american apparel

american apparel Employer Reviews

productive
Consumer Returns Agent (Current Employee), La Mirada, CASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: nothing free or bonu
Cons: 30 min lunch, bad benefit, no holiday no vacation.
1 shift Morning, Daisy work out for short per for health and stretch out, learning a lot of thing like everything for warehouse, like scanner, picking, packing, etc.

Management such a receive at dock, consumer return package count, process an RMA used computer such a Microsoft, word etc. cowork helpful friendship, it hard part of my work, need to be – more... work as faster for productivity daisy. With Co worker of each person help each other. – less
fun place to work ,real busy
Order Puller/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2014
Pros: night job with weekends off
Cons: no raises
busy work all night , so i was always busy , co workers made job easy knowing you can count on them to help with boxes when you need to climb high to get boxes.
very productive
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), La Mirada, CAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: great employee parking
Cons: non to think of
Worked at a fast pace environment. Good people work there. Always stayed busy.
Great People
Back Stock/Sales Associate (Former Employee), 875 S Grand Central Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV 89106August 20, 2014
Pros: free clothes
Cons: juggling between stock and sales at the same time
I learned basic excel and spreadsheet working here and how to find discrepancies. All my co-workers were interesting with all different lifestyles. The hardest part of this job was the perfect folding.
Not a good work place
Inventory and Logistics Manager (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAAugust 19, 2014
Inventory audit everyday
I did learn new colors
Management was very unfair. From corp to local stores.
My team was great
The oldest part to ts job was working for someone that didn't value you work.
Fast pace
Production Worker (Former Employee), Oneonta, ALAugust 13, 2014
Pros: great pay and hours.
Cons: not enough work
It was't the most glamorous job, but it paid very well. definitely get paid for what you do. I had many new experiences working with this company. All the people that I worked with were all friendly. I mostly miss this job because it was a good paying job and had perfect hours.
hot, but fun work in the stockroom
Stock Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 12, 2014
It was fun, although hot and windowless, in the stock room. They are a company that I would work for again, given the opportunity.
Fast pace and long hours
employee (Current Employee), La MirdaAugust 3, 2014
Pros: benfits
Cons: hours, management, location
busy at first slow towards the end of shift.
stay busy.
management is all over the place.
co-workers are enjoyable
nothing
working in gernal
Super fun job experience
Keyholder (Current Employee), Commerce, CAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: fun friendly people
Cons: closed down in a short time period
I have always worked retail so this job was a big change working at a bar/grill as a hostess it was super loud laughs from costumers and the staff was great.
Fast paced work enviroment
Inventory Manager/Coordinator (Current Employee), Wellington, FLJuly 20, 2014
Over all I would rate this job fairly well. I started from the very bottom and worked my way to the top position in a relatively short amount of time. I learned what it takes to adapt to new changes in the work place and how to properly deal with them. I was also able to learn the skills it takes to be a well respected manager. The job came with a lot – more... of benefits overall but since the company is not doing so well as of now financially a lot of cut backs have been taking place hours etc,..

Seeing new employment to meet my needs. – less
Poor Workplace
General Labor (Former Employee), La Mirada, CAJune 30, 2014
I did not enjoy my time spent at american apparel. I would work twelve hours with only a single lunch break.
Excellent Boss
Associate Benefits Administrator (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 29, 2014
Pros: appreciation
I usually deal with helping aprox. 50 Employees a day. I got to admit I had the pleasure in working with an excellent boss who's primary focus was to help every Employee feel appreciated. I have worked in different fields but I have never heard my boss tell my excellent job, keep it up, thank you for all your hard work. Until I worked with this company.
Very unorganized Management. No opportunity for growth.
DELIVERY DRIVER and WAREHOUSE MAN (Current Employee), La Mirada, CAJune 10, 2014
Pros: i like my hours and route.
Cons: the pay is very low, and there are no benefits.
Something always has to happen, either the load is not ready to leave on time, or the truck has no diesel. The trucks are suppose to be ready for us to just drive off on our routes, but for some reason they never are. There have been times where the drivers are forced to pay for the diesel out of our pockets to finish the route. Lately the biggest problem – more... is our time card, many of us are missing days and or our Over Time and when we complain to our Supervisors they have no direction. What I enjoy most are my hours and my route. – less
fun work place but not a very proactive enviornment
Manager on Duty (Current Employee), Annapolis, MDJune 7, 2014
Pros: 30 minute breaks
Cons: not alot of foot traffic from customers
store was without a manage for over 3 months before getting an assistant manager so things were a bit disorganized.
productive work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Opp, ALJune 5, 2014
Pros: home daily
Cons: lak of work at times
enjoyed my job and coworkers, could make descent pay with production
family owned business
Data entry and forklift (Current Employee), Orange County, CaJune 2, 2014
I enjoyed the time with r/s . its a family owned business. I learned a lot about the family business and the construction business
Had Its Pros But Not The Best Company To Work For
Key Holder/ Manager on Duty (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 19, 2014
I would either open or close the store and calculate daily store and individual sales goals. I assigned tasks to employees, and scheduled breaks. I also provided excellent customer service on a managerial level. My co-workers respected and looked up to me more so than they did upper management. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unfair situations – more... and clear favoritism. The most enjoyable part was my co-workers, the discount and the clientele that I got based on my hard work. I obtained a lot of managerial skills during my time with this company and also helped make my store more profitable. – less
People place
Backstock Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 19, 2014
Pros: nice staff, events, and some discounts
Cons: at times management will terminate and switch people out at a moment's notice.
When it came to the workplace, the people are what made it worth it.
Even if the work was long and tedious, your coworkers were there and everyone looked out for each other. Kind of like a second family.
As for everything else, it was lacking. The labor was manageable, even on a bad day you can get the job done. Management was iffy, but adaptable. What – more... I learned about the job was the protocol behind back-stock and operations. – less
Great place but not so great when you are looking for a raise.
Inventory Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 15, 2014
Gave my best and was promoted accordingly but when it came to a pay raise they dragged their feet and continued to ignore my request after years of hard work.
A very very stressful job at times, and always required you to focused at all times.
Seconds Supervisor (Former Employee), Selma, ALMay 13, 2014
Pros: insurance and medical benefit card.
Cons: short breaks
A job that was very stressful at times which required a lot of focus. I learn how to deal with pressure and how to work with people even though it became very complicated at times, until the time of my lay-off. Co- workers were just what they were co-workers that I had to work with no matter what the situation may have been because we all had to work – more... together and get the job done on a positive level. The department that I worked in we were helpers of one another. Even though I was the Supervisor I would sometimes have to get in and help in spite of my position, I never used the "that isn't my job " statement. The hardest part of the job was dealing with people who used their position for doing what they wanted to because of their title, but I did what was required of me and that was to be obedient as long as it did not cause me my job in other words, I was not being insubordinate to the companies rules, which would have caused me to be terminated.The most enjoyable part of my job was learning to do more than my job. – less

About american apparel

American Apparel wants you to be hip and comfortable inside and out. It designs and makes logo-free T-shirts, tank tops, yoga – Read more

american apparel Photos