American Addiction Centers Employee Reviews

Love the company- they do great things for people
Treatment Consultant (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 19, 2017
Love the upper management! They truly want to help people get better! It is awesome to help those who can't help themselves! There is always a bed/place for those needing help.
Pros
Great programs for people
Cons
Things on a regional level can be confusing to say the least
Good co-workers that were originally there.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 10, 2017
Company paid me well, the management and all of staff were awesome , only downfall was when this company bought out the original building they started to bring their own people in which caused my termination .
Good Work Enviornment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJuly 24, 2017
Great company to work for. Can work as many hours as you like if approved. Self-paced. Great incentive can definitely move up in the company if you show up on time and do your job
Beware
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TX 75050June 21, 2017
The ownership has such a wonderful thing right in front of him; however, he has replaced his drug/alcohol addiction with greed and schemes to get more and more money while sacrificing the product advertised. Clients are promised "anything" to get them to one of the centers only to be most upset to arrive and find what they had been promised was not available or allowed. Very scary place to work for considering the current corporate mindset of money first, and everything else second.
Good Opportunity
Treatment Consultant/Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2017
Wanted to help everyone that needed help and was told that is what we do. However when the number of people rescued is lower than goal, bye bye job, thats how it is.
Pros
independence
Cons
bad management
Aac
Administrative Assistant Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMay 29, 2017
AAC is a good place to work. It's a relatively young company with a lot of room for growth. The company strives to promote from within when at all possible.
Steady paced
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 27, 2017
Overall I did not like the management as they bought out the rehabilitation center by the name of Solutions Recovery and basically laid everyone off who was not a corporate employee … other than that it was a relaxed place to work.
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers
Cons
Poor Management
Call center atmosphere
Treatment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMay 15, 2017
Good company to work for. I worked for a nice manager. Call center atmosphere. Very important to screen out unqualified callers early which meant that customer service was lacking.
Pros
good commission potential
Cons
Commission goals difficult at times
Poor work environment.
LVN/BMT (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CAMay 14, 2017
I have been working at American Addiction Center's Forterus location since May 2014. In my time here I have seen 4 CEO's and 3 HR directors. Since approx July 2016 year company morale has gone down, employees are quitting left and right, and census has been cut to almost 1/3. Typical day is very boring as staff/client ratio is very low. Management is very secretive and withholds pertinent information employees should have. Work place culture consist of a lot of politics and favoritism which are allegedly, "Does not happen" however we are wiser than that. The hardest part of the job is finding something to do to fill you time. most enjoyable part of the job is the people I get to help and see make a lifestyle change.
Productive and fun
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 3, 2017
I enjoy my job working with the ladies it helps me with my schooling and people skills also its a great experience while furthering my education. I get to enjoy the networking of sobriety and the benefits of helping a struggling addict heal and become successful
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
a night shift
Green House Rehabilitation Center (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 3, 2017
The job is not bad. The clients are wonderful even when detoxing but the night time supervisor is petty and likes to put blame where it does not belong as well as always being late 30 minutes or more.
Pros
free lunch or dinner
Cons
short breaks, management
Terrible Environment from Top Down
Treatment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 26, 2017
The best thing about this place is the commission structure if you are good at sales then you make great money.

But you have to deal with a lot to get it.

But the environment can create PTSD. There is no support just pressure. The management is unprofessional an treat you like dirt.

It's all about hitting quotas by a certain date.

People are terminated daily.

The management are fairly uneducated...Community College degrees at best...which is fine if they have a treatment center admissions background... but most don't even have .

In addition most managers have very little management experience so if you're struggling management isn't equipped to help you with training or support... so you are mostly on your own.
Pros
Commission on Admissions, Revenue, Cash Collected and Conversion Ratio
Cons
Cut Throat Environment focused on Sales and not Helping Patients
meaningful work in fast-paced environment
Treatment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 25, 2017
American Addiction Centers offers a unique work environment - a growing and innovative culture. I was given the opportunity to create a position at the company and continued to advance as management took notice of my skill sets.
Very dedicated hard working men and women
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CAApril 23, 2017
This was one of the best opportunities I was ever given. The company has grown enormously and the vision of the company is exceptional. They strive for the highest quality of clinical care and contribute to research in the field.
Encouraging and successful in helping others
Physician Practice Manage (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 20, 2017
Pleasant and positive place to work although many clients enter facility at a very dark stage of their life, but we were there to help.

One of the great perks was to be part of the team the help others at
a desperate time in their life.
Pros
Professional CoWorkers
Cons
Sometime clients could be difficult to work with
Productive and fun place to work in
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FL 33407April 13, 2017
Great company to work for, family oriented and emphatic. Was able to expand my knowledge in the addiction field and grow as an individual. By far my most entertaining job.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
Limited staffing
Very fast paced with maximum amount of stress
Treatment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMarch 7, 2017
Very stressful job working with clients and their families to overcome addiction. Good hours are given to those who are just entering the company. Turnover is extremely high. It is all a numbers game. People are not priority to this company. They do have a couple of game rooms consultants may utilize due to the high level of stress of the job. Budget is constantly being cut when stocks are down. Job security is very low. If you are an unethical sales person with no care for others than you can be very successful in this position.
Pros
PTO time
Cons
Hours, High level of stress
It has been an honor to work for a company that saves lives.
Senior Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMarch 6, 2017
I have enjoyed growing and managing all details of the National conference for mental health care professionals. My role was the Project Manager overseeing the entire event from beginning to end. There is a tremendous amount of planning and negotiating required to plan the event. Everyday I worked closely with the graphic designers, the venue, over35 guest presenters, the national certification boards, registration staff and over 100 exhibitors.
Pros
Flexibility with Schedule
Cons
Non
Productive Engaging Work Environment
Treatment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJanuary 12, 2017
I worked at American Addiction Centers for over two years and was impressed with the compensation and the level of sales talent I encountered while employed with this company.
Pros
Compensation, Work Life Balance
Cons
Opportunities for Advancement
Go elsewhere
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 14, 2016
Horrible place to work. Management is horrible, there is rampant favoritism, bullying, lies, and lots of write ups. The CEO thinks he's God's gift to sobriety and upper management follows suit. Only saving grace working here was seeing clients get sober. With all the facilities in the San Diego area, do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.
Pros
Working with clents
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Addiction Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8