American Airlines Employee Reviews in United States

Able to learn quickly, multi-task, and work well individually and in a team environment
Sr. Applications Packager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 9, 2016
.Maintain a strong attention to detail.
Capacity to adapt within a rapidly changing environment.Familiarity with Microsoft Applications
Flexible
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 6, 2016
Being a fresher i learned the corporate culture. And its fun being at American Airlines. People i worked with were experienced though they never got frustrated with by my silly questions.
full-time job, good benefits
Scheduler, Pilot Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC , Pittsburgh , Pa.March 4, 2016
8 hrs. per day normally.. Taking phone calls from airline pilots re: any questions they have re: pay , work assignments , etc.. and use the computer to find answers to their questions ... Minimal management involvement ...For the most part co-workers were professional and courteous..Hardest part of the job was working overnight shifts .. Most enjoyable part was resolving issues a union pilot may have had and doing it courteously and professionally..
Lots of great people
Management/Bill of Work Planner (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 29, 2016
I have been displaced twice with this company in 8 years due to the companies bankruptcy and the closing of a business partnership. My situation is due to circumstances and the company provided most people with continued positions. I decided to try my options somewhere else.
Pros
Great people, good pay, travel benefits.
Cons
job security, long commutes
great place to work
Fleet Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 23, 2016
create your own schedule and work with others. free flights. health benefits are the best. co workers are great. most enjoyable part of my job is the down times. you control your own paycheck. you can work alot or a little amount of hours.
Great job, great benefits plus travel priviledges
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 22, 2016
AA work is shift work so once you get used to that, it's ok! Love working with people and helping people. The Customer Service model at AA was the same model that Nordstrom is known for. Hardest part of the job was being understaffed and having to get a plane out on time. Traveling for very little or nothing is the best part of the job.
Pros
Free trips
Cons
understaffed
Everyday is a new day
Premium Service IT Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 19, 2016
A fast pace changing environment. The day goes by very quickly due to the many problem solving situations which occur. The hardest part of the job is not being able to get someone to their destination at the time they had planned. Fortunately, coworkers work as a team to get through these tough situations. The most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference in someone day, be it to assist them in their flight situation or assist them is their needs.
Pros
Flight benefits, Medical, advancement, Training
Cons
Off schedule operations
Fun workplace!
Lead Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 18, 2016
Love the working environment and the corporate culture.
Managements are sometimes helpful.
Colleagues are very supportive of each other; very minimal of office politics.
great work place
Fleet Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 16, 2016
love working for American Airlines.... best job ever!! make your own schedule and experience life while doing everyday job.
unbalanced
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2016
work long hours in this job title. start at 0400 and get home 1600 do a lot of trouble shooting and directing mechanics in the right direction
Overall a good company
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2016
The company does promote within and believes in collaboration with employees. The company had a good vision and mission that includes diversity.
Great place to work for fun and adventure
M&E Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2016
Fun place to work. You meet co-workers all over the country. With the merger, this company has done a disservice to it's loyal employees who have retired by changing the travel policy.
Great work environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 7, 2016
Great people, good benefits. plenty of time to develop the proper skills. Hard to get hours due to cuts. management did the best they could do.
Load/Unload Daily,sort and Stack Daily Routine
Fleet Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Wish I left sooner under the Working,favoritizim Conditions & bad Managers also IAM Union Representatives really sucks when you pay into union dues & get nothing in return except booted outta door
Pros
Travel Benifits & Medical/Dental
Cons
Poor working conditions around Abusive Employees
Great Company To Work For
Ground Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 3, 2016
American Airlines was a great company to work for... the atmosphere, culture and people were great to work for and with. Would go back to working for the if the opportunity presented itself.
n/a
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2016
A flight attendant job is very unique. It is a lifestyle change. I started 2 years ago and I really enjoy the flexibility with my schedule. I don't work a normal 9-5 job.
A Day In My Life
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 31, 2016
I loved working at American Airlines, I meet people from all over the world, and I worked with a great team. I was blessed for sure.
n/a
Passenger Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJanuary 30, 2016
very fun environment to work in

meet new people everyday

management and staff was great to work with

have to get thru 100000 people just to speak to management
Flight benefits
Staff Assistant III (Former Employee) –  DFW AirprotJanuary 27, 2016
I liked keeping all the time for the guys on the ramp. I took care of making sure their training was up to date and made sure their time was in correctly for their paychecks. I set up and scheduled times for the new hires, transfers and people who were out sick coming back to work. I loved working 4 days on and 3 off that was a big perk.
Pros
Insurance and flight benefits
Cons
There was not anything here I did not like
productive and goal oriented
Aviation Mechanic-Ramp Operations (Former Employee) –  JFK,Newark AirportsJanuary 26, 2016
Transportation and safety a must. Goal oriented, Zero tolerance, Employees well being. Team work. Daily work goal must be achieved as planned. No slacking. Every minute counts and cost. On my time working for this company, I learned to handle everything at a Zero tolerance.
Pros
opportunity to travel
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.