American Airlines Employee Reviews

Found 1,378 reviews matching the search
Work from home
Reservations Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 18, 2017
Excellent opportunity to work from home. scheduling would change bi-monthly and available scheduling went from 4 hours to 8 hours a day whereas the majority of scheduling was on the weekends.
Pros
Great benefits, work from home, flight benefits
Cons
schedule availability
Not the best place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 18, 2017
Wouldn't recommend it all. Cut throat unfair work environment. If your going to work there do it only for the flight benefits it's not worth the headache. A group that feels like they are better than everyone else. Horrible company to work for.
Pros
Flight Benefits
Cons
Everything under the sun
Manager, Route Planning (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXAugust 16, 2017
Always a challenge after 9/11 Great people to work with Worked with a lot different people. Learned a great deal and used what I learned to expand my knowledge
Pros
Travel, Team members
Cons
ADvancment was not always possible
Loved it
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2017
Great job! I loved the fast paced environment and working with the public. The days could get long and rerouted but the overall job is good. I very much enjoyed the training and work environment and the other crew members I had the pleasure of working with. The job is what you make it.
Pros
great people travel
Cons
long days
Culture is changing, but is a slow change
Director (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 15, 2017
The employees are among the best team members I've ever worked with. The benefits are really good and the company really values taking care of their employees.
Never a dull moment!
International & Domestic Airport Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2017
Must have passion for superior customer service to work in fast paced ever changing environment. Good benefits, schedules are 24/7 in good and bad weather.
Pros
Travel perks
Cons
unpredictable due to foreseen and unforeseen events occurring e.g bad weather
N/a
Fleet Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 15, 2017
cater plane, I learned nothing, management sucks, I work with a bunch of idiots, inclement weather is the worst part of the job, it's an easy job any idiot can do it.
Pros
flight privileges
Cons
inclement weather
Productive interesting workplace work please
Fort Lauderdale Hollywood international airport (Former Employee) –  Broward County, FLAugust 14, 2017
That's a book on day working at American can sometimes be a little hectic and somewhat stressful but you have to have self control and know how to deal and Converse with customers and other passenger's. Management could be much more organized. The hardest part of the job is that you're standing up 8 to 10 hours a day but overall it's a great environment wonderful team members great customers and a good place to work for employment..
Great
Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLAugust 14, 2017
Working for American Airlines was the best experience of my life. I was able to see and travel throughout all of Central America and most of South America.
Management is Horrible in certain cities
Flight Service Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 13, 2017
I have worked for management in the same department but two different cities. my current manager is very condescending and acts like a child when it comes to conflict resolutions.
Balanced
PILOT CREW SCHEDULER (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 13, 2017
I love working here. The place and the fellow employees are super. I would recommend anyone apply if you see a position open up. If you have prior airline experience then you are set.
Fun place to work
Overhaul Shop Mechanic (OSM) Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 11, 2017
American Airlines was a nice place to work; good benefits, good work environment. Fair work expectations, with supervisors who were willing to help. Proper equipment was available at all times.
Toxic
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 11, 2017
Head management was toxic. There were a lot of people trying to cut each other down and screaming at each other. The head of the department really likes meetings. There is a meeting for everything and not a lot actually gets done.
Pros
Compensation and benefits are excellent
Cons
Culture is stressful
American Airlines is Amazing
Information security engineer (Current Employee) –  TempeAugust 11, 2017
American Airlines is the best company I've ever worked for. Diverse employee base with a Servant Leadership approach. My managers, senior managers, directors, managing director and vice president are aligned with what they are doing with company mission and vision.
Pros
Diverse work place
Great benefits
Station Agent/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 11, 2017
Very Challenging and never a dull moment. The benefits were great and the people were great to work with. If you worked hard, there's room for advancement.
Pros
Free flights
Cons
Pay could be higher
exciting
Lead Station Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 10, 2017
high stress level functions. however, this opportunity also offers high, yet restrictive rewards. almost definitely most-suited for adrenaline junkies and perfectionists.
Pros
flight benefits, diverse culture
Cons
limited resources
Great Job
Project Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXAugust 10, 2017
Working for American was a great job. I would have stayed longer, however, I was at that time getting a degree and went into a position in my degree field.
Excellent Career!
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 10, 2017
Very good place to work! Management is incompetent but nice place to work! Very physically demanding & stressful job but wages & benefits are excellent!
Pros
Wages & benefits
Cons
Poor Management!
Reservations Agent
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 10, 2017
Assisting passengers with booking flights and making changes to current tickets. I learned alot more about professional customer service in the time I was there than all my other jobs together. However its all politics in the office and unless you know someone in higher management the chances of promotion are slim.
Great Benefits
Project Manager - Digital Channels (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 9, 2017
There are great travel benefits, but I find that we are not given enough vacation time to really take advantage of them.

I am not a fan of the leadership in my group, but the department as a whole is great.
Pros
Travel Benefits
Cons
I never get to take a lunch, no work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.