- Under the direction of the Director of Marketing, create concepts and visual images for print, web, digital and other media that drive first-time and repeat visitation, positive word of mouth advertising, and sales of all AAFE events, products, and offerings.
- Serve as brand champion by ensuring consistent use of the creative throughout all marketing visual communications.
- Manage operation and oversight of the AAFE website, designing elements and updating content as necessary. Continually monitor entire website to ensure a quality experience for users.
- Track and report statistics and trends on website usage and email communications.
- Manage database and segmentation of data for email communications.
- Maintain close communication with management to plan workflow and keep projects on schedule. Be aware of AAFE initiatives to anticipate design needs.
- Maintain institutional graphic and image files and archives of logos, photos, artwork, designs, etc.
- Maintain an easily accessible inventory of tear sheets.
- Other duties as required.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Demonstrated skill with typography, layout and color sense. Understanding of and experience with four-color prepress.
- Superior creative talent, with a capacity to develop appropriate design concepts for a variety of media and audiences.
- Proven proficiency with MS Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Experience with e-commerce and email marketing and performance-measurement tools.
- Ability and willingness to meet all deadlines with grace and good humor. Must work well under pressure of tight timelines and shifting priorities.
- Good listening skills with an ability to create new and original design ideas while being true to existing brand equity.
- Aptitude for juggling multiple priorities and maintaining very high attention to detail throughout the entire creative process.
- Dedication to meeting deadlines while producing high-quality work.
- Sufficient organizational skills to manage a heavy workflow.
- Willingness to take direction and input with an open mind and positive attitude.
- Commitment to being part of a team.
- Professional commitment to remaining current with best practices and relevant trends in the graphic design field.
- Degree in graphic design strongly preferred. One to two years’ similar experience required.
- May substitute experience for Degree
- Design and web portfolio