American Airlines

American Airlines Employer Reviews

International Flight Attendant
International Flight Attendant (Former Employee), InternationalOctober 3, 2014
• Facilitated personal service, to ensure the comfort and safety of airline passengers during flight.
• Successful completion of extensive three-month training on: formulating safety procedures, first aid, hijacking scenarios and effective global communication.
• Conducted preflight briefing concerning: emergency procedures, crew coordination, customer – more... relations, inventory management, and promoted sales and marketing techniques. – less
Challeging and rewarding with all the positions within the company I was able to be a part of.
Customer Service Agent and more. (Former Employee), Tucson AZSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: excellent place to work and great benefits and fun.
Cons: when the office in my city closed
The atmosphere working for any Airline could be stressful at times but we all worked together and pulled through. I learned the most here doing so many different jobs over my career that it taught me many exceptional skills that I still hold onto and use today. I was part of Management, Payroll and Attendance, Scheduling, Hiring and of course interviewing, – more... Coaching and Mentoring other agents to make them the best possible for the company. This career was very rewarding and my time there was well spent with so many different tasks it was a great fit since I love learning new things and working with even the Corporate to give my input. – less
Very fast paced job attending to the diverse needs of the travelling public.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: meeting new people every day
Cons: long hours standing
Extensive customer service.
Ability to communicate clearly and decisively.
Attention to detail an absolute must.
great job
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: terrorism
great job, with great benefits. Great meeting different people all over the world.
very fun and challenging job/ lots of responsabilities
Sr. Tower Planner (Current Employee), Jamaica, NYSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: u flight for frees
Cons: short brakes
A typical day at work,
I learn to communicate with pilots/and ground control..
Management in Fine overall
I love my co-workers
the hardest part of the work is when we have bad weather
Love doing traffic>>
Airline is not a stable environment
Training Manager (Former Employee), Dallas/Fort WorthSeptember 23, 2014
Merger
Hard to move up as there are very limited opportunities.
Enjoyed working with the fellow employees
Lost Time Department Attendance Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2014
I started with American when I was 19. I started out as a customer service agent. I learned a lot and worked my way into Management. I was laid off due to a reduction in force.
Great Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cary, NCSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: health benefits are only for catastrophic illness, not good coverage
SERO Rep, hours were great, very flexible. Policies weren't always consistent but managers were great to work with.
Great work place
Lead Station Agent (Current Employee), Alexandria, LASeptember 20, 2014
Typical day great time management learning team work fast pace great safety culture. good hard working co-workers hardest part of my job is having to turn a plane around in sometimes 18 minuets. its really enjoyable when I see my agents doing things that may seem impossible to someone who`s no familiar the airlines.
overall a good company
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: travel benefits
Cons: rare breaks, long inconsistent hours, irregular schedule
Overall is a good company to work for, but it is hard to have a life at home if you are a flight attendant. Don't expect to have weekends of holidays off. I would only be home about 7 days a month. Expect to get up extremely early and go to bed late. Long hours. It is hard to even find time to eat during the day. These problems come from being a flight – more... attendant in general not from American Airlines. There is a great work environment and people are nice. They train you well. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that you meet on a daily basis and the travel benefits. – less
Great oppurtunity working for aircraft maintenance
Production Coordinator (Current Employee), Grapevine, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: typing skills improved, customer service experience
Cons: pay is not enought, no weekends off, no overtime
Sabre logbooks and creating workload for the night or turn arounds
Answering phone calls for supervisors and crew chiefs taking messages
I've learned alot about aircrafts, models or aircrafts, sabre
The hardest part is when it gets extremely busy and you are the only person
The most enjoyable part of my job mechanic's interesting stories
my coworkers – more... are great to work with and are willing to cover shifts – less
Decent workplace
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: free travel.
Cons: poor pay
You're constantly on the go. The pay to work ratio- especially when starting- is absolutely awful. The job is not hard, has benefits, and can be very fun. HAVE to be good with people. The layovers can be fun. Free travel.
Insightful and Rewarding place to work
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), DFW AirportSeptember 14, 2014
For getting right out of college, it was the perfect job. I learned so much about myself and the world thanks to being able to travel.
use to love that job
LAUGUARDIA AIRPORT SECURITY PERSON (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: one hour lunch time
I use to love that job because that was my first job but the hard part was the timing for early morning .
Fun work environment with great benefits.
Reservation Agent (Former Employee), Cary, NCSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: super flying and health benefits
Cons: unstable work hours
Typical day at American Airlines entailed of answering phones and assist customers with their travel needs. Sales of tickets, re-issuing vouchers, helping airport agents via phone to locate better flights and/or re-booking customers on different flights if there was any cancellations to customers travel arrangements.

I learned at American Airlines – more... that having a great work attitude and good work ethics along with superb customer service skills your success will exceed your own expectations.

Every supervisor I had in different departments at AA were fantastic. When I was monitored on calls and called into the office they always made sure that I felt good about my performance. I received multiple praises from customers all over the world for the customer service I provided and my supervisor always made sure I knew how much of a value I was to AA. I had a great work relation ship with all supervisors at AA.

Most of my co-workers were folks I had graduated the training class with and this allowed us to grow close as a team. There have never been any issues with another team member in my department, in fact when I resigned my position at AA after the birth of my son, my co-workers threw me a miss you party. We helped each other out when one was “stuck” on a question from a customer and did not know how to proper handle the situation.

The hardest part of my position at AA was trying to help and angry customers that just were canceled on a flight due to mechanical problems on the aircraft or as simple as weather related issues. Often these particular customers had flights of extreme importance to them because they either had to be at a funeral or some work seminar. I was able to manage and handle those customers but it does make it a bit though when someone your trying to assist in the best professional possible way and to help them reach their destination is yelling and not able to professionally communicate with you. That made the call last much longer yet I was always able to successfully satisfy the consumer.

I worked at the Advantage Department which was one of my favorite. I was able to use my creative skills to rout customers around the globe. Being able to have great communication skills came in handy when dealing with "high profile" clients such as movie stars. It was exciting to speak with someone that you just saw in a movie and to know that you just booked their flight to where they were going.
I also enjoyed receiving phone calls from other countries to assist German and Greek speaking passengers to locate lost Baggage or to help them understand where and how they could obtain their belongings. – less
Great Place to work
Senior e-commerce product owner (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great working culture
Cons: salary must be commiserate with industry
I enjoy working at America Airline, Great culture and seasoned professionals.
Most exciting work experience.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 10, 2014
Something new everyday. Great experience in terms of learning time management.
Developer for American Air Lines
Senior Consultant, SABRE WorldFare Department (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: learned year 2000 updates were simple
Cons: discovered i was not as happy as a follower than a leader
Typical - Developer and Systems Analyst for AA Fares and Pricing Application

Learned - Year 2000 programming updates

Management - Excellent pre-9/11 working environment. Open communication. Learning opportunities. Expanding System updates. Excellent customer communication.

Co-workers - Seasoned Airline IS developers. History from the 1960's

Hardest – more... - Step down from Technical Team Leader AA

Most enjoyable - .Year 2000 updates to the AA Enterprise System – less
Call center aspect
Internet Help Desk and other projects (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: very team oriented organization
Cons: very challenging and demanding job
dealing with customers directly
Excellent team
Very strict organization
Great company with great opportunities
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 9, 2014
Great working experience with opportunities to grow within the company.

About American Airlines

AMR knows America's spacious skies -- and lots of others. Its main subsidiary is American Airlines, one of the largest airlines – Read more

American Airlines Photos