American Airlines Employee Reviews

Decent Place to Work
Technical Lead - eSOA (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJune 25, 2015
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: healthcare & other benefits have gone up a lot, hard to use flight benefits because of senority from merger
American Airlines is a great company to work for. It's everything you'd expect from a Fortune 100 company. The merger has created some tension between the 2 former companies but that is to be expected.
Interesting Place to work
Staff Assistant (Contractor) (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 24, 2015
Pros: Nice management
Cons: Unions
I liked the small office culture in the big company setting. The overall manager was such a nice lady. She sent out for sandwiches and cookies for us all the time. The work was interesting, and made the day go by faster. It was a first to deal with unions, but the people were usually very nice when they came to our office.
Exciting for singles to see the world.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 23, 2015
Pros: Freindship, always on the go, everyday is differnt
Cons: senority
I would recommend this job to someone who isn't interested in starting a family or has small children as you are not home a lot of the time and you are stationed where the airline needs you. and that may not be close to where you live. But made lots of friends and had so much fun seeing the world and meeting new people
Tough times ahead
Production Supervisor Engine Overhaul (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 21, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with. Pay was great. Plenty of opportunities.
Cons: Environment is ever changing due to recent merger.
Major changes in the work environment, most are needed but some border on ridicules. A lot of skill and ability will always succeed when given a chance. Great people around you at all levels.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service and Ramp Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 20, 2015
I learned to be a team player. I always go above and beyond for the customers. I am very proactive. I am a great manager, and my employees worked well under my supervison.

I worked long hours and did not expect anything from my employees that I myself would not do.

I enjoyed my career and looked forward to going to work
i enjoy my job
Fleet service clerk (Current Employee), Queens, NYJune 20, 2015
Pros: down time
Cons: heavy flights with no help..frozen pension
at american airlines its great..no problems really..my only advice..come on time..everyone is really friendly, has a union. and the biggest airline in the world
Fun place, amazing opportunities
Customer Service Representative / Gate Agent (Former Employee), DCA and IADJune 20, 2015
When I worked for American Airlines, I felt like I was working for an amazing company. I had benefits and opportunities that I could not have even dreamt about.
Poor Pay Rate (WORK-FROM-HOME)
Reservationist (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 17, 2015
Was not able to afford internet and phone service due to poor pay rate. Was never able to reach supervisor in NC for issues that would arise. Poor equipment.
AA
Contracted Pricing Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 17, 2015
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: low compensation
Great flight benefits and lots of opportunities within the compoany. They encourage employees to move around the company and learn different areas of the business.
Worked hard
Aviation Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 16, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: mico-management managers
Great group of co-workers, all working hard to accomplish the same objective. It was a great place to work. I learned to work with others in a true team environment.
i learned to work under pressure
Sales agent/passenger service supervisor (Former Employee), port auprince,haiti.June 15, 2015
istarted to work as sales agent in the office in 1995 and in 1999 i was appointed passenger service supervisor.i had to supervise 14 ecounters employeesand was responsible of the airport operations.i got fired because i failed in dangerous good training
Fantastic place to work
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee), San Pedro SulaJune 15, 2015
American Airlines was an amazing place of employment. They have a well organized and friendly enviroment, you have the ability to grow a career with them. Best of all you have good benefits and you learn something new everyday. They are focused on the customer service.
Excellent Benefits
Material Logistic Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 14, 2015
Flight Benefits are an absolute joy to use if you enjoy flying.
Management could use improvement (extremely political, don't promote most qualified candidate)
Very disappointed in the difficulty it took to take time off for my wedding.
lively work environment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 12, 2015
Pros: travel benefits, meeting people from all over the world
Cons: scheduling, politics of management
American Airlines is rapidly growing and is an exciting company to work for and be apart of the airline industry. American Airlines cares about their employees and above all customer service. If you want to belong to a company where you will have opportunities for growth and where everyday is new then American Airlines is a great choice.
great company to work for and wish i was still there working for them.
FACILITY MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYJune 10, 2015
Got along with everyone and had a good day every day! I was learning new things like electronics and my trade is HVAC.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new and interesting things every day! The most difficult part was fixing things and making them work correctly!
The most enjoyable part of the job
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee), PhiladelphiaJune 9, 2015
Pros: free flights domestic
Cons: compensation
The most enjoyable part of working at American Airlines are the benefits I mean who doesn't want to fly across the world for free.
Very busy job and great pay
Ticket Agent (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 1, 2015
Pros: Great pay and seniority and free flights with time of employment.
Cons: Some co-workers may be trouble makers or instigators.
They do a lot of special treatment with passengers when they're buying their plane tickets and checking in baggage. The company itself was really cool the people were great although there were a few that caused problems or did extra stuff. But staying to yourself and not getting too close to the people you work with would definitely best.
It is was okay.
Call Center Agent (Former Employee), North CarolinaJune 1, 2015
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the public over the phone. Hard to get days off to travel when you first start working for the company.
Managers In Norfolk Suck
Ramp Service Agent (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 1, 2015
Started with the company in August 2014. Since then we had 3 general managers also lost our contract. Always worked short staffed management only cared about one shift. Best thing about the job was the flying benefits.
Working from home is beneficial but management is a huge downfall
Tariff Agent (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TexasMay 29, 2015
Pros: Working from home, flight benefits
Cons: Management
I love my job at American. I love working with numbers and being able to work from home. I have learned many things working at American. However, the management is never available when you really need them or have an emergency. My coworkers are awesome. The hardest part of this job is balancing working from home and interaction between my family when they are at home.
Headquarters