Amedisys Employee Reviews

productive and a fun place to work
Field Service Coordinator (Former Employee), NORFOLK, VAAugust 20, 2015
always busy. never lacking for anything to do. co-workers were fun. norfolk, va. within walking distance of stores. public transportation accessible
explore other options if possible, save yourself the stress
RN case manager (Former Employee), GeorgiaAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, Some control over planning day, Competent and caring coworkers, Not stuck in an office or building all day.
Cons: Working for this company made me consider leaving nursing. Good place if you like having no life, hours of repetitive paperwork, and being micromanaged.
Some of the homes are very dirty and/or have possible safety concerns. Limited help available on weekends if there is an issue with patient or supplies. About $$$$. Loyal employees not valued. bottom line numbers take precedence. Work long hours. Stay up late completing repetitive paperwork. No compensation for driving time. Registered nurse positions understaffed, leaving RN's overworked. STRESSFUL. No work-life balance. You will struggle to have an outside life. Company will use you up and throw you away. High employee turnover. employees who do a high number of visits are most valued by management. Quantity not quality. Micromanagement of clinicians. can never do enough to make management happy. On-call too many days in a row, often 12+ days in a row. Sorority sister type office environment (excluding clinicians in the field).
A-MESS-THIS-IS (AKA Amedysis)
Account Executive (Former Employee), Madison, WIAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Salary was good
Cons: Numerous
Company is very poorly managed. Also, not very honest. The local office that I worked for as well as 72 other offices were abruptly closed on the same day in 2010 because of several Gov't investigations--some of which were Medicare fraud.
Great pay!!!
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Great Pay
Cons: Fire you with the drop of a dime.
My typical work day would be making coffee for everyone first thing in the morning. The work was so productive and fast that i had to come in early and leave late and sometimes not take my full lunch to get everything in order and done for that day.The pay was great. And i had enjoyed working there most of the time. The hardest part was you could never do enough for that company.
Office staff like family
Business Office Specialist/Scheduler (Former Employee), Cedartown, GAAugust 10, 2015
Scheduling is the hardest job at Amedisys. Clinicians constantly complain about how many visits they are given and want to rearrange schedules every day. Supervisors work with you to help when problems arise. Staff is like family. Very caring and good with work/life balance. Flexible. New CEO is working to make it a better place to work and more profitable.
visiting nurse
LPN (Current Employee), Providence, RIAugust 9, 2015
This is a company provides wonderful care to patients in there home environment. I enjoy having the ability to provide in home care to patients recovering at home. Amedisys is a growing company and provides care all over the country with options for relocation if necessary.
PRODUCTIVE WORKPLACE
FIELD NURSE (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNJuly 31, 2015
Pros: ABLE TO MANAGE OWN TIME
Cons: OVERWORKED ON CALL SCHEDULES, NOT ENOUGH FAMILY TIME
NEED ABILITY TO BE ABLE TO BE DISCIPLINED WELL WITH TIME MGMT AND ABILITY TO WORK IN THE FIELD ALONE WITH DIRECT AND INDIRECT SUPERVISION OF THE RN CASE MANAGER. CO-WORKERS VERY SUPPORTIVE, WILLINGNESS TO LEARN, CONTINUED EDUCATION PROVIDED FROM STAFFING ACCORDING TO NEEDS OF THE INDIVIDUAL
Good pay and benefits
LPTA (Former Employee), VAJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Good work environment
Cons: Had to cover a large area
Good pay and benefits but had to cover a large area to get my visit in to keep full time status. Excellent co-workers and good communication between each disipline.
Registered nurse
registered nurse (Former Employee), MONOGAHELAJuly 26, 2015
If I could give them less than one star I would. Awful place to work....terrible pay..long hours.....would often have 4-5 charting to do after working an eight hour day running all over the place and putting miles and wear and tear on my car. They work you six days a week and somehow get out of paying you overtime. AWFUL...AWFUL...AWFUL!!!!!!!! They lie to you to reel you in and then you find out the awful truth when it's too late....glad I am out of there. I am sure my review will disappear like my other ones.. someone needs to warm the poor unsuspecting people who want to work there.
Local agency providers only puppets for corporation
RN (Former Employee), WVJuly 21, 2015
Pros: There are wonderful patients.
Cons: Everything about this agency
This company has no communication skills and often overlooks visits until late in the day causing already overworked nurses to work even longer.The director does not know the patients and is unable to provide any type of information to nurses in the field. Schedulers are not able to properly schedule visits and often miss patients all together. Co-workers were self-serving and did not hesitate to "throw another nurse under the bus" in order to protect themselves. Director is not able to use her own education and decision making skills she is emailed the responses she may give to nurses. Directors cannot think for themselves or provided opnions that are opposite of the "corporation" for fear of losing their jobs. I have never worked anywhere that I have been so micromanaged. Co-workers backstab and do not honor loyalty. This company is only out for profit and not the best interest of the patient. It is no wonder there is such a turnover of staff.
Stressful place to work!
Account Executive (Former Employee), New YorkJuly 21, 2015
Learned quite a bit in a short time. Lot of micro management. Friendly management at first but changes faces quickly. Extremely stressful.
A hospice company not an IT company
Technical Analyst (Current Employee), Baton Rouge,LAJuly 20, 2015
Great place for nurses! The company is restructuring and downsizing the IT department. No one is more responsible for your career than you are. All of the previous quotes are from the New CIO in regards of the restructuring
good work environment with pleasant co-workers
office manager (Former Employee), sterling heights miJuly 19, 2015
Pros: pleasant office environment, pleasant co-workers
Cons: time sensitive corporate protocols, hindered office produtivity at times when there was not enough staff to perform all job duties
good work environment , co-workers pleasant,

