America

America Employee Reviews

Productive work place and perfect work life balance
Unix/Linux System Admin (Current Employee), PittsburghApril 15, 2015
Productive work place and perfect work life balance . good company is worked for ... there is nothing more to talk about ...
The Financial progress of My Clients
MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR/CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Newark, NJFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: the diversity of my clients, learn a lot about cultural interaction and tolerance
Cons: 12 hours sometimes 14 hours work day, i also attend school.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting with clients and preparing them for home ownership. It is rewarding to see a client thinking they will not be ale to achieve the American Dream of home ownership, but with help and guidance is able to achieve this.
Wonderful company to work for
Builder Marts (Former Employee), Greer, SCFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: wonderful culture, family type of atmosphere
In working for Builder Marts Of America it was this company that gave me a chance to get into the accounting industry. During my time there I worked in A/P and learned how to code, input, and run checks. Additionally, I worked to acquire experience in A/R as well and did some minor staff accountant tasks. One of my most enjoyable accomplishments was both working on the A/R team and doing some of the monthly reconciliations.
Recording Music trying to get it right. Hard work pays
Musician (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: its my heart
Cons: no fiscal payout
Its going to take a while to become successful at this, but I'm on my way; it is my dream. I learn every day with every sound that I hear. Inspiration can come from anywhere or anything. The hardest part is getting the tracks in time and remembering the right words to say. When I stop thinking is when it comes out right. Right now my band is just that of two, and the fact that we don't really have the resources we need, makes it more difficult. But we make due with what we have. The best part of the Job is to listen to the music afterward and to hear all the things thought up in my mind.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 3, 2015
I was a ticket taker and ALSO USHER HELP CUSTOMER TO THERE SIT. clean the lobby area when the games where over. sever lunch the other employee when they were short emplyees
I worked long hours, but jobs were mostly rewarding.
Executive Director, Literacy Volunteers (Former Employee), Grants, NMJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: the people; learning more science.
Cons: long work hours, lack of balance in my life.
For the teaching jobs, the days consisted of working with students, conducting classes and labs, preparing for classes, grading work, and working online with distance education classes. I learned more science beyond my specialities in geology, evolution, history of life on earth. I learned more chemistry, physics, human anatomy and physiology, and microbiology. I also learned to appreciate diverse ethnic groups (African Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans, Asian Americans, etc). I enjoyed working and laughing with my co-workers in all of my jobs. The hardest part of the teaching jobs was a the long hours and constant commitment that I put in because I felt that, for the students, it was necessary. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people, both colleagues and students. The management at Christopher Newport was wonderful and they became friends. At New Mexico State University--Grants, the management varied, some friends, at least colleagues, others friendly but not close.
not good
Student Transportation (Former Employee), Pine Brook, NJOctober 16, 2014
not a good place to be when looking to star a career. plus management wasn't professional
CITY MANAGER – FACILITY SALES & OPERATIONS
CITY MANAGER - FACILITY SALES & OPERATIONS (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 7, 2014
Pros: managed a great group of people
Cons: upper management divided in styles and objectives
Multifaceted leadership role, directing cross-functional team of 40 employees and instilling deep emphasis on sales and superior customer service. Set strategies for new sales and marketing campaigns to position company for profitable revenue growth, cultivating strong market share through exceptional customer service and astute approach to growing corporate business. Analyzed sales channels to develop new clientele and determine pricing of potential business. Oversaw operations, sales, customer service, human resources, fleet, and maintenance functions. Skillfully represented company through involvement in local organizations and networking. Showcase rich expertise in financial reports, account payables, account receivables, payroll, and fleet management. Commanded budget of $3M annually.
• Generated 27% increase in overall business in nine months; Optimized corporate accounts with AA, RCCL, AT&T, and DHL through impeccable customer service and strategic direction of contracts and rewards program; Adeptly supported and maintained government contract with MIA International Airport; Revitalized operational performance and aligned team-wide performance with company objectives and goals.
Fulfillment in assisting clients who would otherwise be unable to purchase a home without this program.
MORTGAGE CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 6, 2014
Pros: fulfillment
Cons: lots of paperwork
Met with 4 to 5 clients daily. Hopefully, this included 3 intake clients and 2 follow up visits to glean further documentation. When there were no shows, it provided time to process the loans which was sorely needed as the clients were low to moderate income with usually lower than normal credit scores as NACA (National Assistance Corporaton of America) has no credit score requirement.
But a character-based credit profile must be developed calling for letters of explanation and rental verifications.

The hardest part of the job was keeping the clients attention as much of the documentation had to be updated when underwriting came back for more documentation.

Management was spread thin and it was necessary to push to get a file through and many times no onw was available to push.

The best part was when the buyers closed. Many were first-time homebuyers and people that would never have been able to purchase a home anywhere else. The hugs and hearty handshakes made it all worthwhile.
Started out GREAT
Accounting Manager & Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), Marietta, GASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: the culture
Cons: major corporation
I worked for SpaceMakers when it was a privately owned family business. (The Roses) We had great work life balance, the culture was great in the office, and I loved it. I felt apart of the family. Once it was sold to Windquest, the broke the company up, fired us all, and moved on without us.....
mail room
Messenger/Records Clerk (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 22, 2014
Pros: overtime
With this company I started out as a mail carrier. I simply sorted mail and then delivered it to the different floors. I was then promoted to a filer and I worked in their warehouse where I simply filed away folders all day. The company did offer overtime and the people were lovely to work with.
Need to improve salary
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2014
Pros: convenient loaction
Cons: reduced salary
NACA is a decent company to work for but in response to employees complaining about draw vs commission our compensation was reduced from $12.00 to $8.25 per hour. I was forced to seek other employment.
productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 15, 2014
Working at America is a great stepping stone. I meet so many people from all over the world and from different cultures. Also, my co-workers are amazing.
terrible company to work for
Customer Service/ Housing Counselor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 3, 2014
Pros: learned a lot about mortgage field, great co-workers
Cons: everything else, management has to be the worst in my 25 year career, which starts with the egomaniacal ceo
Company is non profit and has done a lot to help homeowners across the country, but while your busy helping these homeowners the ceo of the company cares nothing about the workers.
A cozy place to work
PRSSA (Former Employee), Iowa CityMay 22, 2014
People there are very nice! I learnt a lot of new things there.
Wonderfull Organization that allowed me to develop skills
National Liaison (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 5, 2014
Pros: great experience and network building
Cons: having to graduate
PRSSA is the best organization a young, aspiring public relations student could be a part of during their college career. I worked with fellow pr students to produce effective communications within the college and developed programming for the biweekly meetings.
Productive customer service with a positive behavior
Clerk/Communication Staff (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 19, 2014
A day at work is always wonderful. Being able to help people is my passion. I have learned a lot from interacting with diversity of people. Moreover, management and my co-workers are great to work with. We also promote teamwork. However, the hardest part of my job is when some policy prevents me from solving a customer's problem at that moment. Not withstanding, the most enjoyable part of my job is when the goals of my team are reached at the end of the day.
Meeting people and travel
Home Save Counselor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 4, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: working long hours during tour time
A great place to learn about loss mitigation process. great team members. Long hours
Business like environment.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Encino, CAFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: new field of business
Cons: lake of training and transfer of knowledge to employees.
Work my scheduled assignment which varies from day to day. Very tight work flow. Deadlines to meet and very busy during year-end period.
Helping others
Loan Modification Processor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 13, 2014
A great place for those that really have a passion for helping others. The compensation and job culture left a lot to be desired

About America

Headquartered in Korea, Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) is leading the global offshore and marine industry. SHI has achieved unbeatable – Read more

America Salaries