AMERICAN ADVISORS GROUP

AMERICAN ADVISORS GROUP Employer Reviews

I Make a Real Difference
Reverse Mortgage Professional (Current Employee), Orange, CASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: helping customers, making a difference
Cons: long hours
With some of the clients I work with, you can hear in their voices how appreciative they are. I feel like I make a real difference in their lives, and it feels good.
Worse company ever!!
Loan Officer (Former Employee), Orange, CAAugust 23, 2014
Pros: free licensing, training and continuing education.
Cons: unscrupulous compensation package, no work life balance
On the onset of this job they lead you to believe most of the sales floor are making 100 K+ annually. the average salesperson is making about 54 K annually. They don't want you to take sick leave or vacations unless its the end of the year when sales are slow. You will be written up if you don't hit the company submission quota for the month ,even if – more... you were out due to illness or vacation. NO work life balance is encouraged. be careful of speaking out your opinions to our co-workers or managers, if you don't act like are fully on board with company philosophy and blindly follow the gospel of AAG you will be eliminated. when I figured out I was making less money and doing more loans then I ever did as a career loan officer I started questioning their compensation methods and all of a sudden my loans in processing had stopped being worked on, and my leads completely dried up. All previous high marks on this review site are by AAG marketing or in house disciples. ( Hey, if my boss asked me to write a great review and I wanted to keep my self in his good graces, I would probably do it too) My last suggestion is Run, do not walk away from this horrible Company. – less
Positive work/life balance
Web Designer (Current Employee), Orange, CAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: get to do what i love, great work culture, fun boss
Cons: location
We don’t have that high-intensity 12-hour-day mortgage workplace. I like how a work/life balance is encouraged.
Company Review
Licensing Coordinator - Licensing (Current Employee), Orange, CAAugust 10, 2014
Great Company to work. Enviroment is one of a kind. This place is very welcoming and inviting. Here the skill is the limit and the opportunity to succeed is endless.
Great incentive structure
Reverse Mortgage Professional (Current Employee), Orange, CAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: pay structure, room for advancement
Cons: work/life balance sometimes challenging
There is a great incentive structure for sales and operations staff here. We’ve got our base salaries, of course, but then for those of us who are efficient with high production numbers, there’s an incentive piece, which is very motivating.
No other place I'd want to work
Reverse Mortgage Professional (Current Employee), Orange, CAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: great company culture, helping customers
Cons: busy!
It’s a big company with the feeling of a family-run business from top to bottom. There is no other place where I would want to work.
Satisfaction
Reverse Mortgage Professional (Current Employee), Orange,caJuly 24, 2014
I get a tremendous feeling of satisfaction, worth, and accomplishment when I help someone who has lost the ability to dream that their life can be better. Getting compensated for this is also not too shabby.
Fun, Purpose Driven Work Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Orange, CAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: flexible, good people, strong teams
Cons: parking
Really motivated employees working hard with customer service a top priority. It can be long hours sometimes during the busy season, but everyone is understanding with balancing kids and family and we make a work/life balance work. The team bonds are good, and you really lean on each other for advice and assistance and what is and isn't working.
Very performance based
Setup Specialist (Current Employee), Orange, CAJune 30, 2014
It was a good entry level position but management and culture were all about numbers. You were always pointed out for every mistake and never given credit when accomplishing something great. People are very self centered and only think of ways they can succeed at the cost of bringing down others.
N/A
Regulatory Analyst (Current Employee), Orange, CAJune 15, 2014
I have learned a lot in this company. My coworkers are great.
Fun Environment and Plenty of Opportunities
Manager, Marketing Analysis (Current Employee), Orange, CAApril 9, 2014
I've worked for many companies both large and small and know how often your hard work and efforts can go overlooked and underappreciated. I also know what it is like to be micro managed and scrutinized for every little mistake or action. Since working at AAG, I have pretty much found myself out of the rut, and have eliminated my feelings of how ‘working – more... for the man’ is a no win situation. I have never been encouraged and acknowledged anywhere else as much as I have been here.
Another thing I enjoy about working at AAG is the fun events we have, whether it is for charity or just to socialize with other co-workers.
My only advice is that you’ll need to put in 100% here, as you should anywhere else you work and you should be fine. Hard work and an unselfish attitude do not go unnoticed here. – less
I really like it here :)
Digital Content Writer (Current Employee), Orange, CAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: cool people
Cons: parking
I really like working here. I work in the Digital Marketing Department and there are a lot of new things I'm learning that adds to my skills and resume, like SEO. I also like my co-workers a lot; they make me laugh.

