Ameri-Force Employee Reviews in United States

horrible job
CORROSION PREVENTION SPEC (Former Employee) –  National City, CAFebruary 5, 2016
They work you like a dog with really low pay for what you do and with no benefits or perks to the job. your lucky if they even give you a day off once every month. they do not like to give raises ether and even if you try to call out once they threaten your job. even if you have been working 2 months straight
Pros
when i quit
Cons
everything
i enjoyedd my work crew
Cable puller/ Laborer/ Firewatch (Current Employee) –  Bremerton Naval Station, WAJanuary 27, 2016
A typical day at work was fun and exciting. I learned how to be a better team player. Management was run fairly well. My co-workers were fun to work around. The hardest part of the job was not knowing what our work schedule was. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my crew.
Pros
good work crew
Cons
short lunch
Good company for those who enjoy working with their hands
Clerk and Records Keeper (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 18, 2016
The company is good for those who enjoy working with their hands. But for a hundred dollars a day and spending about 2-3 hours in traffic a day (round trip) is not worth it. You miss a day due to appointments you miss out on a hundred. Granted you get weekends off, but the work load for my first 3 months there was very low, practically none existent. Going from having a heavy or daily workload to not having one was a hard adjustment.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Not enough office work for 100 a day
Energetic atmosphere/ safty and prospirity
Helper (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMay 22, 2015
Get the location of the job site. Look around and check for CP ticket, hot work chit, and any scaffolding inspection ticket if necessary making sure they all are up to date. Then that's when I would proceed to set up the work site with all the tools that will be needed to complete the task for the day. My co workers and I will take turns grinding /needle gunning when in a tight spot. Management would always enforce safety and make sure that the job is going smoothly. The hardest part of the job is not having enough materials as needed to complete the task. The most enjoyable part of the job is fixing the problem and seeing the before and after.
Pros
promotions
Cons
short breaks, health care
The three officers of the company will fire anyone to maintain their salaries.
Process Improvement Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 1, 2016
Be cautious they have been letting people go left and right over there. Some people who have been there for many years. The new president is a quack!
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJune 9, 2016
It was a very good place to work. The staff made me comfortable and helped me learn more tools that I still use today. My coworkers were very supportive and displayed a good work ethic.
Fire watch
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 24, 2016
Great company to work for. They always have a good attitude. depending on work related to weather. Their willing to work with you.
Fast paced environment
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 8, 2016
Ameri-Force is a home-grown company that's been able to be flexible as their market shifts and changes. Many of their workers have been employed with them for several years.
Great clean place to work.
Insulation Technician (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 17, 2015
Very great company to work for ,my experience with the staff and coworkers was nothing but pleasant .I would work for this company again .The only regrets I have is that the contract didn't last longer because I loved my job .
Pros
job was close to town.
Cons
had to pay for my own stay and other companies put their employees up in nearby hotels.
Great Work environment
Laborer/Helper (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJanuary 11, 2016
Good work. Not enough consist work. I have worked with this company for many years. I have worked and completed many assignments.. need something more permnit.
strictly work
1st Class Welder (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAAugust 25, 2015
I got along with everybody at my job . The environment was similar to any shipyard. In the winter time really cold and in the summertime extremely hot.
Pros
Cons
no benefits
Its a good work place nice people
Welder (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJune 2, 2015
A typical day at work is okay, i learn something new everyday. The management is somewhat on top of things. The coworkers are good to work with and are easy to get along with. The hardest part of the day is when the boss man is breathing down my back. The most enjoyable part of the day is when i get the job done and make everyone happy.
busy constractor
Pipe welder (Current Employee) –  Carriere, MSNovember 2, 2015
they usually have pretty steady work although the staff usually doesn't have much of a clue about what there talking about.
Pros
per diem
Cons
short term work
A pleasurable company!
Welder (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 3, 2015
Ameri-Force was a very decent company to work for! They had good management, and was very thoughtful of their employees.
Pros
GOOD!
Cons
NONE
Chalenging and exciting engineering program for Armed Forces
Contractor- Production Integration and Test Lead (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 27, 2014
Contracted through AmeriForce (they also held/maintained my security clearance) to Northrop Grumman. Typical day started at 5:00am reviewing schedules, meetings to attend and lab activities. AmeriForce management were very hands-off. Because, as a contractor, I was immersed in the Northrop Grumman work site with Northrop Grumman engineers (many that I knew), the work-day was exciting and fulfilling. The greatest challenge of the work was keeping the customer (Air Force and Navy) customers informed and satisfied with progress. The best part of the work was the final verification and sell-off of a system to the customer.
Pros
close-knit engineering group.
Painter insulator
Brush and roll Painter and lagger (Current Employee) –  nORFOLK VAAugust 3, 2015
pAINTED AND INSULATED US SUBMARINES AND AIRCRADFT CARRIERS
WAS A LAGGER COVERING PIPES BOTH CHILL WATER AND OTHER
Fun workplace
Meet a lot of people
Many opportunities for overtime
Nice schedule
Flexible shift
Typical work place, just not enough work available.
Insulator (Current Employee) –  Mobile ALApril 22, 2015
Good company to work for with good pay. They just dont have enough work in my field. All or most of their jobs are out of town.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Not enough work.
productive work place
Laborer/Insulation Worker (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VASeptember 1, 2014
only worked a couple of months for ameri-force
contracted job so you only get to work temporary job assignment
once the ships leaves the yard then you get laid off
learning process was very interesting
Pros
pay everyweek
Cons
temporary
Introduced to future of Naval shipbuilding
Electrician (!st class marine)@Austal Shipyard (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 14, 2013
Returned to the shipyards after 13 yrs I found all was different in the 21st century. These ships were being buit of aluminum with jet engines to propel them across the waves: Pirates beware the LCS project is underway and coming for you....!
Pros
working with aluminum t'was cleaner that typical shipyards.
Cons
tight spaces and low overheads, indoors kinda work...
Hard work and dirty
Surface Restorer/Painter (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 11, 2014
No two days were the same. It is an "Only the strong survive" grind. My immediate Foremen were the best. Being female in this line of work, I was in a class all by myself. The hardest/best thing about my job was it showed me what I was made of. Having a smaller build I could go and do things that the men could not.
Pros
keep you in shape and sharp
Cons
could very easily get hurt