American Airlines Employee Reviews in United States

unbalanced
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2016
work long hours in this job title. start at 0400 and get home 1600 do a lot of trouble shooting and directing mechanics in the right direction
fun place to work
Maintenance Mechanic Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  DFWJanuary 4, 2016
enjoyed working in the maintenance field at AA, nice co-workers, good retirement benefits.took early retirement in 2012. they wanted to re-hire me back in 2014.
Pros
free travel
Ramp Agent Fleet Service (Former Employee) –  jfkApril 17, 2016
At the time it was good no pressure you pretty much knew what you had to do so your supervisor hardly have to say anything. we load and offload the planes we mashal them in push back when their are ready to leave when it snow I take part in the dicing that was one of the hard parts of the job because we used cherrypickers out in the open very cold with the snow blowing in your face other than that it use to be fun and again never had a problem with any one
American Airlines
ACCOUNT MANAGER, PARTNER MARKETING (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 3, 2015
An amazing company with endless possibilities. Growth, experience, travel, benefits, many areas and colleagues to learn from.

I can't say enough.
Pros
Great benefits
I found American to be a great company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2015
Great company to work for. Enjoyed learning more about the airline industry and how it is handled. Management as well as coworkers were all a joy to work with. Kept busy with high call volume during the holidays. Never worked from home before, so loved the atmosphere and comfort of not having to drive into the office on bad weather days. It did get difficult as the company merged with US Air and new rules and regulations were implanted, but it was part of a process and I quickly caught on.
great places to work
Fleet Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2015
all my jobs working with you coworkers for the most part work well together each one i came out learning something new management were very supportive the most enjoyable part of me day was helping customers with their shipments
productive but not a career choice
Operations (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 10, 2015
Work long flexible hours preparing for games, stage events, and etc.
To be very productive and be physical in shape, Management can't communicate but i like my co workers.The hardest part of the job is no overtime but most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know new peoples.
Pros
job skills, meet new peoples
Cons
poor management, bad pay
Great office environment with good opportunities
Office Based Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 23, 2016
I very much enjoyed my time with American Airlines as an Office Based Representative. The company is very busy after the merger with USAirways. I was promoted within six months of hire and would've remained had I not moved out of state.
Pros
Advancement opportunities, flexible schedule, lots of training
Cons
Very long probationary period with numerous restrictions during that phase
Productive and continually motivating
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 28, 2015
The hours are extremely long, short staffed and demanding. I learned a great deal about the airline industry. The hardest part about the job was lack of communication between the departments at critical moments throughout the shifts.
Pros
Benefits are excellent
Cons
Short Breaks, Long hours
Required communication with all levels of management
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 19, 2016
Very demanding and challenging, offered flexible work hours and opportunity for leadership as well as applied core values for an excellent working environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people that believed in you achieving both personal and professional success.
Pros
Company paid lunches
Cons
Last minute mandatory overtime

Want to know more about American Airlines?

Ask a question
fun workplace
Operational Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 9, 2016
very productive operation, average managment, agets break abuse, hardest part, delays, good benefits, up to date training
fun way to travel
Envoy Air (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 7, 2016
.good place to meet famous people
learn a lot new skill
management was good
work as a team
help a lot people
harder part was work under the rain
great job
CARGO AGENT (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 25, 2015
A very active job, which allowed me to evolve and better all managerial skills by constantly dealing with different situations and a large amount of employees to work with.
In conclusion a great evolving job.
Pros
benefits, pay, etc.
Cons
Working from home is beneficial but management is a huge downfall
Tariff Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TexasMay 29, 2015
I love my job at American. I love working with numbers and being able to work from home. I have learned many things working at American. However, the management is never available when you really need them or have an emergency. My coworkers are awesome. The hardest part of this job is balancing working from home and interaction between my family when they are at home.
Pros
Working from home, flight benefits
Cons
productive and interacting with the public
airport agent- customer service (Current Employee) –  SJC san jose international airportAugust 3, 2015
My typical day is to check where I'm assigned to be at the ticket counter checking in passengers for their flights. Making sure that their in the right area (passengers miss their flights everyday because they are unsure where, when they are suppose to be. Making sure passengers and myself are being in compliance with FAA regulations, checking to make sure passengers that are flying international that they have all the credentials for the flights (visa, passports, and all required documents are current to be seated inside the aircraft or to enter into another country.
Pros
free flying benefits for myself and my family
Cons
my salary is low
Customer Care Manager
Customer Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 16, 2016
I have been working at American full time since June 2013. I enjoy the employee atmosphere. Everyone treats each other with respect, smiles, hand shakes, and are genuine. The most enjoyable part of my job is coming into my job and knowing I will enjoy my day with my agents and all of the employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low seniority will give you an overnight shift
Great Travel Benefits
Fleet Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXSeptember 4, 2015
Great benefits, Management can sometimes overwork you. Agent and Ramp positions are very flexible so that is a positive.
didn't enjoy working at the airport
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  charlotteDecember 3, 2015
Cold days, hot days. Management never took responsibility and they actually wanted to promote me. Too much passing the blame to save face only for management to eventually be replace
Pros
sucked
Cons
sucked
What does the New American Airlines look like since merger?
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousApril 6, 2015
Little to no direction/communication about how we want to operate and do business since the merger with US Airways. Day to day operations in my department is in a constant state of confusion, with no understanding of how each side operates. No one is stepping up to identify what is best for the New American Airlines. Legacy AA employees are not treated nor heard fairly, by all the US Airways Management that has been put in place. If you do not play the dirty Legacy US Airways mind games, you are not in the "in crowd". Everything is always a "fire" and you will sell your heart and soul to a company/management with deaf ears. I'm very disappointed in AA since the merger. I had high hopes, but it is clearly the US Airway or the highway.
Pros
Good Benefits, Good Salary
Cons
No room to advance since merger, No process, Hurry up and just get it done.
Career that can take you anywhere you let it.
Customer Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 10, 2015
The Company is great. Constantly growing which allows room for growth. An industry that allows you to meet great individuals from all over the world. The traveling benefits are great.