Amedisys Employee Reviews

Unrealistic sales goals - only Medicare matters
Business Development (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 19, 2016
good salary but often expected to work weekends. Florida sales mgr had no direction and very political. Nursing Director very combative and difficult to work with. Clinicians and CTC were good and I enjoyed working with them but mgt only wants straight Medicare patients and your nursing director only wants short term, easy, PT and Skilled nursing and only if tied up in a pretty package with a bow.
Pros
decent base, good clinicians
Cons
non-existent commision, you will work weekends
Professional company with lots of resources
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAAugust 15, 2016
Enjoyed climbing the ladder within a single company who believes in promoting within. Best part of the job was the coworkers and patients. Hardest part of the job was the termination of unprofessional staff.
Unrealistic expectations.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIAugust 15, 2016
Always bringing tons of work home. Lack of support feom office staff. Nobody listened to you when you had a problem or felt overworked/overwhelmed.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Lack of feeling supported. Work life balance non exsistant
Homecare=Homework
LPN (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAAugust 12, 2016
Alot of useful training. Great pay although they Only paid for 25 hours a week til training was completed. Plenty of business, never enough help staffwise. Number driven, alot of missed visits due to lack in staffing. Office Management face being reprimanded for turning down business due to lack of staffing which lead to poor patient care.
Unable to get to know patients and plan of care, due to constant change in cities/areas worked. Not alot of clinical help in the field.
REQUIRED To see new patients before RN has put in start of care and orders in many instances. RN WERE OVERWORKED AS WELL.
Work really requires alot of administrative time that is not highly favored by mgmt. Alot of visits requiring woundcare, yet visit carries same Weight as a regular skilled nursing visit.
My opiniin, if visits are done properly, woundcare visit can take an hour or more. Charting in one visit can take 10-15 minutes each.
Having to do 35+ visits a week to meet productivity, calculated out. You will spend way beyond 40+ a week for this company.
Will sometimes give you twice the caseload for a days work, knowing you can't possibly do them all so you are expected to find time to call doctors to report each miss visit for the day.
This position, is for the person who has a lot of time on their hand, no serious obligations to family, etc. And wants to make endless amounts of money.
Pros
Pay, Autonomy, technology
Cons
Unorganized, high turnover rate, travel time is not compensated for.mileage calculated by computer software
Amedisys
Area Vice President (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 8, 2016
When I first started with Amedisys they were all about the patient care. The company sold shares to an investment company and things changed. Now it was about the dollar and not the patients. They push to have patients admitted but don't have the staff to care for them.
Pros
Salary was good
Cons
Caroline Henderson
High turnover and low morale in office
Registered Nurse, Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCAugust 7, 2016
Company has excellent pay and very flexible schedule. Employees get along but office morale is bad and a high turnover rate in nursing causing employees to take on call more often causing burn out.
Pros
Flexible schedule and excellent pay
Cons
High turnover and take call too often
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Scottdale, PAAugust 5, 2016
I read the reviews on this company and still applied and worked there. I definitely would not recommend Amedisys to anyone. The patients receive great care since the nurses, therapists and nurses aids are amazing. Employees however get the short end of the stick. My biggest gripe is pay and feeling like I wasn't supported or had the supplies i needed while out in the field. I worked a lot of hours but was not paid for documenting or travel time. You do get paid for mileage but it doesn't pay for the wear and tear on your car. I think it's probably a good job for parents who like to have a flexible schedule.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay, support services
Awesome Nurses, Poor Management
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Marianna, FLAugust 1, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Amedisys the first year I worked there. After that my location changed managers multiple times for varies reasons . I was left many days in the office by myself because they would not allow us to hire more nurses, so our clinical manager had to go see patients which in return made our chart completion of charts fall far behind and manager would write us up.
Beautiful facility
Home Health Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 30, 2016
I had a great team of co-workers,which is the reason we made it from one shift to the next. High management turn over,lack of education/training for specialized areas.
