American Academy of Neurology Employee Reviews

Incredible benefits
Manager, Board and Officer Relations (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 26, 2016
AAN is a stable nonprofit organization set in the Mill City District of Minneapolis. The benefits package provided is incredible; with potential of yearly bonus, based on goal setting. The growth in personnel is testament to the work done for physicians and patients. The staff are incredible to work with and are respectful of others. In my position, I had opportunity to touch all areas of the organization because of my role with the Board of Directors. Even after 15 years, there were learning moments where I discovered another area of focus. The location of the building is in the Mill City District, so getting there is relatively easy. Parking is provided in a ramp directly next to the building and the AAN pays half of parking or bus transportation.
Pros
Free soda, coffee, tea and Fruit Tuesdays
Cons
Work / Life balance is difficult to find
Don't Work There
Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 29, 2015
You are expected to work hard with little to no training. Learned that the Academy was not the right employer for me. Management was horrible. Was not provided good direction on job duties. No one was accountable.
Pros
Benefits and PTO
Cons
Expected to take on many tasks with no clear training.
Great Benefits
Senior Specialist (Current Employee) –  MinneapolisApril 2, 2014
Amazing benefits including outstanding medical, life and disability insurance. 401K incentive is above par. Culture is lacking.
Great people, wonderful opportunities but expect to work above-average work week
Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 29, 2013
The American Academy of Neurology allows many opportunities for advancement. Their leadership follows best-practices of association management, making data driven decisions and with heavy Board involvement in strategic direction. Financially strong. High volunteer-member engagement.
Pros
Great benefits.Ample PTO.Upward advancement.
Cons
High stress. Work/life balance difficult to maintain.
Work is intense, rewards are great
Administrative Assistant/Foundation (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 24, 2012
The work is intense and much is expected. The rewards are many and great. The company is aware of work/family balance and treats its employees with fairness, empathy, and respect.

It was one of the best companies I've worked for, and I would not have left except for a job relocation in the family.

Should you find yourself working here, you will find yourself surrounded by dedicated and intelligent employees, supportive management and a culture geared towards excellent output and chances for advancement. It's also a fun workplace.
Pros
excellent healthcare, many opportunities for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Academy of Neurology. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3