AMERICAN AIR FILTER Employee Reviews

A typical day at work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARSeptember 26, 2017
I stayed busy fixing equipment. And done preventive maintenance on the machines. Very productive workplace I like to stay busy. Enjoy learning new things.
Air filter manufacturing plant
General Assembler (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJuly 25, 2017
It is a nice place to work if you want a lot of over time, and you like production jobs. You had daily quotas that you were expected to meet. You would work like 54 hrs. per week. The job gets routine very quickly.
Pros
Lots of over time, Can make a lot of money
Cons
Poor work/life balance, mandatory over time, monotonous
Great benefits with the ability to balance work/life. Little guidance.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 25, 2017
This company offers lots of opportunities for personal initiative but there is little guidance. The work is not particularly difficult but unfortunately often requires creating solutions that work around structural deficiencies such as lack of organization, unclear processes, unhelpful tools/software. The people are friendly but are frustrated by a lack of direction.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lack of direction
Very strong technical company with a long history
Senior Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 8, 2017
I loved working there. As usual the company is mainly the people and there was a great group there when I worked there. Ownership has changed several times over the years which has hurt the company.
Treated very poorly as a temp
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 9, 2017
Nobody ever shows up in my department many yimes i had to work alone with just a trainee i was material handler,i ran the pleater which is a machine i had to assemble the product which takes two people simultaneously hitting the button,then i packed the product and palatized the product and moved it to shipping my boss throws things when we arnt meeting production. Then they laid us off with no warning we came to work couldnt get in yhe buolding because they changed the pasdcode and came out and told us we wete all laid off
Pros
Good money, good hours
Cons
They just didnt like temps in there
Management problems.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 15, 2017
Need to update work processes to improve safety and work environment. The shifts are considered to be the hardest hours to work.
AAF is a good company to work with
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 23, 2017
I like AAF as a general labor company, my job is to assembly of industrial filter. It is a fast past work environment and you are there to work, the target goal of how many filter you make in 8 hours is bit high, but can be done, you just have to work fast.
Rude and unprofessional
1st Shift Spinning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARNovember 29, 2016
Don't not work there, they fire for discrimination they are rude to their employees they treat their employees with the most disrespect.
Overview of AAF International
EDI Analyst/SharePoint Administrator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 20, 2016
The working environment was good, the worst part was the constant turnover of employees. lay offs were part of the culture. someone laid off today & someone new hired in a few months. There were multiple CEO changes during my time there & i feel like that was the reason for the uncertainty.
Pros
fellow employees
Cons
stability
Fair upper management
Assembly Techician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MODecember 29, 2015
Upper management at the facility was fair and approachable. However, at the supervisory level, things went downhill fast. Even though they wanted a quality product made, they also wanted high production numbers.
Pros
Approachable upper management
Cons
High, often unreachable production numbers
Worked as temporary doing daily reporting for operations.
Temporary Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 16, 2015
Worked as temporary doing daily reporting for operations. The employees ar American Air Filter were freindly and accepting. Very pleasant work environment.
I enjoyed working at American Air Filter for many years.
Senior Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 8, 2015
When reporting to work, each day started with smiling faces by my co-workers. We worked as teammates to get our daily jobs done.
Each day presented different challenges.
Good company with good people
SAP CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  LOUISVILLE, KYAugust 18, 2015
It is a small company but they try their best. I was there briefly and I could tell the employees are hard working. They seem to have niche products that are well received by customers.
Pros
Friendly co workers.
Cons
Cannot think of any.
Productive and Great Place to work
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 6, 2015
American Air Filter was a great place to work for. they had excellent benefits, awesome employees and great management. though our breaks weren't very good compare to our standing time, i'd go back if I could.
Pros
great pay, great benefits
Cons
shortbreaks
fun place to work
Material Handler and Oven worker (Current Employee) –  FayettevilleJune 16, 2015
This is a great place to work if you like to work long shifts and have the oppertunity for overtime the work is hard but the pay is good too
Back stabbing Plant!!!
Group Leader, Machine Operator, Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PADecember 15, 2014
Work as a group lead for over 7 years. Overseeing 10 different departments with over 20 individual employees ALONE. Doing pretty much everything as a supervisor would do, but never get equally paid like a supervisor. Dedicated so much times and efforts to make the plant better but in the end got framed and terminated for something did not do. After 9 years of hard work and dedications, finally came to realized it's not a very good place to work for after all.
Well accepted brand
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville KyFebruary 19, 2014
Because of brand recognition, it was easy to sell. Operational changes and plant shutdowns in the name of lean deteriorated the customer satisfaction goals and allowed competitors increasing access to the once firmly held clients. The most difficult part of the job was trying to justify the changes to the client and still price the product as if they were somehow benefiting from the reduced service.
Pros
Great Clients
Cons
Poor Service
Fast paced place to work
Assembly and Parts Inspector (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PADecember 7, 2013
This was a very independent and fast paced job. I enjoyed working with all my coworkers. The supervisors were very nice and friendly.
Hard working employees and active work environment.
Material Handler/Crimp Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 19, 2013
A day on the job as a material handler for American Air Filter consists of many things. From placing orders, to pulling needed parts to fork-lift driving.
As a material handler I was to ensure that the production lines had everything they needed for their current order and also for the orders ahead. A lot of good time management was required as a material handler. Being able to use the time between orders to prep and order needed supplies for the next order while making sure the workers had enough material for their current order, was quite the feat.
I enjoyed this style of work because I stayed on the move and there was never much of a lull during the work day. The work environment was a fun one, with the workers keeping good spirits and staying motivated.
The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with the management, who never seemed to be satisfied with the production that was accomplished.
The best part of the job had to be the feeling of accomplishment when good numbers were produced and knowing that a lot of it was due to my hard work.
Pros
Relaxed and friendly work environment.
Cons
Poor management
Fun and productive environment for talented Engineers
Product Design Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 11, 2013
Typical day at work:

Heat transfer, fluid flow network modeling, projects management, structural analysis and engineering
Pros
Excellent colleagues to work with, excellent mentoring by Senior Engineers
Cons
Poor Management - Company filed for Bankruptcy protection