AMERICAN ADVISORS GROUP Employee Reviews

Love Working at AAG
Sales (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 16, 2017
Working at AAG is great! It took me a long time to find a company that I truly felt proud of working at. I am so glad to be in a place where I can really help people and the company allows and encourages its employees to do the best thing for our clients. There is a lot of room for career growth and many different paths to take. AAG is all about making their employees happy, throughout the year they have many team building and employee appreciation events. The best part is that they really want their employees to have a work-life balance, I don’t feel that I have to choose between my job and my responsibilities with my family and the schedule is great. The people that work here for the most part are friendly and caring and willing to help each other out with work and on a personal level. As with every company who tries to continuously improve, there are some growing pains but management is great at keeping an open communication with employees so that we understand the direction the company is going and this makes me feel like I am an important part of the company’s growth.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, work-life balance, career growth, Oportunity to make a difference in peoples lives
Top heavy management
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 9, 2017
The pay was fair at this company and had opportunities for advancement. However, advancement mean being one of three managers in comparison to a lower level employee.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor management
No the game
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 27, 2017
They only care that you put in applications don't care about quality of the app. I worked for the best manager there but it depends on the team you are on. Some mangers are very cut throat
Micro Management
Reverse Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 19, 2017
AAG was a very positive environment - plenty of training- literally everyday. Sometimes 2 times a day - they listened to every phone call to critique them and mad sure that the entire sales presentation was homogeneous - very controlled. they generally did not get the borrower the best deal, in fact they are probably the most expensive company to get a reverse mortgage thru. Borrowers interests were not the priority.
Pros
Nice people for the most part
Cons
Very high turnover - no job security
Great Place to work
Sales Manager/ Sales Coach (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 8, 2017
Doesn't feel like a job, this was one of the best working experiences of my career. Great place to work and learn the from the best in the industry. This is a great place for anyone to work.
Pros
Cons
Parking
Job
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 7, 2017
Company is pretty solid overall. Great people are the best thing AAG has for itself as a company. The stress level is normal for a Mortgage Company and the leas are solid
Pros
The people
Cons
Leads
Call center
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2017
This is a nice place if you can handle working in a call center this is a good place to work. I was not ready for a call center the constant phone ugh, the location sucks and my manager needed a hobby. This a good place to work there are some really good people and the training is the best.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Call center, Location
Great company
Reverse Mortgage Professional (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 30, 2017
People here are very friendly. They take care of you well with the endless treats and team building events; it's obvious they shoot for a company with happy employees. The work culture is very fast paced, but it's an ideal place for job experience since management is always open to trying new avenues to reach a goal. It's always "goals, goals, goals" here.
Pros
Management, coworkers, compensation, team events, location
Cons
Communication between all departments could be better
productive and fun workplace
Set Up Specialist/Closer (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 26, 2017
This company is such a diverse place and I have learned a lot. It's definitely a company in which has helped me grow as a person in learning so many different things that I can use in other jobs.
Pros
a lot of employee appreciation
Cons
no maternity leave benefits
A Day In The Life...
Mortgage Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 24, 2017
Typical day at AAG goes as follows,

