Amegy Bank of Texas Employee Reviews in United States

good start out company if your are fresh out of school
Teller III (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 29, 2016
There are always ways to train or get trained but as far as when you are able to use the training, in the entry level positions, you may have a ways to go and a while to wait.
great bank
Banking Center Manger (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2016
Amegy Bank is a great bank to work for. They were very fair and you could advance as fast as you wanted. Amegy Bank gave you all the help and support you needed.
No one is perfect, we do our best everyday.
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJanuary 14, 2016
I wish we can have more flexibility, especially families with young kids, bring back the nine month position when the kids are out of school for the summer the parents be there as well. It would save a lot money and have a better relationship their job. Let them enjoy life little pleasures.
Pros
Once a every quarter have lunch ordered for their hard work.
Cons
Brakes are important. Keep the circulation and energy level healthy.
Very nice entry level position.
Bank Teller III (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 2, 2015
The teller position at Amegy is a very good starting point. There is a great opportunity to be exposed to other departments where you can set goals to where you would like to move to next.
Productive and Caring Environment
Real Estate Services Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2015
Amegy Bank of Texas is a wonderful place to work. The company culture fosters motivation and encourages people to succeed. The management was supportive and it was easy to maintain a positive work / life balance.
Great local company to work for!
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 12, 2015
A great, laid back local bank with a small town feel but products that can compete with the major banks. There is room for improvement and the benefits are not that great.
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 28, 2015
A teller position at Amegy Bank is a great job for someone in college who wants to earn extra money for expenses. The schedules are flexible and management works with employees to meet their personal needs.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
NA
Great place to work!!
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Bacliff, TXSeptember 11, 2015
I loved working at Amegy Bank of Texas, I was there 18 months and it was great, I'm going to miss everyone there from the customer to my co-workers.
Growing regional bank with great leadership
Commercial Portfolio Manager II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX.August 12, 2015
I have done well at Amegy Bank of Texas and feel that management and leadership are great examples of business success and work life balance.
ok company to work for
Personal Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2015
small in houston but part of a big bankcorp. they are growing and are turning in to a very aggressive sales strategies and can be very stressful
Absolutely no diversity at the top...
Banker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2015
I've been working at Amegy for 2 years and I have seen little to ZERO progression for minorities. The health care offerings are very expensive so that means that no one can afford to get sick. Very high deductibles.

Poor work/life balance, many times you work 6 days a week. If you have a good manager it might be bearable, but some like to micro manage to cover their insufficiencies and inability to be good leaders.

Good luck.
Pros
easy commute
Cons
management has no leadership skills, yet they love to micromanage
Very good CFO and all Managers
Compliance Analyst/Underwriter (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TexasJune 16, 2015
I worked for Amegy Mortgage for 11 years in many positions. This was excellent working condition. Unfortunately the bank was taken over by a larger bank and many jobs were relocated out of Texas.
Pros
Care about employees
Cons
Overall a very pleasant work environment with positive people.
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TexasMay 21, 2015
A typical day at Amegy Bank of Texas was processing customer financial transactions. The branch management created an environment that made it very comfortable to ask for whatever was needed to meet the needs of every customer and in turn made it a very pleasant experience to conduct business at our branch.
I learned that when every employee makes it there priority to work together as a team and make every transaction a positive experience it is a win for the customer and employer.
Productive work place
Assistant Branch Manager/Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Louetta RoadMarch 23, 2015
A great place to work with intelligent financial minds. I will always remember my experience here and reflect on it with positive thoughts.
Good company to work for.
Senior Client Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasFebruary 25, 2015
A good company to work for. Friendly and client focused. The jobs at Amegy should be more specialized. An example of a specialized position would be Customer Service and Technical Support. At Amegy the positions are separate, but customer service is backup to Technical Support which is a very detailed and specialized job.
Pros
paid parking
Cons
need more updated equipment.
What I'm looking for:
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Good Afternoon,

I am looking to get into Operations/Administrative Position.

For a number of years now, I have worked in the banking industry. I started as a teller and worked my way up the highest teller position available which is lead teller. This is the position I currently hold. I am responsible for supervision of reports, end of month audits and overseeing branch banking operations. Although I like my position very much, I find that I am at the highest rung of the ladder in my field. There are very few, if any, operation positions available in our bank for me to progress in my career.

I am very detail oriented, as I keep the Operations of the branch orderly. I work with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Proactive and fast paced environment
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2015
Amegy Bank is a great place with good values, a solid bank. Great ways for coaching, training both in person and online. The day varies from assisting different areas within the department and clients personally, via phone and email.
Pros
location is great.
Cons
observes all federal holidays.
Working
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2015
*once upon a time in a land far far away
* there lived a king
* and then there was a queen
heavy sales enviroment
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2015
heavy sales environment, strong customer service needs, good sales support training, excellent customer service experience for customers. Full service bank, competitive fees for services. Good back office support, consumer loan department in Utah, causes some delays in processing customer requests.
Medium size work place great employee's to work with.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2014
Fast pace work place and great clients/customers who cares about there bankers. Fun place to work with great co-workers
Benefits (health insurance) are honorable with large deductibles.
Management doesn't allow every employee (minority) to advance within work place (only selective few). Hard to advance within.
Pour security protection for employees.
Pay raises are small hardly any compensation for hard working and dedicated employees.
Great vacation benefits even for part-timers.
Enjoy end of year Christmas dinner with other employees with great gifts.