AMERICAN AIR FILTER Employee Reviews

AAF is a good company to work with
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 23, 2017
I like AAF as a general labor company, my job is to assembly of industrial filter. It is a fast past work environment and you are there to work, the target goal of how many filter you make in 8 hours is bit high, but can be done, you just have to work fast.
Overview of AAF International
EDI Analyst/SharePoint Administrator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 20, 2016
The working environment was good, the worst part was the constant turnover of employees. lay offs were part of the culture. someone laid off today & someone new hired in a few months. There were multiple CEO changes during my time there & i feel like that was the reason for the uncertainty.
Pros
fellow employees
Cons
stability
Rude and unprofessional
1st Shift Spinning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARNovember 29, 2016
Don't not work there, they fire for discrimination they are rude to their employees they treat their employees with the most disrespect.
Fair upper management
Assembly Techician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MODecember 29, 2015
Upper management at the facility was fair and approachable. However, at the supervisory level, things went downhill fast. Even though they wanted a quality product made, they also wanted high production numbers.
Pros
Approachable upper management
Cons
High, often unreachable production numbers
Back stabbing Plant!!!
Group Leader, Machine Operator, Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PADecember 15, 2014
Work as a group lead for over 7 years. Overseeing 10 different departments with over 20 individual employees ALONE. Doing pretty much everything as a supervisor would do, but never get equally paid like a supervisor. Dedicated so much times and efforts to make the plant better but in the end got framed and terminated for something did not do. After 9 years of hard work and dedications, finally came to realized it's not a very good place to work for after all.
safety work place and clean
QA Tester & teams leader (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 13, 2013
when i came to work i feel exciting .because i will meet with my co worker and employee and do somethings new as leaning a new things from my co worker as employee make for the job done as teams work .and everyone happy when the shift done .that not easy make everyone be happy .as i leaned a lots day by day,and tried hard to work togeter with them and show up my skill helped them out when we hit some difficul situation keepeveryone close togeter and friendly ,those things make me happy and enjioy myjob during times i been here .
Well accepted brand
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville KyFebruary 19, 2014
Because of brand recognition, it was easy to sell. Operational changes and plant shutdowns in the name of lean deteriorated the customer satisfaction goals and allowed competitors increasing access to the once firmly held clients. The most difficult part of the job was trying to justify the changes to the client and still price the product as if they were somehow benefiting from the reduced service.
Pros
Great Clients
Cons
Poor Service
Very hard working, dirty, hot environment, very physical working with fiber glass.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, AROctober 27, 2012
A typical work day is a very physical day in a hot work environment. I learned how to rework air filters, labeling, and box making. Most of the time upper management was not available. My co-workers were mostly great people to be around. The hardest part of the job was the heat, how physical it was and working with the fiber glass. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers.
Productive and Great Place to work
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 6, 2015
American Air Filter was a great place to work for. they had excellent benefits, awesome employees and great management. though our breaks weren't very good compare to our standing time, i'd go back if I could.
Pros
great pay, great benefits
Cons
shortbreaks
Worked as temporary doing daily reporting for operations.
Temporary Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 16, 2015
Worked as temporary doing daily reporting for operations. The employees ar American Air Filter were freindly and accepting. Very pleasant work environment.
Good company with good people
SAP CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  LOUISVILLE, KYAugust 18, 2015
It is a small company but they try their best. I was there briefly and I could tell the employees are hard working. They seem to have niche products that are well received by customers.
Pros
Friendly co workers.
Cons
Cannot think of any.
Small one-manager office. Watched a lot of TV!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 10, 2012
I took phone orders for air filters. On slow days, I was able to read books or watch television. Generally, it wasn't as busy of a workplace as I would have liked; however, I worked there for 8 years and learned order entry and e-mail.
Pros
manager took me for business lunches sometimes.
Cons
i couldn't take much time off since the office was so small.
I enjoyed working at American Air Filter for many years.
Senior Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 8, 2015
When reporting to work, each day started with smiling faces by my co-workers. We worked as teammates to get our daily jobs done.
Each day presented different challenges.
Excellent group of people to I worked with specially my customer service person whom I had the pleasure of working with she retired after 40 years
National Cleanroom Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 21, 2012
They gave me an opportunity to build a subdivision with a lot room to make it happen not many companies would do this.
Pros
able to travel to places i always wanted to go, never micro managed you
Cons
being laid-off
Fun and productive environment for talented Engineers
Product Design Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 11, 2013
Typical day at work:

Heat transfer, fluid flow network modeling, projects management, structural analysis and engineering
Pros
Excellent colleagues to work with, excellent mentoring by Senior Engineers
Cons
Poor Management - Company filed for Bankruptcy protection
not much for working together as a team. Mostly happy though
QC, Assembler, Packer (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 2, 2012
Hot and FAST paced. Due to lack of comunication the job was made a little difficult. 85% of employees only spoke spanish only. Employees were happy and some wanted to help.
Pros
minimal commute
Cons
lack of communication was unfortunate
Productive and Fun place to work
Senior Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 3, 2012
The department I worked in had one heck of a leader and provided me the opportunity to grow and develop myself both technically and as a leader.
Pros
very good culture and atmosphere to work
Cons
not a lot in the way of retirement perks.
fun place to work
Material Handler and Oven worker (Current Employee) –  FayettevilleJune 16, 2015
This is a great place to work if you like to work long shifts and have the oppertunity for overtime the work is hard but the pay is good too
Ok place
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MODecember 21, 2012
I don't care much for manufacturing so my opinion is going to be slanted. I didn't like it here because of the politics and that the filters contain fiberglass so I was itching all the time.
It's Alright
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INMarch 23, 2013
The work was very easy and fast to get done. Alot of the coworkers did not speak english at all. So I had noone to really communciate with.
Pros
easy work
Cons
not enough english speakers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMERICAN AIR FILTER. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8