Amegy Bank of Texas

Amegy Bank of Texas Employer Reviews

very friendly and professional administration.
Lead Teller/Loan Officer (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXApril 24, 2014
Very friendly staff and clean environment. Management was very strict yet very encouraging. Co-workers were very good listeners and very good support system throughout employment.
Flexibility with work hours and great 6 weeks training.
Customer Service Banker (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 16, 2013
Pros: various job opportunities.
Cons: no cons to report.
Amegy Bank of Texas had a wide array of job opportunities available to move up in the company. The company has a long history of stability that can provide a dependable work environment for advancement. Amegy had numerous award programs when the employees would meet certain customer service quotas and production levels.
too much stress--horrible benefits
AR Operations Specialist Lead (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 16, 2013
Cons: everything
I don't know if it's just my department--but there is way too much stress. Zionsbancorp which is their parent company always goes for the cheapest route to do anything.
Customer Service
Customer Service/Bankcard/Online Banking (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 11, 2013
Pros: nice local management
Cons: worked downtown- traffic
Got hired during Zions Bank's takeover. It was utter madness and the downgraded to a primitive DAS system. I hope they have improved.
Great Entry Level Job
Teller II (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXJune 7, 2013
Pros: new skills for entry level person
Cons: luck of the draw on your branch.
For the most part it is a great starter job, you learn professional manners, and any number of clerical duties on top of financial knowledge gleaned during your tenure there. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unexpected cash flow, the easiest following basic procedure.
Atmosphere and people are great.
Commercial Real Estate Analyst (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXMay 13, 2013
Typical bank requirements but the difference is the management, coworkers and atmosphere. It is definitely a small company feel, you are not just a number, but an integral part of the organization.
Review
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 14, 2013
Pros: small company
Cons: salary
Company was team focused and believed in training the staff. The training received is always focused on the area of need for the individual.
sales driven enviroment and amazing team
Personal Banker (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 25, 2012
Pros: culture, customer service, team
Cons: healthcare, advancement opportunities
Typical work day started at 8:30 am. I worked with a fantastic team. On the job I learned to better serve people of the community by listening to their needs and concerns. From that I was then able to find the right product and solution for them based on the information the client provided for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping others – more... reach financial success or responsibility. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Executive Assistant/Accounts Payable (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 11, 2012
Pros: manager not micro managing
Direct Support to the VP/Manager of survey department, travel arrangements, calendar, appointments, email, clients-customer service, event coordinator and planner, special projects, charitable contributions coordinator.

Coordinated and set up all seminars, off-site managers meetings, excellent negotiating skills (contracts, hotels, meeting venues, – more... catering events, etc.), frontline representative of the organization, screeing phone calls for VP, fielding inquires and directing requests for information to the proper channels.

Manage third party vendors, reduced percent of delinquent accounts payable by 90%. Expense Reports, Order and maintain a fully organized inventory of office supplies and products to maximize sales staff efforts while continually coming in under budget. Responsible for payment of invoices. Responsible for keeping employee vacation and sick leave time (and tracking it).

Contribute to the team effort through a personal philosophy of "no job is too small" by offering assistance where needed, accomplishing any number of tasks well outside the traditional scope of assigned job responsibilities. – less
Great Summer Internship
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: great learning experiences and i worked with an awesome team of individuals
Cons: i wish i could have worked more hours in order to learn more.
I helped build and manage a new internal, referral rewards program. I learned many new office skills and how to work and learn from upper management. The hardest part of the job was typing up all the new manuals and maintaining intensive excel sheets. The most enjoyable part was being able to learn from an amazing group of professionals.
Nice working enviroment
Lead Teller (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 18, 2012
Good co workers!
Management got better when we got a new branch manager
loved the job, not to hard
joking around with customers and co workers was the best!
alot of check cashing
slow system
Great and stable place to work.
Credit Investigator (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 23, 2012
Pros: management, coworkers, assignments
Cons: n/a
On a normal day, I begin with processing credit report requests in my work queue, and checking email for any special requests or background checks. In the time I have been at Amegy, I have learned a great deal about credit reports, the processes involved with preliminary checks for loan applicants. Additionally, I have been exposed to getting insight – more... on the procedures a bank takes to collect on charge-offs and failures to pay on loans. I have amazing coworkers and an amazing boss. While there is nothing to list as being hard for this job, the enjoyable part of the job is simply being able to work in an enviroment free of job-related drama and disgruntled co-workers. – less
Not a good place to work
Associate Personal Banker (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 6, 2012
Pros: good accounts and service
Cons: worst management and hr
Been an employee for 1 year and never seen a worst employer. Yes they will let you meet the CEO on your orientation day, which lots of company does not, but maybe you will think that WOW!! it's different, but really not. I do not have any complains about their products, I do believe they have the best accounts to feed your needs. My complain is about – more... the managements. HR is not helpful and branch management are the worst. They do not stay behind their employees nor help them with any matter. Very well trained about writing employees up and sometimes yelling at you behind close doors. So if you are one of those people who love money than your dignity, Welcome to Amegy Bank. – less