Amedisys Employee Reviews

stressful traveling position
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toccoa, GANovember 2, 2017
Stressful schedule, excessive charting, and many more unpaid hours of work after patient is cared for. Must work home visits around their scheduled MD appointments, cant visit if saw dr in same day due to insurance. Amount of charting exceeds double the time you actually care for the patient.
Pros
pay
Cons
gas, charting
Management in my location was awful
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 2, 2017
Benefits and paid time off were very good. Salary was very good. I loved working with patients and their families but the office culture was toxic. If not a member of the clique, it was a hostile workplace.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Lack of respect if not in the "management clique".
excellent
Interim Director of Operations/Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 1, 2017
amazing structure from the point of a management view. excellent plan for growth and success. very respectful core values with a patient centered focus.
pay per visit not commesurate to hourly
LPN Home Care (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAOctober 29, 2017
be prepared to travel great distances between patient and take documentation home. you are paid per visit . if you document at home and add hours to your day for documentation you will be questioned. very unrealistic expectation if you truly do all of your patient teaching at the visit you will not be able to fulfill the documentation in the home.
Pros
patients
Cons
pay rate and distance between patients
Great Company/ Low on Staffing
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 29, 2017
My seat at Amedisys was an hot seat, meaning it's busy 24/7. I gain a lot of experience from all the mandatory courses throughout the year. Management was awesome, the workplace culture is good.
Challenging
RN Staff Nurse and Psychiatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 26, 2017
It was a great place to work. Management was the best I ever worked for. The work environment was overall very positive. I was recruited from a hospital job end enjoyed getting out in the community.
Pros
Good pay, management support.
Cons
Averaged 10-12 hrs per day.
Fun fast paced place to work
Clinical Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 24, 2017
My time at Amedisys was very enjoyable, the work culture was open and inviting. Management was very accessible and friendly, and we had fun events planned to show employee appreciation.
Pros
Management accessability
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 23, 2017
Amedisys has it all figured out for you as a company. They give you what you need in order to do your job well. The train you on your job responsibilities via web classes or by phone, limited one on one training, con. If you are a self starter this job will be great for you.

I have enjoyed my time spent working with the company.
Workplace Culture
Home Health RN (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 22, 2017
If you are a work alcoholic then Amedisys is for you. I don't anything else to say. I am done but the system is requiring that I type a minimum of 150 characters in order to move forward.
Great Team
provide support patients and their families (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 19, 2017
The team I worked with was amazing. They really cared about their patients and making sure we did our jobs good. Management was very involved with patient care as well. Greg, my district manager at the time was excellent and very professional.
All and all good
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 16, 2017
Overall the company as a whole is full of people who are willing to help and are in the health care field for all of the right reasons i would love to work for them again.
Social work role was not valued
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GA 31501October 13, 2017
Pro's: I worked at this facility and loved working with the patients, was exciting to go to new places each week and to work with such diversity. The community values your role and you have the ability to see positive change take place. The patients make this job worthwhile. If you are looking for any other gratification, this is not the place.

Con's: management is horrible! They send you into homes that have scabies and bed bugs and don't tell you beforehand. A lot of turn-over with management. I've been to countless staff meetings with the director screaming at staff members, a coffee mug being thrown a time or two. People are hired without enough experience in upper management and care about the money and incentives only, very cut-throat... Current DOO was hired after partying with big boss (who was eventually fired for inappropriate behavior with staff) and takes no accountability for her actions. I reported her multiple times for unethical behavior. People get disgusted and leave. I stayed almost 10 years because of the patient experiences and if you're able to avoid office politics and stay on the DL, have thick skin (very thick skin) and can stay focused on the patients only, can be somewhat content. Don't try to advocate for the patient at your office however and expect them to hear you, advocate for them in other areas and focus on getting a lot of work done in a few visits. One other major drawback is working in severe weather and with bad road conditions. I killed two cars due to bad road conditions. Would be better with a better leader who is qualified and experienced.
Great Mission & Culture
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 12, 2017
The culture is incredible and this is a great company to work for and grow with. The mission and passion for their patients is truly amazing! I feel that I am making a difference in people's lives daily.
Pros
Culture, compensation, benefits & work life balance
Great support and culture
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  AlabamaOctober 11, 2017
Amedisys is a great company with excellent leadership! This company geniely wants and does the right thing! The reputation and the standard of care that is expected is nothing more than the best!
Pros
Great leadership
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 10, 2017
Amedisys was a great company to work for, was given 5 hours of PTO per pay period, was granted my PTO as scheduled, has good benefits, company would allow you to adjust your schedule as you needed to, but patients were sometimes far apart from one another. Had to be on call every other weekend, but the nurses would pitch in and help on another.
Pros
Great benefits, Pto, and scheduling was decent, wonderful, employees
Cons
Patients were sometimes to far apart, need laptops instead of tablets to get your work completed in a timely manner.
They do not value their employees or patients
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 10, 2017
Typical day is very busy, upper management above care centers is horrendous, not qualified, they can't even answer a question without saying they need to check...this has gone on for years. If you question anything they will terminate you. Run far away....
Pros
Cons
many
Great Place to Work
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 8, 2017
Nice company. Treat the employees very well. Definately recognize the extra effort people put into their jobs. We had weekly lunchs and holiday parties that made it really fun and get to know each other.
Pros
Fun, Great benefits, Nice people
Cons
No job growth really
Our branch is being closed
Staff Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Clearwater FLOctober 7, 2017
We were being ased to work every other weekend which resulted in 12 days on, 2 days off. Then it was announced our branch is being closed. We were given 30 days notice without offers to relocate or transfer to other offices
Overload of paperwork
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 6, 2017
Great staff and enjoyable work environment
However you feel overloaded with paperwork - generally spent most of my "off" time completing regulatory paperwork
Time consuming and at the time frustrating
Pros
Friendly and supportive work environment
Cons
Paperwork regulations
not a good place to work
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 5, 2017
they buy up small companies and squeeze everything out of the employees. eventually start making cuts and close down your office without an opportunity to reapply for another position
Pros
Cons
working for them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amedisys. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8