Amegy Bank Employee Reviews

Amegy
Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 13, 2017
I only worked here as an events coordinator. I was the executive offices errand boy basically, so my job was not very difficult or complicated. They did reimburse me for going to school, 85% of tuition if I averaged a B or higher.
Good Bank
Branch Manager - Vice President (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2017
Goo place to work. Goals and objectives are clearly defined. Management took pride in being a local bank and are always willing to support in any way possible.
Pros
Good salary and support
Cons
Benefits are poor
HR is Pathetic and Management is a group of IDIOTS!
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2017
I should have walked away from this opportunity. Everything during the interview process with Metta Driscoll was horrible! Then dealing with Rebecca Robinson. What a joke of a manager. Inept and with a poor attitude. Wow.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Everything Else
The Management is Terrible to work for
Enterprise Commercial Loan Specialist IV (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2017
I've been with Amegy Bank for almost 2 years and the moral and work environment is terrible to due the managers. The managers are incompetent and rude.
Pros
Location, Free Parking, Mid Shift, Paid Holidays
Cons
Lack of training, poor management styles, incompetent HR Reps, lack of Accountability from Management
nice bank to work with but bad management at location
Lead Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2017
I do not want to participate. I am not interested in working for Amegy anymore. Looking for a different bank. Amegy Bank is a nice bank. Lots of good customer service and friendly greeting to customers. CEO is a great person and contributed to great success to Amegy's success. I worked with the CEO when the bank was started and it has grown tremendously. The bank has a friendly neighborhood bank feeling which many older customers enjoy. The bank still has some of the old type of banking procedures.
Loan Doc. Quality Control Analyst 1, Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston,TexasAugust 26, 2017
A typical day at work is busy but it is rewarding. The people that I work with are helpful and friendly. I enjoy the working with my team. Have great management.
Pros
free parking
Cons
healthcare
fun place
Teller III (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 12, 2017
I enjoy working in this company. 6 branches in the DFW area. You get to know almost everyone including customers that you see almost everyday. Fun and calm environment.
Entry Level
LockBox Specialist IV (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2017
If your seeking employment after continued education for banking experience this the place to start...I would invest 3 if that. Management is horrible when it comes to handling issues. Gain experience and then bounce!!!
Terrible place of work
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 9, 2017
Only work here if you need a job. My advice come in the door with a timeframe to exit this madness. Don't expect promotions they don't happen. Everybody that has or still works there has a similar story of no promotions and bad management.
Pros
easy job
Cons
management, work life, promotion, salary
Fun and easy work place
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXAugust 2, 2017
Typical day at work was easy due to the bank being so new to the area making low traffic. The management was very close and approachable. The culture was very diverse and accepting.
Pros
enjoyable team mates
Cons
New center, low custome traffic
Productive and fun
Teller III (Current Employee) –  League City, TXJuly 19, 2017
We have our slow days but most of the customers are very pleasant. My coworkers pick on each other and laugh and help each other out. The managers are very helpful
Micromanagement
Loan Administration Specialist (Former Employee) –  1801 MainJuly 4, 2017
They promoted a wrong people to be managers.
They always be watching what you do, too much of favoritism, they talk very rude, and treat you like a little kid.
Pros
Cons
Bad benefits, stressful atmosphere
Fun family oriented atomosphere, laid back not micromanaged
AR Operations Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 21, 2017
Typical day starts with getting the clients into the system, processing their schedule and fund their account in a timely manner. Every schedule must be processed for the day, then we started on the next business day work to keep up with the demand of factoring invoices.
I learned a lot working at the bank, everything is fast paced because you have to balance at the end of the day. Must be organized to keep up with the demand of day to day processes. Management is not where it needs to be, in being considerate of hard working employees. The hardest part of the job was getting what you needed from your fellow co-worker because of the process. The most enjoyable part is everybody working together for the common goal and that was getting schedules processed and funded in a timely manner.
Pros
flexibilty, holidays off
Cons
Healthcare in not good at all; you pay everthing upfront insurance paid nothing.
Productive and comfortable place work with ping pong table/arcade games
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2017
The company offers a program for college grads seeking a career in banking which defines a definite career path, as well as a mentoring program. Outside of that... you will definitely have to take your professional development into your own hands, and with persistence. Most managers do not take the time to develop their employees to a higher career path. If you are fortunate enough to have a manager promote you and your efforts in your career development, consider a rare event.

Thanks to candid efforts of a former employee, the company now strongly promotes Diversity and Inclusion within the organization - but from my seat, they are a long way from a feeling of complete inclusion amongst all of the employees. I've been with the company for over 10 years and at times I do feel like an outsider, being left off of communications and unaware of changes within my own unit.

If you are housed in their new Headquarters located in the Galleria area, the building accommodates many spaces to rest, recreation and even dine on an elevated balcony. As far as a work-life balance, there are options as far as working from home, but this is MOSTLY up to your manager and the business unit, in which you work.

Statistically, this bank does exceptionally well in their productivity and is very competitive in their market. Their customer retention is amazing. If you are a customer-service oriented person, this is definitely the place for you!

Job salaries are also competitive in comparison to similar job titles - however again depending on the support of your manager, you may not expect
  more... to see significant salary increases based solely on your merit, and value that you have contributed.

There are countless opportunities to be a part of the community and volunteer! This bank partners with some of the largest organizations and you are able to volunteer for many events throughout the year. They also offer bonuses and incentive plans for many of the revenue generating business units.

Most employees here are good-nature people and sincerely like being a part of the organization. The executive leaders are very personable and actually know a high percentage of "who" the employees are, which is commendable.
Pros
Competitive salaries within the market, Most are pleasant managers, Amenities and perks for the employees
Cons
Typical healthcare coverage w/hi deductible, Not much support from mgrs for career development
n/a
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXFebruary 28, 2017
good management. good work culture, flexible schedule and has an open door policy. the most enjoyable part of the job is the family like structure between employees and management. the hardest part is working under pressure and multiple deadlines
horrible place to work
Junior Underwriter (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 24, 2017
horrible place to work and racist company . Do not believe in acknowledging black people for all the hardwork and management is not educated at ALL! g
Good Company
Teller III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Overall its a good company to work for if you are going to school. The management is good, you will have those managers who don't know absolutely nothing and others that are there to help.
good place to work
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2017
learnt new technologies good management skills good place to work
free moving people always helping really a nice place to work
Great working environment, with a sense of teamwork, loved working there.
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2017
Completed (NEO) binders and worked on holiday calendar for the upcoming year I also participated in researching high-risk illnesses in the U.S. to assist with the company’s wellness program for employees and assisted with other clerical projects on as-needed basis.
I worked as a Associate Personal Banker
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 12, 2017
I worked as an Associate Personal Banker. My immediate Supervisor was not very supportive. I believe the company is okay, if I had better management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amegy Bank. Our community is ready to answer.