Amedisys Employee Reviews

Fun Place
RN (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 12, 2016
Very flexible work environment. Great management team that truly cares for their employees. Sounds like a disgruntled employee, on previous review, that most likely no longer works here. Best home health company that I've worked for.
Pros
Flexible, Fun, Helpful
Great Company GReat People
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLMarch 3, 2017
Excellent growing company with lots of potential.
United together we are strong and successful in helping people get better.
Excellent programs and Excellent Clinical Team to work with
productive and fair
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALFebruary 3, 2017
I really enjoyed working for amedisys. It was a great company to work for but i was having to drive 125 miles a day so it was to much gas and to much wear and tear on my vehicle
Pros
great management
Cons
mileage
Manager (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaFebruary 6, 2017
I enjoyed working at Amedisys. The coworkers are great. Management changes frequently which is always frustrating. The upper management works hard and tries to be fair most of the time.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Frequent changes
Fun atmosphere
Director of Mental Health Services (Former Employee) –  Clanton, ALFebruary 24, 2017
Fun atmosphere, flexible work scheduling. Requires a great deal of independence, motivation, and confidence. They have now changed computer systems and documentation is a lot better
territory too large
Home Health Behavioral Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 9, 2017
I was told when I was hired that my territory would only include a certain area. Then I was sent to places very far out of my territory and they poorly compensated for gas!
I had no private life with this position.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 15, 2017
This position required visiting patients in their homes and then writing the assessments and orders on the computer at home in the evening.It required and took over my whoe life.
Wonderful
LPN clinical nurse (Former Employee) –  Winchester, TNDecember 8, 2016
Amedisys is wonderful to work for. They have great pay and benefits. The only down fall was they are slow to advance in technology. Using old heavy large laptops and cameras. They also advancement
Pros
PAY
Cons
SLOW TO ADVANCE IN TECHNOLOGY
manager very understanding
Business Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Canton, GAJanuary 18, 2017
overall not a bad place to work . hours are good and office staff is friendly and understanding . a family oriented office
Pros
flexable scheduale
Cons
they keep changing employee status
Unrealistic sales goals - only Medicare matters
Business Development (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 19, 2016
good salary but often expected to work weekends. Florida sales mgr had no direction and very political. Nursing Director very combative and difficult to work with. Clinicians and CTC were good and I enjoyed working with them but mgt only wants straight Medicare patients and your nursing director only wants short term, easy, PT and Skilled nursing and only if tied up in a pretty package with a bow.
Pros
decent base, good clinicians
Cons
non-existent commision, you will work weekends
Terrible place to work
Psych RN (Former Employee) –  Crestview Hills, KYSeptember 1, 2016
Worst job I ever had. After working all day would go home and chart all evening. Put in way more hours then my paycheck reflected. Interviewed for a psych nurse position and was told would see some medical patients, most of my patients turned out to be medical. Being I was a psych nurse with very little medical experience they had me out in the field with no medical training, nor was it offered when I told them I was a psych nurse not a medical nurse. When I quit telling them again I am a psych nurse not a medical nurse they then offered to give me more training and all psych patients. Hated life the entire time I worked for this company because I was not seeing psych patients like I applied for and I had no life the entire time I worked for this company.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Not doing job I applied for, poor training, long working hours
RN case manager
nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78229August 23, 2016
don't bother applying here. It is the worst place I have been in my 20yrs experience in nursing. The administrator is not a good manager. The Business admin thinks she is in charge and bosses everyone around. She does not provide you with enough supplies to perform your job safely. The DOO/Administrator is a fake and constantly lies to the patients and the employees and to the corporate people in charge of her. They have learned how to cheat the system and keep patients for years in hospice. The drama in the office is sickening. They expect you to work lots of on call at night and weekends. If you never want to have a "life" and put your license on the line, then this is the place for you.
If not..........................run far away from this company!!!!!
Pros
i cant think of any
Cons
long work hours for peanuts, lots of stress, chaos and drama
Very good place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLSeptember 13, 2016
Got to meet new patients every day. Able to scheduleing appointments thru the day. Review and sometimes set up of patient medications. Teaching disease processes and outcomes. Dressing changes and treatments as ordered for each client. Did not like having to drive all day
Pros
good benifits
Cons
driving, condition of some clients homes
Amedisys Hospice
nurse and charting (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PASeptember 25, 2016
I am so blessed to work with such an amazing group of people. The love and compassion from these nurses and aides goes above and beyond explaination. To share what we have to our patients and their families is by the grace of God we do what we do for them each day. We provide only the best to our Pts.
Great company
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 15, 2017
This was a great company, with great benefits. The company took care of it's employee's . The company really showed they always cared about "family", because that is what we were.
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Scottdale, PAAugust 5, 2016
I read the reviews on this company and still applied and worked there. I definitely would not recommend Amedisys to anyone. The patients receive great care since the nurses, therapists and nurses aids are amazing. Employees however get the short end of the stick. My biggest gripe is pay and feeling like I wasn't supported or had the supplies i needed while out in the field. I worked a lot of hours but was not paid for documenting or travel time. You do get paid for mileage but it doesn't pay for the wear and tear on your car. I think it's probably a good job for parents who like to have a flexible schedule.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay, support services
Business down
Baylor nurse (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 30, 2016
Business is down stars ratings are low need more money but business does not warrant or allow extra work for increased income they are revamping all offices people are being laid off trying to find new employment .
good company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 17, 2017
good place to work they had just got going in springfield and had not built a solid foundation yet they seem to be good now. i have friends working for them and really enjoy the company.
Rn
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Clayton, GA 30525January 20, 2017
Wonderful staff and management! Could not ask for a better work environment. Have worked here for over 2 years and will continue to stay PRN even if I leave for another job opportunity!
Pros
Flexible Schedule
good work enviorment
RN (Former Employee) –  gulfport msAugust 25, 2016
I enjoyed working with patients, physicians, staff members and management to bring quality care to our patients. I most enjoyed interaction with patients and their family members to optimize their outcome. least enjoyable for me was computer work, however I was able to overcome that difficulty and learned to enjoy the computer documentation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amedisys. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8