American Airlines

American Airlines Employer Reviews

Great Management/ employees
Reservation Agent (Current Employee), cary, ncMarch 13, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: short breaks, no people interaction, no job stability/security
American Airlines is a great place to work. I work from home so a typical day at work is pretty much me being alone for 8 hours. The hardest part of the job is have no interaction with people during my shift or even on breaks or lunch. The most enjoyable part of the job is i have learned self motivation, determination. I have been with American going – more... on two years and i love the independence this job has given me to work on my own. – less
Good experience
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Dublin, DMarch 12, 2014
Good experience for a young professional just starting out.
Most enjoyable part of the job
EXECUTIVE CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), DFW AirportMarch 11, 2014
Flight benefits to travel whenever you want to!! Flexible working shifts.
Change is Good when Organized and Fair to Others
Contractor- Tax (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 4, 2014
The recent changes are potentially beneficial as well growth availability. However, much restructuring is needed within the hiring sector. In this day, there should be acknowledgement of true qualified given opportunities vs who knows who. Some don't always know but would like to!
Great Place to work and enjoy friends at the same time
MPR Supervisor / Crew Chief/ Fleet Service Clerk (Former Employee), FLMarch 3, 2014
Pros: enjoying time with my friends
The years I worked at AA will long be remembered still have friends calling me at home to see how I am doing, I have spent 45 years working every phase of the airline industry, people like myself have full insight of what it takes to make and airline run well, I am very disciplined, hard working , and love my work. I am very personalble and speak 3 – more... languages, and worked in Sales, Marketing, advetising for mostly European Carriers, the last one was AA, I left my executive position because of my Fathers illness in Pittsburgh, when I came back 9 months later I found AA and enjoyed the rest of my career, I didn't need to prove anything to anyone who I was, and what I did before, just applied all of my professional knowledge working with AA. – less
Great, people-oriented culture.
Pilot (Former Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth and Los AngelesMarch 3, 2014
Pros: great, talented people at every level.
Cons: tumultuous industry resulted in stagnation and periods of downsizing.
It was a union environment, and often times the pilots union and the company were at odds. Through it all, no matter what interactions I had with management, I was always treated with courtesy and respect.
Flight Attendant
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), DFW, TXFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: passes, days off
Cons: pay, you are just a number
You are a number. The pay is low. I loved the job and the employees. Flight Attendants are the best people in the world.
Loved my job, great employee participation, family like atmosphere
Reservationist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: great opportunities, family like atmosphere, chance to provide great customer service, great travel benefits and good insurance plans
Cons: opened 365 so had to work holidays and weekends, side by side work stations which sometimes made it hard to hear passenger on other end
I must say that I enjoyed my 23 years at American. It felt good to be yourself, treat passengers like.. we want to be treated. I was able to take time to console, listen, connect with the person on the other end of the phone even if they didn't make a reservation. On the other hand I was trusted to handle a call with efficiency and product knowledge – more... and excellent customer service skills to make a sale. I learned patience, how to listen, how to respond to difficult situations and hopefully have a loyal, satisfied customer on the other end of the line when all's said and done. Management was helpful, fun and fair. We were like family, management and co-workers. We had events all throughout the year either on or off site. We celebrated and mourned together.

Our Cincinnati office had the highest compliments and was ranked #1 for customer service out of 6 reservation locations, so we had been designated as the onsite office in case of emergency. Then 911 happened, and we became the 1-800 number that you see on television for families to contact after a disaster. What more can I say?

I loved my job and what American stood for, I enjoyed coming into work and taking good care of our customer's needs. I must say it was a job where I felt appreciated by both American and our customers that we served. It felt good to be a part of providing the service and solutions necessary to keep our company #1 in the industry for years. – less
Flight Attendant maintains safety and security.
FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Current Employee), Washington D.C/ DullesFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: the professionalism and knowing you are helping people on a daily basis, brings much joy and satisfaction.
Cons: tubulance and unruly passengers.
I have been with American Airlines as a Flight Attendant for 23yrs. and really enjoy my career and plan on continuing for full retirement in the near future.
Great place to work and the travel experience is unbelievable
Flight Service Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: great job
Cons: none at this time for me and my experience at aa
Great career.....Everyday is different and no day is ever boring.
Great Company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: great travel benefits
Cons: part time employment
I learned and met a lot of different people of all walks of life. I learned customer service with them.

to bad they only hire p/t employee's and pay very little.
Great customer service experience
Premium Service Representative (Former Employee), Newark, NJFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: some times i had to work very late hours....
I was nice working for American Airlines. Customers were very plesant most of times. Great meeting celebreties and co-worker were great poeple.
Great Place to work
OBIEE Developer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 12, 2014
Nice place to work, Good Work environment, Nice colluges, Good Team Lead.
completing my work on time.
Great
Customer/Passenger Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort worth, TXFebruary 11, 2014
Great company to work for. Benefits are amazing. Co workers were great.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service/Ticket Agent (Former Employee), charlotte, ncFebruary 10, 2014
it was a very good place to work I enjoyed every challenging day.
Excellent benifits
Various Line and Management Positions (Former Employee), New YorkFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: excellent travel benefits
Cons: political scheduling
Good Career stable company from the start. Excellent training Excellent benefits Excellent job security
Going south after merger with US Air
Aircraft techinan (Former Employee), LAXFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: good crew chiefs on 767-757 b checks
Cons: pay not up to industrie scale
Everyone on egg shells after merger word from the union there might be layoffs at LAX due to the dwn sizing by US Air managment
Tire and wheeloverhaul technician
Mechanic (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: good insurance, people
Cons: was not able to move up once i obtained faa airframe /powerplant
Overall great place. Show up tear down wide body aircraft tire and wheel assembly. We rotated jobs ranging from tear down, to wash, bead blasting, inspection, NDT ,build up, torque check, inflate, inspect, generate FAA serviceability paperwork.
Worst part was tear down due to air impact driver created a smoke cloud of brake dust.
very strict and structured workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Hartford, CTFebruary 6, 2014
The amount of pay does not compensate for the work dealt with.
An average work day
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Los Angeles CAFebruary 5, 2014
On a typical day at work I deal with many situations and various personalities. Because I work on a plane decisions have to be made swiftly and firmly. Many times I may be the only voice of reason.

About American Airlines

AMR knows America's spacious skies -- and lots of others.┬áIts main subsidiary is American Airlines, one of the largest airlines – Read more

American Airlines Photos