American Academy of Pediatrics

American Academy of Pediatrics United States Employee Reviews

International Manager
Manager, International Affairs (Current Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILMarch 24, 2014
Manage day-to-day communication with international partner, and internal stake holders.
Great Company, Great Mission, Satisfying and Challenging
IT Developer (Current Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: work environment, benefits, innovation
Cons: parking
If you are looking for a great place with lots of opportunity, a chance to learn and make a difference, a wonderful mission, this is the place. If you are afraid of change and want to coast for the rest of your career, then I'd say probably not the place for you. Do not be fooled by those who would rather coast, not learn new skills and settle for the same thing year in and year out. I'm glad I'm here!
if they will know how to select managers it will be a good place to work
Grants Administrator (Current Employee), Elk Grove VillageOctober 1, 2013
Pros: good health benefits
Cons: poor management
depends what department you are working, but finance has the worse managers
IT Department as whole
IT (Current Employee), Elk, WAJuly 26, 2013
Pros: nothing.
Cons: micro management
This is the worst place ever. There is not a single drop of professionalism in this place. Specially in the IT department. The Director of IT department thinks he knows what he is talking about but has no clue how to manage the department.

They micro management like no other. I really feel bad for myself and others in the IT department as they keep going through re-org. Its just a horrible environement to be in and everyone in the IT department may leave as soon as more positions open up in other companies.

This is just a very bad place to work. Trust me, I know and don't jep, your career with this move here. It suck unless you like to be micro-managed all the time.
Terrible company to work for
Coordinator (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILJuly 17, 2013
Pros: they have a cafe
They are the worst company to work for. They are very old school, and the envvironment is terrible. They treat their emploayees horrible.
Great place to have your career
Section/Council Membership Specialist (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILJune 1, 2013
The American Academy of Pediatrics is the best place I have worked. Everyone I worked with I had a passion for the work they were doing. The AAP offered amazing benefits and a great environment. Only staying home with my children could have made me leave that company!
Great company to work for.
Secretary (Former Employee), Rosemont, PAMay 17, 2013
Pros: security, stability, great work ethics, good pay, great benefits, ability to grow and learn
A good, stable company to work for.
It was a great place to spend eight hours a day.
Busy but balanced and always something to keep busy with.
A great group of people to work with and for.
Learned a lot about the operation of day care providers and the challenges and rewards for all of them.
Professional work place with satisfying mission
Research (Current Employee), Elk GroveJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: mission, benefits, work life balance
No matter what job you have at the American Academy of Pediatrics, everyone is very driven by the mission of promoting the health of all children. It's a casual, first-name basis organization, and at the same time, very professional.
Productive workplace with an awesome mission
Web Content Coordinator (Current Employee), Elk Grove VillageJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: because the aap is a not-for-profit organization, the average salary is slightly less than competitive.
A typical day at work consists of building web pages and/or websites using SharePoint and Photoshop for image editing

Learned the value of networking and team building

The management in most departments are very professional and approachable.

My co-workers are very focused and goal-oriented.

Because I am very comfortable in my current skillset and communication with my team members, I am not currently experiencing any difficulties in performing any of my currently assigned duties.

The most enjoyable part of my job is discovering new things about SharePoint on a regular basis.
Professional, amiable staff; management's attention to staff work/life balance
Product Marketing Manager Temp Position (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILFebruary 2, 2012
Pros: discounted in-house cafeteria, christmas party with many valuable raffles
Cons: located in far suburb of chicago.
The American Academy of Pediatrics is a top-notch place to work because of its highly dedicated and professional staff, many who have been there for 15 or more years. My boss celebrated 20 years at the AAP while I was there. The products are created collaboratively with pediatric professionals, many who are some of the nation's most accomplished practicing pediatricians.