America First Credit Union Employee Reviews

Sounds great, bad experience
Teller (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 19, 2016
I worked at the west valley branch for 6 months, the management was terrible they played favorites and treated all the new people like we were all replacable and didnt matter. Every new teller that was hired while i was there quit. When i went through training i was excited about the company because they had such a great culture and standards, but that is lost between the higher ups and entry level tellers, its no surprise that this company has such a high turn over rate. Do yourself a favor and avoid conducting business and working at this branch.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Terrible management
Productive & Challenging work environment
Collector (Current Employee) –  Roy, UTSeptember 29, 2015
The management is very supportive and you continually have something to do. Every day you learn something new. The people are great and always willing to help. Overall it is a great company to work for.
fun learning enviornment,
assistant manager, loan officer (Former Employee) –  dans grocery store branchSeptember 28, 2015
I loved working for AFCU. I was treated kindly, and with respect.
I was able to move up the career ranks fairly quickly with a lot of hard work. America First is very supportive of helping you move up to any position you would like and be a great match for. I started as a teller. moved to loan typist, then receptionist, lead teller. I went thru the training and became a loan officer. I went thru the management training 1 and 2 and worked as an assistant manager/ lead teller in a grocery store branch. I loved that job. In 1 day I could be a teller or or new accounts, loan officer or lead teller or manager because they left early since we were open late. I filed monthly reports. ordered cash for the branch. Made the schedule. And helped with any overrides. America first gives all of their employees a bonus every 6 months, they give yu free movie tickets, or a food voucher if they notice you went out of you way to help someone,
Pros
Loved being able to fill so many rolls in a day
Cons
extrememly busy, whish i could of found a way to make the line go faster
A great place to work
Overdrawn Collector/ Consumer Loan Collector (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, UTSeptember 22, 2015
I was welcomed in at America First Credit Union right away, I enjoy working for them. They do show their appreciation for a job well done and I think they hire exceptional people.
loved the company
front desk (Former Employee) –  laytonSeptember 14, 2015
I loved this job I was able to grow with this company and learn so many new things. I loved being able to interact with the customers on a daily face to face basis and getting to know them
There is always potential to learn more and move up at America First Credit Union. My co-workers have made it and enjoyable experience for me.
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 2, 2015
The potential to learn and move up with great people to work with has made this an enjoyable job. If you are looking for the best pay in the industry probably no the company to work for. They offer decent benefits though and the company is very stable.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Farmington, UTAugust 27, 2015
Great Company, they want you to succeed and have your goals in mind. They will push you to learn and advance, they are continually growing and aim to hire first within the credit union. Advancement is encouraged and the pace is up to you on how you want to succeed,
Pros
Great Benafits, Scheduling works great even with a school schedule
Level 4 Teller (Current Employee) –  UtahAugust 7, 2015
Terrible place.... management was terrible and all the people that you get to talk to treat you just awful. My boss refused to advance me, because I didn't volunteer for a parade. She looks down on her employees from the bridge of her nose. And then all the members you deal with throughout the day are just rude.
Member Services (Current Employee) –  Roy, UTAugust 6, 2015
Employee Friendly place, great benefits. Decent pay. Room for advancement within the company. If you are looking for a great call center job apply here.
Busy workplace with good learning experiences.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTJuly 20, 2015
I enjoy the busy environment with many learning experiences in finances and customer service. I don't think the credit union values its employees enough.
Great work environment
Teller (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJuly 15, 2015
-shifts are normally 10 hours
-Management is very professional and very friendly, they value their employees
-co-workers depends on which branch your in but overall they are good, diligent, determined people, we work hard and play hard
-hardest part dealing with some upset members and memorizing all the products
-there is A LOT of progression in the company, they really want you to grow in the company
Pros
great benefits
Cons
schedule is difficult sometimes
Good people
Marketing IBM Unica Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, UTJuly 15, 2015
Great people to work with. Easy to take time off. Close to home. Only issue I have is the compensation is very low compared to the industry standard.
Cons
Senior Management too good for us low people.
Productive work space
Member Service Contact Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Roy, UTJuly 6, 2015
Very willing to work with schedules
Friendly learning environment
Helping others with questions
Supportive and caring management
Sufficient breaks given daily
well established company with lots of growth opportunities
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTMay 14, 2015
I loved working for AFCU. I was there for six years and acquired a lot of experience and knowledge. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
challenging work environment
Cons
Professional, but fun working environment
Teller (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTApril 29, 2015
I enjoy my job quite a bit. When I get to work I set up and we open the branch. Throughout the day I help members with various transactions. Problem solving skills are a big part of this job. At the end of the day we balance and do closing duties. I make it seem easy, but there are different aspects of this job such as completing online courses to become more informed of policies and procedures, going to trainings at the training center, cross selling products and services, planning promotions, assigned teller duties such as cleaning the branch or ordering supplies, and doing one-on-ones with supervisors to set goals and go over our development. They try to move you up as quick as possible based on how comfortable you feel with taking on more responsibility. They are very interactive with their employees and really adhere to your needs. Very flexible with school or other work schedules. I haven't once wanted to leave this job. Their core values along with mission statement make me feel obligated to this company. I've never had that feeling with any other employer. The members love coming in and feel like it's a welcoming family type environment.
Pros
Great health/dental benefits, positive work environment, promotions with drawing for tickets to something or extra cash on your paycheck, and flexible work schedule
Professional work space
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTFebruary 1, 2015
Great professional work enviorment
good hours
full benefits and good days off
limited promotion oppurtunities in certain areas.
conservative hours wages
great job
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTJanuary 15, 2015
I loved this job.. Great company to work for. Great friendly people to work for and with.
Fun workplace
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, UTJanuary 4, 2015
A typical day in the department is busy with all the reconciliations that needed to be done. Those in the department are great to work with. Management is great. I learned so much so far working in the department, its been great getting to know the accounting process for a credit union and to learn some of the system administration for the department as well.
Cons
pay
Good Work enviroment
Member Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Roy, UTOctober 21, 2014
Working in the call center is a little tough. I have been there for almost 9 months. I'm looking for a different job that doesn't involve me managing people finances.
Pros
monthly gifts, room to move. own desk
Cons
short breaks.
Great company to work for.
Certified Teller (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTJuly 8, 2014
Started the day off with your drawer balance from the previous day. Helped members throughout the day with their financial questions/concerns. Management was awesome, very good relationship with my supervisor Max Jones. Can' t really say there was anything too hard to do in this position, just some was more time consuming, that's why I'm looking for another job, one that will challenge me more, but will still give me that social interaction that I love.
Pros
nothing too hard you can't do with a little help, if needed.
Cons
tried to get you so cross sale products, (ex. visa's) even if you know that the member doesn't need the product.