Amedisys Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
assist clinicians (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCSeptember 7, 2015
Amedisys is a fun place to work. The atmosphere is very pleasant and enjoyable. Management is very easy to work with and care about the well being of employees, also make sure that employees has the necessary tools and materials to work with on a daily basis.
Business Office Specialist
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clinton, SCSeptember 4, 2015
scheduling clinical, faxing and receiving orders, scanning into patient's chart, report daily, answer the phones, keep up with the supplies for nurses and give with request.
Pros
enjoyed with people that I worked with
Cons
short lunch breaks
Poor Work/Life Balance- Extremely Poor Management
RN (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNSeptember 2, 2015
Extremely Poor atmosphere to work in, manager of Cookeville, TN office is MICROMANAGEMENT to the max. No need for nurses to see patients because Director will try to make you do what she wants done in the plan of care. Unable to DC a patient related to non-homebound status (which is Medicare regulation)! Director wants patients recerted for med changes that happened over 3 wks ago. If you like your nursing license then do not work in Cookeville, TN office because YOUR NAME will be the only one on the medical form when MEDICARE finds the fraudulent activity. If you do however work in this facility make sure to get ALL POLICY and PROCEDURES in hard copy! This will come in handy when being told to do something illegal, immoral, or unethical. Then when you refuse start looking for another position because your days are now numbered! CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!!
Pros
Field Staff
Cons
unethical demands, medicare fraud, micromanagement, severe lack of communication, convenient forgot prior conversations by office staff
love this place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Florence, ALAugust 21, 2015
the patients are always well cared for. the nurses and CNA's always do a wonderful job here. they are wonderful at working together as a team.
productive and a fun place to work
Field Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  NORFOLK, VAAugust 20, 2015
always busy. never lacking for anything to do. co-workers were fun. norfolk, va. within walking distance of stores. public transportation accessible
explore other options if possible, save yourself the stress
RN case manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 19, 2015
Some of the homes are very dirty and/or have possible safety concerns. Limited help available on weekends if there is an issue with patient or supplies. About $$$$. Loyal employees not valued. bottom line numbers take precedence. Work long hours. Stay up late completing repetitive paperwork. No compensation for driving time. Registered nurse positions understaffed, leaving RN's overworked. STRESSFUL. No work-life balance. You will struggle to have an outside life. Company will use you up and throw you away. High employee turnover. employees who do a high number of visits are most valued by management. Quantity not quality. Micromanagement of clinicians. can never do enough to make management happy. On-call too many days in a row, often 12+ days in a row. Sorority sister type office environment (excluding clinicians in the field).
Pros
Flexible schedule, Some control over planning day, Competent and caring coworkers, Not stuck in an office or building all day.
Cons
Working for this company made me consider leaving nursing. Good place if you like having no life, hours of repetitive paperwork, and being micromanaged.
A-MESS-THIS-IS (AKA Amedysis)
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 19, 2015
Company is very poorly managed. Also, not very honest. The local office that I worked for as well as 72 other offices were abruptly closed on the same day in 2010 because of several Gov't investigations--some of which were Medicare fraud.
Pros
Salary was good
Cons
Numerous
Great pay!!!
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 10, 2015
My typical work day would be making coffee for everyone first thing in the morning. The work was so productive and fast that i had to come in early and leave late and sometimes not take my full lunch to get everything in order and done for that day.The pay was great. And i had enjoyed working there most of the time. The hardest part was you could never do enough for that company.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Fire you with the drop of a dime.
Office staff like family
Business Office Specialist/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Cedartown, GAAugust 10, 2015
Scheduling is the hardest job at Amedisys. Clinicians constantly complain about how many visits they are given and want to rearrange schedules every day. Supervisors work with you to help when problems arise. Staff is like family. Very caring and good with work/life balance. Flexible. New CEO is working to make it a better place to work and more profitable.
visiting nurse
LPN (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 9, 2015
This is a company provides wonderful care to patients in there home environment. I enjoy having the ability to provide in home care to patients recovering at home. Amedisys is a growing company and provides care all over the country with options for relocation if necessary.
PRODUCTIVE WORKPLACE
FIELD NURSE (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 31, 2015
NEED ABILITY TO BE ABLE TO BE DISCIPLINED WELL WITH TIME MGMT AND ABILITY TO WORK IN THE FIELD ALONE WITH DIRECT AND INDIRECT SUPERVISION OF THE RN CASE MANAGER. CO-WORKERS VERY SUPPORTIVE, WILLINGNESS TO LEARN, CONTINUED EDUCATION PROVIDED FROM STAFFING ACCORDING TO NEEDS OF THE INDIVIDUAL
Pros
ABLE TO MANAGE OWN TIME
Cons
OVERWORKED ON CALL SCHEDULES, NOT ENOUGH FAMILY TIME
Good pay and benefits
LPTA (Former Employee) –  VAJuly 26, 2015
Good pay and benefits but had to cover a large area to get my visit in to keep full time status. Excellent co-workers and good communication between each disipline.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Had to cover a large area
Registered nurse
registered nurse (Former Employee) –  MONOGAHELAJuly 26, 2015
If I could give them less than one star I would. Awful place to work....terrible pay..long hours.....would often have 4-5 charting to do after working an eight hour day running all over the place and putting miles and wear and tear on my car. They work you six days a week and somehow get out of paying you overtime. AWFUL...AWFUL...AWFUL!!!!!!!! They lie to you to reel you in and then you find out the awful truth when it's too late....glad I am out of there. I am sure my review will disappear like my other ones.. someone needs to warm the poor unsuspecting people who want to work there.
Local agency providers only puppets for corporation
RN (Former Employee) –  WVJuly 21, 2015
This company has no communication skills and often overlooks visits until late in the day causing already overworked nurses to work even longer.The director does not know the patients and is unable to provide any type of information to nurses in the field. Schedulers are not able to properly schedule visits and often miss patients all together. Co-workers were self-serving and did not hesitate to "throw another nurse under the bus" in order to protect themselves. Director is not able to use her own education and decision making skills she is emailed the responses she may give to nurses. Directors cannot think for themselves or provided opnions that are opposite of the "corporation" for fear of losing their jobs. I have never worked anywhere that I have been so micromanaged. Co-workers backstab and do not honor loyalty. This company is only out for profit and not the best interest of the patient. It is no wonder there is such a turnover of staff.
Pros
There are wonderful patients.
Cons
Everything about this agency
Stressful place to work!
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New YorkJuly 21, 2015
Learned quite a bit in a short time. Lot of micro management. Friendly management at first but changes faces quickly. Extremely stressful.
A hospice company not an IT company
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge,LAJuly 20, 2015
Great place for nurses! The company is restructuring and downsizing the IT department. No one is more responsible for your career than you are. All of the previous quotes are from the New CIO in regards of the restructuring
good work environment with pleasant co-workers
office manager (Former Employee) –  sterling heights miJuly 19, 2015
good work environment , co-workers pleasant,

