American Airlines Employee Reviews

Found 1,153 reviews matching the search
Great place to work in you take advantage of flying benefits
Commercial Strategy Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 9, 2017
you do not get compensated the same as other places because of the weight they put on a "Free" flight . overall a fun and great place to work at. I wish I had time to fly to take advantage of the benefits.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
the culture still needs help
Productive and great company
Flight attendant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 9, 2017
Largest Airline in the world. They take care of their employees very well. Coworkers work well with each other. Everyone is kind and helpful towards each other.
I have a blast at work with new friends you meet along the way and new places you get to explore!
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 8, 2017
It's one of the best way to explore this beautiful world and meet amazing people which can lead to life long friendships. There are plenty of things to learn everyday and this job and give you one of the best experiences for you to learn and grow outside the classroom, creating beautiful life changing experiences!
Pros
Fun adventures
Cons
Time away from home
Airline Atomspehere
Fleet Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 8, 2017
Working within the airline industry can be real intense from day to day. Each work day brings it's own excitement from a co worker or just seeing a former college colleague who you attended college. The job gives you plenty of flexibility while each aircraft is safety parked at the gate followed by the procedures of unloading the aircraft. Working as a team and building a bond is one thing that's great within the industry. You spend years with other co workers and they become part of family. You interact with flight attendants, captains, and gate agents so you never working with the same people each day always new and fresh smiles each day.
Overall great company to work for
Customer Service Representa (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 7, 2017
The company was great to work for. The only issue was that there was not a real balance of work/life. That is the only issue I had with AA. Loved the job, it was just hard to get days off sometimes without having to pickup other hours from other people so that your shift would be covered.
Pros
Great perks
Cons
Getting time off sometimes was hard. Hated bidding for my shift.
Large company with small employees.
Customer Service/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 6, 2017
Large company with large profits, but not very good at sharing.
Training is fast and in a "sink or swim" manner
Lots of room for advancement and greater opportunities.
In general LOVED the job, just no the company.
once hired on, you become a number and not a name.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
union job, poor management
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 3, 2017
Import mail and handle customers luggage

We would work as a team and get work done safely

Hardest part of the job is moving heavy freight

Managers were really helpful and looked out for us making sure we were ok and if we needed anything

Learned how to work with a team and not be so selfish but think of others
Pros
Great company to work
Cons
Lazy people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 2, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of performing all reception duties,
assisting customers with reservations, and educating them on products and services, directed customers to destinations, and resolved any issues that customers may experienced. I learned about many different locations throughout the United States and other Countries. Management was somewhat helpful. The workplace was great, I met many great people that later became close friends. The hardest part of my job was not always being able to satisfy the customer. the most enjoyable part of my job, was being able to travel all over the World inexpensively.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
365 day workplace
My hob
Customer Service Manger (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 1, 2017
No comment I think this shouldn't be an option. This should not be allowed or it should be optional. Optional optional options optional
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 28, 2017
American Airlines is a great company to work for - I would recommend them to all of my family and friends. I had a wonderful experience working there and learned a lot of new skillsets

Want to know more about American Airlines?

Ask a question
fun
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXFebruary 27, 2017
Flights canceling and overbooked. Assigning Agents to work positions for the day.

I have learned compassion and the ability to put myself in others shoes.
Management always tried to put management first.

Very diverse workplace.

The hardest part of the job was the hours 3:30 am show sometimes.

Most enjoyable part of the job was Travel Privileges.
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
Cant leave facility for lunch
Not at all Impressed
Cargo Agent (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILFebruary 27, 2017
The position in it self was cool however the vacation relief position was a joke, it was very hard to adjust to a shift when you may only be assigned the shift for a week or two. The pay was horrible for all that was required in a shift, personally I expected more from a major airline.
American airlines
Fleet Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 27, 2017
Great flexible job to work. Great co workers flight benefits and health benefits fast pace job keeps you fit very blessed to have this job
excellent company
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 25, 2017
Great Benefits, Fun environment and very flexible, I have been here for almost 4 years and they gave me great oportunity es to build a career on the company.
productive and fun work place
Customer Service Gate Agent (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 23, 2017
I loved working for American Airlines benefits are great. Co workers and managers was extremely nice as well. I would recommend anyone to apply with American.
Pros
Free Travel
Cons
No Breaks but you do have a lot of down time so i wouldn't say that's a con.
Pay lower than industry standard
Developer/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 23, 2017
Fun perks for permanent employees. Travel benefits cannot be beat. But salary is very low compared to other positions in other companies. Everyone I met were nice and professional to work with.
Pros
Tavel benefits, cool company events
Cons
low salary
Awesome
Senior Analyst, Strategic Planning (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 23, 2017
AA was a great place to learn from the best. The airline industry was an exciting place to work. The flight benefits were enjoyable.
Productive, face paced enviornment
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 22, 2017
Working at American Airlines gives you the opportunity to meet people of all backgrounds and ages who not only are your co workers they become family. One of the amazing privileges of being an American employee you get to travel the world!
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Airport food can be costly
Airline of the year 2016
CR rep (Current Employee) –  PHX, AZFebruary 22, 2017
American Airlines is the best company ever!!! Great benefits, health, vision, dental, auto and most importantly TRAVEL!!!
Pros
travel benefit
Do not be late!
Baggage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 21, 2017
Everything is by seniority so if you are new, you will be getting the left over shifts. Management does not allow employees to be even one minute late. It all gets documented and used against you...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.