Amegy Bank of Texas Employee Reviews

poor benefits
Teller III (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 19, 2017
Could be very slow paced work environment compared to other bigger banks. Sales goals are achievable as an individual. Even though you wouldn't get your bonus unless your branch met goal. Benefits could be way better. Needs to offer actual dental insurance and not a reimbursement plan.
A good place to work and good people
Teller/Vault/Head Teller and Credit Investigator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 12, 2017
I had a cup of coffee and then get to work right away. I would get my desk ready for doing my credit work, audit confirmations, and verifications of deposits, closed accounts and see how many letters that I need to get out. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with the audit confirmations at tax time. When other people look up the information I have to sign them so I have to look them up again to make sure they are right.

When I was at the Woodlands office, I had to get my teller station ready make sure I had enough money if anyone had to cash checks. Be ready when the cash order comes in. Teller audits when I was going to do them. Cash orders from the tellers etc.
Pros
Coming to work to do the job I love and the nice people to work with
Cons
Tax time is stressful for me and others
Productive place to work and grow within the company
Teller II - III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2017
Amegy is a productive place to work in. I had the opportunity to grow and learn many things within the company. I enjoyed working with people and the management taking the time to show their workers on how to be successful.
Wonderful environment
Teller II (Current Employee) –  Needville, TXOctober 17, 2017
Amegy Bank in Needville is a great place to work with amazing coworkers and a small town feel that is hard to beat. The customers are friendly as well as the employees.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Limited hours
Relax and fun, we work very well togerthe Great,
Personal Banker II (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXOctober 5, 2017
Good company yo work for, compassionate, always ready to promote when the employee is ready. If you are looking for a small company this is the company. This company provide all products and as a larger company has to offer.
Good bank to work at with many facilities to transfer to.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 17, 2017
I worked at this bank for 6 years it was a great place to work while I was in school getting my degree. I got a lot of customer service experience from here.
great company
Teller III (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXAugust 1, 2017
it has its ups and downs. can be too stressful if you do not meet required goals. very fast paced environment. employees are very friendly. management is ok.
Good work environment, no upward movement
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXJune 19, 2017
Appreciate the work environment but not enough advancement oppurtunity. You can tell the the employer cares about giving you a normalicy and a good worklife balance.
Good Company
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2017
Good company. Good advancement opportunities. Small enough to really get to know the upper management team but large enough to offer a good career with growth.
Amegy Bank
Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 7, 2017
I have been with Amegy Bank for over 8 yrs., I do love the company and I love the people that I work with. My husband and I are relocating to Huntsville Texas. As much as I would love to stay with the company they do not offer anything in the area I will be relocating. I really wanted to stay on. It would mean I would have to travel over an hour to work and it would not be practical for me at this time to work so far from home. All the experience I have in Banking is transferable knowledge in that all I would have to do is learn new machinery or soft wear concerning the job I am hired for. I am a quick learner and love a new challenge.
Pros
Offer great hours, overtime sometimes and helpful supervisors
Cons
Not having a banking certer close to where i will be locating.
Great Entry Level Job
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 6, 2017
Amegy was a great company to work for especially if you're younger and trying to get experience working in the real world. It teaches you great customer service.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
low pay
Good place to work, no room to grow
Teller III (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2017
After multiply talks with my management and pursing higher positions, nothing has ever worked out, and I've been here almost 3 years...................................
Pros
Positive play, great customers
Very welcoming and productive environment
Lead Teller/Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXApril 24, 2017
Amegy Bank was always a pleasure to work for and always made me feel welcomed and calm. The manager and other employees were always nice and courteous
Great Work Place
Retail Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Houston Heights, TXApril 12, 2017
Great Work Place. Great company to work for. They can do better with healthcare. Everyone respect each other very professional . i enjoyed my time here .
Work
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, TXFebruary 11, 2017
I was always on time they let me know that they noticed. I always worked with coworkers about vacation schedule and was told I was appreciated for this.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Hard to take breaks
Best Place to work and learn
Associate Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 8, 2017
Have the best managers, regional managers, CEO, Team members is an amazing experience been working with Amegy bank of Texas, wish i came to work here before its been an amazing experience how customer service and professionalism are at the top of priorities
Pros
Amazing Culture of customer service
Great Stable job
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 13, 2016
Great job, much more relaxed from the big banks. but the benefits suck...except for the 401K which is amazing.
There is no communication from operations, so pretty much you are doing your job with your eyes blind folded.
Pros
Higher pay, relaxed environment, great 401K plan
Cons
Health benefits doesn't cover anything, ancient technology, no communication from operations.
Good community bank
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2016
Good bank. suffering some since Zions is starting to take over. Some things are slowly changing, merging policy/procedure, merging products and services.
Pros
good environment
Cons
healthcare
Great company to work for!
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2016
My experience at Amegy Bank has been beyond great! The company houses the greatest environment of co-workers and upper management. Everyone is steered towards improving themselves. Everyone is very friendly and give great customer service while always striving to be the best that they can be!
Good Compnay
Teller II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2016
Good company to work for, little slow on promotion. the company has a good training program and management will teach well.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
not many advancement opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amegy Bank of Texas. Our community is ready to answer.