Amegy Bank Employee Reviews in United States

supportive management
Sr. Weblogic Admin/Middleware Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2016
we are having very good supportive management had very friendly employee. to complete giving task in easy manner a typical day to work some times and weekdays
Very Productive and Friendly atmosphere
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2016
I have had a wonderful experience with Amegy Bank. The management is always geared towards improving your performance by setting daily, weekly, and quarterly goals. Everyone is very friendly and give great customer service while always striving to improve our numbers.
amazing atmosphere
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2015
i loved the job it was amazign to help people with college information.I also dealt with students and faculty on scholarship information.
Fast-paced working environment
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasOctober 8, 2015
I would come in and help customers with all teller transactions. I would also balance my drawer to make sure all transactions were done correctly and promptly.
Pros
Development of my organizing and communication skills
Amegy Bank
Assistant Branch Manager II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2015
Amegy Bank is a small bank with a hometown feel. My typical day includes morning reports, assisting customers, coaching and development of employees in the Area. Vault and drawer balancing, branch closing.
Lots of restructuring
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2015
The work/life balance is great. Within different departments if you do not have to interface with customers, your Manager allows you to have a flexible schedule--whether you want to come in earlier or later and leave early or stay late. There isn't any overtime. The compensation is pretty good, but the benefits are not so great. You're pretty much paying for everything and the copays are extremely high. If possible, use your spouses insurance. The 401k is really horrible. The company isn't doing that great, so of course in return you don't get much for your 401k. They match the first 3% @ 100% and then match the next 2% @ 50%. Job security isn't there due to a lot of changes through the Bancorp. They are moving people around and laying others off. Most of Management has been there since the bank opened and have advanced due to the time they have put in versus actually knowing how to get the job done. The culture of the job is to get your work done, no micromanaging, and go home.
Pros
Cons
Insurance, 401K
Okay
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 31, 2015
If you are a career banker, this company is pretty good. If you are not, then you should probably look elsewhere. That's how all banks are though. As long as you are comfortable with sales, you should be fine. I am not a sales person, so I had to make connections in order to get positions behind the scenes. Luckily, I was able to do that! I had one not so great manager who was racists and fairly incompetent, but that's it. Overall, it was an okay place to work.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
sales
Teller (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJune 19, 2015
I would come in and help customer with all teller transactions. I would also balance my drawer to make sure all transactions were done correctly
Productive & friendly financial environment with a variety of customers
Teller II (Current Employee) –  Dickinson, TXJune 10, 2015
Amegy bank is a great place to work and on a daily basis I help known and unknown customers with financial transactions. I also assist with any fraudulent and identity based issues while exuding supreme customer service.
Pros
Customers, Job Security, Friendly Environment
Cons
Being Short Staffed, Hours
Only a Temp Assignment
Temp Assignment (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 15, 2015
I didn't work at this company long enough to really give a full review. It was in a great location, the people I did encounter I can say held a very positive atmosphere.
Very Flexible
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXApril 11, 2015
Its a overall good company,the healthcare benefits could be better but no issues here. They have a very good appreciation for their employees and they are willing to work around you personal life schedule.
Simple
Lockbox Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Amegy Bank Lockbox services is an easy going, laid back environment with great people. Job functions on a daily basis are to the point and not very complex, yet very involved.
Family owned
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2015
This was a great environment, friendly and fun place to work. Open communication with staff and vendors. Small company
Great bank to work for
Teller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2015
I had an amazing time working for Amegy. I even showed up the day after hurricane Ike to help my customers. Management was especially helpful.
diversified
Part Time Teller III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2015
excellent benefits, work life balance, flexible. promoted from within, excellent training staff
Pros
flexible
Cons
worked part time
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  League City, TXJanuary 19, 2015
The greatest place to work and expand your career. Management is always there to help even upper management listens
This bank pays the best.
Teller (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 29, 2014
Working at Amegy can be a great place to work, depending on which branch you work for. What keeps me with the customers and my coworkers we really become like family.
Teller 11
Teller 111 (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2014
• Achieve established standards for branch loan, deposit, and client growth goals
Focus on retaining and strengthening relationships with clients and achieves client satisfaction objectives
• Develops daily and weekly sales prospects and follows up with client’s prospects to meet sales goals Satisfy and exceed clients' financial needs and expectations
• Contribute to a positive team environment
• Open all types of personal and business accounts and prepare related documentation
• Assist clients with requests, complaints, research complex account problems and follow-up on details to resolve matters to the client’s satisfaction
• Ability to communicate clearly with internal and external vendors
• Exhibits ownership of operational schedule and advanced in Microsoft Windows ME, XP, Office,
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great Job Security
Business Banker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 21, 2014
Such a stressful day, because you are answering to so many different bosses...and each one wants to be the focus of your day.
Friendly outgoing environment
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Pasadena TxSeptember 22, 2014
Amegy Bannk was a great place to work at. Management was very understanding and comprehensive. Great working team