American Airlines Employee Reviews

can be stressful
Customer Assistance Representative (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 18, 2018
Must like people and traveling. Otherwise don't bother applying. Because is the people that don't like to travel or people that make the work environment suck and the job unnecessarily more stressful.
benefits
Cons
morale
poor job ethic
Lead Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJanuary 18, 2018
everything was who you know and what you know if you was not cool with the manager you wasn't getting anything. no sick pay no vacation pay so it was hard to take days off
Assistant Planner (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2018
I love working for an airline. It is a wonderful experience. It is a great work atmosphere. You meet many people. The flight benefits are great as well as health insurance, etc.
Enterprise Agile Coach (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Great interest taken in employees development, great collaboration, easy to approach team members, I really enjoyed the professionalism. I would highly recommend.
excellent benefits
Crew Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 17, 2018
American is a great place to work. There are excellent benefits. Depending on the department Management can be less than supportive. It can be stressful and is a quick paced environment.
Perfect for Stability
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 17, 2018
This place offers excellent benefits and good pay, but it is very repetitive. A typical day involves customer service in a call center environment. Management is strict, and there is no room for flexibility regarding scheduling. Work culture is your run of the mill office crew. The hardest part of the job is probably the inflexibility and meeting such strict guidelines. The most significant part is the flight benefits.
Pros
Flight benefits, stability
Cons
Inflexibility, repeition
Busy and Fast Pace
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Customer Service AgentJanuary 16, 2018
It's a very diverse environment. Management didn't completely know their job. So it was a learning process for everyone for American airlines. The hardest part of the job was the commute in bad weather. The most enjoyable part was the benefits of flying everywhere in the world.
Change can be good
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 16, 2018
As a 28 year employee of Legacy American, it was with excitement and trepidation when the company merged with USAirways. I have always been willing to embrace change and looked forward to making the New American the best place to work. Unfortunately, it has been a challenge in seeing the culture change so much from what I was used to and the operations and most of all, the customer service going downhill over the last couple years. The company is making money which is good, but the work environment is more USAirways (and in Phoenix, America West) then truly as a combined company. As I have told my employees many times, if you aren't happy, then time to look for something else. I have many fond memories of my job, my co-workers and friends and I am not saying anything bad about American in general. It has and I hope it will be in the future a fantastic place to work. After 28 years and reaching a certain age, I hope to find something else to challenge me and grow as a person and an employee.
Pros
Flight benefits, health benefits
Cons
Inconsistency in policies and procedures
Excellent place to work
Components and Composite Co-Op Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 15, 2018
Great co-workers, always willing to help. Awesome benefits. You can easily move inside the company. Perfect place to be directly in contact with airplanes.
Typical Day
Customer Care Manager-Global Reservations (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 15, 2018
Always engaged with your team to provide the 'Best Customer Experience' to our customers. Always try to find the best solution to help our customers with their travel experience at the first point of contact.
Pros
Team Engagement
Lot of Work when it came in
Stock Clerk, Parts Washer Crew Chief, Parts Washer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 15, 2018
I enjoyed working for a American Airlines while I was there the 30 years and 4 months. Love working around the passengers and helping them.
Got a lot of referrals and recommendation from great supervisors i worked for.
Pros
Relaxed work enviroment
Cons
Employers were afraid to say anything if they were a different culture or color.
Excellent training and work conditions
USAirways Pilot (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 14, 2018
Typical professional aviation career responsibilities. I was a Captain for most of my career which includes 10 tens in the USAF. I am looking for any related job
Pros
safety
Blah
Cabin Agent (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 13, 2018
This position was exhausting and the pay did not make up for it. I worked the night shift as a cabin agent and, while I enjoyed working with my colleagues, there was no advancement and little benefits.
Interesting
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 12, 2018
Great industry to gain a multi-faceted experience.
Loved the flexible work schedule, great co-workers who shared a passion for being the best in the industry.
Nice place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 11, 2018
I like my job trying to help each customer with the best experience even do there are many emotions when they are traveling. I always try to keep calm even do this sometimes is a very stressful job but I really enjoy what I am doing. I can meet different person with different cultures and being bilingual (Spanish/English) give me that advantage to help most people.
Fun workplace
Concierge Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 11, 2018
It’s a very good place to work. Everyone is friendly and outgoing the work is fast paced but also relaxing. The company is very definitive of the culture of all its employees
Exciting fast pace work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Each day is a new and challenging day at American Airlines. Along with a dynamic team of coworkers, at the end of the day, you feel proud to be a part of American Airlines.
Not enough work
Production Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 11, 2018
I've worked at the company for ~5 months, and as of yet, I haven't had more than about 6 hours of work to do in a single week. In addition, I was furloughed for 3 of the last 6 weeks of the year right around Christmas.

Positives include flexible work life balance and the personalities of the coworkers.
Scheduled passenger transport
Captain (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Scheduled passenger transport in an area encompassing the continental United States, Canada, Bermuda, Mexico, Central America, Caribbean and Hawaiian Islands
I am satisfied
Sr. Java UI Developer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 10, 2018
It was good working at American Airlines. I learnt many new things and worked what they provided to me. They also provided remote work for us. The reason I am changing the job is due to Project finished.
Pros
Free Lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.