American Airlines

American Airlines Employer Reviews

Great Place to work
Senior e-commerce product owner (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great working culture
Cons: salary must be commiserate with industry
I enjoy working at America Airline, Great culture and seasoned professionals.
Most exciting work experience.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 10, 2014
Something new everyday. Great experience in terms of learning time management.
Developer for American Air Lines
Senior Consultant, SABRE WorldFare Department (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: learned year 2000 updates were simple
Cons: discovered i was not as happy as a follower than a leader
Typical - Developer and Systems Analyst for AA Fares and Pricing Application

Learned - Year 2000 programming updates

Management - Excellent pre-9/11 working environment. Open communication. Learning opportunities. Expanding System updates. Excellent customer communication.

Co-workers - Seasoned Airline IS developers. History from the 1960's

Hardest - Step down from Technical Team Leader AA

Most enjoyable - .Year 2000 updates to the AA Enterprise System
Call center aspect
Internet Help Desk and other projects (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: very team oriented organization
Cons: very challenging and demanding job
dealing with customers directly
Excellent team
Very strict organization
Great company with great opportunities
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 9, 2014
Great working experience with opportunities to grow within the company.
title company
Exec. Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 5, 2014
good location. hard workers, close to places for business meetings.
Great place work!
Communications/Writer & Editor (Contract) (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TexasSeptember 4, 2014
Wonderful! I worked full time at American for several years and recently returned as a contractor. Great people, great company!
Productive and fun workplace
International Agent (Former Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: benefits (good insurance, tkts)
Cons: n/a
Excellent company to work; good benefits;My hours are flexible and I'm able to work extra just to get the job done;
Excellent
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Santo Domingo D.RSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: work hard
Cons: safety first
Its better company to work.I feel confident that my work experience and skills would benefit the growing IN the workplace in the ALL Areas . I will call you early next week to answer any questions you may have. I look forward to talking with you. I have included along with this letter a resume and list of referrals. Thank You for your time and consideration.
Flex scheduling
Maintenance Program Technician, Technical Writer (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: job security
Management is very easy going and understanding. They allow you to coordinate with your team and build your own schedule.
My second family for 25 years. Superb opportunities to learn.
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst /Business Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: growth opportunities and salary
Opportunities to learn and become a true IT department from Program Office to Quality Assurance Lead.
Very fast pasted but fun.
Spent many after hours with co-workers developing very bonded team.
Hardest part of the job was bridging the gap between our Delivery Team and our Business Program Team.
The most enjoyable were the people and life-long relationships developed over the years.
misc
Customer Service Agent Rep (Current Employee), dallas txSeptember 2, 2014
great company...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
not a good work place
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 31, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: unpleasant work environment
all they care about is upper management. They cannot seem to
Good and we didn't have a ping-pong table
Retired (Former Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXAugust 29, 2014
Pros: no ping-pong table
Cons: no ping-pong table
Good and we didn't have a ping-pong table.a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names.
Your review may be publicly displayed by Indeed.a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names.
Your review may be publicly displayed by Indeed.
Ramp Handler
Marshal aircraft (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 27, 2014
Everyday it is the same routine as soon as you clock in it is right to work. You work on the same plans but you meet all types of people from the passengers to the flight crew. Everyone is wonderful and happy to have a safe landing. As a ramp handler it is our duty to ensure all baggage makes it on the flight with the passenger, ensure the aircraft is safe for the next flight, and clean the aircraft for the next flight.
Excellent job
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), JFK International AirportAugust 26, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: long hour days up to 16 hrs
A typical day at work will be seeing co-workers you have not seen in days, weeks, even months. Management was always professional with everyone. The hardest part of the job was being alone in layovers in special days and the most enjoyable was traveling the world.
A Day In A Life At American Airlines
Operational Coordinator (Current Employee), Oklahoma cityAugust 26, 2014
Pros: travel when flights allow
Cons: merging is not fun
Today was a typical day at work. Starting at 0500am 6 kickoff flights before 0700am. First one boarded up and went out of service at departure time. We have three gates and borrowing one from the city. The 0600 Chicago delayed to 0650 with crew legality problems, 0600 DFW mechanical and no place to put 0710 departure. I was working or answering questions on three flights at the same time, while training a new agent. What I learned is Organization is everything and communication. Passengers following me from gate to gate knowing that I will get them where they need to be. We are short handed so not much to say about co-workers. The hardest part about my job is not being able to leave on time and getting my passengers to their destination like we had promised. I enjoy my job because of my passengers and I look in the mirror everyday and know without a shadow of a doubt I did the best I could.
Flying is not a job, it is a lifestyle!
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 26, 2014
Pros: fly anywhere in the world at a whim.
Cons: long non-routine schedules due to weather or unexpected events.
The role of a flight attendant revolves around two major premises: Safety and Service. A typical day at work is never the same. Work environment is subject to frequent changes in climate and locales and involves variable hours and working conditions, changes in cabin altitude from sea level of 8,000 feet, variable positive and negative G loads and occasional turbulence in flight. In actual operations, Flight Attendants may be rescheduled to remain on duty for up to 14 hours Domestic, 16 to 18 hours International. In an emergency, must be prepared to rapidly evacuate passengers from an aircraft, provide leadership, direct and assist passenger in accordance with government and company regulations. Service will include food and beverage services from a modest snack service on a short haul flight to a full course dinner on the long haul flights.

The most enjoyable part of the job is like being on vacation and getting paid for it. But the hardest part of the job is being away from home during those important holidays of the year, Christmas, Thanksgiving and important events such as birthdays, anniversary, weddings, etc.
Long hours away from home
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: free travel
Cons: a lot of time away from home
It was a great job with great risks. A typical day was start 2 hours before flight time. Check in on the plane. Start getting safety equipment ready and make sure in place. Get passengers on board. Take a head count. Get out of the gate on time. Serve meals and drinks. Make sure passengers adhere to safety guidelines. Get everything stowed before 10000 feet. Land and prepare for deboarding the plane.
Legacy airline with a strong pedigree
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 25, 2014
Pros: free travel, flexibility
Cons: reserve flying
This career requires strong soft skills such as being dependable, adaptable, and being equipped with interpersonal skills which transcend culture and demographics. The Flight Attendant career requires that individuals be able to effectively work in a team environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction I got from serving others. The most challenging part of the job is having to serve the mandatory reserve time because during that time I am idle.

About American Airlines

AMR knows America's spacious skies -- and lots of others. Its main subsidiary is American Airlines, one of the largest airlines – Read more

American Airlines Photos