American Airlines Employee Reviews

Productive environment with room to grow and expand
Fleet Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 26, 2016
Positive vibes through out the work place, great interactions with coworkers. Great place to be employed at. The hardest part about the job is its too much down time
Pros
Free travel, healthcare, and benefits
Cons
Down time (after completing a task there is alot of down time)
Good Company
Supervisor of Aircraft Services (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 26, 2016
The company in Tulsa had a good ol boys type behavior when I first started. Women at the time were not let into upper management positions. Today there is a lot more women in manager jobs now.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Company has its good, and bad
typical day at work
Fleet Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYSeptember 26, 2016
Atypical day at work for me is preparing the workload, instructing my team on what there task is and what we have to do to get it done. also, show good customer service to our clients and make sure our service is exceptionally well to there linking. The hardest part of my duties is not having enough time to finish the work mainly because it is time consuming and the next task will have to be completed as well. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting the expectation of the customer and make sure the service we provided was comfortable to there liking.
The co-workers was excellent. I love the workers and no one had any problems
Cargo Agent (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 24, 2016
I love coming to work and I never had no fights among the workers. I mean everyone knew what was their job description and no one had any conflict with anyone. If anyone want to work for the Los Angeles International Terminal feel free to apply. Management wise was excellent
Pros
no free lunches no one had any problems
Cons
love our break time.
productive and intertaining
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCSeptember 22, 2016
It was an interesting job, with interesting environment and work ethics.Is a good job for people looking for adventure
Pros
cheaper flights
Great Company to work for
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 22, 2016
I absolutely loved this position. I made the decision to leave in order to pursue my degree requirements and finish up my associates. The Management and trainers were great and my co-workers and environment was easy going. I would recommend this company to others. The pay and benefits were reasonable as well.
Still working in this company great benefits
Fleet Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 22, 2016
Still working for this company a great benefits but the pay itsnt good. We have to work with hot days and raining days nothing can stop my work we still have to go out their and load and unload the airplane no matter how its the day.
Cons
Payroll
Company does a great job.
American Airlines / customer service (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 20, 2016
Company does a great job. Great working environment. I would recommend this company to a friend for future employment.
Good
Good
Productive work place very welcoming environment
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 19, 2016
Very skillful hands on job. Have to be able to deal with costumers well it is our responsibility to make sure the are treated with the Up most respect while traveling with us.
Average
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 18, 2016
Average place to work. Benefits are good. I have been there for 4 years and it is a nice place to work. I work from home to the workplace is great..
Traveling around the world. Diverse environment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 16, 2016
It is a fast pace environment. Different personalities as well as a diverse environment. The hardest part of the job is working with a rude passenger who is yelling and getting them to calm down. The most enjoyable part is the flying benefits. My co workers are a wonderful team to work with. Management is also a wonderful team to work for and with. I really enjoy working with American Airline. What a great company to work for.
Pros
Flying benefits
Cons
Early morning shift
Not a great place to work
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 16, 2016
With the merger between American Airlines and US Airways, a lot of confusion still runs in the company, which makes it not a great place to work.
Pros
Free flights
Cons
Too much difference between processes and attitudes between American Airlines and US Airways, Politics, Drama, Finger pointing.
Productive and fun work environment
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 16, 2016
This was my best job ever. Lots of opportunities, travel opportunities. I liked the idea of being self managed. I liked that management allowed me to be cross-trained in all my areas of interest.
Pros
free travel
Dedicated employees
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 11, 2016
Always lots of work to do. Work responsibilities were well defined so you knew what you needed to do when you came in everyday. The atmosphere was pleasant and comfortable. Large company allowed opportunities to move around and learn new things. Management was the luck of the draw and based on personal preferences of management style. Usually the best would rise to the top and were awarded with advancement opportunities. Co-workers were great for the most part and I have kept limited contact with them to this day. The hardest part of the work was lack on training provided due to financial constraints, as well as annual headcount reduction activity at the end of the fiscal year. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people and the opportunity to move around if you desired.
Pros
Flight priveleges, growth opportunites, nice people
Cons
lack of job security, can get lost in large company
Ramp Agent
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 7, 2016
At this job it can be hard at sometimes but mostly its not my duties are uploading and downloading bags, pushing back planes and cleaning planes at certain times.
stability/working in different climates of weather
Fleet Service Agent (FSA) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 6, 2016
balancing the weight and balances of planes. also taking specified designated luggage to areas. troubleshooting scanners and tagging out bad mechanical equipment.
Pros
culture, money, benefits, organized
Cons
n/a
Fast paced work environment with travel benefits
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2016
The daily life of a flight attendant is never the same. One day could be spent on five different aircrafts with a layover in Tulsa and the next could be one direct flight to Rome with a 24hr layover. The work environment is constantly moving and your coworkers are ever changing. If late to work, your office leaves. While you may think they are the ones to greet you and serve you a beverage, a flight attendant actually has the ability to multitask without you even noticing. The safety and security of everyone on the aircraft is their top priority. I loved my job as a flight attendant . I was able to see the world and get to know some truly amazing people. However, the hours and time away from home was not conducive to the family I was about to start.
Pros
Discounted travel benefits (standby)
Cons
Time away from home
Great job
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 6, 2016
Great work, easy job to do as long as you stay on your job and know what your doing. great benefits and get to travel the world
Stable and accountable company
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2016
If you want to get paid to explore the world, a position as a flight attendant is for you! Many perks, including free travel, union representation, flexible schedule, and beautiful city bases.
Pros
flexible schedule, free travel
Cons
unstable pay, hard to plan your day
Free flight benefits are a plus
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 4, 2016
I feel this forced review is unfair of Indeed to require. I am seriously considering taking my resume off this site because of it. There are plenty of other sites to post my resume without such tactics.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.