learned to manage time proficiently to accomplish job duties

dealing with laptop issues became challenging at times as staff had timeframe constraints for patient visits and computer issues were frustrating for them

performing inventories were challenging at times as they were time
sensitive according to corporate protocols and daily work also had to be maintained while performing inventories
Pros
pleasant office environment, pleasant co-workers
Cons
time sensitive corporate protocols, hindered office produtivity at times when there was not enough staff to perform all job duties
I enjoy job....
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2015
...however it consumes my life. I work from the minute I wake up and up until 12-2 to complete charting. As I am paid per visit, I am over worked and underpaid. I no longer have a personal/family life. Work comes home with me. When I am on call I work 12-14 days straight...
Very Micro Managed
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 16, 2015
Company needs to learn to trust their employees...degrades their employees with meniall tasks within the business office. Corporate doesnt allow the employees oversea menial tasks
A change in direction causing telent to leave
Several Positions Over My Tenure (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 15, 2015
I have absolutely loved my time at Amedisys! This company has fostered my learning and helped me grow both professionally and personally. The opportunities were endless and the compensation was adequate. Recent changes in leadership have halted this feeling at Amedisys. Lately, there has been no talk of potential advancement or professional growth. Opportunities to learn and develop have ceased and outside leaders are being brought in instead of internally advancing current talent.

Current political shifts, both inside and outside the company are causing changes to the daily operations and even the mood at Amedisys. The general message from leadership is that we are in charge of our own careers and need to look for opportunities at other companies.

I have worked for Amedisys for the majority of my career and can no longer take the anxiety of not knowing if I have a future here.
Pros
Compensation, Benefits, Co-Workers, Company Activities, Charitable Initiatives
Cons
Poor Morale, Leadership Changes, Reductions in Force, Lack of Opportunity for advancement