Amedisys Employee Reviews

Big Company nationally, little brains locally.
RN Case Manager/ LPN Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAMarch 11, 2017
This was a company that the office culture really just ruined anything good about the job. For example when I was hired I was assured that m patients would be local, when i started working it was an average 15 mile to my nearest patient, I was averaging over 50 mile per day, when i questioned why it was explained that the areas near me were already covered by someone with seniority over me, and that I go where the company needs me to go, no a clinician friendly environment.
Pros
Flexible scheduel
Cons
Non-clinician friendly atmosphere
territory too large
Home Health Behavioral Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 9, 2017
I was told when I was hired that my territory would only include a certain area. Then I was sent to places very far out of my territory and they poorly compensated for gas!
Very strong company from top to bottom
Care Transition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYMarch 9, 2017
This company has home town feel with corporate backing that allows local care centers to perform at a high level. Also allows for smaller care centers to have cutting edge therapy and equipment
Pros
Corporate backing
very busy place
Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 5, 2017
Very busy office, stressful. Fast paced, requiring constant mental processing. Patient care with moderate to high acuity, patient load is excessive, long hours, short lunch breaks
Pros
good workmates
Cons
stressful, fast paced environment
Great Company GReat People
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLMarch 3, 2017
Excellent growing company with lots of potential.
United together we are strong and successful in helping people get better.
Excellent programs and Excellent Clinical Team to work with
It was a great companey to work for and all the employees are great
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 2, 2017
It was a great company to work for and all the employees are great. I only left due to a move out of state. I am currently working with a different branch of Amedisys in Louisiana the transfer was smooth and pain free.
Horrible expectations of nurses. Huge patient overload.
RN (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 28, 2017
As a part-time RN, I was given 8-11 patients per day in a 100-mile radius. These included admissions, recertifications, discharges or resumptions of care. We were to have our computer work for the visits turned in the same day. Full-time nurses sometimes had 15 patients assigned to them on one day. One day, one of the RNs had 19. It became comical. I spoke to my director, then went to her manager. It did no good. I then dropped down to PRN status and have hardly worked at all since because I can't stand the thoughts of the pressure. I am actively seeking another job. I have worked for 3 other home health companies in my career (d/t relocation) and this is by far the worst. Communication to nurses is horrible. No continuity of care. I could go on and on. I tried to correct issues, but the battle became too overwhelming. My salary was $40/visit for a regular visit, which sounds pretty good until you look at a 45 min trip one way to a patient's house, at least 45 min in the home, 30 min to next pt, then 30 min computer work. That's an average/regular visit. That only comes to $20/visit and I have been a nurse for 25 years??
Pros
The majority of the staff is friendly.
Cons
See above. Plus the salary quote below is not very accurate d/t being paid per diem.
Great office staff
PTA (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAFebruary 24, 2017
I absolutely loved working at this facility. The staff was very family like and always willing to work with employees around their schedule.
Fun atmosphere
Director of Mental Health Services (Former Employee) –  Clanton, ALFebruary 24, 2017
Fun atmosphere, flexible work scheduling. Requires a great deal of independence, motivation, and confidence. They have now changed computer systems and documentation is a lot better
Awesome company to work for with very loyal people.
Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 23, 2017
Busy environment at all times. Always respected by peers and management. I learned Medical Billing as well as Authorization/Verification for Medical Insurance concerning Home Health Care.
Pros
Company Lunches, Benefits
Cons
The hours
Horrible Corporation
Case Manger (Former Employee) –  Munster, IndianaFebruary 22, 2017
Avoid the Munster Indiana office- chaotic and the only concern is revenue. Frequent management turn over and getting supplies (catheters, dressing supplies, etc) is like pulling teeth. Pay per visit- wage works out to very little when you add in evening and weekends spent doing paperwork, taking phone calls, time spent traveling.
Pros
Nice patients
Cons
Nasty managment
Great company
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 15, 2017
This was a great company, with great benefits. The company took care of it's employee's . The company really showed they always cared about "family", because that is what we were.
Good working environment
Psychiatric Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALFebruary 14, 2017
Amedisys Home Health Company had a wonderful working environment with good employees and opportunities to advance your career.
Fast paced fun environemnt
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 13, 2017
This is a fast paced fun environment in a home health setting, I would recommend others to work with this company. Home health is rewarding as you get to know your patient in their home environment
it is a good place to work with ok benefits
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Moulton, ALFebruary 6, 2017
I would reapply for the right job with ok benefits and good work enviroment .My boss was great to work with and very helpful
Pros
good enviroment
Cons
driving
Manager (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaFebruary 6, 2017
I enjoyed working at Amedisys. The coworkers are great. Management changes frequently which is always frustrating. The upper management works hard and tries to be fair most of the time.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Frequent changes
company is forward looking
occupational (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXFebruary 4, 2017
Company is forward looking and generally aggressive in the community in terms of marketing services. It used Technology to its advantage
Co-workers helpful
RN (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAFebruary 4, 2017
I was hired into role that I never did from day one. The old bait and switch routine. Then on top of that all the branch supervisors left and along comes some big wigs having the nerve to write me up for occurrences the leaving administration did not do? Absolutely absurd. I can't recommend this place and let's not forget the tons and tons of charting.
Pros
Hardly anything worth mentioning
Cons
Over worked, Poor training, No Communication, Poor Management and a Revolving Door
For the most part it was a pleasant work environment although there was a very high turnover in management.
Business Office Specialist/Intake Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NC 28054February 3, 2017
Mostly pleasant place to work. At first the management staff was very nice and pleasant to work with. Within a few months, everything changed, unfortunately not to the better. Staff was frustrated due to lack of organization. It was hard to be there and do a good job when you don't have good management.
productive and fair
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALFebruary 3, 2017
I really enjoyed working for amedisys. It was a great company to work for but i was having to drive 125 miles a day so it was to much gas and to much wear and tear on my vehicle
Pros
great management
Cons
mileage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amedisys. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8