Amedisys Employee Reviews

Great job for workaholics
Nurse (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaNovember 15, 2015
The patients are great, but the expectations the company has of the nurses out in the field are unrealistic.

You have NO time to do all that is required of you in an 8 hour work day, so you work your butt off all day then come home to again work all night charting.

While your out seeing patients the office staff is bombarding your email with constant demands which you come home after a long day to address, adding to your work load that evening.

Managers in the office play games with field staff, will not provide proper managerial support to staff in the field and seem dishonest and manipulative. Director is more then aware of these issues but WILL NOT fix the problem. This drives away good nurses.

Absolutely no work-life balance. Your life revolves around your job even when you don't want it to. You need off, you will be given a very hard time and then you'll be told you have to find your own patient coverage --- something the Managers in the office are supposed to do. This happens if you get sick and have to stay home also.
Pros
Patient care
Cons
You have NO LIFE, just work
Don't Even Consider Working Here!
Home Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJanuary 31, 2016
Terrible Terrible Terrible Place to work. Administration smiles and makes empty promises of change and improvement...but NEVER delivers. RNs are overworked and the charting takes over your life. It feels like you are working 20 hrs a day. I remember charting until 2am and then having to be on the road starting my day at 8am. I became a shell of my former self. I worked for an AWESOME manager and my team was great....however that was not enough to make this job bearable. Several of our team mates have gone on to different jobs. HIGH turn over...can't keep staff. RUN FAST...RUN HARD...RUN FAR!!!!!
I love this job!
LPN, field nurse (Current Employee) –  TennesseeSeptember 23, 2016
I absolutely love this job! The only downfall is immaturity of our new management, I keep hoping it will improve with time.
Pros
Pay very well
poor office management
PTA (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVJanuary 16, 2016
My time at this location was brief secondary to poor office management that led me to feel the job security was poor. I felt like I was mislead in my interview compared to what was displayed during my employment there.
Management does not care about its employees or how hard they work they only care about financial gain
Care Transitions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, caJune 1, 2012
I was an employee of the company for over 5 years and enjoyed the people I directly worked with but when upper management starts to get involved they don't care about how hard you have worked. There mission statement is just a statement created to lure there potential clients to believe that they actually care about the outcomes for each patient but really all they care about is how much they profit. There motto is everyone is replaceable.
Pros
have good benefit plans
Cons
no annual pay raises, poor management of staff, management cuts costs to meet budget to recieve quarterly bonuses
Loved working for Amedisys. Had to leave due to my husbands job relocation
Business office Manager (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMay 19, 2016
This was a start up office in the Hattiesburg area, We were provided a wonderful working space, top notch equipment and top notch co-workers.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
I had to move
Love this company
Director of Operations RN (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJune 27, 2016
I love working with all the staff, patients and company. Great team work, morals and beliefs. I left for a few months and came right back.
Run away
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaApril 14, 2016
I gave it all one star because I couldn't give it zeros. Horrible, horrible awful management who was more concerned wth recruiting me to go to their church and forcing me to participate in their mandatory prayer circles every morning. Was told i could not transfer until put my children in church regularly. Beware!
great team atmosphere
case manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 21, 2016
a wide array of patients, good teamwork between different disciplines. good communication pertinent to patient needs. learned alot about planning total patients needs.
Pros
very good pay for load of patients.
Cons
some days of too much load and required work after normal hours.
Business Office Specialist
Business Office Specialist-Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSMarch 11, 2014
My job is to operate switchboard, schedule all disciplines ordered by the physician to see patients, file in patient charts, take report from all field staff twice a day, work daily reports, enter all data entry, work supplemental orders and send to physician for signature. The management at the job is very unprofessional as well as some of my co workers. The hardest part of my job is doing my job to the best of my ability while others are sitting there surfing the web or playing on their phone, yet complain when something isn't completed when they feel that it should be. I am one person doing all of the work, yet I am also the one with the lowest salary. I enjoy what I do, I enjoy forming relationships with the patients and staff but everyone should pitch in and do their part.
Pros
co-workers are great
Cons
unprofessional management
great experience with no work/life balance
RN Case Manger (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 7, 2016
great experience for first time home hospice, no work/life balance however and training/orientation not adequate for the job expected
Good pay and benefits
LPTA (Former Employee) –  VAJuly 26, 2015
Good pay and benefits but had to cover a large area to get my visit in to keep full time status. Excellent co-workers and good communication between each disipline.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Had to cover a large area
So much potential
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 29, 2016
Lots of turnover in management and staff can be very frustrating. Hopefully the present management and staff will stay put.Training is very haphazard, not much room for advancement.
Pros
Patient care
Cons
lots of turnover
Most caring and professional
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAMarch 14, 2016
This is the only home health agency which I have been employed and it was a pure pleasure. The level of professionalism is beyond repute providing both physical and spiritual support in clients' home to improve their ability to safely perform functional activities of daily living and improve overall health.
good place to work
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 26, 2016
What I most enjoy about my job is that the company is always coming up with ideas to stream line processes to make production faster and willing to listen to our ideas.
Pros
good working hours
Cons
healthcare
Challenging to move up
Software Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 5, 2016
I have worked with company for over 5 years and find that moving up is very hard and a huge difference in pay coming from Software Implementation team to another position in company.
Horrible workplace, no professionalism
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  AtlantaJuly 15, 2013
This is an awful company to work for. Please know if you are accustomed to courtesy, professionalism, confidentiality, etc this is not the place for you. The company prides itself on core values which are not followed by anyone. You will have representatives come in from corporate, only to belittle you, breech confidentiality and break all the rules. You co-workers will be just as unhappy, constantly complaining(valid complaints) and dragging down the moral in the workplace. Excellent patient care is not the goal, the goal is PROFIT! There is nothing enjoyable about the job other than a paycheck every two weeks. The hardest part of the job is not being properly trained and trying to ensure delivery of excellent patient care in the midst of chaos. There are few, if any opportunities for advancement. I have learned, when all hiring sites have bad reviews about a company such as Amedisys, run away as fast as you can.
Pros
a job, health benefits
Cons
no training, low moral, lack of professionalism
Huntsville Hospice Branch Terrible
RN (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35801April 27, 2016
Poor management. Poor training and orientation. No responsible leadership. Don't waste time here. Managers have very little over seeing them and they do as they please as long numbers are okay. Terrible.
Pay per visit not working
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  OHApril 16, 2013
While it sounds good, pay per visit will leave you at times without a paycheck. The company through the managers are constantly placing pressure on case managers for productivity and will threatened them to take benefits (medical, vision, dental) away if productivity is not met. Of course, the obvious problem is nurses can't make visits that aren't there. Also, given the total amount of time spent with patients and then the documentation, the job ends up paying less than it should. Do yourself a favor and save the stress and the cars you will have to buy: work some place else.
Pros
working with patients in their homes
Cons
office politics, poor medical benefits, tons of miles (two cars in 3 years)
Run away ASAP
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJanuary 27, 2016
Worst job ever. Numbers driven. Have patients all over so you drive forever. Pay per visit. Terrible training. Will have no personal life spend every waking minute charting and not getting paid for it. Horrible managementcwith no support. High turnover rate. Run from this place. On call sucks.

2.7