Amegy Bank of Texas Employee Reviews

work place where there's no option of advancement
Cash Vault Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2016
Commercial vault was a stressful job with no option of becoming a supervisor or advance in your career. Any overtime make you have to find a way to get rid of it. Also management wont hear your ideas and always blames you for a mistake that has nothing to do with you, and makes anything not to pay you unemployment benefits after working for 10 years with them.
Pros
pay for any activity that has to do with the bank
Cons
Bad benefits insurance and 25 or 3 cents in wage increases.
Good Compnay
Teller II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2016
Good company to work for, little slow on promotion. the company has a good training program and management will teach well.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
not many advancement opportunities.
Best Place to work and learn
Associate Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 8, 2017
Have the best managers, regional managers, CEO, Team members is an amazing experience been working with Amegy bank of Texas, wish i came to work here before its been an amazing experience how customer service and professionalism are at the top of priorities
Pros
Amazing Culture of customer service
Cons
NONE
Great Stable job
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 13, 2016
Great job, much more relaxed from the big banks. but the benefits suck...except for the 401K which is amazing.
There is no communication from operations, so pretty much you are doing your job with your eyes blind folded.
Pros
Higher pay, relaxed environment, great 401K plan
Cons
Health benefits doesn't cover anything, ancient technology, no communication from operations.
Used to be more fun
Vice President, Operations (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2016
Since Zions took over, no more old culture... took a while to happen, but... it's over.

No training for commercial side unless your in sales

Overworked, typical 50 - 60 hours a week

Compensation is good

Layoffs every few years

Annual bonuses were cut this year

Enjoyable? Co-workers

Senior Executive Management is good, they know your name. Middle Management? Needs to be replaced.
Pros
Annual holiday party - during lunch time
Cons
healthcare - disaster coverage
Great Place to Work
Business Banking Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2016
Great management team. Good work-life balance. Management truly interested in employee growth and great opportunities for advancement.
Great company to work for!
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2016
My experience at Amegy Bank has been beyond great! The company houses the greatest environment of co-workers and upper management. Everyone is steered towards improving themselves. Everyone is very friendly and give great customer service while always striving to be the best that they can be!
ehh
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2016
Think twice and then think long and hard about accepting a "promotional opportunity". Should have said thank you, but not thank you on my response.

Typical day: wait for calls or emails as for more to do.
Pros
free bank account
Cons
micro managed, no growth opportunity.
Medium size work place great employee's to work with.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2014
Fast pace work place and great clients/customers who cares about there bankers. Fun place to work with great co-workers
Benefits (health insurance) are honorable with large deductibles.
Management doesn't allow every employee (minority) to advance within work place (only selective few). Hard to advance within.
Pour security protection for employees.
Pay raises are small hardly any compensation for hard working and dedicated employees.
Great vacation benefits even for part-timers.
Enjoy end of year Christmas dinner with other employees with great gifts.
Good community bank
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2016
Good bank. suffering some since Zions is starting to take over. Some things are slowly changing, merging policy/procedure, merging products and services.
Pros
good environment
Cons
healthcare
Productive and Caring Environment
Real Estate Services Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2015
Amegy Bank of Texas is a wonderful place to work. The company culture fosters motivation and encourages people to succeed. The management was supportive and it was easy to maintain a positive work / life balance.
Absolutely no diversity at the top...
Banker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2015
I've been working at Amegy for 2 years and I have seen little to ZERO progression for minorities. The health care offerings are very expensive so that means that no one can afford to get sick. Very high deductibles.

Poor work/life balance, many times you work 6 days a week. If you have a good manager it might be bearable, but some like to micro manage to cover their insufficiencies and inability to be good leaders.

Good luck.
Pros
easy commute
Cons
management has no leadership skills, yet they love to micromanage
sales driven enviroment and amazing team
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 25, 2012
Typical work day started at 8:30 am. I worked with a fantastic team. On the job I learned to better serve people of the community by listening to their needs and concerns. From that I was then able to find the right product and solution for them based on the information the client provided for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping others reach financial success or responsibility.
Pros
culture, customer service, team
Cons
healthcare, advancement opportunities
Growing regional bank with great leadership
Commercial Portfolio Manager II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX.August 12, 2015
I have done well at Amegy Bank of Texas and feel that management and leadership are great examples of business success and work life balance.
What I'm looking for:
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Good Afternoon,

I am looking to get into Operations/Administrative Position.

For a number of years now, I have worked in the banking industry. I started as a teller and worked my way up the highest teller position available which is lead teller. This is the position I currently hold. I am responsible for supervision of reports, end of month audits and overseeing branch banking operations. Although I like my position very much, I find that I am at the highest rung of the ladder in my field. There are very few, if any, operation positions available in our bank for me to progress in my career.

I am very detail oriented, as I keep the Operations of the branch orderly. I work with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Not a good place to work
Associate Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2012
Been an employee for 1 year and never seen a worst employer. Yes they will let you meet the CEO on your orientation day, which lots of company does not, but maybe you will think that WOW!! it's different, but really not. I do not have any complains about their products, I do believe they have the best accounts to feed your needs. My complain is about the managements. HR is not helpful and branch management are the worst. They do not stay behind their employees nor help them with any matter. Very well trained about writing employees up and sometimes yelling at you behind close doors. So if you are one of those people who love money than your dignity, Welcome to Amegy Bank.
Pros
good accounts and service
Cons
worst management and hr
Great and stable place to work.
Credit Investigator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2012
On a normal day, I begin with processing credit report requests in my work queue, and checking email for any special requests or background checks. In the time I have been at Amegy, I have learned a great deal about credit reports, the processes involved with preliminary checks for loan applicants. Additionally, I have been exposed to getting insight on the procedures a bank takes to collect on charge-offs and failures to pay on loans. I have amazing coworkers and an amazing boss. While there is nothing to list as being hard for this job, the enjoyable part of the job is simply being able to work in an enviroment free of job-related drama and disgruntled co-workers.
Pros
management, coworkers, assignments
Cons
n/a
Overall a very pleasant work environment with positive people.
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TexasMay 21, 2015
A typical day at Amegy Bank of Texas was processing customer financial transactions. The branch management created an environment that made it very comfortable to ask for whatever was needed to meet the needs of every customer and in turn made it a very pleasant experience to conduct business at our branch.
I learned that when every employee makes it there priority to work together as a team and make every transaction a positive experience it is a win for the customer and employer.
No one is perfect, we do our best everyday.
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJanuary 14, 2016
I wish we can have more flexibility, especially families with young kids, bring back the nine month position when the kids are out of school for the summer the parents be there as well. It would save a lot money and have a better relationship their job. Let them enjoy life little pleasures.
Pros
Once a every quarter have lunch ordered for their hard work.
Cons
Brakes are important. Keep the circulation and energy level healthy.
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 28, 2015
A teller position at Amegy Bank is a great job for someone in college who wants to earn extra money for expenses. The schedules are flexible and management works with employees to meet their personal needs.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
NA

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amegy Bank of Texas. Our community is ready to answer.