American Airlines Employee Reviews

Found 1,156 reviews matching the search
Productive, face paced enviornment
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 22, 2017
Working at American Airlines gives you the opportunity to meet people of all backgrounds and ages who not only are your co workers they become family. One of the amazing privileges of being an American employee you get to travel the world!
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Airport food can be costly
Airline of the year 2016
CR rep (Current Employee) –  PHX, AZFebruary 22, 2017
American Airlines is the best company ever!!! Great benefits, health, vision, dental, auto and most importantly TRAVEL!!!
Pros
travel benefit
Do not be late!
Baggage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 21, 2017
Everything is by seniority so if you are new, you will be getting the left over shifts. Management does not allow employees to be even one minute late. It all gets documented and used against you...
this can be a tedious job,but I like it,every flight is different
Fleet Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 21, 2017
my day at work starts at five in the morning.I love being outside so I get to see some of the most beautiful sunrises you've ever seen. I work in the bagroom,where basically a suite case for example, going to St.Louis, comes on a conveyor belt to me. I load it into a cart and close to departure I take all St.Louis bags in that cart to it's respective gate.
Pros
discounted flight to anywhere, but as stand-by
Cons
have to work in all kinds of weather
I call it my mom and dad !
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  HondurasFebruary 21, 2017
I think most of the customer service I learnt came from all the trainings and education American Airlines provided to my personal experience.

I started working at the airport in Cargo Service and moved through different positions in the company.

I started as a full time and moved to part time, so I could go school and finish my University degrees. Fist I work full time and then part time, I was trained to act as supervisor and Top Trainer and Airport Coordinator.

It is almost impossible to fill and explain all the great things I did with American Airlines, all the countries I travel and the things I learnt and saw. The hardest part of my job was the deadlines and working against time with an airplane on the ground and doing with quality and providing the best customer service possible. The best part was working seeing the planes take off and knowing the you were part of that flight and that many people rely in your professionalism and skills to make something so simple great.

American Airlines is one of the most amazing companies to work for,
Pros
Area for growth and learn; and places you could travel.
Cons
In Tegucigalpa that growth was limited you learnt a lot but you could not easily move up the ladder
Great Company to work for
CUSTOMER SERVICE RESOLUTION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCFebruary 18, 2017
Diverse company
Able to move up in the company fairly quickly
Great group of coworkers
Love the management crew because they work closely with the entry level employees
Management helps the frontline agents feel more appreciated by making sure they feel apart
The company shares the profit made among all the employees
Great traveling benefits
Pros
Great pay rate
Cons
Mandatory overtime when weather is bad
Flight Attendant
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2017
Ensure passenger safety by knowing and enforcing FAA security regulations, Certified in cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first-aid for infants, children, and adults, Strive to make each flight safe and enjoyable for all passengers
American Airlines
Sr Project Manager, Tech Ops Base Maintenance PMO (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 17, 2017
American Airlines is a great place to work with a culture that is growing to adapt to ever changing workplace. Over the last several years since the merger there have been many positive adjustments to the corporate culture.
work at home was nice and free flight benefits
Home based rep customer service (Former Employee) –  carey NcFebruary 16, 2017
At first was excited t work there... became increasingly burned out the attendance policy is stringent...the fact you can work from home is the best thing
Pros
free travel benefits and trading of hrs
Cons
demanding andstringent attendance policy
Fluctuating call volume where we are able to educate and assist with reservations.
Home based representative (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCFebruary 16, 2017
This job is a very easy environment to assist a customer. I take calls and assist with making and adjusting reservations. The system we use has a user friendly website to educate callers as well as assist with navigation. I process necessary refunds and assure callers are routed to the appropriate area for assistance.
Pros
Flexibility to trade shifts
Cons
canceled flights and weather delays that impact the callers personal life
Excellent company to work for. Great benefits
Customer Assistant Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 15, 2017
Wonderful atmosphere, management excellent always helpful. He most enjoyable part of the job was working with the minors
Pros
Part time with full benefits
Cons
Shorts breaks
American Airlines
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 15, 2017
I did not enjoy working for this company. The environment was quite hostile and unsettling. Layoffs were done monthly in large quantities when I worked there. The management appeared to be under too much stress and it trickled down to all the employees.
Cool Place but Poor management
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Greenville ncFebruary 14, 2017
It was a lot of Labor not very much money but it was fun had great benefits but also had a poor management. We often had meetings which was good we got to voice our opinions but overall the management could improve.
Up Up and Away
Administrative Assistant/Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 13, 2017
Lot's of work and great co-workers. My co-workers were seriously thee best, making every day a good day. I enjoyed my position and recommend this company highly.
Production Support Specialist
System Staff Associate - Production Support (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2017
AA is an overall good company to work for, however; they are still behind of the times. Many of the employees at AA are extremely committee to the Company and will do whatever they need to succeed. Some employees at AA feel that the company has not always been fair.
Pros
Travel Benefits
Cons
Low Pay
I loved working with the general public
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 13, 2017
American Airlines is going through a merger and its a tough ride for all. I personally had an amazing inflight supervisor but the politics and upper management took the joy out of coming to work. That is not why I left. Change is imminent in the airline industry. I was ready for a change.The hardest part was being away from familyand the crazy hours. The best part was the job itself.
Pros
Free flights and great insurance
Cons
Long workdays and short layovers
flexiable and productive workplace
Fleet Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  East Elmhurst, NYFebruary 10, 2017
This Job has flexibility, it is very productive, steady working with little down time. All Employees are polite and respectful of one another. The job does not discriminate with race culture or age.
I love this job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 10, 2017
This job is not as bad as some make it out to be. if you are a customer service friendly person this is a great job for you. It's fast paced and very hands on. You do have quite a bit of downtime, and you are not micromanaged. So if you enjoy the responsibility of getting things done while only working with one or two other people at a time. It's pretty great.
Pros
Free flying benefits, great insurance plans, fast paced changing environment
Cons
A lot of downtime, High stress, not a lot of moving up in the company
Excellent company
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 9, 2017
Great working environment

manager and I have a wonderful working relationship

hardest part is terminations

enjoyable part is being the best airline in the industry

making customers happy
Pros
Free travel
Cons
n/a
Greatest 30 yrs career ever!!
International Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  East Boston, MAFebruary 7, 2017
Going to work was always an adventure..no two flights alike..crew members changed constantly...our customer base was basically a wonderful group..our ground crews were supportive and we meshed together so each flight ran as smoothly as humanly possible....couldn't complain that a day at work involved a trip to London,Paris,South America!
Pros
great pay, great benefits
Cons
having to leave your family for a few days and nights

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval