Amedisys Employee Reviews

Office staff amazing, co-workers excellent
PTA - Full time (Current Employee) –  Thomaston, GAMarch 27, 2017
Couldn't ask for a better place to work. Disappointing that census was consistently low making long periods of travel to different regions necessary to pay bills.
Pros
Wonderful office staff and co workers
Cons
low census
Very nice place to work.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  North, SCMarch 26, 2017
Full case load of patients ,you call each pet. The evening prior to set
Appt. time for visit. The RN case manages were available for information on pt.
The management was fair and helpful to all employees.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 25, 2017
I did enjoy working for the company and sad that I was forced to leave, but it was not my choice. A good company that values their employees should practice loyalty to those who are doing a good job, and not be replaced by friends of management after an acquisition!
amedisys
Psychiatric / Medical RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLMarch 25, 2017
A typical work day is seeing 6 or more patients with medical or psych needs in the Hillsborough county . All Home Health duties done according to doctors orders. I have done this type of work for the last 15 years, spending 12 years with one company. The current management I am under is very helpful and fair. It is a team player type atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is the driving. Typical day is 100 or more miles. The best part of the job is meeting the patients in the community who need your help and count on you.
Pros
salary position
Cons
alot of driving
Clinical Assessment Manager
Clinical Assessment Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 21, 2017
I really liked this job due to being able to do lots of education with the staff to properly fill out an Oasis to depict the whole picture of what was going on with the patient, however, there were some unrealistic expectations to be able to educate and meet the days productivity. It was hard some days to manage the two but it kept you busy and the days went by super fast.
Pros
Able to perform education with the staff, working independently to perform work duties, collaboration with fellow Clinical Assessment Managers
Cons
Unrealistic expectations on daily quotas and being able to provide expectations, micro managing with some managers, long hours without compensation
Poor Management and Accountability
Business Office Specialist/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 17, 2017
The day to day work for the position itself is good, but the management and non accountability is lacking. The work culture is difficult to work with as it constantly changes with attitude and the lack of professionalism. The hardest part of the job is dealing with those that micromanage, bark orders and don't follow through with policy for some, but for others nit pick to the point of absurdity.
Pros
Overtime is allowed with proof of need
Cons
I enjoyed being a home health nurse
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMarch 15, 2017
I enjoyed being a home health nurse. I loved the flexible hours and working one on one with my patients. I also loved the interdisciplinary approach to care
Total chaos
RN Staff (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALMarch 13, 2017
Not what I expected upon hire. Did not know coverage area was so wide and travel for 8 months would be on my own vehicle. Salary is not compensatory to work performed. Did not know cal rotations were going to require a twelve day stretch before having an off day. Expect total access to my cellular phone for company use ,but doesnt reimburse but $30 a month. Overall it is no structure in the company and needs a total revamp of the home health spectrum.
lot of phone calls
Business Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALMarch 12, 2017
great place to work. Still there. Always update on operating systems. Constant training for employees. Constant emails from information central about updates.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
frequent turnover
Big Company nationally, little brains locally.
RN Case Manager/ LPN Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAMarch 11, 2017
This was a company that the office culture really just ruined anything good about the job. For example when I was hired I was assured that m patients would be local, when i started working it was an average 15 mile to my nearest patient, I was averaging over 50 mile per day, when i questioned why it was explained that the areas near me were already covered by someone with seniority over me, and that I go where the company needs me to go, no a clinician friendly environment.
Pros
Flexible scheduel
Cons
Non-clinician friendly atmosphere
territory too large
Home Health Behavioral Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 9, 2017
I was told when I was hired that my territory would only include a certain area. Then I was sent to places very far out of my territory and they poorly compensated for gas!
Very strong company from top to bottom
Care Transition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYMarch 9, 2017
This company has home town feel with corporate backing that allows local care centers to perform at a high level. Also allows for smaller care centers to have cutting edge therapy and equipment
Pros
Corporate backing
very busy place
Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 5, 2017
Very busy office, stressful. Fast paced, requiring constant mental processing. Patient care with moderate to high acuity, patient load is excessive, long hours, short lunch breaks
Pros
good workmates
Cons
stressful, fast paced environment
Great Company GReat People
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLMarch 3, 2017
Excellent growing company with lots of potential.
United together we are strong and successful in helping people get better.
Excellent programs and Excellent Clinical Team to work with
It was a great companey to work for and all the employees are great
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 2, 2017
It was a great company to work for and all the employees are great. I only left due to a move out of state. I am currently working with a different branch of Amedisys in Louisiana the transfer was smooth and pain free.
Horrible expectations of nurses. Huge patient overload.
RN (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 28, 2017
As a part-time RN, I was given 8-11 patients per day in a 100-mile radius. These included admissions, recertifications, discharges or resumptions of care. We were to have our computer work for the visits turned in the same day. Full-time nurses sometimes had 15 patients assigned to them on one day. One day, one of the RNs had 19. It became comical. I spoke to my director, then went to her manager. It did no good. I then dropped down to PRN status and have hardly worked at all since because I can't stand the thoughts of the pressure. I am actively seeking another job. I have worked for 3 other home health companies in my career (d/t relocation) and this is by far the worst. Communication to nurses is horrible. No continuity of care. I could go on and on. I tried to correct issues, but the battle became too overwhelming. My salary was $40/visit for a regular visit, which sounds pretty good until you look at a 45 min trip one way to a patient's house, at least 45 min in the home, 30 min to next pt, then 30 min computer work. That's an average/regular visit. That only comes to $20/visit and I have been a nurse for 25 years??
Pros
The majority of the staff is friendly.
Cons
See above. Plus the salary quote below is not very accurate d/t being paid per diem.
Great office staff
PTA (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAFebruary 24, 2017
I absolutely loved working at this facility. The staff was very family like and always willing to work with employees around their schedule.
Fun atmosphere
Director of Mental Health Services (Former Employee) –  Clanton, ALFebruary 24, 2017
Fun atmosphere, flexible work scheduling. Requires a great deal of independence, motivation, and confidence. They have now changed computer systems and documentation is a lot better
Awesome company to work for with very loyal people.
Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 23, 2017
Busy environment at all times. Always respected by peers and management. I learned Medical Billing as well as Authorization/Verification for Medical Insurance concerning Home Health Care.
Pros
Company Lunches, Benefits
Cons
The hours
Horrible Corporation
Case Manger (Former Employee) –  Munster, IndianaFebruary 22, 2017
Avoid the Munster Indiana office- chaotic and the only concern is revenue. Frequent management turn over and getting supplies (catheters, dressing supplies, etc) is like pulling teeth. Pay per visit- wage works out to very little when you add in evening and weekends spent doing paperwork, taking phone calls, time spent traveling.
Pros
Nice patients
Cons
Nasty managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amedisys. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8