AMERICAN AIR FILTER

AMERICAN AIR FILTER Employer Reviews

Fast paced place to work
Assembly and Parts Inspector (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, PADecember 7, 2013
This was a very independent and fast paced job. I enjoyed working with all my coworkers. The supervisors were very nice and friendly.
Hard working employees and active work environment.
Material Handler/Crimp Operator (Former Employee), Columbia, MOAugust 19, 2013
Pros: relaxed and friendly work environment.
Cons: poor management
A day on the job as a material handler for American Air Filter consists of many things. From placing orders, to pulling needed parts to fork-lift driving.
As a material handler I was to ensure that the production lines had everything they needed for their current order and also for the orders ahead. A lot of good time management was required as a material – more... handler. Being able to use the time between orders to prep and order needed supplies for the next order while making sure the workers had enough material for their current order, was quite the feat.
I enjoyed this style of work because I stayed on the move and there was never much of a lull during the work day. The work environment was a fun one, with the workers keeping good spirits and staying motivated.
The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with the management, who never seemed to be satisfied with the production that was accomplished.
The best part of the job had to be the feeling of accomplishment when good numbers were produced and knowing that a lot of it was due to my hard work. – less
Fun and productive environment for talented Engineers
Product Design Engineer III (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 11, 2013
Pros: excellent colleagues to work with, excellent mentoring by senior engineers
Cons: poor management - company filed for bankruptcy protection
Typical day at work:

Heat transfer, fluid flow network modeling, projects management, structural analysis and engineering
It's Alright
Production Worker (Former Employee), Lebanon, INMarch 23, 2013
Pros: easy work
Cons: not enough english speakers
The work was very easy and fast to get done. Alot of the coworkers did not speak english at all. So I had noone to really communciate with.
safety work place and clean
QA Tester & teams leader (Current Employee), Columbia, MOJanuary 13, 2013
when i came to work i feel exciting .because i will meet with my co worker and employee and do somethings new as leaning a new things from my co worker as employee make for the job done as teams work .and everyone happy when the shift done .that not easy make everyone be happy .as i leaned a lots day by day,and tried hard to work togeter with them and – more... show up my skill helped them out when we hit some difficul situation keepeveryone close togeter and friendly ,those things make me happy and enjioy myjob during times i been here . – less
Ok place
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Columbia, MODecember 21, 2012
I don't care much for manufacturing so my opinion is going to be slanted. I didn't like it here because of the politics and that the filters contain fiberglass so I was itching all the time.
Productive and Fun place to work
Senior Tax Analyst (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 3, 2012
Pros: very good culture and atmosphere to work
Cons: not a lot in the way of retirement perks.
The department I worked in had one heck of a leader and provided me the opportunity to grow and develop myself both technically and as a leader.
Very hard working, dirty, hot environment, very physical working with fiber glass.
Packer (Former Employee), Fayetteville, AROctober 27, 2012
A typical work day is a very physical day in a hot work environment. I learned how to rework air filters, labeling, and box making. Most of the time upper management was not available. My co-workers were mostly great people to be around. The hardest part of the job was the heat, how physical it was and working with the fiber glass. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was my co-workers. – less
not much for working together as a team. Mostly happy though
QC, Assembler, Packer (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJuly 2, 2012
Pros: minimal commute
Cons: lack of communication was unfortunate
Hot and FAST paced. Due to lack of comunication the job was made a little difficult. 85% of employees only spoke spanish only. Employees were happy and some wanted to help.
Small one-manager office. Watched a lot of TV!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 10, 2012
Pros: manager took me for business lunches sometimes.
Cons: i couldn't take much time off since the office was so small.
I took phone orders for air filters. On slow days, I was able to read books or watch television. Generally, it wasn't as busy of a workplace as I would have liked; however, I worked there for 8 years and learned order entry and e-mail.
hot place to work and very itchy
Air Filter Assembler/Inspector (Former Employee), Columbia, MOApril 13, 2012
Pros: decent pay
Cons: language barrier
this place had alot of different cultures and language issues
Excellent group of people to I worked with specially my customer service person whom I had the pleasure of working with she retired after 40 years
National Cleanroom Sales Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 21, 2012
Pros: able to travel to places i always wanted to go, never micro managed you
Cons: being laid-off
They gave me an opportunity to build a subdivision with a lot room to make it happen not many companies would do this.
Buena empresa
Ventas (Current Employee), Edo. de MexJune 11, 2014
Pros: tienes buenas prestaciones y buen salario
Cons: no hay vacantes para poder crecer profesionalmente
El trabajo es bastante bueno, tiene un buen ambiente de trabajo, existe una buena relación con mis compañeros de trabajo asi como también con la Gerencia, lo que mas me agrada de este trabajo es la cercanía a mi casa, la parte mas difícil es que no hay mucho para donde crecer profesionalmente