American Aluminum Extrusion Company, LLC Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Horrible
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  South Beloit, ILAugust 15, 2016
Where do I even start? The pay is one step above minimum wage. Conditions are hot, dirty, and unsafe. I have been in the manufacturing business for 15 yrs and have never seen anything near this bad. Machine shop suffered from horrible management and no training to their inexperienced workers(bad enough that it was dangerous to work next to them). No brakes other than unpaid lunch. I wouldn't work for them if you are experienced because any place would be better than this. And I definitely wouldn't work there if I wasn't experienced. I have met 2 people who that have lost fingers there. They were both young(18-21yrs old) and weren't trained properly. Cycle times are typically 45 seconds.
Pros
none/check never bounced that's all I got
Cons
too many
Unprofessional, very cheap, one unpaid Lunch break, VERY UNSAFE WORKING CONDITIONS
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIMarch 3, 2016
I worked for this company in Beloit and roscoe, the company is very dirty, it's a huge mess in there, the supervisors are not to be put into a position of power, they are very hard headed and stubborn, will not give credit where it's due, will not help at all with any job, will only criticize what you're doing wrong and will not show you proper guidance, the pay is horrible, you would honestly make more at McDonald's every 2 weeks. Also pay is bi weekly. No guaranteed hours. Just a very poor company to work for. CHEAP is an understatement that I could use for this company. It's almost sad to see such buildings go to waste.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Almost everything.
Its called work
Labor (Current Employee) –  RoscoeAugust 2, 2016
Suck it up u p nobody makes $ for easy work. It is hot and most factorys are. So I need 150 characters so I'll just keep typing until I get 150 character
Pros
Decent pay, variety, benefits.
Cons
Hot, noisey
Hot, Bad work environment
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHOctober 29, 2015
It was around 110 degrees on a typical day. I actually learned a lot I learned how to run a press work a saw use torches and drive a tow motor. There was decent management for the most part there were a couple managers who didn't have the people skills I feel that should be required to be in a place of power. My co-workers were great I had no problems with them and we would joke around and have laughs as we worked. I don't really have a hard part about that job some people would probably say lifting the metal you have to be able to lift around 300lbs with 1 other person.
Pros
Its union after 90 days, payed holidays after probation, and a week off after a year
Cons
Manditory overtime, Dangerous work environment, and poor management
Wouldn't reccomend working there unless no other options
worker (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIMarch 8, 2016
I have worked for this company for a year and a half now. There is a lot of safety issues that go on there everyday. The pay is not that great for the work that you do. Not much room to advance to better pay.
Pros
8 hour days
Cons
Pay, safety, and no room to become anything more than what you are.
Tense and at times hostile with gaps of deep silence.
Production Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WISeptember 21, 2015
The day started with daily demands meeting, I took notes that would help me focus on days agenda. I learned not to say much and pay close attention to what others needed, especially of me. Management was misguiding and emphasized on what we had to do with no real solutions and quick to point the finger or assign tasks to the wrong person or departments. My co-workers for the most part looked like they were struggling to survive and anticipating for day to end.The hardest part of the job was having to listen to some of the managers tell (not show) you how to do your job and ridicule you when you ( not we ) failed. The most enjoyable part of the day was to help someone who was struggling and making something happen with little to no support from upper management.
Pros
No set time to end the days tasks
Cons
Might be pulling a double shift to complete the days tasks
only work here if you have to.
factory worker (Current Employee) –  roscoe, ilAugust 26, 2014
Unsafe to work at. company doesn't follow codes. pay is poor. no breaks. no sickdays. holiday on weekday they make you work sat for straight time.
Pros
the paycheck clears
Cons
low pay no benefits
Great for less experienced individuals trying to get into the industry. Very low pay for whats asked of you.
Project Lead/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Roscoe, ILJune 23, 2014
Great learning experience just very low pay. Extremely hot and very long hours required. very dirty and some travel is required.
Pros
learn new skills
Cons
no breaks half hour lunch and poor pay school
?
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Roscoe, ILMay 13, 2015
Not a place i would recommend no one knows whats going on and your taking advantage of by management and the pay was really low for the type of work.
Not a safe place to work
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 1, 2015
The building is not safe. The place is not ran by good people. The company will put no money into the building or equipment.
Work enviroment
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Roscoe, ILMarch 17, 2014
Great place to work! Great Co-worker and learned a lot about the Extrusion buisness

2.1