learned to manage time proficiently to accomplish job duties

dealing with laptop issues became challenging at times as staff had timeframe constraints for patient visits and computer issues were frustrating for them

performing inventories were challenging at times as they were time
sensitive according to corporate protocols and daily work also had to be maintained while performing inventories
I enjoy job....
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2015
...however it consumes my life. I work from the minute I wake up and up until 12-2 to complete charting. As I am paid per visit, I am over worked and underpaid. I no longer have a personal/family life. Work comes home with me. When I am on call I work 12-14 days straight...
Very Micro Managed
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 16, 2015
Company needs to learn to trust their employees...degrades their employees with meniall tasks within the business office. Corporate doesnt allow the employees oversea menial tasks
A change in direction causing telent to leave
Several Positions Over My Tenure (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Compensation, Benefits, Co-Workers, Company Activities, Charitable Initiatives
Cons: Poor Morale, Leadership Changes, Reductions in Force, Lack of Opportunity for advancement
I have absolutely loved my time at Amedisys! This company has fostered my learning and helped me grow both professionally and personally. The opportunities were endless and the compensation was adequate. Recent changes in leadership have halted this feeling at Amedisys. Lately, there has been no talk of potential advancement or professional growth. Opportunities to learn and develop have ceased and outside leaders are being brought in instead of internally advancing current talent.

Current political shifts, both inside and outside the company are causing changes to the daily operations and even the mood at Amedisys. The general message from leadership is that we are in charge of our own careers and need to look for opportunities at other companies.

I have worked for Amedisys for the majority of my career and can no longer take the anxiety of not knowing if I have a future here.
Typical Healthcare Money Machine
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 14, 2015
Company has lost sight of patient and employee care. Management is bred to focus on bottom lines with disregard to the supposed mission. On the ground, however, great clinicians that care.
went bad after changing Mngmt.
cna (Former Employee), greeneville tnJuly 13, 2015
answered phones, drove to patients houses to care for them took vitals and gave baths. It was a good place to work till managemnet changed then our bonuses stoped and jobs got taken away from us that we were promosed.
Busy, Busy, Busy
Visiting LPN (Current Employee), Van Buren, ARJuly 9, 2015
Pros: you will put tons of miles on your vehicle
Cons: excellent pay
Your day is spent driving from client to client. Your route may be in the city or in a rural area. Often times roads are not good to travel on and homes are not always in the best of condition. You are a guest in your client's home. Most times these are elderly people who do not choose to go into a nursing home or assisted living facility. They cherish their independence.
professional and caring
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Fort Payne, ALJune 29, 2015
Amedisys treated me as a professional member of the team; the work environment was supportive and the staff was caring.
Headquarters
5959 S. Sherwood Forest Blvd.
Baton Rouge, LA 70816