Amegy Bank

Amegy Bank Employer Reviews

Slow paced job, with high maintenance clientelle
Lead Teller (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2014
Pros: very stable company
Cons: healthcare
It's a slow paced job, but at the same time you have to be very knowleadgable, sharp, and proffesional to work at this location. The reason why is because of the type of clientelle we get. We're by Park Cities area.
I get along with all my co-workes, I'm an easy person to get along with.
Good Company to work for
Call Center Rep (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 20, 2014
Pros: ability to talk to management, monthly bonus, sick and vacation time, stability
Cons: benefits, work/life balance, shift bidding
Customer service rep in the call center. Enjoyed the co workers and company very much. Hated the shift bid every quarter. Didn't have a good work/life balance. Management was great in every aspect. The job was quite a bit stressful, well my specific dept was. The benefits or lack there of were horrible. Overall was a great company to work for and would – more... definitely recommend. – less
Easy day
#2 Teller Retail Banker (Part-time) (Former Employee), Conroe, TXFebruary 6, 2014
I enjoyed working with others, and being able to help them better understand their finances!
Not a very pleasant place unless you're in mgmt.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), St. Ann CoourtJanuary 20, 2014
Enter calls into bank system from sales person's calendars and check for customer overdrafts, answer telephones directing calls as needed daily. Compile, prepare and submit expenses for EVP, SVP, VP, AVP and sales person's via their calendars, make travel arrangements for EVP, SVP, VP, AVP and all staff members, prepare presentations for prospective – more... customers via company system, approve time weekly for department including officers, keep track of meetings and provide scheduling for EVP & SVP. plan and oversee all offsite events for clients, prospects and employees. The hardest part of my job is trying to complete everything without the required infomation. No one seems to understand that. I enjoy the daily duties I perform. – less
Great Place to Work
Teller II (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2014
loved the banking industry was a very professional environment to work in were I got to assist customers with there daily deposit and withdrawal needs as well as opening new accounts for customers
Not so Great Place
Bank Teller/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2014
Long Hours and Not enough pay. Too many mandatory goals to meet!
amegy
Teller 2 (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 5, 2013
I worked as a teller and learned a lot from them. I enjoyed the fact that i just didnt do teller work and helped management , and personal bankers. Some days we had a lot customers others we did not. The hardest part at first was trying sale different products to our customers. But, then it got easier as I learned how to achieve my goals.
Learned a lot.
Teller 1 (Former Employee), Baytown, TXOctober 5, 2013
Pros: loved the hour lunches.
Cons: not a lot of oppurtunity for growth. the company downsized.
Being unfamiliar with the banking industry, this job taught me a lot as far as banking regulations. I worked with a great team. They were fair and respectable.
Productive and great place to work for
Treasury Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 16, 2013
Pros: great hours and wonderful management team
Basic Banking Principles and Treasury Management Products and Services is a great learning tool to utilize in the workplace.
Stressful
Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 15, 2013
Stressful work environment. Unorganized. Poor management.
Item Processing Specialist Team Lead IV (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 3, 2013
Good place to work. Duties include heavy cash handling, 10 key calculator, advance computer skills processing and dispatching deposits accepted through Amegy Bank’s lockbox processing system while providing customers with backup documentation and reports as requested. Other duties include: guaranteeing checks, input fedex bills, adding and inputting – more... listing totals, corresponding with bank personnel on various lockbox items and procedural matters, tracking and monitoring reports, notify support areas of problems or issues which could cause delays in items being dispatched, train and assist lower level employees, and perform other duties as assigned. – less
Friendly and flexible work place offering opportunities to enhance skill and expertise needed for career advancement.
Business Performance Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2013
Pros: paid parking, flexible working hours
Cons: compensation & benefits - health insurance
Attained good working knowledge about Performance Reporting and was given the opportunity to lead data management projects.

Achieved advanced working experience in various Banking systems / database applications.

Great exposure and visbility working with different levels of Management and Business Units.

Oppotunity to work with Co workers with strong – more... personalities and extensive experience servicing customers requiring diverse banking and investment needs.

Hardest part of the job was a creating a work/ life balance.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having the flexiblity to manage process with minimal oversight and supervision. – less
Overall a good place to work
Personal Banker II (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 27, 2013
Company had a good training program. Limited opportunities for advancement. Typical day consisted of opening and closing accounts and handling customer issues.
Growing company with a fierce sales campaign.
Personal Banker - MLO (Former Employee), Addison, TXJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: sales training
Cons: healthcare
Changing and growing sales culture.

Cross training provided.
The company's culture is all about service to the customer
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2013
Amegy is a great bank to work for, but compensation could be on the low side depending on the area that you work for. Some managers do not value increasing the knowledge and skills of their employees, so advancement could be tough.
Flexable
Teller I, II, III (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 19, 2012
 Helped Opened/Closed the bank
 Promote bank products and services based on member’s needs
 Floated to different locations
 Conduct cash transactions, including deposits and withdrawals
 Answer customers questions and explain available services such as deposit accounts and account transactions
 Fully knowledgeable and skilled in the areas of teller, – more... basic branch operations
 Customer service in- person and via telephone
 Open new accounts and service existing accounts
 Conduct new member interviews regarding bank services and programs
 Receive loan payments and/or loan payoff – less
LOVE THE COMPANY...
AOS Deposit Risk Management (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2012
WISH THEY WOULD HAVE KEPT ME, YET THEY HAVE GREAT WORK ETHIC AND WILLING TO KEEP THE BUSINESS AFLOATL.
Average Company to Work For...I've Been at Worse
Decline (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 4, 2012
Pros: company perks/discounts
Cons: insurance benefits
I havent been in my position for 90 days yet but I'm already searching for new employment. The company is average however I think I landed in a wrong dept. Perhaps I would enjoy it here more else where within the company, however I dont plan to stick around long enough to find out.
Nice Place to work
Teller II (Current Employee), Houston TexasJuly 31, 2012
great management, terrible computer programs, i learned a lot, the culture is very nice an encouraging
Good Company but felt like management needed a change.
Treasury Management Operations Specialist III (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 18, 2012
Typical day started with reading emials and organizing my day to be efficient. Different times of the day were busier then others but overall the work environment could be calm to chaotic.

About Amegy Bank

Multibank holding company Zions Bancorporation operates eight bank subsidiaries with some 485 branches in 10 western and southwestern – Read more