America's Tire Employee Reviews

Friendly
Sales consultant/Service adviser (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNNovember 28, 2017
Friendly place to work. Clean show room but slow paced and varmint and the company needs more stability financially. Potential growth in this environment but need stronger management and better communication skills
Fun and busy place to work
Tire Tech (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CANovember 13, 2017
Working at america's tire was a great experience. I loved the fast paced work, the amount of hours was awesome, my schedule was great and the management was great.
Fun work place
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAOctober 28, 2017
Fun work place. They were unsafe and didn’t do work to standard. They claimed they were the best but they would always cut short. Breaks were reasonable. Hired new employees at an higher salary then old employees.
Pros
Good breaks.
Cons
Lack of communication, no care is work.
if u like cars and like to run around all day this job is for you
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Industry, CA 91748September 19, 2017
very stressful. lots of running. heavy lifting. management can be rude.
there is opportunity for you if you work hard and fast all day. with willing to learn you can move up fast.
First Job
Automotive Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJSeptember 11, 2017
Was my first job, loved it. Was working after school for a few hours a day, and learned a lot from the experienced mechanics. Went and joined military.
Fun place to work with great environement
Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 3, 2017
This was a fun place to work because of the atmosphere. It wsa a fast paced environment to work in to to the young people that worked there. Great place for a young person to work in part time while attending school.
Fast pace and fun place to work
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJuly 26, 2017
A typical day at work would be come in an take out all the tires in the bays left from the night before. Then we would wait until we have customers and start to bring tag into the bay to work on them. I learned there is a lot of safety precautions before working on someones cars. The management was run by good people who cared about their employees but also they were in a constant rush and fast pace. The culture was fun and fast moving. Hardest part of the job had to be trying to balance giant uneven truck tires. The best part of the job was being a Crew Chief and helping all the cars get in and out of the bays as fast as possible.
Pros
Good benefits and constant pay.
Cons
Constant fast pace hard on body
Fun
Tire and Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 22, 2017
Enjoyed working here. Enjoyed most of the employees. Alot of hours at minimum wage. Good job straight out of high school easy job even without experience.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay
Awesome place to work
Apprentice Technician (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAJune 13, 2017
Worked there for 3 and a half years and had no issues. The company cares for its workers and will do whatever they can to help. The manager i worked for was a very hard person to work for, but he was a person full of knowledge. Only things that really bothered me were some of the workers did not pull their own weight and some of us would have to compensate some of our own time to pick up the slack.
Pros
good vibes and fast paced
Cons
management could use some work
Hands on work with a healthy teamwork environment
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Bedford, OHNovember 13, 2016
Upon arrival, you pick a dock to work on with a few other workers and begin load and unload tires of all sizes for various company's. Depending on the work load you are assigned a specific job on a dock to either lace the tires or to carry them inside. The work is easy overall, but hard on your body seeing that you are constantly lifting all day.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Short breaks
Hard work and low pay
Apprentice Technician (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CAOctober 12, 2016
You work very hard for low wages. It is slowly getting better with an increase in the minimum wage but it is still tough to save any money. It is a classic case of the higher ups making way to much while the guys in the back struggle to make ends meet. Even assistant managers start out around $13 an hour and are required to work 50 hours a week. The store managers who make 100k a year have trouble handing out 50 cent raises. If you want a steady job while you go to school it's great. flexible hours, nice people to work with. Just be careful. You'll get brainwashed with the "Americas Tire Dream" b.s. and get stuck with the company for 6 years like me.
Pros
flexible schedule, impossible to get fired if you are not an idoit
Cons
It will destroy your body, slave labor, low pay, the dream
Busy
Tech Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CaJune 19, 2016
Usually 8 hours long 35 min lunch, 2 days off a week unless to work on your day off, guys and fun to work with, fast pace working environment, learn how to change tires, balance tires, flat repairs and rotations, hardest part is when shorthanded and best is clocking out and going home!
Pros
Sundays off, holiday bonus, 401k, healthcare
Cons
paid vacation and holidays full-time only, relocation for full-time
American Tire
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAJune 13, 2016
I like my job but i love cars and trucks with a passion. so anything that has to do with cars and power i there. The management was the only bad part about with job. It was afun place to work at even if u had to work over a lot of us didnt mine
Very Productive workplace
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 17, 2016
Very fast paced and productive, but very laid back atmosphere, great co workers and management is awesome. lots of room for growth.
Pros
Co workers, advancment
Fun enviroment to work in.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKApril 19, 2016
Fast paced, complex computer system, but user friendly. Good co-workers, understanding Management. Discounts on products. Excellent pay. Work as a team to make the job easier.
Tires
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corona, CA 92881April 12, 2016
Changing tires doing rotations. Fun fast paced enviornment. Customer service was prided on there. Quick breaks but 45 minutes lunches
Pros
kjjhlig
Cons
m, hglhg
fast paced, sometimes quantity over quality
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 30, 2016
cleaned a lot, did not get much of a chance to practice skills. did not get many hours. hard physical labor. co-workers are good.
ok
Services Tech, Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Norco, CAFebruary 29, 2016
fine for first job. Could be better if treated better and had better working conditions. But all im all it was a good experienes
Great Place to work
Sr. Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 23, 2015
My time spent working for ATC was great, family orientated and customer service focused. They care of the customer know matter what.
Fun workplace and great company
Workflow Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Millbrae, CAAugust 3, 2015
Overall great job. It has gotten to the point where it gets repetitive though. On a daily basis, I work on vehicles and manage a team to make sure the back room flows smoothly. When needed, I give assistance at the front desk and help customer get checked in.

I learned a lot at this job. I learned more about time management and making sure people need to clock in and out when needed. Also about man power; realizing when it was cost efficient to have people on and off the clock. As i progressed, I gained more responsibilities. So I was more involved with the store and also training.

Being at work for 45+ hours a week, being able to connect with my peers was a factor. At all the stores I worked at, all my co-workers were great and made the work day go by a lot smoother.

As a company itself, it treats it's employees great. The benefits are good, we get bonuses and also work parties/picnics. Not many companies at this level, for what we do, treat it's employees this good.
Pros
Co-workers, bonuses, room to move up
Cons
hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at America's Tire. Our community is ready to answer.