Amedisys Employee Reviews

Enter at your own risk
CLINICAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 16, 2017
Enter at your own risk. Salary is great. Work hours great. But typically you will have work to complete after hours. So get ready to work long hours but great pay
Pros
salary
Cons
amount of time on work
Very rewarding job
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNAugust 9, 2017
Patient load can sometimes be heavy, but it is very rewarding at the end of the day. You do have to take work home with you on a regular basis. Expect long hours.
Wonderful
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAAugust 6, 2017
Great coworkers,absolutely loved my job. Loved teaching patients how to monitor their diabetes, chf, wound care etc...
Flexible, good pay . Most important was the one on one care.
Pros
Flexible, great coworkers, pay
Cons
Putting miles on my car
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 6, 2017
Laid back environment with flexibility contingent upon one's work ethic and ability to meet deadlines.

I happen to work with a fantastic director who supports staff and is responsive to the needs of the care center.
Pros
1 hr lunches, flexibility, work with a great team
Amedisys is a great place to work
Regional Field Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 5, 2017
Amedisys is an incredible place to work. The culture and the engagement of upper management make the environment fun and rewarding.

Working with patients and physicians towards positive in-home health outcomes has a very special draw.
Pros
Lots of exposure and things to do
Cons
Compensation increases are limited unless you are an AR or AM
Run far, run fast
clinial manager (Former Employee) –  middle tennesseeAugust 3, 2017
My training was poorly structured and confusing. Most of the other employees are unhappy, overworked and as a new person when you don't know something you get treated badly. Management could care less about your work/life balance they want you to work all the time.I was placed on call without notice even when I was on PTO, told I would have assistance then that person was pulled elsewhere. Poor communication between managers and at times very unprofessional behavior. Many long time employees talk about how wonderful it was to work for this company years ago but note the climate has changed for the worse. Just look at the job openings. Some offices can barely stay open with a skeleton staff because of the turn over.
Pros
the checks don't bounce
Cons
very high insurance premiums, poor work/life balance, no standardized training for positions, poor IT support because it is all remote
RUN, worst place i have ever worked
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 3, 2017
Workload is absolutely impossible for the staff they have and was told we didn't need more staff. Everybody puts well more than 40 hours in but are told we are not allowed over time. Then when you try to keep it at 40 hours, you get wrote up for work being behind. Health insurance is horrible, high deductible plan. Management is horrible. The pace in the office was absolutely unmanageable but nobody will listen, it's just do more, more, more. You feel no appreciation for hard work and they will fire you in a heartbeat. Run from this company.
Pros
Nothing really positive to report
Cons
Hourly employees working over 40 hours but dont get paid for their work, no employee appreciation work environment
Fast pace schedule
Medical Social Worker (MSW) (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCAugust 2, 2017
Agency partnered with other agencies to meet the need of the patients. Our schedules changed daily due to patients and families having crisis occurred.
Enjoyed this HH position the most however did not recieve enough referrals.
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYAugust 1, 2017
Enjoyed this HH position the most however did not recieve enough referrals to keep the 2 Full time OTR/L busy. So I left. Appreciated lap tops I would work there gain.
Company got too big for their britches
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKJuly 27, 2017
I started with Amedisys when patient care was a priority. That quickly changed and it became all about the all mighty dollar. The quotas were ridiculously high and management was a joke. If you're going to work in home health steer clear of Amedisys.
Pros
company car
Cons
everything else

Want to know more about Amedisys?

Ask a question
Great place to work!
Business Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 26, 2017
Answer phones and schedule clinicians to see home bound patients. Scan medical documents into patient's chart. Run daily reports and work with authorization department to help obtain authorizations for nursing, therapy and home health aide visits.
crazy
Temp Staff R.N. Positions (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 24, 2017
I believe that an agency is only as good as the director running that local office. Amedisys was being introduced to their computer program for the first time and it had terrible flaws in it. Difficulty not having sufficient technical support.
Pros
provided occasional breakfast foods
Cons
large territory to cover
Clinical Manager ---Interim Director
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZJuly 23, 2017
Cookie Cutter set up----treated all Agencies the same despite the environmental and staff culture---too much micromanagement
Too much focus on the bottom line---not enough on the patient aspects

My coworkers were great to work with but over the years we lost so many people as they were dissatisfied with their position and would leave.
Not a bad place to work.
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Masontown, PAJuly 22, 2017
Pros are that you can make you own schedule and run errands during the day. However, the overwhelming paperwork makes the work/life balance difficult at times.
Pros
high pay
Cons
Paperwork can be overwhelming
No appreciation
HHA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Masontown, PAJuly 21, 2017
I've worked here for 4 yrs and new hires were making more then me and had a set schedule/territory. They DO NOT give raises . Very unfair work place !
Pros
The patients
Cons
Not a guarantee work place . No raises
Great Company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaJuly 17, 2017
great work environment, policies and procedures are concise and fair, wonderful group of caring clinicians and office staff. Fast paced and always something new and challenging to accomplish.
Pay is not comparable for workload
Clinical Manager / Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Covington, GAJuly 16, 2017
Additional task placed on clinical managers every week making this job very stressful and difficult to complete all task required. Overall the pay could be much better.
Pros
steady employment
Cons
Too much work placed on clinical managers for low pay
Enjoyed working as a Psych Home Health Nurse
Registered Nurse- Psych/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAJuly 12, 2017
I was able to orientate with another Psych nurse and able to learn the approach in a home health setting, which was a great learning experience for me. Hardest part of the job was seeing patients who were non-compliant and so depressed, but over-all it was a great job and was able to get gratification from helping just a little. I started working in one location, then was tranferred to another location to start the Psych nurse position in home health, but the office was staggering and we could not get it off the ground due to lack of support.
Pros
Enjoyed Psych home health.
Cons
Had to quit, since they could not offer me full time hours.
manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJuly 11, 2017
i enjoyed wished office didnt close should have gone to brandon to work instead of staying home a big regret i have, they trained very well and there is always someone to talk to to learn the job I like the family friendly atmosphere.
Good place to work for
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJuly 9, 2017
Good palce to work for they have good benefits and 401k. They also take care of all taring need to be cna or health care employ Care a lot about ther employess
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
drive time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amedisys. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8