American Airlines Employee Reviews

I loved my job working with airlines, the passengers and airport authorities.
Lead Agent (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 23, 2017
I worked for the airlines in all aspects. The customer service, the crews, the cleaners and the airport authorities. I retired after 24 yrs.with the airlines.
Pros
exposure to many cultures
Cons
long hours with stranded travelers
Honorable Employer
Fleet Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 23, 2017
I loved American Airlines with all my heart. I wish they had not gone bankrupt. We the workers did everything we could to save her but it was not in the cards. All the workers at Sea-Tac who did not move to Dallas lost their careers with American. Hurts me to this day and I wish the new American Airlines nothing but luck and success.
Nick Carlson
Pros
Outstanding workers
Cons
Part-Time business model
Experienced, Professional and Competent
Heavy Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 22, 2017
American is a great place to work. High time work force. Lots of experience and constant learning opportunities. Everyone knows their job well and there is a general culture of respect among the employees. Some of the best experienced mechanics on the planet. From a technical perspective, the job of supervisor is a pleasure.
Pros
excellent work life ballance. Fair pay. Good working environment
Cons
The health benefits are expensive and inadequate, especially for management.
1st Corporate Job
Receivables Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 22, 2017
This was my first job after college graduation and was my awaking to the corporate culture, I learned a lot, met some life long friends and really enjoyed working there until I had to leave due to family matters
.Net developer
Senior .NET Developer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 21, 2017
American Airlines, Fort Worth, TX Nov 2015 – Till date
Senior .NET Developer

Vendor Management System: Developer of a vendor management web application for American Airlines. The application allows business groups at American Airlines to easily search for vendors providing different types of services. The system provides efficient communication between AA employees and vendors, for getting quotes and for finalizing contracts. The system allows business groups to read and write vendor reviews. The system also enforces compliance checks to ensure business is conducted only with vendors who meet certain vendor criteria. The system maintains the vendors profiles and their past performance. Worked closely with a Vendor Relations Manager at AA to design, develop and iterate on this web application.
Good place
Platinum Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 21, 2017
The only thing i didnt like when i was 1st hired was that you had to bid on shifts, based on senority. The pay was not that great but the travel, hotel and car rental benefits made up for that.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
Bid on shifts
Corporate Culture to its Finest
HUB CONTROL CENTER ANALYST/EXEC. ASST (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2017
Each department has their own respective group of employees that were phenomenal at their jobs. Middle management usually works to make sure employees are happy and does their jobs.
Lack of Management
Sr. Business Technology Analyst/ Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 20, 2017
Management is lacking in the skills necessary to manage and IT department. They didn't understand the systems or the processes necessary to achieve the goals and objectives of the company.
Fun and exciting
Cargo Agent Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 20, 2017
American Airlines is a place where you will meet a lot of interesting people, I learned a lot about customer service and airplane in the cargo area as well as security regulations.
Wonderful career.
Manager Pilot Admin. (Former Employee) –  ManyAugust 19, 2017
I worked in the airline business my entire work life. I made lifetime friendships. Traveled the world and loved learning different cultures and history.
I held many positions and enjoyed every one of them. Some were extremely difficult, physically and emotionally. Being able to help others was a huge reward and helped with the tough times. The industry dealt with enormous diversity over the years. I always had the support of my managers and co-workers and the commitment of these people was amazing, 100% from everyone when needed, we were and still are a family.

The best part was the daily interaction with co-workers and the public. Of seeing families off on their adventures and helping
every passenger have a good experience on AA.
Pros
Benefits for life and a good study career.
Cons
The bad days, weather, flight cancellation and incidents
Work from home
Reservations Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 18, 2017
Excellent opportunity to work from home. scheduling would change bi-monthly and available scheduling went from 4 hours to 8 hours a day whereas the majority of scheduling was on the weekends.
Pros
Great benefits, work from home, flight benefits
Cons
schedule availability
Not the best place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 18, 2017
Wouldn't recommend it all. Cut throat unfair work environment. If your going to work there do it only for the flight benefits it's not worth the headache. A group that feels like they are better than everyone else. Horrible company to work for.
Pros
Flight Benefits
Cons
Everything under the sun
Manager, Route Planning (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXAugust 16, 2017
Always a challenge after 9/11 Great people to work with Worked with a lot different people. Learned a great deal and used what I learned to expand my knowledge
Pros
Travel, Team members
Cons
ADvancment was not always possible
Loved it
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2017
Great job! I loved the fast paced environment and working with the public. The days could get long and rerouted but the overall job is good. I very much enjoyed the training and work environment and the other crew members I had the pleasure of working with. The job is what you make it.
Pros
great people travel
Cons
long days
Culture is changing, but is a slow change
Director (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 15, 2017
The employees are among the best team members I've ever worked with. The benefits are really good and the company really values taking care of their employees.
Never a dull moment!
International & Domestic Airport Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2017
Must have passion for superior customer service to work in fast paced ever changing environment. Good benefits, schedules are 24/7 in good and bad weather.
Pros
Travel perks
Cons
unpredictable due to foreseen and unforeseen events occurring e.g bad weather
N/a
Fleet Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 15, 2017
cater plane, I learned nothing, management sucks, I work with a bunch of idiots, inclement weather is the worst part of the job, it's an easy job any idiot can do it.
Pros
flight privileges
Cons
inclement weather
Productive interesting workplace work please
Fort Lauderdale Hollywood international airport (Former Employee) –  Broward County, FLAugust 14, 2017
That's a book on day working at American can sometimes be a little hectic and somewhat stressful but you have to have self control and know how to deal and Converse with customers and other passenger's. Management could be much more organized. The hardest part of the job is that you're standing up 8 to 10 hours a day but overall it's a great environment wonderful team members great customers and a good place to work for employment..
Great
Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLAugust 14, 2017
Working for American Airlines was the best experience of my life. I was able to see and travel throughout all of Central America and most of South America.
Management is Horrible in certain cities
Flight Service Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 13, 2017
I have worked for management in the same department but two different cities. my current manager is very condescending and acts like a child when it comes to conflict resolutions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.