Very Flexible
LPN, PRN (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJuly 28, 2016
Overall Okay place to work. When I worked there, they were combining 2 offices and the management had issues with getting things sorted out. On the weekends there are too many patients per nurse.
horrible management
BOS/ Therapy Scheduler (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 26, 2016
office manager was constantly leaving early and not present. manager would talk about employees to other office staff.
Pros
field staff was amazing to work with
Cons
management, no leadership, not honest about advancement opportunities
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bluefield, WVJuly 25, 2016
My job is very rewarding ,I usually work 8 Hours Monday thur Friday I Have great coworkers the hardest part about my job is lifting I have learned how to deal with different people and how to manage my time efficiency.
worst company ever
Business Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 13, 2016
low pay, not enough appreciation for lower level staff, discrimination..its not what you know but who you know. long hours and upper management con't to get away with commiting fraud and it is repeatly overlooked by the corporate office.
Pros
Cons
discrimination
Great Company with great benefits and I learned so many valuable life skills.
Account Executive/Sales/RN (Current Employee) –  Amedisys Home Health, Memphis, TNJuly 11, 2016
Great Company but its grown too fast and they have steered away from the number on priority of taking excellent care of patients and are more focused on numbers, numbers, and numbers. Great benefits and great local leadership. Not much family life balance, even though that was one of the core beliefs at one time.
Pitiful place to work
RN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 9, 2016
Having worked for Amedisys at an RN for several years I can honestly say this has been the worst job experience I have EVER endured. The company is corporate driven and cliquish. It is "all about the numbers". Poor management with very high turnover. Have had 4 directors, 4 clinical manager turnovers and multiple nursing turnovers in the past 4 years. Schedulers have been at the company for several years and STILL do not understand the territories and fair and appropriate scheduling for the nurses. The AVP of operations has lost his edge as a clinician and only desires to climb the corporate ladder while brushing complaints of poor compensation, poor scheduling, rude /mediocre nurses and ridiculous amounts of documentation under the rug. Very poor training with regard to new systems and equally poor nursing preceptorship from the current nurse preceptor who is rude and argumentative. Management refuses to address the poor attitude of the preceptor as they are essentially scared of her and catering to her as she has been there "so long" hence she is allowed to subject new nurses as well as current employees to harsh treatment.. New DOO needs to take a course in appropriate communication with staff as he often sends emails in which he talks down to staff as if they are children. No reimbursement for drive time, no raises, and overloaded schedules with ungodly amounts of after hours documentation. Absolutely NO work-life balance and management frankly does nothing to improve that situation. If you enjoy working as your primary goal in life then fine but otherwise if you  more... want a life and fair treatment you might want to run the other way!!!  less
Pros
Cons
Multiple as stated above
overwhelming
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJuly 5, 2016
When the agency is fully staffed, you are able to get your patients seen and charting done before the end of day. Over all the agency was mainly under staffed, workload overwhelming, and long driving time between patients made it difficult to complete all task by end of day. Often times moving patients to the next day and/or charting after hours was needed to finish work. Every patient was different which made the job interesting. Driving around to see patients was relaxing. This was a rewarding job experience.
amedisys hospice
business office specialist (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJuly 5, 2016
the office that I worked for was flexible, reliable, and was a family. everyone pitched in on a time of need and was there for each other. my work environment was fast paced and extremely busy.
there are diffent branches all over the states...make sure you associate the poor ratings with the area they are in
RN Case Manager Hospice (Current Employee) –  Augusta, MEJuly 4, 2016
I work in the Augusta Maine office....and I couldn't be happier.....team players....efficient...fun...
Pros
salary pay....coworkers are great....flexible hours....
Love this company
Director of Operations RN (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJune 27, 2016
I love working with all the staff, patients and company. Great team work, morals and beliefs. I left for a few months and came right back.
Not for me
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJune 25, 2016
The pay scale was not made clear when interviewing or on hire. instead of being hourly it is a pay per visit pay scale. So, if you want to make money you will be working on paperwork after your day is finished.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
pay

2.7