity, they want 5 points daily.
Fun supportive place to work, great pay, benefits, milage reimbursement.
I wasn't there long enough to summarize my job experience correctly
Account Executive (Former Employee), Monroe, LAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: too many people telling me what to do and they were all conflicting
Amedisys had an incredible amount of changes happen while I was there. I feel I cannot give a proper review of the company because I was with them so briefly due to corporate downsizing.
LPN Med-Surg
Case Manager / Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Jefferson City, TNJuly 1, 2014
Excellent small hospital to begin working as a new nurse. Very kind nurses and doctors.
Would recommend to anyone with Home Health experience.
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: supportive and productive work environment. great teamwork.
Exceptional,dedicated and skilled staff provide excellent patient care. Coworkers could not be more pleasant or helpful.
cooperative and pleasant atmosphere
RN Hospice (Current Employee), South Portland, MaineJune 28, 2014
Pros: mutual respect
Cons: long hours lots of travel
I have been in nursing for 40 years. Amedisys has one of the most comprehensive orientations I have ever attended. The management team is professional. The staff is top notch. My clinical manager has the highest ethical standards of just about anyone I have ever worked for. My preceptors' knowledge was outstanding. I love this company.
Great learning opportunity for the field of medical social work.
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee), Roseburg, ORJune 27, 2014
Pros: driving the speed limit for every visit and never sitting in traffic!
Cons: scheduling a full day into a four hour afternoon!
A typical day for me includes driving approximately 50 miles to provide In Home MSW assessments to determine patient's need for long-term services/resources needed to maintain living independently in their home.
I have learned a great deal about medical challenges affecting the elderly community and the barriers preventing a full recovery, e.g. extremely – more... limited resources competing with unrealistic eligibility criteria in public assistance programs.
My co-workers and boss are truly amazing! The hardest part of my job is not having enough patient's who enjoy an appointment before 11am! The most enjoyable part of my job is when I know I've made a difference for a family who felt completely lost and overwhelmed. – less
A Great Company to work for
CLINICAL EDUCATOR (Former Employee), LouisianaJune 24, 2014
Pros: great mission, patient driven care
Based on doing the right thing for the patient always, this is the best home care company that I've ever worked for. Unfortunately, with reimbursement cuts the company has had to scale back on operations in order to maintain viability. This has resulted in massive job cuts, including mine!
No respect or acknowledgement of good work
Former employee (Former Employee), WVJune 18, 2014
Cons: poor compensation, lack of respect, nonexistent communication.
This is a company in the midst of lots of changes on the corporate structure side. Upper management will say all the right things, but behind closed doors the focus is numbers, numbers, numbers. If you aren't willing to sell your soul and be a mindless drone bringing in business, you will have a target on your back from day one. Managers running the – more... show are very out of touch with what occurs on a day to day basis and have ridiculously unrealistic expectations for productivity. – less
Exciting opportunity to grow a start-up agency.
Account Executive/Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 18, 2014
I learned alot about team-building and working towards a common goal.
Atlanta Office - STAY AWAY! Incompetent Management Makes Your Life Miserable; Errors in My Paycheck 3x; Impossible to Deliver Exceptional Patient Care
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta (North/Sandy Springs), GAJune 10, 2014
Pros: with high employee turnover great opportunity to make new friends
Cons: management incompetent, long hours; too much time spent driving around
This is a great place to work if you enjoy working 16 hrs/day at a job paying overtime at less than minimum wage (through a legal FSLA loophole for piece-rate or pay per visit employees), you like office management - which changes almost every 6 months - placing unrealistic expectations on you with no promotion or pay increase, you enjoy spending 2+ – more... hours a day in your car (so you can't complete charting) travelling to patients homes and you take pleasure in being treated in a disrespectful, unprofessional, demeaning, and uncaring way.

It's mind-blowing how horrible management of this company hasn't driven it into bankruptcy. They recently ousted the CEO of the company and so far haven't found anyone willing to take on this train-wreck.

The longest an RN Case Manager has stayed at this company in the Atlanta office is almost two years!! Turnover from the top of this office to the field staff is unbelievably high - no one stays for long.