Come in to work and catch up on morning emails for about 5-10 mins,
Begin reaching out to clients, new prospects, focus on new business for 2 hours straight,
Begin quick meetings with management for continuous training and skills practice,
Lunch/Ping-Pong break,
Back to work and start making follow-up appointments,
Call it a day.
Pros
Friendly management, co-workers, and the product really makes a difference to those who qualify
Cons
It's not easy, but anything worth having shouldn't be.
Great
Reverse Mortgage Professional (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 15, 2017
I've been with AAG since 2/2017. I've really enjoyed the training and on-boarding experience. I was able to meet many people at the Orange office. Everyone there was happy and helpful. I have been in the business quite some time, and I am impressed at the way AAG is working to dig deeper with clients to ensure they qualify and are informed about the reverse mortgage process. The training illustrates how AAG cares about it's clients, the industry and AAG employees.
Pros
Training, Work/Life balance
My view of AAG
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 12, 2017
A typical day at AAG is working on projects, improving process, implementing change.
My boss asks for my opinion and listens.
AAG is a work friendly environment. People here say hello, how are you and really mean it. Willing to help out and get involved.
People really care about you as a person not just your productivity.
AAG is fast growing company which is experiencing growing pains. With that it brings opportunity to get involved to help form the company. Bring forth what has worked and not worked in other work places.
Change is hard no matter what it is, and change is constant.
The hardest part of my job is understanding the different departments, levels within each and how they interact.
I enjoy working to find solutions to improve the company and I have the opportunity to do that here.
Pros
Being able to help seniors, implementing change and partaking in the many opportunities to volunteer
Cons
Health care cost (my premium cost) are double than I paid before
Worst company I ever worked for
insurer (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAApril 29, 2017
In a very short time this company went from a family environment to cutthroat and hostile. Management looks for reasons to write employees up. Workload is set to keep you from meeting goals and making bonus.
There is no time to make a team environment. It's just work as fast as you can to meet numbers. It is just the most horrible company to work for.
Pros
Cons
you name it
Excellant Company
LOAN OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 23, 2017
Great Sales culture and people. The employees really care about their clients. Hardest part about the job is getting licensed and getting accustomed to the sale process.
Training was awesome
Reverse Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 17, 2017
I'm a former employee who was fired via e-mail, so keep that in mind as you read.
I worked for the company for five years. My direct manager was incredible and I enjoyed working for them a great deal. The director of sales, while not overtly friendly, was honest and a "good" person.

However, the manager between those two was a bit of putz. Most sales managers lack sincerity, but he is the only one I know who saw his lack of sincerity as a total positive and thrived on it.

You'll get great training. You'll get leads. You'll also get a short leash and if you fail to meet goal, you'll get shown the door. You'll be frustrated because chances are you'll have a manager more focused on kissing up, moving up, and earning more than they are in helping you succeed.
Pros
Training and opportunity
Cons
Everything else
The Best Company I've worked for
Executive Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 14, 2017
I have been working at AAG for about 9 months and I absolutely love working here. AAG truly cares about its employees, their careers, and coming to work here every day is an absolute pleasure. The Executive Team is down to earth and set a great example of our values; care, driven, ethical. I am extremely fortunate to be one of those lucky few that get up every day and want to come to work.
Pros
Great working environment, work-life balance
Great company
Marketing Business Development (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 10, 2017
I have never worked at a company like this before. Management is very helpful and really does try their best to make you and the company successful with an open mind to new ideas. Everyone really does work as a team with different divisions of the marketing department reaching out to one another asking advice to make sure we come up with the best products. The company is also growing a lot so its nice to know there is room to grow as well.
Pros
People, growth, benefits
Watch out
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 22, 2017
Management will set you up to fail if they feel like it. I was drinking the cool aid and doing well and my manager started setting me up to fail. If I had a different manager I would still be there. But glad I'm not now.
Pros
Call coaching
Cons
Bad choice of team leads/managers
Love to work here!
Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 9, 2017
I really love working with AAG, from day 1 the training and support I have received has been unlike any other company that I have been apart of.
The can do and positive attitudes make it a place you really want to wake up and go to work everyday. You are really encouraged to be the best you can be. All my fellow co-workers are always available to help me when I need them. My manager truly cares for my success and shows it by making sure I am on track.

The hardest part of my job is not being able to provide a reverse mortgage to everyone who needs one. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to change a seniors life for the better, its amazing.
Pros
Family atmosphere, Encouraged to succeed, Awesome Training
Cons
Great company to work for
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 4, 2017
This is a great company to work for, great compensation and great benefits. This is a family environment feel and also everyone is very caring and ready to help.
Pros
Lots of events
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMERICAN ADVISORS GROUP. Our community is ready to answer.

AMERICAN ADVISORS GROUP Reviews by Location