American Airlines

American Airlines United States Employee Reviews

many exciting travel benefits available to employees
International ticket reservationist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasApril 13, 2015
Pros: Many holidays were celebrated with wonderful parties, lunches, trips, . we also had a quiet room in case anyone needed to take a short nap or just relax..
Cons: breaks were relatively short and lunch breaks were only half an hour.
I feel that after having gone to travel agent school and being placed with American Airlines, first in Austin, and then in San Antonio, I was able to accumulate so much experience, had it not been for my employment with this wonderful company, I never would have been able to see as much of the world s I did nor would I ever have been exposed to so many different cultures.
I am now at my age of 71 interested in a greeter jo. I'm in a wheelchair but I can walk some distances. I am a very friendly, energetic person, and I've see old folk as greeters. Please give me an opportunity. Thank You.
Being airborne and away from earth
Pilot (Former Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 11, 2015
Early departures long days of duty time, non existent management that was never to be of any significant use, most workers tired and pushed to the limit.
World's biggest airline.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 10, 2015
Pros: Great compensations and benefits.
Cons: Going through the merger process
American Airlines is a diverse company to work for. Working for American Airlines for 17 years. A bit stressful at times but I love my job and what I do.
Life full of Planes
Tower Planner Operations (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Free flights
Cons: High level of stress
Working at the airport is like working in a different world... So much traffic, so many people and something is happening all the time. It is so fast paced environment that never stops. Plane lands, calls you, needs to be parked, serviced... people offload and onload. Plane needs to be pushed and take off. Sounds simpe? Not really if one step goes wrong the place turns to a "dream" . In my job I have to know about everything, know everybody and most importantly save the problem in no time :-) . That is what I like about my job. It is never same, every day is different and I learn every day something new.
Flight attendant
Domestic Flight Attendant (Former Employee), DFW and LAGApril 9, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: Long hours
AA was like any other airline company, Worked to have great customer satisfaction and retain them. Long hours no sleep but fun job.
What does the New American Airlines look like since merger?
Anonymous (Current Employee), AnonymousApril 6, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits, Good Salary
Cons: No room to advance since merger, No process, Hurry up and just get it done.
Little to no direction/communication about how we want to operate and do business since the merger with US Airways. Day to day operations in my department is in a constant state of confusion, with no understanding of how each side operates. No one is stepping up to identify what is best for the New American Airlines. Legacy AA employees are not treated nor heard fairly, by all the US Airways Management that has been put in place. If you do not play the dirty Legacy US Airways mind games, you are not in the "in crowd". Everything is always a "fire" and you will sell your heart and soul to a company/management with deaf ears. I'm very disappointed in AA since the merger. I had high hopes, but it is clearly the US Airway or the highway.
Great people and a good work environment
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 6, 2015
Pros: Co workers
Cons: None
This was without a doubt the best place I have worked. The only reason I left was due to pending layoff or relocation. I am trying to get employment with them now.
We know why you fly!
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 3, 2015
AA is an awesome company to work for. You can not beat having flight benefits. We had some of the best flight attendants in the industry.
Very caring workplace, great coworkers, professional atmosphere
Customer Service, Quality Assurance, Facilitator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Good benifits, friendly atmosphere, great motivational programs
Cons: 9/11 happened
A reservation would arrive clock in and prepare your desk for the day. He/she would take calls and listen to the caller for details about the trip they are seeking to take. The great satisfaction was being able to accomodate the caller. They were listened to and proper steps were taken to accomodate their needs and desires to have the best trip ever.

When I was scheduled to facilitate a class on new computer software would be totally different. I would prepare the classroom with materials and equipment needed for the day. The day would be lecturing, answering questions, showing how to use the new software or program being implemented.

Greatest satisfaction would be everyone felt comfortable when returning the next day to work knowing they had the tools to do a great and fulfilling job.
Never home
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), ChicagoMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: Long days. Little sleep. Work hazards
The sheer volume of people dealt with on a daily basis is sometimes astonishing. Home life was a challenge.
Co-workers were great!
Hard part of the job is dealing with the weather and delayed flights, which was often! Could never really make any concrete plans at home, schedule always changing at work.
Great And Fun Company to work as long as the Weather is good !
Passengers and Guest Services Agent (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Great Flight Benefits
Cons: Low pay And A lot of stress.
Its Fun to work at as long as you working with mainline. Have its everyday issues like cancellation flights and angry customers that need to be help but overall its a great company to work with i will only recommend the customer service area if you have great computer skills and a lot of patience to deal with angry passengers... Really good gain a lot of experience from it in all Areas,, Customer service, management.
Very efficient place to work
Fleet Service Agent, Ground - (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great place to work
Cons: Over spending on foolish things may have been their down fall
American runs it's operations like a well oiled machine which made the job easy on the employees compared to some other airlines.
AA
Interim Dir./ Senior Rep.- Corporate Comms (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2015
CEO Bob Crandall was a wonderful leader of this dynamic and world class airline. I loved my job at American. I was able to assist in getting new runways built a O'Hare International Airport and elevate American's brand image in the hometown of its largest competitor.
Fun fast environment
Gate/Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Lexington, KYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free flights
Cons: no union, low pay
Great Place for a part time job , Free flights , Genna (general manger is great )

Flight Benefits are the best you can get , Current crew is actually afraid of the union which is puzzling
exciting work
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: traveled to so many countries
Cons: long unpaid hours
a top notched leading airline for which I was very proud to work for! I met so many wonderful people and explored so many different cultures.
A great place to work for anyone who enjoys travel.
Operational Manager on Duty (Former Employee), DFWMarch 19, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: job security
The best part of the job is the benefits which are offered to you including travel, health, and the ability to have flexible hours. The hardest part of the job is adjusting to the fact that there is rarely a perfect day in the industry.
no words
Reservations Representative (Current Employee), Cary, NCMarch 15, 2015
Pros: free flights
Attendance policy is horrific, since recent merger no one knows anything. Customers are rude all the time no pay raises
Good company to work for - a lot of opportunity for growth
MANAGER, STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS (Former Employee), Ft. Worth, TexasMarch 11, 2015
A lot of opportunities to move within the organization, allowing for the development of a wide breadth of skills and experiences.
Ramp Agent / Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), La Crosse, WIMarch 10, 2015
I learned how to provide good customer service in a rapidly changing environment. I gained experience related to airport rules and regulations.
customer service was great job
Service Agent (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: customer fun
Cons: great company to work for
got laid off , like i said it was great to work with and looking forward to work with them would love to go back and work with them also

1 2 3 4 5

About American Airlines

AMR knows America's spacious skies -- and lots of others. Its main subsidiary is American Airlines, one of the largest airlines – Read more

American Airlines Salaries