Amegy Bank Employee Reviews

horrible place to work
Junior Underwriter (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 24, 2017
horrible place to work and racist company . Do not believe in acknowledging black people for all the hardwork and management is not educated at ALL! g
Good Company
Teller III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Overall its a good company to work for if you are going to school. The management is good, you will have those managers who don't know absolutely nothing and others that are there to help.
good place to work
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2017
learnt new technologies good management skills good place to work
free moving people always helping really a nice place to work
Great working environment, with a sense of teamwork, loved working there.
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2017
Completed (NEO) binders and worked on holiday calendar for the upcoming year I also participated in researching high-risk illnesses in the U.S. to assist with the company’s wellness program for employees and assisted with other clerical projects on as-needed basis.
I worked as a Associate Personal Banker
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 12, 2017
I worked as an Associate Personal Banker. My immediate Supervisor was not very supportive. I believe the company is okay, if I had better management.
Good Company to work for.
Accounting Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 21, 2016
Great company to work for with good starting salary and lay back environment. Good training and easy access to resources and managers are always friendly and willing to help.
Enjoyable
Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXDecember 12, 2016
I worked drive thru. It was a little out of touch with the main office. I was working with a smaller company and advancement was hard. I really like the company.
fun place to work
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXNovember 10, 2016
helping customer through out their transaction (deposit, withdrawal, making payment, etc..) very understandable manager.
Amegy Bank is the 'A' bank and the best place to work.
Administrative Assistant/HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2016
As an Administrative Assistant/Receptionist in the HR department. I wore many hats. I provided customer service for the entire bank. All internal and external customers were routed to me. Calls included benefit questions, tuition reimbursement information, payroll questions, employment verifications, recruiting questions just to name a few. I supported the HR recruiters which included pulling resumes, pre-screening candidates, pulled up all information needed in Taleo and scheduled and confirmed interviews. I also maintained the HR Managers 'calendars which included setting up meetings and travel.

While at Amegy I successfully met customers needs with a tactful and compassionate attitude and always took ownership of their issue to completion with confidence. My number one priority was providing the best customer service possible.

Our HR department had great managers that never hesitated to assist their employees when needed.

Being a team player played a big part in meeting our goals and the bank goals. We had a great team that worked very well together.

While working at Amegy there wasn't anything hard about the job, but every day there was something new to learn. We were provided with excellent training when needed.

The most enjoyable part of my job was coming to work every day and working with the best HR team ever.
Requires Mandatory Arbitration
Mainframe Systems Programmer (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 3, 2016
Completed about 90% of the application process only to find that there is a mandatory arbitration clause. That tells me that this is not a trustworthy company to work for and that they will abuse you with no recourse.
Pros
None at this time
Cons
Mandatory arbitration
Great place
Credit Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 9, 2016
Fun office. Great people. Lot to learn. Very smart co-workers. Room for growth. Growing company. Parent company is one of the best.
supportive management
Sr. Weblogic Admin/Middleware Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2016
we are having very good supportive management had very friendly employee. to complete giving task in easy manner a typical day to work some times and weekdays
Cash Management Dream
Treasury Management Sales Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2016
This was probably the best position I've ever held. I really enjoyed learning about how the different businesses operate and how to best fit their needs to our products.
Very Productive and Friendly atmosphere
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2016
I have had a wonderful experience with Amegy Bank. The management is always geared towards improving your performance by setting daily, weekly, and quarterly goals. Everyone is very friendly and give great customer service while always striving to improve our numbers.
amazing atmosphere
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2015
i loved the job it was amazign to help people with college information.I also dealt with students and faculty on scholarship information.
Fast-paced working environment
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasOctober 8, 2015
I would come in and help customers with all teller transactions. I would also balance my drawer to make sure all transactions were done correctly and promptly.
Pros
Development of my organizing and communication skills
Amegy Bank
Assistant Branch Manager II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2015
Amegy Bank is a small bank with a hometown feel. My typical day includes morning reports, assisting customers, coaching and development of employees in the Area. Vault and drawer balancing, branch closing.
Lots of restructuring
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2015
The work/life balance is great. Within different departments if you do not have to interface with customers, your Manager allows you to have a flexible schedule--whether you want to come in earlier or later and leave early or stay late. There isn't any overtime. The compensation is pretty good, but the benefits are not so great. You're pretty much paying for everything and the copays are extremely high. If possible, use your spouses insurance. The 401k is really horrible. The company isn't doing that great, so of course in return you don't get much for your 401k. They match the first 3% @ 100% and then match the next 2% @ 50%. Job security isn't there due to a lot of changes through the Bancorp. They are moving people around and laying others off. Most of Management has been there since the bank opened and have advanced due to the time they have put in versus actually knowing how to get the job done. The culture of the job is to get your work done, no micromanaging, and go home.
Pros
Cons
Insurance, 401K
Okay
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 31, 2015
If you are a career banker, this company is pretty good. If you are not, then you should probably look elsewhere. That's how all banks are though. As long as you are comfortable with sales, you should be fine. I am not a sales person, so I had to make connections in order to get positions behind the scenes. Luckily, I was able to do that! I had one not so great manager who was racists and fairly incompetent, but that's it. Overall, it was an okay place to work.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
sales
n/a
Teller (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJune 19, 2015
I would come in and help customer with all teller transactions. I would also balance my drawer to make sure all transactions were done correctly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amegy Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

83%