Amedisys

Amedisys Employer Reviews

Productive, very non-personal, requires too many hours, and not allowed to spend the needed amount of time with the patient
Field clinician, LPN (Current Employee), Searcy, ARApril 17, 2014
Wake up, call in and get schedule for the day, see patients all day from Batesville to North Little Rock. Home around 7-8pm and then finish documenting until I fall asleep and wake up and do it all over againl. I learned alot about wound care. Peoples personal lives. And how some people in this world don't have anyone to care for them. Management is demanding. Does not care how far you have driven. Does not care how many hours you have worked.. Does not care if you are overloaded. Does not train you properly then you get in trouble when it's not done right. The hardest part of the job was dealling with the office. Most enjoyable is caring for the patient.
ok
Account Executive, Business Development Team (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCApril 16, 2014
okjdsnfwsb aeaesfaswfc vdg rgsegesdg esdfv

dfkmasfkmnas f
ksfnsaknf as

kswfna swk nfasw

sknf aswknf;alM
JMFKA WSNFKAS

FAKSWN FAKNF
S
AWSKN FKASN
good people to work with
Hospice aid/ buisness office specialist (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 8, 2014
Pros: team
Cons: no security
very comfortable work place and enjoyable co-workers easy to advance environment
Upper management says one thing - does another
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GaApril 7, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: upper management hycrocrisy
Amedisys "Core Beliefs" list: Service, Passion, Integrity, Respect, Innovation & Talent - yet they routinely do not apply these "Beliefs" to their front line employees. .... I accepted this job, in part, because I was promised one month orientation (to learn how to do the job correctly) but then got less than two weeks due to office being so "short of staff". I talked to over a dozen current & former Amedisys employees and every one of them said they were treated the same way. In my first month, 3 full time and one part time staff quit because of being over-worked and continually threatened with being fired because of their poor attitude. ..... The Top Management is dominated by "short term focused" financial types who apparently have big mortgages on their 3rd vacation home. It's no wonder Amedisys has such a high turnover rate.
Amazing co-workers
Director of Operations (Former Employee), NashvilleApril 2, 2014
Great, supportive co-workers. Amazing, hardworking employees. Sadly the environment was often in chaos and not a good learning environment.
I have enjoyed working for Amedisys
LPN (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 2, 2014
Enjoyable place to work. People are great to work with. Enjoy working with the patients. It is difficult when there is not enough work and have to struggle though the week.
i enjoyed working for amedisys, i did not have their benefits so i can not accurately judge that, but the company stands by their beliefs and morals
BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee), winter haven,flMarch 29, 2014
I think Amedisys is great as a company, I enjoyed coming to work, but the ony positions now that are available are very far for me to drive.
Great managers and coworkers, Cardiocom usage in home to monitor weight, B/P, Pulse, O2 Sats
Case Manager (Current Employee), Evansville, INMarch 28, 2014
Pros: challenging patients with interesting disease processes, flexibility during the day
Cons: long hours, detailed documentation on the computer
Typical day was traveling to patient homes , patient education and teaching on disease process, medications. Contacting MD's for orders or problems with patient.
Skills: anchor catheter, venipunctures, ostomy care, wound care, tube feedings.
Co-workers were very helpful with suggestions to assist patient with their needs.
The hardest part of job was traveling on ice covered roads this past winter,which created longer working hours . Computer documention was lengthily.
The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting patients to remain in their home with knowledge of their disease , safety and awareness of their medications.
Good compensation, not so good patient load or job security
PRN Physical Therapist in Outpatient Setting (Current Employee), Evansville, INMarch 27, 2014
Love the home health flexibility, but very little security in patient load from week to week.
Think twice before working here!
worker (Former Employee), San AntonioMarch 27, 2014
Pros: working with nursing staff learned tons of medical terms.
Cons: see the review!
Director was a micro manager, constant changes to schedules, business fluctuated between not enough clinical staff to cover visits and not enough visits for staff. Management not consistent, worried about number of admissions even though not all patients being admitted were home health appropriate. Very long hours! And ridiculous amounts of staff turn over! Clinical management often "found" reasons to re-certify patients if census dropped too low. Work load for office staff and clinical staff is unrealistic. Clinical management is clueless and so over worked that they attempt to pass clinical information to non clinical staff to deliver to field clinicians.
hiring
RN (Former Employee), Memphis TNMarch 26, 2014
This is one of a growing number of companies which do not reply to your application......you apply...........then nothing.......at all. They only accept on-line applications and do not have the decency to reply. If they treat applicants like this .....how do they treat their employees. I am a former employee who left in good standing, and nothing .......no response. I will be creating a blog/website to list these companies and allow people to know where "not" to apply.
Great Environment - Always Changing
Director of Financial Operations (Former Employee), VariousMarch 25, 2014
Enjoyed working with the staff in the ever changing Healthcare Industry.
Great Place to Work
Payroll Manager/Trainer (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LouisianaMarch 21, 2014
Great place to work, Very nice people, great benefits, very flexible
work
Certified Nursing Assistant/Hospice Aide (Former Employee), Sunset Beach, NCMarch 20, 2014
great location great coworkers, great patient. I loved it there
Awesome place to work, best group of nurses and therapists
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee), TennesseeMarch 14, 2014
I love my job and the people I work with. The hardest part of my job is losing patients.
Awesome place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Ringgold, GAMarch 13, 2014
I love working at Amedisys.
I am the support person for four vice presidents who all work remotely, so the majority of my contact is via e-mail.
I think a lot of truly kind, devoted people work for this company.
Helping job and good co workers to work with
Certified Nurse's Aide (Former Employee), Muncie, INMarch 12, 2014
Pros: not being in the office but on the road
Cons: having to watch as a person you care for dying
My daily gob was to care for the ill and elderly when they were in need to make it on a daily basses. My co workers were always there to give support when I was down during a bad case or just needed to talk. The hardest part was to watch the ones get worse and die. The best part was to help someone ill as they got better and to know I had something to do with them getting better.
analysis challenges and research experiences
Data analysis and administrative assistant (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 11, 2014
Gathering data with a state agency allowed me to interact with people of various rank in state government. I enjoyed the challenge of analyzing numbers for private and governmental clients. Forming spreadsheets with several columns of numbers to reach a conclusion regarding several areas of the petroleum industry.
Business Office Specialist
Business Office Specialist-Scheduler (Current Employee), Flowood, MSMarch 11, 2014
Pros: co-workers are great
Cons: unprofessional management
My job is to operate switchboard, schedule all disciplines ordered by the physician to see patients, file in patient charts, take report from all field staff twice a day, work daily reports, enter all data entry, work supplemental orders and send to physician for signature. The management at the job is very unprofessional as well as some of my co workers. The hardest part of my job is doing my job to the best of my ability while others are sitting there surfing the web or playing on their phone, yet complain when something isn't completed when they feel that it should be. I am one person doing all of the work, yet I am also the one with the lowest salary. I enjoy what I do, I enjoy forming relationships with the patients and staff but everyone should pitch in and do their part.
Great co-workers in the field
Therapist (Current Employee), Naperville, ILMarch 8, 2014
Pros: good orientation
Cons: don't pay what promised, poor office support staff
Office staff rude and unhelpful. Promise you a certain number of patients and then don't deliver. Can't make enough money to live on.

About Amedisys

Amedisys' philosophy, "Taking care of your loved ones as we would our own," has guided their growth into one of the – Read more