Every Friday we have a department lunch where we go out together to eat and I always enjoy it. We had a potluck for St. Patty's Day and – more... Holi and everyone brought some awesome grub. My boss is cool, he always checks if I need anything.

There are lunch trucks at lunch, plus a girl with a food cart comes everyday for breakfast, so if I was rushing in the morning, I can still eat something at my desk. The hardest part of the job is the parking situation because this company grew so successful that it outgrew its parking lot. But that's really about it, and they really seem like they're working on fixing it.

I like how it is a big company, there's always someone new to meet. I also liked how when i first applied, they actually responded right away, unlike some other places I applied, you'd be lucky to get an automated rejection response.

Also they had their Christmas party a couple weeks before I was to start my first day, but they still invited me to it and I had a great time; it was at the House of Blues in Downtown Disney. Overall, I really like it here and I think you'd have to be some sort of bad apple to not like working here or not get along with the cool people here. – less
Run for your lives
processor (Former Employee), Orange, CAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: 250 bonus if you process 20 loans
Cons: they want 12 hours of work in an 8 hour day
On my first week at AAG I noticed how unhappy everyone was super-unfriendly and bitter would be the way I would describe the processing department. A year later I too was one of the unhappy employees and that is just not who I am, I'm a happy person by nature. There are no raises so don't even ask. One of the ladies made processor of the year and got – more... zero recognition from anyone in management, her team printed out a congratulatory paper award and that is what she got. If you can survive on unemployment just a little longer DO IT, this company will bleed the life right out of you. This is my first blog of this nature and I cannot scream this loud enough, stay away. This is a very young management team and they will not support growth if it will interfere with their own growth. If you are a threat you will be shunned but they will do it with a smile if that makes you feel any better. – less
Good company, good people
Marketing (Current Employee), Orange, CAMarch 21, 2014
Pros: fun and open corporate culture
I've been here since AAG was a really small company. The executive team has done a great job at keeping the company culture consistent, even though we've exploded in size. Enjoyable work environment with managers that are respectful, care about work/life balance, and open to suggestions and trying new things.
Great staff and co-workers, positive work enviornment!!
Reverse Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee), Orange, CAMarch 7, 2014
Telmarketing atmosphere, because that's what we did..we sold reverse mortgages over the phone (Hey if you sell anything over the phone then be on the phone while you at work, or get another job). I really got back to the basics of how to sell and the sales process. Management was always there to help, they have on going training daily (always good info), – more... they wanted everyone to succeed and did what they could to help. Downside to the lead system was how each manager could just take your leads at their own discression, which ment you had to call everyday (bother the customer) or lose the lead, which is not always the ideal sales process (they do have a process and it does work ..numbers game). Great co-workers and staff. – less
Fun, Fast Paced Environment
Marketing (Current Employee), Orange, CAFebruary 27, 2014
AAG is a fun, fast paced environment that is growing incredibly fast. When I started we had about 500 employees. We're now over 800 employees and growing more daily.

The company provides decent benefits, annual reviews, brings lunch in for employees, company parties, etc.

With regards to the work environment I find that there is significantly less – more... politics here than at other companies. Red tape is kept at a minimum and ideas freely flow. – less
Productive and busy workplace with "Team Player" environment
Processing Set-up Specialist (Current Employee), Orange, CADecember 26, 2013
At AAG my position is Loan Setup specialist.

My job is to setup the Loans for the Sr. Processors. I verify that all borrowers meet all of our requirements. Also, I gather all needed documents & required signatures needed to move the loan forward. Most of my work is done Independently, but my department is split into teams. We have Monthly competitions – more... based on the number of loan files moved forward from our department to Underwriting.

Each loan is different and you must be very detail oriented. – less
work environment is fast paced
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee), orange caDecember 16, 2013
work day would consist of 8-10 hours a day with some saturdays. Although i have mortgage experience i learned about the reverse mortgage product. this company was a reverse mortgage lender. I worked well with my co workers i did feel there was room for improvemnt with management. The most enjoyable part of my job was to close the loans for the customer, – more... there were some that were in desperate need of the moneys. And to be able to assist them with that was a great thing. – less
Productive Fun environment
Loan Officer (Current Employee), Orange, CADecember 6, 2013
Pros: excellent pay structure and benefits
Cons: non- applicable
Great company to work for. Ownership and management that really cares for its employees and it's clients.
Educational
Manager of the. D. E. Underwriting Dept (Former Employee), Orange, CAOctober 6, 2013
Pros: bonus, ability to work independently
Cons: insufficient support from management and compliance departments
The original management at this Company are awesome. When hired they provided me with the knowledge base needed to move forward in this new avenue of mortgage business