American Airlines Employee Reviews

Fun fast environment
Gate/Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Lexington, KYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free flights
Cons: no union, low pay
Great Place for a part time job , Free flights , Genna (general manger is great )

Flight Benefits are the best you can get , Current crew is actually afraid of the union which is puzzling
exciting work
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: traveled to so many countries
Cons: long unpaid hours
a top notched leading airline for which I was very proud to work for! I met so many wonderful people and explored so many different cultures.
A great place to work for anyone who enjoys travel.
Operational Manager on Duty (Former Employee), DFWMarch 19, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: job security
The best part of the job is the benefits which are offered to you including travel, health, and the ability to have flexible hours. The hardest part of the job is adjusting to the fact that there is rarely a perfect day in the industry.
no words
Reservations Representative (Current Employee), Cary, NCMarch 15, 2015
Pros: free flights
Attendance policy is horrific, since recent merger no one knows anything. Customers are rude all the time no pay raises
Good company to work for - a lot of opportunity for growth
MANAGER, STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS (Former Employee), Ft. Worth, TexasMarch 11, 2015
A lot of opportunities to move within the organization, allowing for the development of a wide breadth of skills and experiences.
Ramp Agent / Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), La Crosse, WIMarch 10, 2015
I learned how to provide good customer service in a rapidly changing environment. I gained experience related to airport rules and regulations.
customer service was great job
Service Agent (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: customer fun
Cons: great company to work for
got laid off , like i said it was great to work with and looking forward to work with them would love to go back and work with them also
Very good people to work with, everyone is friendly.
TWU Union Payroll (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 8, 2015
Enjoy working with the employees, but hate that all their jobs are being moved to Phoenix or Dallas/Ft. Worth those who have been their for 39 or 40 years this is very hard on them.

Good working with great people.
Fun Environment, Great Staff
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee), St. John's, AntiguaMarch 4, 2015
I've had more than a few shares of my ups and downs working for AA, but it's been a great experience overall that I would not trade for anything. The helpfulness of my coworkers, as well as the open door policy culture to address personal concerns has always made for an amicable and memorable experience with the majority of people I have worked with during my tenure.
Never a boring day in the airline life
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee), Queens, NYMarch 4, 2015
I learned so many rules and procedures when it comes to the airline business. I don't like to be bored anyways so I love when its weather. I feel bad when flights cancel but Ii take enjoyment in finding the passengers other choices to get to their destinations as quickly as possible. My coworkers and I all work amazing together. We all learn from each other, if one needs help with something we legit have each other back. Everybody does not know everything and if one doesn't know something the other may and willing to share the information. It doesn't even have to be a weather day for things to go crazy, we also have oversold situations, the crew can timeout or get sick, and also maintenance issues may all cancel flights. The hardest part is just not being able to get the passengers out the same day because all flights are full or going through the same issues so they have no choice but to wait until tomorrow.
Every day is different
BMAS Coordinator (Former Employee), FloridaMarch 4, 2015
Pros: new opportunities every day
Cons: weather condition sometimes is not very friendly
The aviation business is a workplace where every day is an opportunity to develop friendship, professionalism, loyalty and brand. It is great to work for a company that cares about employees and customers
A well run company
Captain (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: good pay, upward mobility, good destinations
Cons: airport delays
The leadership has successfully over come the challenges of merging two major airlines. The company will continue to get better from this point on.
Fast paced and fun working environment
Guest Service Agent, Aloha Contract Service (Current Employee), Lihue, HIFebruary 24, 2015
Check in and process passengers tickets and boarding passes. Deplane and welcome inbound flight as well as board and send outbound flight out all while staying within the time allowed. I have learned a lot when it comes to both people and work skills as well as a lot of computer skills with the programs American uses. My ability to time manage has sky rocketed and I have found that I work even better under pressure than I ever have. Management helps to ensure everything runs smoothly with the operation. My coworkers and I have created something incredible when it comes to teamwork. we have become a family and work very well together to make sure our flights get out on time. I believe that the hardest part of this job is having really long delays and no other flights to get our passengers out. I love every part of this job. From checking in my passengers, to welcoming inbound passengers, to saying aloha and a hui hou to my outbound passengers. I really do enjoy working with people and that's what makes this job so enjoyable.
Flexibilitty
Production Support Scheduler / Planner (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 18, 2015
I learned great customer service and sales skills while working here
Management skills were reinforced
Great co-workers
American Airlines Rocks
Senior IT Business Requirements Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TexasFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: see my review
Cons: the travel industry fluctuates severly, causing uncertainty as to job security. compensation tends to be lower.
I began work at American Airlines as a part-time provisional employee, and was continually given opportunities to progress and take on more responsibilities. As a Management employee, the company mandates 30 hours of training each year, most of it paid for or provided by the company. I continued to progress until I decided to go part-time, and even then, was given many interesting opportunies to continue to add value to the company. If I weren't relocating, I would stay with American Airlines until retirement.

Through the company's multi-cultural nature, I have been exposed to new ideas based on diversity. It sponsors employee days for giving back to the community, and employee groups for sharing interests and beliefs.

The hardest part of the job is ramping up at the beginning of a project or program, and the influences the ever-changing industry has on the scope of projects, causing frequent "re-tooling" of project direction.

This is also the most enjoyable part of the job.
Corporate Merger
Director, Vendor Management Office (Former Employee), Dallas, TX and Phoenix, AZFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: travel for pleasure
Cons: continual working from 2 different geographic locations
Extremely proud and excited with my role prior to the merger. Many persons roles changed due to duplication of responsibilities. Miss the people, but needed a change and challenge.
Fast Pace & Exciting place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), HoustonFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: poor work/life balance
High pressure, fast paced environment with a great deal of exposure to different clientele. Everyday is a new challenge which creates an exciting atmosphere to work.
Good Company to work for
Lead Agent, Bilingual Customer Service (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 13, 2015
Well working for an airline and providing excellent customer service that was my main goal that's why My Management awarded me as Employee of the Year on 2010,
In nearly 10 years I ve learned through interacting with customers questions and concerns before or during travel.
As the public face of the airline, you’re the constant target of complaints when things go wrong or simply don’t go right enough.
A great place to work around highly talented people
Senior, Product Management (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Would definitely go back for the right opportunity.

AA is a fun culture. I can be somewhat cutthroat, but they definitely groom strong talent.
very challenging enviroment with talented people
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 2, 2015
working in a multinational company is such a great thing so many memories everyday having a wonderful people there highly educated challenging and successful push anybody to do his best
Headquarters