Management doesn't care how geographically dispersed patient assignments (could be eliminated if assigned territories, but aren't) take up a lot of time and result in longer than necessary days. Management doesn't care if you're assigned to work almost 20 days in a row because they can't keep weekend RNs. Management doesn't care if you were lied to about hours and how much you were to be paid after training. Management isn't concerned about patient care one inch past what regulations require. – less
Enjoyable people to work with in the Homecare Field.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJune 9, 2014
Pros: meetings on tuesdays with free items such at breakfast & snacks
Cons: alot of traveling involved for the big area we encompassed in all 3 counties.
I thoroughly enjoyed everyone at this job..I was very sad to not be able to relocate with the company to Brandon, FL at the end of April 2014.
excellent
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJune 2, 2014
Pros: i liked visiting patient i their home environment and providing education them.
Cons: every home environment is different and you never know what to expect in advance.
Typical day began at the office where I received my daily assignment. I visited patient homes and performed care. My day was divided between admissions, discharges, post hospital assessment, wound care, draw draws, pro-time monitoring, education and communication with doctors.
productive and fun working place
BUSINESS OFFICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Lafayette, COMay 29, 2014
Scheduling, answering multi-line office phones, inventory, distribution of medical and office supplies, Data entry, faxing and filling
Don't Work Here Unless Your Desperate!!!!
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Florence, ALMay 29, 2014
Pros: worked with great field staff, loved the patients
Cons: management, getting paid on time and the right amount, poor mileage reimbursement, overloaded 12~14 hr days, poor quality and functioning computers, felt like a hamster on a wheel with management holding the whip.
Managed case load, educated patients on disease processes. Coordinated care with doctors. Drove way to far for very poor reimbursement.. had to fight for a paycheck with payroll or immediate supervisor for not approving payroll correctly!!! Never got paid for cell phone bills before quiting finally!!!
This is by far the worst company I have ever worked – more... for!!!!
Management is awful. They have no concern for employees just whether or not their bonus check arrives for having good numbers!!! Don't expect a bonus either or incentives because they cut all those out for field staff... you will work 8 hour days and then go home and do 6 hrs more paperwork just to get done!!! Call is long and terrible. No help!!! Always short handed.. You are on your own...
The worst part is the favoritism!!! You better make sure you are the pet, if not your screwed and dumped on for holidays and visits!!! Not to mention the 100x's over refurbished trash they call computers you are given to complete your visits on which never work and take up more precious time which should be spent with your family!!!
I love being a nurse, and my patients but hate this company and the management!!!!
I worked with great people and still love them but it wasn't nearly enough to out-weigh the bad!!!!!

RUN unless you are desperate!!! – less
Very kind and knowledgeable staff
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMay 29, 2014
Great clinical directors and staff. made working there fun.
it has changed a lot since i have started working there , new corp management
field nurse (Current Employee), gaMay 27, 2014
Pros: good people per office / field staff in local areas
Cons: upper corp management doesn't get it, they have no idea how hard the field staff works .
lots of work , Tons of driving , long hours, little time for family or personal time for field staff. on call , lots of work to complete at home . they say they are changing things to make it better but haven't seen any changes yet. pay is ok, but nothing to brag about . insurance is good but costly to purchase.
Very long work weeks with little appreciation.
Clinical Manager (Current Employee), Van Buren, ARMay 25, 2014
Pros: decent insurance
Cons: no overtime, no appreciation, poor ethics of management
Worked tons of hours with no overtime compensation. No ethics outside of immediate office personnel. No appreciation for going above and beyond the job description.
Good working conditions.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 22, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I enjoyed working with Amedisys, the staff members, on the whole, were skilled and professional. Management changed frequently.
Amedisys, Indianapolis, closed in March of 2014.

The most enjoyable part of the job, for me, was and will always be, the patient care and relationships, interacting with staff members.

The hardest part of the job was keeping – more... up with the transfer of notes when the patient load was extremely high. – less
Dynamic company to work for in terms of benefits and compensation.
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee), Lancaster, PaMay 21, 2014
Pros: company wide bonuses.
Cons: quota/deadline driven.
Great company to work for with potential for advancement. The owner and CEO of the company is definitely one of the factors why employees remain loyal because of his genuine and sincere personality for his employees.
Poor Management Communication and Decision Making
Prospective (Former Employee), CAMay 20, 2014
Wasted my time..........

prospective very qualified employee and they decided last minute to eliminate the position after many extensive interviews

1 2 3 4 5

About Amedisys

Amedisys' philosophy, "Taking care of your loved ones as we would our own," has guided their growth into one of the – Read more