American Academy of Pediatrics Employee Reviews

A comfortable place to work
Word Processor/Help Desk/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 31, 2017
After 31 years employed with the Academy, I would recommend the Academy to anyone. The benefits are outstanding. Very comfortable place to work and expand your career.
Pros
productive and outgoing
Awesome place to work
Summer Temp (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 17, 2017
Everyone is so nice and it is a great organization with an amazing mission. The management is willing to help with anything. Everyone works together well.
Membership Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJuly 8, 2017
The work life balance is typical of a non-for-profit association with its structure and schedule.
Meetings when needed, phone and computer and daily interaction with other staff members and pediatricians or students in the process of becoming one day pediatricians.
I have learned about the path one has to take in order to become a pediatrician. The various programs and venues that one takes before becoming a full practicing pediatrician.
There was no hard part of the job as I loved what I did.
The most enjoyable part of learning new things and putting them in practice as well as helping out in a very noble profession.
Some of the colleagues that I have worked with have also been a pleasure to work with as well as get to know on a personal level.
Pros
Good association to build long term goals.
Cons
A bit too political at times.
Terrific Atmosphere and Staff
Data Entry Specialist, Admin.-Conf. Call Coord. (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJune 6, 2017
Functioned as a temporary employee in a couple of different departments. Staff always treated me like a permanent employee with respect. Very amicable place to work.
consultant experience
Research Consultant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 19, 2016
My work with the American Academy of Pediatrics was as a consultant. I had interaction with only a few staff, but they were organized and produced ethical research.
Great environment to work in
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILJanuary 10, 2015
I was in a temporary, part-time position as a research associate. I found the work that I was doing on childhood obesity to be quite rewarding and greatly believed in the project that I was working on. I worked with a congenial group of people. It was a great environment to work in.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
temporary position
International Manager
Manager, International Affairs (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILMarch 24, 2014
Manage day-to-day communication with international partner, and internal stake holders.
Great Company, Great Mission, Satisfying and Challenging
IT Developer (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILFebruary 10, 2014
If you are looking for a great place with lots of opportunity, a chance to learn and make a difference, a wonderful mission, this is the place. If you are afraid of change and want to coast for the rest of your career, then I'd say probably not the place for you. Do not be fooled by those who would rather coast, not learn new skills and settle for the same thing year in and year out. I'm glad I'm here!
Pros
Work Environment, Benefits, Innovation
Cons
Parking
if they will know how to select managers it will be a good place to work
Grants Administrator (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove VillageOctober 1, 2013
depends what department you are working, but finance has the worse managers
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
poor management
IT Department as whole
IT (Current Employee) –  Elk, WAJuly 26, 2013
This is the worst place ever. There is not a single drop of professionalism in this place. Specially in the IT department. The Director of IT department thinks he knows what he is talking about but has no clue how to manage the department.

They micro management like no other. I really feel bad for myself and others in the IT department as they keep going through re-org. Its just a horrible environement to be in and everyone in the IT department may leave as soon as more positions open up in other companies.

This is just a very bad place to work. Trust me, I know and don't jep, your career with this move here. It suck unless you like to be micro-managed all the time.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Micro management
Terrible company to work for
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJuly 17, 2013
They are the worst company to work for. They are very old school, and the envvironment is terrible. They treat their emploayees horrible.
Pros
they have a cafe
Great place to have your career
Section/Council Membership Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJune 1, 2013
The American Academy of Pediatrics is the best place I have worked. Everyone I worked with I had a passion for the work they were doing. The AAP offered amazing benefits and a great environment. Only staying home with my children could have made me leave that company!
Great company to work for.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, PAMay 17, 2013
A good, stable company to work for.
It was a great place to spend eight hours a day.
Busy but balanced and always something to keep busy with.
A great group of people to work with and for.
Learned a lot about the operation of day care providers and the challenges and rewards for all of them.
Pros
Security, stability, great work ethics, good pay, great benefits, ability to grow and learn
Cons
Professional work place with satisfying mission
Research (Current Employee) –  Elk GroveJanuary 31, 2013
No matter what job you have at the American Academy of Pediatrics, everyone is very driven by the mission of promoting the health of all children. It's a casual, first-name basis organization, and at the same time, very professional.
Pros
mission, benefits, work life balance
Productive workplace with an awesome mission
Web Content Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove VillageJanuary 30, 2013
A typical day at work consists of building web pages and/or websites using SharePoint and Photoshop for image editing

Learned the value of networking and team building

The management in most departments are very professional and approachable.

My co-workers are very focused and goal-oriented.

Because I am very comfortable in my current skillset and communication with my team members, I am not currently experiencing any difficulties in performing any of my currently assigned duties.

The most enjoyable part of my job is discovering new things about SharePoint on a regular basis.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
because the aap is a not-for-profit organization, the average salary is slightly less than competitive.
Professional, amiable staff; management's attention to staff work/life balance
Product Marketing Manager Temp Position (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILFebruary 2, 2012
The American Academy of Pediatrics is a top-notch place to work because of its highly dedicated and professional staff, many who have been there for 15 or more years. My boss celebrated 20 years at the AAP while I was there. The products are created collaboratively with pediatric professionals, many who are some of the nation's most accomplished practicing pediatricians.
Pros
discounted in-house cafeteria, christmas party with many valuable raffles
Cons
located in far suburb of chicago.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Academy of Pediatrics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3