Are you a graphic designer interested in a mix of print and web work? The American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) is a fast paced, rapidly growing medical society located in Darien, a southwest suburb of Chicago. You will create designs that accurately convey the brand and message of the AASM and its managed specialty societies through print and web media. To qualify, you must have proven design experience, excellent multi-tasking skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines. In addition, you will also have the desire to eventually take web design to front end development. While this position reports to the Graphic Design Manager, we will help hone this skillset through increased projects and training with our programmers.
What You’ll Do
- Create compelling visual concepts for a wide variety of products and services including but limited to the following: Websites, email campaigns, advertisements (web and print), brochures, multi-page layouts, mailers, PowerPoint presentations, and interactive PDFs. Involves regular collaboration with internal client groups and IT staff.
- Contribute new ideas for products/processes. Consults occasionally with manager to further expand technical expertise, quality, and speed.
- Maintain quality and continuity of products and services by ensuring brand consistency across all mediums..
- Manage complete project lifecycle including project briefing, vendor sourcing, press, etc.
What We Need
- Minimum Associates degree in graphic design or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be obtained.
- Two to four years of related experience.
- Proficiency in Adobe software (Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, etc.)
- Understands the fundamentals of HTML and CSS with ability to hand code.
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite; beginner experience with PowerPoint
- Ability to manage time and resources on multiple, simultaneous projects and changing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and solid proofreading abilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and possible outside vendors.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- A quick learner with good problem solving skills.
- Can defend their design choices
- Results driven with the ability to think outside of the box
- Baseline knowledge of responsive design as well as UI/UX principles
- Experience with both Mac and PC platforms
Interested candidates should send their resume, salary requirements, and have an online portfolio showcasing their web design work. Online portfolio and/or links to RELATED work samples MUST be submitted with all inquiries for serious consideration.
About the AASM
Established in 1975, the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) is a professional membership organization dedicated to the advancement of sleep medicine and related research. The AASM’s mission is to assure quality care for patients with sleep disorders, promote the advancement of sleep research and provide public and professional education. The AASM represents the professional interests of over 9,500 sleep medicine clinicians and researchers worldwide and accredits more than 2,500 sleep centers in the United States.
Your future teammates are friendly and eager to take their careers to the next level. We value innovation and support your growth. Plus, our benefits are outstanding! We pay for 100% of the employee premium for health insurance, subsidize generously for dependent coverage, offer an exceptional retirement plan and have affordable voluntary benefits (supplemental life & accident insurance). Our employees also enjoy flex-time and a business casual dress code in our beautiful, eco-conscious building conveniently located to major expressways. What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Indeed - 12 months ago
- 30+ days ago